PDA

View Full Version : I guess I just don't fit in here - bye

doubleEXP
Jun 22, 2007, 11:03 AM
Its weird, I totally thought I would 'fit in' with a site all about Phantasy Star, but apparently I don't.

I'm actually amazed how many people... you know what: I should just let it go.

Take it easy and good-bye.

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2007, 11:08 AM
Sorry to see ya' go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DurakkenX
Jun 22, 2007, 11:24 AM
who fits in? I don't... I'm staying... and I'm continuing to kick people in the balls!

VanHalen
Jun 22, 2007, 11:52 AM
It took me since Feburary to make friends with PSOW members. I joined in August.

sprky585
Jun 22, 2007, 11:56 AM
uh, if you're gonna leave just because people don't like you...good luck trying to find a career...but seriously i understand...it takes a while...we can be a...um..."hostile" crowd at times...but good luck in what ever you go do

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2007, 11:56 AM
I'm just kinda' here, whether you like it or not! ;o

DikkyRay
Jun 22, 2007, 12:46 PM
i dunno why you dont feel like you arent accepted, but whatever.
First off, dont troll, thats the biggest reason i see people get flamed. I know quite a few people who troll here and they are hated,
thats pretty much it really. But gl with w/e you are going to do

Sinue_v2
Jun 22, 2007, 02:42 PM
I totally thought I would 'fit in' with a site all about Phantasy Star, but apparently I don't.

The funny thing about message boards is that most of the people that you percieve to hate you, really don't care one way or another unless you go out of your way to really give people a reason to not like you. Usually what goes on in one thread, has no bearing on what's said in another. At least, that's how it is for me. I know a few people take this board and PSU in general a bit too seriously, or enjoy the drama of talking behind everyone's back - but really, it's all just "lol, internet".

Just remember that this is an internet gaming forum. If you don't fit in here, actually, it's probably a good thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Banish
Jun 22, 2007, 03:43 PM
Well, feel free to come back whenever.

EphekZ
Jun 22, 2007, 04:20 PM
my e-freinds dun liek me onoez

Jakosifer
Jun 22, 2007, 10:39 PM
Im not friends with anyone here but I still post from time to time. <_<

DurakkenX
Jun 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
I can name more people that probably hate me on these forums than most groups accumulate in years of existence...who cares... and more often than not the things people hate me for is trivial at best ^.^

By the way here's a banana!

Hrith
Jun 23, 2007, 08:29 AM
/wrist

Mewn
Jun 23, 2007, 08:33 AM
Being part of a clique is over-rated anyway, can't see why you feel the need to 'fit in.'

Mystil
Jun 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
LOOOL, the whole damn forum + the official sega boards don't like me AT ALL and I'm still here. Who cares if you're not liked or whatever. On the internet there is no friends, you are only associates. Seriously, it's way too easy to discard people online. Just post your thoughts on a topic you relate to and move on.

As for cliques, just a group of people who share similar styles of being assholes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

omegapirate2k
Jun 23, 2007, 11:38 AM
On 2007-06-22 21:08, DurakkenX wrote:
and more often than not the things people hate me for is trivial at best ^.^

Of course, trivial... like everything you say.

DurakkenX
Jun 23, 2007, 01:53 PM
Yup, everything I say is trivial, but then again that's the nature of life.

PJ
Jun 23, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-06-23 11:53, DurakkenX wrote:

/wrist?

L33t_M4st3r
Jun 23, 2007, 03:50 PM
Ahhh, just check out "Who the fuck is L33t_M4st3r?" on FKL. It happens to every one, and it just takes some time to get used to, no reason to quit, trust me. TRUST ME. You make some mistakes, being dumb, high on caffiene, among other things. Live it up. You will fill better in the morning.

VanHalen
Jun 23, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-06-23 13:50, L33t_M4st3r wrote:
Ahhh, just check out "Who the fuck is L33t_M4st3r?" on FKL. It happens to every one, and it just takes some time to get used to, no reason to quit, trust me. TRUST ME. You make some mistakes, being dumb, high on caffiene, among other things. Live it up. You will fill better in the morning.

They aren't trying to be mean in FKL when they said that. If they say something mean their only playing around. They'll be your friend right after.

Sord
Jun 24, 2007, 09:18 AM
On 2007-06-23 20:15, VanHalen wrote:

They aren't trying to be mean in FKL when they said that. If they say something mean their only playing around. They'll be your friend right after.

don't listen to Van, we FKLers are a race of brutal, vicious posters that will maul you for months with insults before we accept you into our crazy social order. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

in all seriousness though, your gonna hit ups and downs on any forum, and you'll hardly ever fit in at first no matter where you go. It's always gonna take a few weeks if not months to gain a favorable reputation on forum boards, but once you get there it's usually smooth sailing and people respect you most of the time, with of course the exceptional idiot here and there.

