PDA

View Full Version : getting old..

vav
Jun 22, 2007, 10:42 AM
Poll Question: U still like the game as much as when u started playing?

Hey all,

I was wondering...
Do you still enjoy this game as much as when u started to play it?
I can't say i am. More and more u see Locked games. Prices are way to high on almost anything as well. Then the biggest part would be, gameplay. Even tho i have a ff, figh, fg/gt and a ft i can't seem to get any descent fun anymore. I can't say i have played longer then 1h/day. Its getting way to repetitive. Specially now with the FB its all about the same missions, over and over and over. Before FB, u tended to stick with the missions where most ppl were. I liked PSO better then this i have to say after playing this.

Wish WAR was already out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Vav.

Serephim
Jun 22, 2007, 10:47 AM
PSU lacks a real "story" trail, where you can start somewhere and finsh the online game after 4 or 5 stages or so.

We need a stright mission that goes 1------>2----->3------>4------->5 (final boss)

Since we lack it and everyone is alot more spaced out, its harder to find a game.

Sonic Team also made this stupid mistake where certian missions pay and give more than others, so unlike PSO you cant just enter a room and be able to play on the spot. Playing reguarly on PSO = rares and EXP, but playing on the spot in PSU = nothing, depending on the mission you choose.

AoI will flatten it out.

NOVA79
Jun 22, 2007, 10:57 AM
I love this game.... I had lost interest at first when I found there was a lack of updates, and now I'm hooked.

...I am getting a little tired of Firebreak, though...can't wait for it to end! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NOVA79 on 2007-06-22 08:58 ]</font>

Realmz
Jun 22, 2007, 11:03 AM
a long while ago i stopped playing because the only real thing i could do was Plains Overlord. When i came back there was all this new stuff, including Firebreak. I'm back into the game, and just finished my very first S mission (got a C rank but it was just for itamz anyway) i also enjoy looking for the great deals i can get on guns (a burst for 50k? sweet!)

Wheatpenny
Jun 22, 2007, 11:03 AM
Lets be frank here any MMO or ORPG(in the case of psu) is all about repetition. Kill enemies get the loot. Advance kill stronger enemies and so fourth and so fourth. I have been playing MMO/ORPG since Everquest. Granted the ps2/pc pop is kinda sparse mainly due to the inherent problems at the begining of the game's life cycle but I digress. Even in Final Fantasy XI people in that game parties where the exp and the rewards were the easiest to get and that is a completely seperate game. If it isn't fun for ya then by all means move on, hate to see you leave but this is a problem that no one can realy fix. I hope you roll with the punches so to speak and stick it out till AOI when things will get awesome again.

NOVA79
Jun 22, 2007, 11:11 AM
I find I only really started enjoying the game a lot when I opened a shop, found an awesome group of people to game with, and reached level 35....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NOVA79 on 2007-06-22 09:13 ]</font>

Korokodo13
Jun 22, 2007, 11:19 AM
It only seem old to me just when I havent slept and it seems like deja vu and gets boring, but when I sleep and start playing again everything gets all fun again

l0c0dantes
Jun 22, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-06-22 08:47, Serephim wrote:
PSU lacks a real "story" trail, where you can start somewhere and finsh the online game after 4 or 5 stages or so.

We need a stright mission that goes 1------>2----->3------>4------->5 (final boss)

Since we lack it and everyone is alot more spaced out, its harder to find a game.

Sonic Team also made this stupid mistake where certian missions pay and give more than others, so unlike PSO you cant just enter a room and be able to play on the spot. Playing reguarly on PSO = rares and EXP, but playing on the spot in PSU = nothing, depending on the mission you choose.

AoI will flatten it out.

We do have that, try parum Mad creatures > Sleeping warriors > ragan > Gol dova mish > endrum mish > de ragnus.

6 missions, 3 sub bosses, and 2 normal bosses.
Thats the longest chain, and you can double back and forth like crazy if you want to.

Similar chains also exist on neu and moatoob.

Its all about NOT SPAMMING the same mission

VanHalen
Jun 22, 2007, 11:27 AM
I still love it.

Wheatpenny
Jun 22, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-06-22 09:26, l0c0dantes wrote:

On 2007-06-22 08:47, Serephim wrote:

AoI will flatten it out.

