PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Some ideas for the expansion....

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 03:05 AM
These are some of my ideas for the expansion!!!
Let me know what you guys think, be as brutal as possible, I can take critisism!

I think you should be able to make a cutsom class in the expansion, even if there isn't much you could do with it. It would make every other character in te game unique, for example: get 10 weapons of your choosing, and 3 of which being S rank and the rest being A rank, I think this would make alot of people happy to be able to pick weapons they would want, and if you think about it, you would barely see any of the same customs, example; one could have
1. Axe
2. Rifle
3. Rod
4. Card/fan/blades (whatever people know them as)
5. Grenade launcher
6. Bow
7. Double saber
8. Claws
9. Shotgun
10. Twin guns

This is a just a view on how unigue one can be, the best of some of the classes, the exclusiveness of classes combined for your fiting could be a good thing, but of course like all things great it would have to come with a price, havn't quite thought about this part yet, but maybe pick a class strength (fortefighter for "atp", fortetecher for "tp" and "mst") etc... of course considering they are going to be new classes in the expansion but they couldfir into play also.

I myself being a protranser in the current Xbox 360 PSU servers; enjoy the mix up in weaponary, but majority of them i do not use, I find that in most peoples opinions, that they do not use most of the available weapos they actually can use, it is usually ust 3 maybe 4 weapons that make people be a specific class.

I really want to know everyones opinions on this, that is considering you had the patience to read this entire entry.

character: Noob Saibot
EU: 44658
Lv: 80
Race: cast
Sex: Male
Class: protranser

Midicronica
Jun 24, 2007, 03:06 AM
lol Ramarl

-Break-
Jun 24, 2007, 04:18 AM
Hope I don't sound like too much of a dick, I just prefer to be concise.

Reasons This Fails:

1. We can already change classes at will for less than a haircut.
2. The game needs a sense of balance.
3. This idea destroys class niches.
4. The expansion is already in beta testing.
5. Pants. That's right, pants.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2007-06-24 02:20 ]</font>

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 04:35 AM
reasons why yor opinions of the idea failing are flawed

1. Why wast the money everytime you want to use something different weapon if you could, choose.
2. True, the game does need balance; but this may in term help equalize everything.
3. As far as niches goes, being able to change a beast to a fortetecher or a Newmen to a fortefighter is the same exact comcept.
4. The expansion is in beta testin in JAPAN not in US, UK, etc..
5. Socks, thats right. i went there.

No hard feelings, like i said i welcome criticism

Tekershee
Jun 24, 2007, 04:37 AM
Where the beta testing is held is irrelevant surely. The game is made by a Japanese company and whatever they get, we'll get.

The expansion is most likely quite/mostly finished and adding something like this just does not seem feasible.

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 04:44 AM
Granted, but in all actuallity tweeking a few thigs here and there wouldn't take long nor would it be difficult; even if they couldn't get the whole file into the game; they could put the basic encoding so it is there but not yet available, but work it into the games as they do everything else.

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 09:33 AM
meh; expansion is done. PSU demo (beta) was exactally what we got; the demo/betas for this game is just a temporay taste of what we'll get.

we sure-as-hell aint gettin custom classes; wayy too overppowered; everyone will just get the strongest weapons.

as of now; its what you see is what we'll get. the JP beta is what we are gonna get (i hope we dont get a beta; just give us the expanision). no difference.

Traize
Jun 24, 2007, 09:56 AM
As nice as it would be to be able to outfit my character with Rifles, Lasers & Double Sabres, it would rather undermine the way the game is currently made to be played.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to effectively make your own job, but the classes exist to make partying a social, balanced thing where each person fills a role...

ThEoRy
Jun 24, 2007, 10:43 AM
you know you already can use every weapon/photon art in the game..
just not all at once.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sekani
Jun 24, 2007, 10:49 AM
On 2007-06-24 01:05, saibot44658 wrote:
be as brutal as possible, I can take critisism!

Your idea's bad and you should feel bad.

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 11:16 AM
Lol geez, thanks guys, i asked for burtal and i surely got it; well it was just a thought. I imagined more people would think it would atleast be decent lol ohwell. I guess not many people have any ideas,you all are just going by whay we are limited to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Golto
Jun 24, 2007, 11:21 AM
I like the idea of custom types, it has been brought up a few times in the past too here. I'd love to have srank twin handguns, machineguns, and rifles on the same type.

