PDA

View Full Version : So how many versions of PSU will we see?

pionear
Jun 22, 2007, 07:49 PM
Topic? Might be a repost, but how many versions of this game will we see? Didn't PSO had like what, 4 episodes/games (I only played the first one that was released on the Dreamcast)?

With AoI, that will be the second in the PSU series? Will we see two more like PSO?

Rashiid
Jun 22, 2007, 07:52 PM
probably more.

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 22, 2007, 07:54 PM
So far i heard we will see 3

Freshellent
Jun 22, 2007, 07:54 PM
inb4over9000

There's no way to know. We can only assume that if the game is successful than it'll continue to crank out new stuff. But really we haven't even scratched the surface of what IS available.

I'm guess that we'll see at least one more after AoI. I can't imagine the story ending there. It should if anything,get more dramatic and more in depth. With the last installment of PSO,I can only imagine something huge and grand is in store for the people that stick around or if ST is willing to put the time forward into it.

I'll say it's pretty likely,at least,that's what I'm hoping for.

Golto
Jun 22, 2007, 08:19 PM
Maybe 4 since there could be up to S5 equipment, adding a higher S rank each installment.

ShinMaruku
Jun 22, 2007, 08:21 PM
As much before they realize that ST is a shitty bunch of devs. And the money flow can no longer be extended on the premise.
The final version will have Judgment Renvolt,Photon Knight Ethan and Maiden Karen in a scene that goes like so:
Renvolt: Give into the seed side my son.
Karen: MONSTER! What have you done to him?!
Renvolt: If you would have left the women behind Humanity would have stay alive.
Ethan: I would rather die than forsake any of them.
Renvolt: BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's alright with me because I have all the gems!
Ray: Not so fast!
Renvolt: The spawn of the phoenix... inconcivable!
>_>
I'm brillaint!

Unis_Zero
Jun 23, 2007, 02:36 AM
I see AOI as being the last in the phantasy star universe series. Main reason for this is the fact that the ps2 is a dieing investment and this should be the last big year for the ps2, meaning that bigger titles like psu and god of war and other huge franchise has either already released its last version or is going to this holiday. I'm sure we will see a few more bigger titles next year , but those will be sleeper hits. Sega is a smart company(isnt that called an oxymoron?) in the fact that it just inst worth it in the long run to try and make another expansion for an ageing system nor would I see it doing something that is 360 or PC only. If we do see another phantasy star online type game I can say with some certianty it will be standalone from psu much the way that psu is with pso.

F-Gattaca
Jun 23, 2007, 02:49 AM
Actually, historically speaking ... PS2's death won't mean the death of PSU.

Phantasy Star Online was first released on what--the Sega Dreamcast? PSO still lives on as PSO:BB, and it had migrated to other consoles between then and now, PC included.

Allison_W
Jun 23, 2007, 03:16 AM
That, and didn't Sega have a five-year plan for PSU or something?