We do have that, try parum Mad creatures > Sleeping warriors > ragan > Gol dova mish > endrum mish > de ragnus.

Thats the longest chain, and you can double back and forth like crazy if you want to.

Ooh I haven't thought to try that. You gave me an idea to try to schedle a full run through Pahrum...

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 22, 2007, 12:28 PM
This game gets old fast. The best time I had with the actual gameplay was when I first did ForteGunner and when I first did ProTranser. When updates come, those updates get old fast. I only have one reason to keep logging on, and it aint the gameplay.

MSAksion
Jun 22, 2007, 12:39 PM
I play for 4-6 hours nightly after a crappy day at work >_> which is 6 days a week. This is where i VENT and relax and have fun...

...Except I'm not having fun lately. Its Firebreak - i'm tired of it already. First off - everyone and their MOTHER (literally - long story about a teammate who's mom plays) has the Claws and the Puyo Aura. I've run i don't know how many B and A rank Parum Urgent Orders abandoning and restarting and NOTHING cept 8 Jao statues to call my own - yay >_>

My point - the RAREZ DROP RATES ... Or Lack of DROP is what MURDERS this game. With no rares for people who invested over1500 hours, and beginners doing C rank getting the claw boards they can't even use is just INSANITY. At least in PSO everyone had stuff that was slightly different but looked cool. Here everyone who is a FIGUNNER is out weilding Crea Doubles, or all ForteTechers are weilding their HALARODS. That's it? I want TWENTY different 10* Broadswords, i want TWENTY different 10* twin sabers, etc etc.

The only reason i play is not to level up but to find that rarez. but i haven't even found a Me/Quick or a Sori/Force yet and they're B rank units. Not even a Resist Unit or a Bullet Save or nothing. Nor Puyo which is apparently easy to find since a friend found it on C in ONE shot when i just ran 12 in a row that one night.

Wheatpenny
Jun 22, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-06-22 10:39, MSAksion wrote:
I play for 4-6 hours nightly after a crappy day at work >_> which is 6 days a week. This is where i VENT and relax and have fun...

...Except I'm not having fun lately. Its Firebreak - i'm tired of it already. First off - everyone and their MOTHER (literally - long story about a teammate who's mom plays) has the Claws and the Puyo Aura. I've run i don't know how many B and A rank Parum Urgent Orders abandoning and restarting and NOTHING cept 8 Jao statues to call my own - yay >_>

My point - the RAREZ DROP RATES ... Or Lack of DROP is what MURDERS this game. With no rares for people who invested over1500 hours, and beginners doing C rank getting the claw boards they can't even use is just INSANITY. At least in PSO everyone had stuff that was slightly different but looked cool. Here everyone who is a FIGUNNER is out weilding Crea Doubles, or all ForteTechers are weilding their HALARODS. That's it? I want TWENTY different 10* Broadswords, i want TWENTY different 10* twin sabers, etc etc.

The only reason i play is not to level up but to find that rarez. but i haven't even found a Me/Quick or a Sori/Force yet and they're B rank units. Not even a Resist Unit or a Bullet Save or nothing. Nor Puyo which is apparently easy to find since a friend found it on C in ONE shot when i just ran 12 in a row that one night.

I agree the drop rates on boards for rare items are a bit skewed.

amtalx
Jun 22, 2007, 01:06 PM
It's definitely not as shiny and new as when I first started playing, but there is also a lot more to do. I know all of the other ground zero players remember how little there was to this game when it first began. I still remember getting my Ranger Lvl cap, and a Vullseye, then being like "well what now?" IMO PSO got pretty old too, it was my friends that kept me coming back.

Zorafim
Jun 22, 2007, 01:18 PM

The mission progression is the easy part. Now find six members that are willing to do this with you for little or no reward.

I'd say the most fun part was probably the first twenty levels for me. I always had something to look forward to, and my actions were rewarded. If I got enough money, I could get a new weapon. If I got enough exp, I got a new level (with actual stat boost, mind you). If I got enough MP, I got a job level. If I got enough job levels, I got a new job. Not to mention that areas were slightly soloable, but still more effective to go through with a team.
Now I've capped my job, so I can't level it. I've capped my level, so I can't boost that either. Money is useless, and the only way to improve my character is to hunt for items that have an incredibly low chance of me finding. And soloing a monster is difficult enough, let alone soloing a level.