Lonzell
Jun 24, 2007, 11:24 AM
On 2007-06-24 02:35, saibot44658 wrote:
reasons why yor opinions of the idea failing are flawed

1. Why wast the money everytime you want to use something different weapon if you could, choose.
2. True, the game does need balance; but this may in term help equalize everything.
3. As far as niches goes, being able to change a beast to a fortetecher or a Newmen to a fortefighter is the same exact comcept.

Reasons why your opinions on his opinion of your idea is flawed.

1. Lazy
2. Equalizing would take the fun out of our personal achivements and feeling of competition to try and be the best.
3. lolbeastfortetecher, lol newmenfortefighter
4. Agreed
5. Thong. That's right... "I" Went there.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 24, 2007, 11:31 AM
I've thought about the concept before, but... I really wonder just how it'd work! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My idea was each weapon would have a certain number of "points," and you can have up to a certain number of points in the end, maybe 30.

Ex:
Rod-5 pts
Saber-1 pt
Twin Saber-3 pts
Axe-4 pts
Wand-4 pts
Cards-3 pts
Grenade-4 pts
etc. etc... but with lots of random amounts.
Any item that you'd want to make an S rank would double the item's current amount. Not many S ranks for you!

And for photon arts, you select anything up to a total of 80; however, you can only stop at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 for levels, like the current game.

That'd make things a little more balanced I guess. But yes, the overall concept... would probably make things unfair. :/

Almighty_Envy
Jun 24, 2007, 11:35 AM
That would be cool, but never happen.

Think about it. I want a S rank Rod with axes and grenades, a double saber. 30+techs,30+ Pas,lvl 0-Bullets

Unbalanced.

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
^ of coarse its unballeced; you have no bullets for you launcher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Almighty_Envy
Jun 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-06-24 09:40, Rashiid wrote:
^ of coarse its unballeced; you have no bullets for you launcher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Real men use non elemental bullets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lonzell
Jun 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
Yea, like Twin Maylee

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
but that is a 'Bullet'; so thats out of question; + it has an SE; so technically.....its a special non-elemental bullet =]

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 12:01 PM

1. Lazy
2. Equalizing would take the fun out of our personal achivements and feeling of competition to try and be the best.
4. Agreed

1. I honestly do not see in your mind it is lazy, it's a video game it isn't like you're moving in anyway regardless
2. This game is not a solo thing, it is not about who is better then the rest, This is a team based game, i myself am VERY suprised people havn't figured this out yet.
3. I have seen this mix, and even IF you havn't you missed th point, once more you failed to understand something.
4. Thamk you
5. Enough of that

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 12:11 PM
On 2007-06-24 09:31, PALRAPPYS wrote:
I've thought about the concept before, but... I really wonder just how it'd work! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My idea was each weapon would have a certain number of "points," and you can have up to a certain number of points in the end, maybe 30.

Ex:
Rod-5 pts
Saber-1 pt
Twin Saber-3 pts
Axe-4 pts
Wand-4 pts
Cards-3 pts
Grenade-4 pts
etc. etc... but with lots of random amounts.
Any item that you'd want to make an S rank would double the item's current amount. Not many S ranks for you!

And for photon arts, you select anything up to a total of 80; however, you can only stop at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 for levels, like the current game.

That'd make things a little more balanced I guess. But yes, the overall concept... would probably make things unfair. :/

See this is a person who actually thikns for themselves... Thinking of it and concaquences that would come with it, be a step ahead of yourself, I like the idea of point distribution, sounds nice i was actually thinking that but i was going to think more on it to see if anything else came to mind; or any specific way and how it would fall into play.
The weapon cost would most likely be less, the "supply and demand" would be considerably less, then it currently is..
------------------------------------------------------

This is not a message aimed at you "PALRAPPYS"

I am going to go ahead and through this out for all the people who are all about themselves and to arrogent to do anything else.
RUNNING MISIONS FOR MONEY TO BUY AN ITEM RATHER THAN TO FARM IT JUST TO BUY IT; HAS GOT TO BE THE STUPIIST THING HAVE EVER SEEN!! AND YOU ARE THE ONES WHO WHINE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRICES, but yet you empower it by NOT hunting the item and making money while FARMING THE ITEM!! THIS TO ME SOUNDS LAZY!!

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 12:26 PM
i farm money; not items. i dont complain about prices. cept really stupid ones (Halarod [B] - 10mil; LOL)

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 12:44 PM
Thank you for proving my point!! You farm money?? Lol, Don't complain, go farm...

