PDA

View Full Version : What's the secret to making money?!?

NOVA79
Jun 22, 2007, 07:44 AM
Hey all,

New to the board here...

Just wondering...I see people around here, in the game and on other message boards, say that they bought <insert expensive item> for <insert insane amount of money>...my question to you all is this: what is the secret to making money in this game? I have trouble getting 100K in my bank account....let alone 2million...

I decided to open a shop...but if I'm getting 5000 a day, I'm lucky....I'm really only selling "entry-level" weapons and items (as I don't have enough money to buy the expensive ones...)

I'm a level 37 if it matters....

If you don't feel comfortable sharing your secret on the board, maybe you could send me a PM? I'm just really curious how to make money (and don't say to do S rank missions as I find on S rank missions, MAYBE 1 in 4 enemies will drop 200 - 400 Meseta....)

Thanks guys!

Eleina
Jun 22, 2007, 07:48 AM
360 - Hard work and effort
Pc/Ps2 - Hard work and effort or find a get rich quick item (S rank/A unit) and try find one of the guys that still have alot of money stacked (they are getting rarer and rarer you just have to look at the trade boards....all these ppl asking for meseta on PC/Ps2 now o.0)

Powder Keg
Jun 22, 2007, 07:59 AM
Player shops. Make 5-7 Star weapons according to your PM and sell them for profit.

Korokodo13
Jun 22, 2007, 07:59 AM
On 2007-06-22 05:44, NOVA79 wrote:
Hey all,

New to the board here...

Just wondering...I see people around here, in the game and on other message boards, say that they bought <insert expensive item> for <insert insane amount of money>...my question to you all is this: what is the secret to making money in this game? I have trouble getting 100K in my bank account....let alone 2million...

I decided to open a shop...but if I'm getting 5000 a day, I'm lucky....I'm really only selling "entry-level" weapons and items (as I don't have enough money to buy the expensive ones...)

I'm a level 37 if it matters....

If you don't feel comfortable sharing your secret on the board, maybe you could send me a PM? I'm just really curious how to make money (and don't say to do S rank missions as I find on S rank missions, MAYBE 1 in 4 enemies will drop 200 - 400 Meseta....)

Thanks guys!

for me its based all around my shop cuz i just sell rares and everything else I find in labs S2 (which also pays well with 18K each run)and I Make anywhere near 1K-500K depending how much sold and what sold...

Realmz
Jun 22, 2007, 08:07 AM
well i should be getting more money these days, thanks to FB i've pretty much bought everything i want, until some new weapons come out i'll have nothing to buy. for me it's saving up. I also try to undercut everyone elses prices, to ensure sales lol

amtalx
Jun 22, 2007, 08:13 AM
You'll make more money as you level up. When you're starting out, you simply won't meet the mission requirements to have access to good drops. For now, level up, make what you can, and SAVE. Don't go buying new weapons and armor every time you meet a new minimum requirement. You'll thank yourself when you're shelling out +300K for A ranks or maybe even a few million for S ranks.

eightball
Jun 22, 2007, 12:19 PM
from shop experience if you wanna really make money don't go for making melee weapons because people are only tending to buy better percentages try selling armor, ranged or tech weapons for the money

DoubleK93
Jun 22, 2007, 12:24 PM
And if the weapon is good. Try grinding 'em on +3 luck days. People would rather have highly grinded weps instead of non-grinded weps!

Wheatpenny
Jun 22, 2007, 12:26 PM
1. Avoid buying scape dolls of you can help it.(I know its not a small feat but if you can go without doing it it helps)
2. Melee weapons of a high elemental percentage.(this is luck based so I can't realy say this is an easy option either.)
3. Any of the aforementioned options the posters before me have listed.

Calamity
Jun 22, 2007, 12:27 PM
spam me/quick missions till you get like 1 then sell for 3 million meseta

Kion
Jun 22, 2007, 12:28 PM
also know what's in demand kubara wood and weapons tend to go for alot. For you; i recomend ray-photons. They're in demand with fire break and you can make a pretty penny selling each one for about 40-70k if you're on ps2/pc side. and because you can pick them on any rank, so farming them shouldn't be a problem

Zorafim
Jun 22, 2007, 01:22 PM
Elemental photons are easy to come by, and are highly demanded. Even one can easily sell for 10k. Using this, and anything else that can't be NPC sold, you should be able to get the money you need easily.
If on 360, then just sell things for what everyone else is selling them for. You'll get your meseta eventually. lucky microsofters, with your "stable economy"...

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 22, 2007, 02:10 PM
PC/PS2: I got rich by exploiting the dumber people. At the beginning of Firebreak I sold ban-photons for like 70-80k apiece and made some millions on the first day or two. The secret is paying attention to current and upcoming events and predicting how the market will adjust.

Kion
Jun 22, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-06-22 12:10, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
PC/PS2: I got rich by exploiting the dumber people. At the beginning of Firebreak I sold ban-photons for like 70-80k apiece and made some millions on the first day or two. The secret is paying attention to current and upcoming events and predicting how the market will adjust.

too true. people bought ban photons before firebreak for massive ammounts of money to get the first gaurment aruas, and they ended up dropping like rain once the event started (lol) >_>.