JAFO22000
Jun 22, 2007, 01:19 PM
I think the game "gets old" for a lot of people because the rush to do everything. They power level their character, power level their jobs, power level their PA's, run buff parties to get their buffs up, run crappy c rank missions and spam their techs to get them to 30, run the most effcient mission to get as much meseta as possible for the time spent, OOOO, now there are s-rank boards, gotta spam these missions now until I get all the S-weapons....OOOOO, now there are jaggos, gotta just do jaggo runs to get all the jaggo drops and screw the purification, etc...

In the end, these people have rushed themselves out of the fun of the game. There is no satisfaction for them as they have "blown their load" in 2 minutes instead of taking their time. I think I still enjoy the game as I still have goals. I don't have 6 s-rank weapons and 12 9* weapons ground at least 7 times and 3 different A rank units to go in my 44% fire A rank armor with my 38% and up weapon pallette and all techs maxed and all job classes maxed and level max and yet I still have 6 million meseta, etc....SLOW DOWN! Enjoy the game....

jayster
Jun 22, 2007, 01:42 PM
I want my pso back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm tired of this game. I can only stand to play it like 30minutes at a time now days. I have been trying to get a new pso disk but none of my local stores have them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zorafim
Jun 22, 2007, 01:48 PM
The thing about jaggoes is, this is your only time to get them. You kinda have to rush that. Same with the S ranks, they're so hard to get, you may as well try getting them. Even if you rush them, like you do levels and job levels, you probably won't get what you want.

You have a point for everything else though. If you rush, you'll just end up with nothing to do later. hurry up with new content for me to rush through...

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 22, 2007, 01:50 PM
If a game cannot remain fun by the merits of its core gameplay alone, then of course it'll get old after you've rushed everything.

Reginaldo
Jun 22, 2007, 03:15 PM
Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen this topic..

Kylie
Jun 22, 2007, 03:17 PM
Nah, I wish there was more content, but I still enjoy it enough to play it a lot.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 22, 2007, 03:52 PM
Well actually you need more options on that poll. I absolutely hated PSU when I got the game. Got on day of release. Well night of release, darn you ST. It was just terrible. Just came back few weeks ago to check it out and love it. Only thing though is I wish that we had more low levels on PC.

Kimil
Jun 22, 2007, 03:56 PM
I
m not sure why I love the gae still, the population on our server is at a low, not the same feel as pso... no rares to hunt and the ones there are are rediculusly hard to get. Yet, I keep playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I can hunt Elemental Photons for hours... lol

I think I'm addicted to this game, I almost ditched out on the Grad Camping trip a few days ago to play this >_> My friends smacked me upside the head and said I had a problem XD lol

Kaloa
Jun 22, 2007, 04:05 PM
I still like the game, but I wish the population wasn't so spread out. There are too many universes and too many lobbies. It makes it difficult to meet and hook up with other players. I can just imagine how rough it must be for people new to the game. How are they going to know they need to head all the way to the sea bed lobby in order to find a team to play with? Hell. I wouldn't have a clue where everybody was if I didn't regularly visit this forum.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 22, 2007, 04:12 PM
On 2007-06-22 14:05, Kaloa wrote:
I still like the game, but I wish the population wasn't so spread out. There are too many universes and too many lobbies. It makes it difficult to meet and hook up with other players. I can just imagine how rough it must be for people new to the game. How are they going to know they need to head all the way to the sea bed lobby in order to find a team to play with? Hell. I wouldn't have a clue where everybody was if I didn't regularly visit this forum.

Hopefully the new LFG system will fix that. Hopefully...

Cheeseycake
Jun 22, 2007, 05:52 PM
I don't the last time i really got into playing was 3 months ago and today i got back on and nothing really changed. I hope the expansion is any good ><

Lonzell
Jun 22, 2007, 05:54 PM
This game only gets old for people who don't have a lot of friends. I'm too busy coming on and laughing it up with the people I play with, which makes it enjoyable. The multiplayer experience is what makes this game what it is.

Vashyron
Jun 22, 2007, 05:58 PM
When FireBreak Is Gone, I'll Be Happy With PSU.....

Seira7
Jun 22, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-06-22 11:42, jayster wrote:
I want my pso back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm tired of this game. I can only stand to play it like 30minutes at a time now days. I have been trying to get a new pso disk but none of my local stores have them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Theres PSO+ GC disks cheap on ebay. Pop it in a Wii - nice fx. I hate to say it, but i have tried and tried AND TRIED to like PSU and it just...falls short. Along with other 360 players I have met, I will retire until AOI.

