PDA

View Full Version : Psu < Pso? $$$

jayster
Jun 22, 2007, 02:00 PM
Why is PSU less money then PSO??? Its ridiculous, the cheapest price I can find PSO for is 35$ on ebay, amazon.com is selling them for 55$ - 99$ while PSU is selling for about 25$. Any explanation?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-06-22 12:01 ]</font>

Alexh667
Jun 22, 2007, 02:02 PM
Because PSU is < PSO

VanHalen
Jun 22, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-06-22 12:02, Alexh667 wrote:
Because PSU is > PSO

Fixed

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
PSU is easier to find, period. That can have something to do with it. Plus, PSO was valued higher by the general population than PSU. In PSO's time the bar was set really low. PSU's a better game than PSO but the bar is set much higher now and PSU totally failed to make the jump.

jayster
Jun 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
I'm wondering about the price thogh, not about which game is better.

RedX
Jun 22, 2007, 02:05 PM
Because it's out of print.

chibiLegolas
Jun 22, 2007, 02:06 PM
On 2007-06-22 12:02, Alexh667 wrote:
Because PSU is < PSO

I agree with Alex there. But PSO really shouldn't still cost that much either. About 8 months ago, Best Buy was liquidating their stock and priced PSO at $9.99 for xbox and gamecube. I'm sure there's other places as well. You just gotta look harder for other stores who are still trying to get rid of a game that should be out of production by now.

ljk54167
Jun 22, 2007, 02:08 PM
Heh, supply and demand man. There are plenty of PSU copies floating around as they have been manufactured recently. Meanwhile PSO hasn't been produced in a few years and collectors have been trying to buy them up.

I feel your pain too. I've been trying to buy the Gamecube version of Episode 1+2 on eBay except people have been outbidding my 45$ bids. Damn them!

Zexmaix
Jun 22, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-06-22 12:05, RedX wrote:
Because it's out of print.

QFTW. Basically the primary reason why it is priced higher. It's all supply & demand. PSU is still being printed, whereas all of the PSO games have gone out of production for at least a couple of years now.

Video game prices are much like cars. Cars you drive them off the lot new and they lose a good 20-30% of their current value. Games you open the package it's pretty similar. Games like Halo or any main first-party title that is popular and massed production are like Neons, you see them everywhere and they're cheap. Games like Ogre Battle 64 and many other RPGs are like a Mercedes, high-quality and good game/car only put out in limited runs. Therefore cost more after they're out of production.

Rashiid
Jun 22, 2007, 03:31 PM
cause PS fans fear change.

Akaimizu
Jun 22, 2007, 03:36 PM
It's all about availability and demand. Out of Print stuff always starts to jump up in price, as long as it's in high demand.

It's actually kind of funny. Because high demand also requires good knowledge of the game's existence and a big enough fan following to drive the price up.

It's why Metal Slug 1 for the Saturn sells for above $100. Radiant Silvergun and Bomberman, sell for even higher on that same system.

But oddly, Dungeons and Dragons Arcade collection, which is even more rare and out of print (not to mention, the only system to ever get a port of those arcade games) actually doesn't sell for very high. Lack of knowledge of the title, or unfamiliarity with those games, is about the only reason why it doesn't sell for high, even though there were a very small collection of those that ever made print.

Rashiid
Jun 22, 2007, 03:59 PM
yeah Final Fantasy VII is like 80$ >.>

mainy cause its still voted the best RPG ever; but since they dont sell it anymore; very high

Dragwind
Jun 22, 2007, 04:11 PM
Exactly, this isn't a psu vs pso debate, it's just clearly stating that pso is harder to find these days, hence the value.

Mutt12
Jun 22, 2007, 07:08 PM
I'm thinking supply and demand. Specially since the Xbox and Gamecube versions have four-player splitscreen, which makes the game still worthwhile, even though the online servers went byebye.

Lonzell
Jun 22, 2007, 07:22 PM
STFU, Sega will hear you and raise the price. Why is it whenever a new glitch is found, or something about the pricing that works in the players favor, people have to question it? Seesh.

Deus-Irae
Jun 22, 2007, 07:28 PM
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-71-99-49-en-15-phantasy%2Bstar%2Bonline-43-99.html

PAL and JP copies for $9.90 (new PAL used JP).

35$ on ebay is insane though. im sure there are cheaper copies around, but you may have to be patient to get them.