Lonzell
Jun 22, 2007, 04:32 PM
Cyber, and plenty of it. Make a female toon, and go around offering your pixelated booty. The meseta will fly.

Vashyron
Jun 22, 2007, 04:47 PM
Sell Elemental Photons For 10K+!

Thats Only If Your On PC/PS2......

Lonzell
Jun 22, 2007, 04:57 PM
On 2007-06-22 14:47, XtremeStarfox wrote:
Sell Elemental Photons For 10K+!

Thats Only If Your On PC/PS2......

http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/sa/no%20u.jpg

MSAksion
Jun 22, 2007, 07:59 PM
Do what my friend did and its REALLY stupid because he's just taking advantage of the DEMAND for these things that have NO SUPPLY >_>

Sell the following for XX MILLION DOLLARS! OMG! where XX = 1-5 million LESS than the lowest shop you find.

Garment Aura - you know that Red Flaming aura everyone gets for 99 ban photons. If you did the firebreaks you'd get stacks of 99 bans easily. now this was done early like the first week so people back then didn't know it was THAT EASY to earn ban photons.

Puyo Aura - maybe more than 50 but he sold it for 50 even! OMG now he is flaunting his new cash by getting his ALT's room filled with Monster Decorations for NO reason...

The Claw Boards - everyone wants them and they're going bye bye in 7 days. So you could sell just the board really for at least 30-50 million.

HateName351
Jun 22, 2007, 08:01 PM
Step1. Collect Underpants
Step2.
Step3. Profit

DikkyRay
Jun 22, 2007, 08:09 PM
i usually whore myself out to the ladies......
but really, the only things for pc/ps2 that you can do is mission spam :/

Pengfishh
Jun 22, 2007, 11:05 PM
Buying it on ebay four months ago!

DreamLocke
Jun 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
photons for 40k? WTF...I'm on 360 and I'm lucky to sell a ray photon for 5k...grrr...

Pengfishh
Jun 23, 2007, 10:31 AM
Play Firebreak. S ranking Urgent Orders B gets you 10,500m and 105 MP. Takes fifteen minutes. Go go go.

WBMike
Jun 23, 2007, 12:58 PM
http://image.bayimg.com/da/bm/la/ab/k.jpg
YOU WANT THE SECRET TO MAKING MONEY !!?
ILL SHOW YOU HOW!!

TheLOLBandit
Jun 23, 2007, 01:00 PM
On 2007-06-22 14:32, Lonzell wrote:
Cyber, and plenty of it. Make a female toon, and go around offering your pixelated booty. The meseta will fly.

QFT

whitexdragon
Jul 1, 2007, 09:56 PM
made 50 mill on the very first an few drops of fb the meteor cannon [b] so try huntin newer rares when they arrive.......all that work for an extra 50 mill an a [b] at tat......so lvl up an work ur way up..tho they did drop on mad creatures but was much ez er to find on fb

FUFME
Jul 1, 2007, 09:58 PM
Best way to make money was back in February. All I did was gift wrap 10* items and advertise in my store that I was selling Halarod and other rare 11-12* stuff

Mayu
Jul 1, 2007, 10:01 PM
-_- You didn't even had to gift wrap something

February was the age of the hackers which meseta was well Worthless

- - you can sell anything for 99 mill <.<

-- Neptuline Junaline whatever

Today well

Sell photons, It's how you get rich http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

perfectminute
Jul 1, 2007, 10:07 PM
I made 2 mil once that way... It was awsome... ALWAYS HAVE A FEMALE CHARACTER!!! I've also made money from people quiting and giving stuff away. (Crea doubles, 20 mil)

LS_Aksion
Jul 1, 2007, 10:12 PM
Well, for starters *cracks Arthritis fingers* Ow!

1st synth foods and sell em cheap, good way to earn extra $$$ Cha-ching!
2nd find friends that you trust, and willing to help ya find things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
3rd SAVE SAVE SAVE
4th scout around in player stores & look up on the Rival's prices, sell em cheaper
5th go to Sealab & survive without buying more dolls XD
6th SELL SELL SELL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
7th uhh... wait till more updates?
*Repeate process till its too tedius @.@

Corran1
Jul 1, 2007, 11:13 PM
the hardes part is getting your first pure pm, i recomend ranged weapons as there are no ele % to worry about and they are always in demand.

Once you have enough to make a few 9* guns (say completely synth 4 boards) make some guns. As for which ones to make, the best are guns used by non gunner classes. Anyone whos main is a gunner normally has a ranged pm, so rifles and shottys and grenades usually sell like crap, while dualies, pistols, xbows, cards and bows sell very well. Then price them well, 350-400k each. They might not sell right off the bat, but on the next 3* luck day for whatever race normally uses them (ulteris sell like crazy when newmans have 3 luck) they'll all disapear.

Once you have enough money to raise more PMs and synth larger batches of weapons you can go for the huge score with high ele%s on stiking and armor.

Maverynthia
Jul 2, 2007, 12:53 AM
Are the 3* photons really going for 10k? I was told that nobody was buying them for that amount...