Lets face it, PSO rocked. No wonder most of the AOI requests to change the game resemble PSO. Of course we are sick of PSO, we played it for years cause it was good. PSU aint good. Its mediocre. No amount of faux MAGs, room decos, clothing sets can justify the mediocrity of this game. I have literally fallen asleep playing PSU. Lets just face it, unless this game gets a huge overhaul. It wont be a classic. It has the potential. but we will just see. for those who love this game, more power to you, but I find it strange that all the PSO buds I made through the years (quite a few) really dislike PSU. SOmething went wrong somewhere(flame if you like, this is just my personal opinion)

Jakosifer
Jun 22, 2007, 11:05 PM
I get bored from time to time but thats what friends are for. I get on for them pretty much nowadays, and to help them find stuff. >> Since they need rares to feel cool I guess.

Zer0_ConvoY
Jun 23, 2007, 12:59 AM

yeah sure, but there's no unifying story, maybe if there were intro clips, or story lines(even in text), a bonus reward for completing a chain, something to provoke a player to push on!

oh whats that you say? the maiden was captured? by a De Ragan? Aw yeah I'll run that mission! *saves maiden* whats that you say? Rampaging Gol Dova? and thats where you AND your uncle were headed? He may need our help! Lets go! *fights Gol Dova* *finds data disc with a recording showing a Ragnus attacking after they tranquelized the Gol Dova* Quick! To the Denes relics! *defeats Ragnus* *saves uncle* whats this? phat l00t for saving you two? why thank you!

I mean "free missions" are fun and all, but a side quest now and then'd be better, like PSO, it had the grandious main mission of running everything and getting bits and pieces to the mystery you are trying to solve, but it also had side quests. PSU got it backwards, they put the main story into a sidequest mode AND made it single player!!! WTF!!! I'd play those story missions if I could bring a friend or 2 with me, and in putting the main story into the side quest area, there is no side questing! outside of 3 or so sentences, I have NO idea why I'm fighting a ragan AND goldova, I know why I run relics, but thats cause I made up a back story in my head and my imagination is quite powerful and entertaining.

I have a few easy fixes for this problem, #1 like in diablo, allow access to all current parties in all areas from any lobby, if not interplanetary atleast planet wide, maybe have a quick launce bay on the space station, pay meseta to see and goto any game on any part of any planet(or space station) kinda like an emergency drop ship, like how the space marines drop in WH40K. #2 STORY! MINI/SIDE QUESTS: just like single player missions, goto a guardians brance and its like another lobby, but with story missions, maybe an intro sequence, allow joining mid mission, give mp/meseta/PA frags/whatever, if its a chain of missions, based on overall points in the missions, hence, like in a single mission, joining partway in a chain will drop rewards, but it'll still let you play.

I personally feel more vested in the game if there's a story, I can stare into space while clobbering monsters all day, but I'd like it more if I were clobbering them for more then just the fact that they are in the same area as me.

and as for the rares, I got into PSO late, but from what I hear PSO v1 had it much worse then we do, I would have liked lower rank rares at the start, as there is no point in having high ranks when the lvl cap is low and everyone started that day, also drop the rares BEFORE I can use them, give me something to strive for, getting 10 more atp to use a wep will instill the urge to level more, as opposed to leveling to the point that I can hunt for a rare then being able to use it right off the bat, "ok, I boringly busted my ass to run a mission *rare drops* oh thats nice, coulda used that 10 LEVELS ago! now I feel discouraged and will mope cause the rare is not as good as it should have been"

sorry, its late, I'm ranting

Niloklives
Jun 23, 2007, 05:08 AM
PSO didn't have it that bad...even v1 on DC. nice little difference that would make half the BS we deal with far less madning would be if rare monsters could appear at any time as a replace ment to common monsters anywhere and any time rather than these insipid spawn charts. that's how it was in PSO and it made the game more exciting. I could pop in PSO RIGHT NOW and still get excited when I see a nar lily or al rappy. but being able to control spawns and the like and making the lvl variants so vast from area to area, leaves room for few surprised and very little adventurous spirit. "oh you want a HPC? just go to Sleeping warriors S and follow these spawns. if you get rappies, you get the orgus and a good shot at your unit." whatever. let me go run dual sentinel or anyplace else that has svaltus and have ANY random svaltus possibly be a Orgdus or a Lutus. it would destroy map hunting and would let people pal around more instead of just beating on one mission for a month straight.

