PDA

View Full Version : Race Deciding Problem

Zaiden
Jun 22, 2007, 08:38 AM
I'm about finish up the last chapter on PSU's story mode, and when I do, I plan to move onto the online portion. I've been doing some research, and something's been on my mind.

When I play an MMO/Online game with customization, I usually go for the Human race or whichever race is the "Jack of All Trades". Humans automatically fit the bill, but I've been having a great interest in the beast race (Nanoblast and High ATP sounds good). The problem this brings up is that throughout my PSU experience, I would like to level up all (or however many) of the types in the game. Hearing that Beasts have very low ATA and not so great with TECHNICs, this has me in a place where I can decide.

I guess what what I'm is: Are Beasts not as bad with the ranged and TECHNIC types as I'm thinking they are, or is it bad enough that I should just go for the Human race?

Realmz
Jun 22, 2007, 08:47 AM
beasts have the lowest ATA of all the races. This matters less if your real good at getting behind mobs. for tp and mst, they're second lowest (CASTs have the least of both stat if i remember right)

in the end, i say pick the race that looks best to you. even with the best stats you'll still hate your character if you think they're ugly

Korokodo13
Jun 22, 2007, 08:53 AM
once you get them lvled enough then they arent as bad cuz Ive seen exellent beast fortegunners and great Beast fortetechers running around and theyre not that gimped when it comes to being accurate or having high magic capabilities

Realmz
Jun 22, 2007, 08:56 AM
On 2007-06-22 06:53, Korokodo13 wrote:
once you get them lvled enough then they arent as bad cuz Ive seen exellent beast fortegunners and great Beast fortetechers running around and theyre not that gimped when it comes to being accurate or having high magic capabilities

units can really take the edge off of lower stats. plus is the added bit that Beasts will do a bit more damage then other races in hunter and ranger classes. While i wouldn't advise staying with a fortetecher beast pretty much everything else will get more damage from their higher ATP

Garanz-Baranz
Jun 22, 2007, 09:01 AM
Beast are not as bad at ATA as the population believes, I have a Beast Guntecher, and she does fine. All I need to use is a Zodiaride if my hit's start going to 0[misses]'s.

As for the TP/MST part, Their not bad, but just takes time to use stuff. and their high HP/DFP means they can take a hit.

>.> except, as a Fortetecher and Wartecher, their ATA is greatly diminished.

DreamLocke
Jun 22, 2007, 09:03 AM
I have a Beast WT. I make up for his lack of ATA with the accuracy buff and have no problems with him. And beasts are not the worst techers; they do okay.

If you want to go beast, go beast. Nano-blast is fun. Period.

Humans are the jack of all trades and have no glaring weaknesses, but do not stand out either. But if you want to level up a lot of jobs, it may be the best for you.

Why not try both and see which one you like better? Nothing wrong with playing multiple characters. I currently have a CAST GT and Beast WT fighting for dominance and the title of "main character". It's close.

pokefiend
Jun 22, 2007, 09:03 AM
I really wouldnt worry about TP as a Beast Fortetecher. I'd be more concerned about your ATA. My Abby is a Newomen FT and only has around 150 ATA. She misses about half the time using her ulteri ><... almost the same case with mira-kikamis.

jayster
Jun 22, 2007, 10:06 AM
humans are just mediocore versions of whatever class they choose.

Wheatpenny
Jun 22, 2007, 10:36 AM
Play what you like.

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2007, 10:46 AM
Play every race! You get 4 slots for 4 races. Perfect!

WaveofBabies
Jun 22, 2007, 10:50 AM
my advice would be to go with a CAST. they seemingly suffer the least from off-race jobs and their only real downfall is their techs.

fortegunner, fighgunner, and fortefighter are all decent choices in this category

Mutt12
Jun 22, 2007, 05:33 PM
My two faves would be Beast and Cast.

Beast ATP and nanoblast are quite nice. Only problem would be the aesthetics. All the ear choices are fugly.

Casts, I really like. SUV attacks FTW. And they are very aesthetically versatile, depending on what kinda parts you buy. You can go from looking almost completely human to looking like a freaking Gundam or something.

Lonzell
Jun 22, 2007, 05:35 PM
Be a human. They don't need oiling, they don't spew furrballs, and they don't have a overly short lifespan and hunted down by old fat men on the interwebs who love longeared lolis + prettyboys.

Sekani
Jun 22, 2007, 05:39 PM
Make whatever you want as long as it's not a female newman. Those things are like cockroaches.

Lonzell
Jun 22, 2007, 05:42 PM
Don't listen to Sekani. We need more lolis. Make a robotic loli, give it a cute voice, and say "Chii~" all the time, or "Desu~" whenever you party with others.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 22, 2007, 05:58 PM
That robot from chobits was cute http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Lonzell
Jun 22, 2007, 06:01 PM
Hell yea she was.

Make this your character.
http://www.armadaanime.com/poster-chii-ribbons.jpg

Tita
Jun 22, 2007, 06:02 PM
i was going to respond something, i swear....

On 2007-06-22 15:42, Lonzell wrote

but i can't stop staring at your sig... O_O