Ryno
Jun 24, 2007, 10:52 AM
On 2007-06-22 09:03, doubleEXP wrote:
Its weird, I totally thought I would 'fit in'

yeah it's hard... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

omegapirate2k
Jun 24, 2007, 12:11 PM
On 2007-06-23 11:53, DurakkenX wrote:

YES LIFE IS INCURABLE AGONY //_T

Powder Keg
Jun 24, 2007, 12:31 PM
The internet? Fit in?

Oh, brother...

DikkyRay
Jun 24, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-06-24 07:18, Sord wrote:

On 2007-06-23 20:15, VanHalen wrote:

don't listen to Van, we FKLers are a race of brutal, vicious posters that will maul you for months with insults before we accept you into our crazy social order. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

in all seriousness though, your gonna hit ups and downs on any forum, and you'll hardly ever fit in at first no matter where you go. It's always gonna take a few weeks if not months to gain a favorable reputation on forum boards, but once you get there it's usually smooth sailing and people respect you most of the time, with of course the exceptional idiot here and there.

And to make things funnier, I was the one who made that topic XD.
Just wanted to know who he was, wasnt trying to be mean.
Plus i thought it was tykwa trying to be funny

KiteWolfwood
Jun 24, 2007, 01:00 PM
Make friends with all these morons and bastards? Why would you want to do that?

DikkyRay
Jun 24, 2007, 01:44 PM
im hoping im a bastard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
But seriously, dont leave because like 4 people argued with you. I, in the past and present, have pissed many people off.
Yet i have much more actual friends on here. Dont let one thing go to your head

KiteWolfwood
Jun 24, 2007, 02:01 PM
Or you could just make a new account and start over!
1. Piss everyone off
2. Make new account
3. ????
4. Profit!

Thalui89
Jun 24, 2007, 06:03 PM
/stabs topic

doubleEXP
Jun 25, 2007, 12:26 PM
I wasn't going to come back to check this topic, but of course I couldn't resist.

I'm surprised, in a good way, by most of the responses. Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

I think I was just in a bad mood last week. Plus, the main thing that bugged me was ~ when I thought about it ~ mostly my fault.

I can be pretty judgmental even though I hate when people judge me. I guess that means I'm pretty hypocrtical. oh well ~ I'll work on that, I s'pose.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll chill out and give it another go.

Sord
Jun 25, 2007, 01:43 PM
that's good, though I still wouldn't recomend FKL until you get used to other forums here and how judgemental people can be. tip: if you can learn to deal with the idiots and flamers in rants, you can usually master dealing with people in the other forums.

DikkyRay
Jun 25, 2007, 02:04 PM
Its pretty simple really
1. Don't poat in rants, it will end up getting flamed like hell. You can post "My doggy died" And it will turn into a full-scale flame war. trust me, not cool. I lost alot of buddies there man...
2. When posting in PSU Gen, remember, for some odd reason 360 and PC/PS2 are rivals, a nd it WILL spark a huge flame war. You can post "I need help on PC/PS2" and some 360 person will go "LOL PC and their haxeta problems. Come to 360!"
Then a PC player will retailiate...etc
3. Also in PSU Gen, dont be an Ass. It will cause a flamewar
4. Actually, scratch that last one. You can be helping out and still ge flamed fr some odd reason
5. Scratch that last one as well, If you post in PSU Ge, theres about an 80% shot it will turn into a flame war. Actually more like 30% now, dont see too many locked topics.
6.Read the Damn Rules
7. Follow the Damn Rules
8. Don't break the damn rules.

With those 8 eay steps, you are well on your way to being liked!

BogusKun
Jun 27, 2007, 02:49 PM
I don't have any social connection on this site. That's why I'm here!!!
Come back my friend http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wyndham
Jun 27, 2007, 03:27 PM
I have left and returned about 3 times, maybe he can fit in if he tries harder.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oran1324 on 2007-06-27 13:27 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jun 27, 2007, 03:46 PM
If you have to "try" to fit in - then it's not worth bothering with in the first place. Unless you HAVE to conform to a certain social atmosphere - such as an office position at work, don't do it. Let people take for who you really are - and if they don't like you, then fuck them.

Thalui89
Jun 27, 2007, 06:20 PM
On 2007-06-27 13:46, Sinue_v2 wrote:
If you have to "try" to fit in - then it's not worth bothering with in the first place. Unless you HAVE to conform to a certain social atmosphere - such as an office position at work, don't do it. Let people take for who you really are - and if they don't like you, then fuck them.

Aye good advice there.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 27, 2007, 09:25 PM
I don't really fit in that well here in Miami, I know somewhat how you feel.

AlexCraig
Jun 27, 2007, 09:58 PM
I feel the same way here in Illinois. I want to get out!