increase the drop rate just a bit. By the time we got to GCN, 1/5 boss boss fights on ult was a red box. The fact that synths can fail and you have to hunt materials makes finding that rare board a lot less meaningful. and while we're at it make those S ranks do more than just look pretty or inflict low lvl SEs. Give me S ranks that are actually unique weapon types or have properties unlike any other weapon in the game. I mean where's my saber that fires beams, or my claw that shoots foie? what about my daggers that buff me or my later that instantly freezes? how about a bazooka? I mean they can have adverse effects too, but this game is just so anti climactic. let me get excited about SOMETHING...

HandOfThornz
Jun 23, 2007, 05:45 AM
After a 3 month break from not playing psu and coming back.. im liking it again =)

Pricewise things are slowly getting cheaper on pc/ps2.
People wise ,players seem a lot friendlier.

I think if your starting to get boried of psu, you just need to take a break.
Also i think a lot of psu probs, will be fixed when the expansion comes out!(fingers crossed,lol)

Alazardragoon
Jun 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
Same as you I kinda lost interest for this game a while back wish I could Enjoy it as much as I did when I first got it but no matter how good the graphics and animation a game has if the game play is dull the best you can do is quit temporarily and come back once you feel like playing again.

Mystil
Jun 23, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-06-22 08:42, vav wrote:
Poll Question: U still like the game as much as when u started playing?

Hey all,

I was wondering...
Do you still enjoy this game as much as when u started to play it?
I can't say i am. More and more u see Locked games.

I stopped here.

Get off of the PC version.

DreamLocke
Jun 23, 2007, 10:50 AM
I quit a while back and have been back since firebreak began and just started fresh. When I came back it was like I was playing a different game. SO much more content and it seems ST is really stepping it up with constant updates even before the big-mamma expansion.

360 has a lot of players, at peak time over 2000+ people online, but that's still a bit low for xbox live. FFXI still beats us. But hopefully ST will make PSU 19.99 new like FFXI and that might bring in some new players...or release a "special edition" disc w/ the expansion included.

Also...if ST can win over the tons of people playing the demo we will have another surge. Crap, I've seen 2 unis full on the demo. Even seen people with synth PMs making money making equips. Come on, guys, they wipe the server! All that hard work for nothing...

Dre_o
Jun 23, 2007, 11:22 AM
I just fought S Fakis last night (EDIT: for the first time).

an hour and 50 minutes for both HIVE missions. It was difficult as hell. But guess what? I PLAY GAMES FOR A CHALLENGE.

Yes, I'm fine with PSU. I know that there is more stuff coming. Anyone who says differently is a dim witted, pessimistic fool.

Also: DON'T BITCH ABOUT HOW A GAME IS MADE UNTIL YOU MAKE ONE YOURSELF.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-06-23 09:22 ]</font>

PJ
Jun 23, 2007, 11:51 AM
I don't play as much as most people here... obviously. I've been online since December, and I have 3 characters at 40, and one at 25. It's not that I don't enjoy PSU, but I was just REALLY busy with homework.

Ironically, now that that's all over with, my internet decides to be shit. If there's one thing that makes PSU less fun, it's the need to be in the mission the whole way for the whole reward; they could atleast have made a system for people who disconnect.

radical_ryan
Jun 23, 2007, 05:09 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Shishi-O
Jun 23, 2007, 08:06 PM
i am actually sick to death of this damn game, playing all the time having no life being looked down on by crackheads,...damn you PSU.....

i'm at a different house, i gotta go get my 360.

i am not joking, i am tired of this game, but u can pry the controller from my cold dead hands.

i cannot stop playing.

finnished lvling romulus, my favorite char.

lvling fred and discovering the joys of fighgunner class

lvling mindy- ramegid lvl 26 = fun, trust me on this.

creating pure PM's, opening a completely new lvl of understanding.

i have not 1 s-rank, my goal is the stormline armor/ solid power s/ catti power/ sweet death/ crea doubles@ a high %

being able to make high % weapons, and they keep coming out with new stuff!!!

how could u possibly be board??