Lonzell
Jun 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-06-24 10:01, saibot44658 wrote:

1. Lazy
4. Agreed

1. I honestly do not see in your mind it is lazy, it's a video game it isn't like you're moving in anyway regardless
2. This game is not a solo thing, it is not about who is better then the rest, This is a team based game, i myself am VERY suprised people havn't figured this out yet.
3. I have seen this mix, and even IF you havn't you missed th point, once more you failed to understand something.
4. Thamk you
5. Enough of that

1. I agree. We move around anyway. So you can move your buttocks to the colony to switch jobs again and pay for the switch with the cheap price. Wanting to make it any easier than it already is is uncessairy, hence lazy.
2. Team based, yes, but it has a player based economy. Any game with a economy IS infact about getting the best loot/equipment and out preforming others just as much as you are working along with them. Its like that in all MMORPGs. Where have you been for the past ten or so years?
3. lolthosemixes
4. You're welcome
5. There is never enough

KiteWolfwood
Jun 24, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-06-24 02:18, -Break- wrote:

Pants? Pants!? PANTS! These aren't pants! THESE ARE SHOOOOOOOOORTS!

Lonzell
Jun 24, 2007, 01:22 PM
On 2007-06-24 11:03, KiteWolfwood wrote:

On 2007-06-24 02:18, -Break- wrote:

Pants? Pants!? PANTS! These aren't pants! THESE ARE SHOOOOOOOOORTS!

Tonight we dine on your SHORTS!!!!

Almighty_Envy
Jun 24, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-06-24 09:54, Rashiid wrote:
but that is a 'Bullet'; so thats out of question; + it has an SE; so technically.....its a special non-elemental bullet =]

-.- Basic non elemental.

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-06-24 10:44, saibot44658 wrote:
Thank you for proving my point!! You farm money?? Lol, Don't complain, go farm...

i find sumtimes farming for certain things a waste for me.

the time it takes to find em; i can just get the money for it.

sumtimes not the case. id rather be rich thin just have 1 thing that i farmed

Sekani
Jun 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-06-24 10:11, saibot44658 wrote:
I am going to go ahead and through this out for all the people who are all about themselves and to arrogent to do anything else.
RUNNING MISIONS FOR MONEY TO BUY AN ITEM RATHER THAN TO FARM IT JUST TO BUY IT; HAS GOT TO BE THE STUPIIST THING HAVE EVER SEEN!! AND YOU ARE THE ONES WHO WHINE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRICES, but yet you empower it by NOT hunting the item and making money while FARMING THE ITEM!! THIS TO ME SOUNDS LAZY!!

The PSO forum is that way. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=1) Quit trying to turn PSU into Episode V.

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 02:07 PM
and not to mention; sum things are just not solo-able because of your type. FARMING MONEYZ FOR A BLACKBULL IS STUPID!!!

you go n solo that and try gettin ur own.

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 03:13 PM
YES, hince farm,not a hard concept, you are saying the same exact thing in different wording every time you try to contradict me.

Also for Sekani, you seem kind of dence http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Niered
Jun 24, 2007, 03:20 PM
Hey remember that game where everyone played as the generic human warrior that could deal good damage, use guns, and heal himself?

Yah, PSO in comparison to PSU required (outside of challenge mode obviously) virtually no cooperation as a party.

The class system is restrictive to make the game interesting. By doing this all youll end up with is a billion humars again. Every player, playing the exact same race, with virtually the same skills. By giving players a choice, your actually taking their original choices away. All anyone will want to do is optimize for efficiency, making everyone the same.

If PSU did this, heres EXACTLY how everyone would play:

Everyone would be a human for the average stats in everything. Then everyone would carry around the EXACT same 3 weapons:

Rifle for Burn/infect.
Axe for ATP.
Rod for Heals and buffs.

And this is why this plan fails.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2007-06-24 13:21 ]</font>

Lonzell
Jun 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
A billion HUMars? Don't you mean RAmars? Lol the rangers were the ones that were broken and eventually became the most powerful and famous choice class.

-Break-
Jun 24, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-06-24 02:35, saibot44658 wrote:

WAT!?!?!?!111
http://www.strangenewproducts.com/uploaded_images/boot-sock-jeans.jpg
Get in my pants bitch!!
Socks just got pwned!
Pants for teh win!

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
^ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

how the hell am i saying what ur saying? your saying 'go find it urself and not buy it.'

1) what if we dont have time?
2) as i said; as a fortetecher; i couldnt solo Dulk Fakis if i wanted a Blackbull.so what else is there to do? get money till sumone finds it.

Lonzell
Jun 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
Wtf? Those pants are getting owned by the socks n00b. The socks are obviously absorbing the pants.