LS_Aksion
Jun 23, 2007, 09:17 PM
Why i like the game= Friends. I like runing with my small band of merry misfits. i actually can't wait for Firebreak to end - maybe we will all get back together again and run REAL missions instead of spamming Urgent Orders.

Why I HATE the game = RARE HUNTING. What rarez? I see them - being used by other players. But I've never seen the item in MY Inventory. They just don't drop. to make things worse, that some of my buddies get too discouraged knowing that the rarz will disapear next thursday!

on side-note, the phrase: "To Err is Human, to forgive is devine"

Garnet_Moon
Jun 23, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-06-23 09:22, Dre_o wrote:

an hour and 50 minutes for both HIVE missions. It was difficult as hell. But guess what? I PLAY GAMES FOR A CHALLENGE.

Yes, I'm fine with PSU. I know that there is more stuff coming. Anyone who says differently is a dim witted, pessimistic fool.

I think since we pay their salary and wages, we have the right to "BITCH ABOUT HOW A GAME IS MADE".

Sexy_Raine
Jun 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-06-22 10:28, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
This game gets old fast. The best time I had with the actual gameplay was when I first did ForteGunner and when I first did ProTranser. When updates come, those updates get old fast. I only have one reason to keep logging on, and it aint the gameplay.

It's me! Because you can't resist my Fiiiiness, and my pointy ears. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DikkyRay
Jun 24, 2007, 10:34 AM
On 2007-06-23 19:36, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I think since we pay their salary and wages, we have the right to "BITCH ABOUT HOW A GAME IS MADE".

LOL you think that all of Sonic Teams wages come from this?

Finae
Jun 24, 2007, 10:45 AM
Been playing since October and still going strong. Though the spark I had when I first played the game where I'd play almost at all times is gone. Still got a lot of things to do and continue my rare hunting/collecting, but I do it with ease. I just don't make psu the only game I play as you will get tired of it then.

Ugh pso? Pso was too repetitive. Infact, once the hax came in for the dc versions back then, I just started using those hacked spread needles like every other noob. Yeah a fomarl using a spread needle, fun fun. That crap got boring even when there was no hax. And just forest - caves - mines - ruins runs? Yeah that **** got old eventually. Atleast you got more places in psu. When BB came out, more places, but eventually that turned into crap too.

That doesn't mean I don't want those pso areas in psu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Just saying if I had to choose between pso or psu, I'd choose psu for many reasons. Just quit this game for like 3 months to a year and come back. And if that doesn't work, just quit the game for good because whatever future updates sega brings you won't like anyways.

Niloklives
Jun 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-06-24 08:34, DikkyRay wrote:

On 2007-06-23 19:36, Garnet_Moon wrote:

LOL you think that all of Sonic Teams wages come from this?

That's hardly the point. Games are made to make money and a company cannot make money if it costs them more to develop/produce/manufacture/publish/market/ship a game than they're getting back from the consumer. As a consumer you have a right ro criticize a product you have purchased or decided against purchasing - though only after researching thuroughly if you didn't buy it. it's our right as a consumer to discuss the faults of a product as much as it is our right to discuss the virtues.

every product on the planet is subjexy to this, as it is the CONSUMER as a whole who decides if a product or even a COMPANY stays around. and if you disagree, why did you buy this game over another one? do you own every video game in existance and play them all equally often? of course not. you bought this game because it appealed to you. as soon as you put a prduct up for sale, your corperate head is on the chopping block. Don't like it, don't create anything for the public eye.

In either case I have no seen one person ssy flat out "I never should have bought this game" But people ARE saying the lasting appeal of this game is somewhat nonexistant, or is becoming such. and they're reflecting on why that might be. it also so happens that many people who bought this product have played games also made by this company that are clearly form the same product line. I think it's fair to say that long time customers have a right to compare products and try to figure out why a previous product worked out so much better for them.

if you love this game to the point that you don't see any flaws, that's fine. But it's not fair to damn others for expressing their opinions in a public forum. No one in this thread has said "PSU and the people who play it suck" or "ZOMG U liek PSU D0 U Li3k mudk1p$?!111!!?BBQ" no one is insulting people who like PSU. hell eben the critics are a board that's pretty much dedicated to this game. why make enemies by telling them they're not entitled to their opinions?

This game is pretty, this game has a fun combat system. but otherwise it's weak sauce. some things are overly complicated while other things are overly simplified and the game to SOME seems a bit TOO non-linear. but lets suspend all MMO arguments, because I think we can all agree this is not a part of that genre, even if it has similarities. Synthing in the game does not work, classes are grotesquely imbalanced, the variety is almost non existant, drop rates are too low, hit detection is lousy, maps are too linear even if there ARE more areas to go to. S rank weapons are lackluster, no encouragement to advance, game presents little challenge to seasoned players...the list goes on.

Those are flaws, no way around it. they are flaws and they are major ones since the game is entirely based on replay value. if they fail to keep a player hooked, especially with such a small player base, the impact becomes much more grand scale. many players have quit because their friends have, or because they think the game is dying anyway so they don't want to bother sticking around. I came to ps2/pc network mode in late january and at the time uni2 was almost always full and several other servers had anywhere between 1 and 3 stars at any given time. now it's a shock to see even 3 stars on uni2. even on xbox, the playerbase is small. it's stable...but small.

That tends to indicate something might be kind of wrong with this game. and as consumers we all have a right to express that.

DikkyRay
Jun 24, 2007, 05:00 PM
Yes, you have a right to discuss it. Not bitch about it.
"Sega, there seems to be a problem with this game"
is different from
"OMG Sega fails at this. Jesus chrsit they can't even make this game good"

Mwabwetumba
Jun 24, 2007, 05:02 PM
PSU made it past my one-month-trial-period which all my archived games have gone through. I'm still playing it after a month, which means I'll play it for years to come unless something unexpected comes along.

-Break-
Jun 24, 2007, 05:02 PM
On 2007-06-24 15:00, DikkyRay wrote:

The 1st Amendment says otherwise http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
So let's not make this into a discussion as to what one has the right to say as a consumer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2007-06-24 15:05 ]</font>

XanGabriel
Jun 24, 2007, 05:40 PM
Great friends, and a lot of fun (especially reminiscing over the first days of PSU (yes, already XD)) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zer0_ConvoY
Jun 24, 2007, 10:33 PM
On 2007-06-24 15:02, -Break- wrote:

On 2007-06-24 15:00, DikkyRay wrote:

The 1st Amendment says otherwise http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
So let's not make this into a discussion as to what one has the right to say as a consumer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2007-06-24 15:05 ]</font>

good point, but the problem that many folks seem to forget is that with freedoms and powers come responsibilities, like respect and dignity(I know I know, its a message board, but I can hope) I mean if you like a game enough to play it or think about playing it again you should treat it and the developers of it with respect, otherwise, go join a PSU TEH SUX msg board, cause if you stay here you are just showing your ignorance and disrespect.

Niloklives
Jun 24, 2007, 10:46 PM
right..but as I said I haven't seen anyone in this thread just flat out attack the game. they've all been pretty civil and reasonable about it so that's hardly the problem. I only said as much as I did because there are a few people saying that taking issue with the game at all is stupid and unfair...which sounds like a preemptive strike from a nervous and dev with no self confidence. like he himself made this game and has to defend it...kinda odd, right?

Zer0_ConvoY
Jun 24, 2007, 11:20 PM
well yes, but dikky seems to be trying to say that people are jumping all over the bad parts of the game and not giving credit to the good parts, I mean it does sting when people bash something you enjoy and not mention that they do like it in spite of its flaws. We have to remember that there is a difference between critiquing and bashing and fan boying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer0_ConvoY on 2007-06-24 21:23 ]</font>

Zer0_ConvoY
Jun 24, 2007, 11:22 PM
I'm a rere

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer0_ConvoY on 2007-06-24 21:22 ]</font>

Niloklives
Jun 25, 2007, 12:16 AM
I know. and I'm saying everyone here (I think) still plays the game. so we ALL play the game dispite its flaws. but since we all play the game, there's hardly any sense in saying we enjoy playing the game...that would be like preachinb to the choir. So it's natural to see more people focusing on its bad points than the good...dikky may be looking at it from the perspective you brought up. but he's coming across as an overly defensive fanboy.

Cz
Jun 25, 2007, 01:56 AM
i am losing interest in PSU rather quickly. I find it is time wasting and not worth my time anymore. Gonna focus in college more. PC population is rather depressing. That is just me though...