-Break-
Jun 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-06-24 14:07, Lonzell wrote:
Wtf? Those pants are getting owned by the socks n00b. The socks are obviously absorbing the pants.

http://daddytypes.com/archive/monster_cranky_pants.jpg

Be quiet or I'll sic him on you.

Lonzell
Jun 24, 2007, 04:17 PM
Bitch, i'll sick http://www.enzoandpopo.com/enzo_and_popo_flash_animation_cartoons_images/table_05.gif after you.

-Break-
Jun 24, 2007, 04:20 PM
PShhh
Real evil monkeys wear pants not socks.
http://www.monkeydid.co.uk/EvilMonkey.gif

February
Jun 24, 2007, 04:36 PM
This thread delivers!

Lonzell
Jun 24, 2007, 04:42 PM
There is no way I hell I can counter that. Not only did you make me lol in my pants, but you single handiedly won yourself a free internet.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/56/Bizness.jpg

DurakkenX
Jun 24, 2007, 04:43 PM
been done before...
there would be abuses to it, like there would prolly also be a "add points past S-rank to get bonuses on it" thing... and people like me would choose 1 or 2 weapons and just boost them up. Also, with the pt system suggested you'd want something more like, C-rank = +1pt, B-tank = +2pt, A-rank = +3pt, S-rank = +4pt... so to get an S-rank weapon on a custom class would be 9pts and then there would be bonuses beyond that...We can also then assume that for something like this you'd want to make it so as you lvl it it gets better...so for a few levels you'd be restricted to C/B rank weapons most likely or you could set it up so that to get more points you have to go through some test or series of tests that you have to go through...

The other thing is stats...you could arrange them in order of what you want, or you could apply a pt system to it as well, but there is a balance issue where most melee classes have 60% on MST and/or TP which is a negative stat so you'd have to take that into consideration and the best way to do that would be assign an amount % you can go up to per lvl and then allow the person upon creation to alter a stat between a min/max %... The reason for a max is cuz someone could unbalance it and make ATP, STA, etc 0% and just boost DFP, TP/MST, and HP to max and just obliterate the game ^.^

Lonzell
Jun 24, 2007, 04:47 PM
Hey we can become broken all over again like when we had Mags back in PSO! It'll be great!

-Break-
Jun 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.missoulian.com/specials/salute/posters/posters-print/VictorySign.gif

Well fought sir, well fought. I guess we can call this truce, but we both know the never-ending war between pants and socks will, well, never end.

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 08:03 PM
On 2007-06-24 13:20, Niered wrote:
Hey remember that game where everyone played as the generic human warrior that could deal good damage, use guns, and heal himself?

Yah, PSO in comparison to PSU required (outside of challenge mode obviously) virtually no cooperation as a party.

The class system is restrictive to make the game interesting. By doing this all youll end up with is a billion humars again. Every player, playing the exact same race, with virtually the same skills. By giving players a choice, your actually taking their original choices away. All anyone will want to do is optimize for efficiency, making everyone the same.

Everyone would be a human for the average stats in everything. Then everyone would carry around the EXACT same 3 weapons:

Rifle for Burn/infect.
Axe for ATP.
Rod for Heals and buffs.

Your view on the matter is what some people may do, but i know that alot people do NOT like rifles ALOt of peple do NOT like axes,a and rods; not so much. I honestly do Not understand how you can say people would choose the same thing, EVRYONE has different likes and dislikes but if you that is what you think.

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 08:10 PM
this thread is just wow.....what the topic again? mags?

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-06-24 14:07, Rashiid wrote:
^ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

how the hell am i saying what ur saying? your saying 'go find it urself and not buy it.'

1) what if we dont have time?
2) as i said; as a fortetecher; i couldnt solo Dulk Fakis if i wanted a Blackbull.so what else is there to do? get money till sumone finds it.

You misreed my friend, I said YOU are saying he same thing, everytime, same concept; dofferent wording.

If you don't have time to farm then how do you have time to run missions to get money to buy the item?
you could solo it as anything, get to the boss door and guess what this is the hard part, one of wo options, bring scapes into the mission, drop them so they re not wasted; come back for them
Option two: get to the boss door, walk out of the mission, go buy scapes, either way it isn't hard nor is it to hard o the pocket.

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 08:15 PM
lol go out and buy scapes; and its not hard on the pocket. lol.

easy meseta/MP missions dont require allot of time (Crimson Beast; FireBreak A)

but stuff like Fakis and Goliath; those bosses are nexx to impossible to solo on S.

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 08:20 PM
On 2007-06-24 14:43, DurakkenX wrote:
been done before...
there would be abuses to it, like there would prolly also be a "add points past S-rank to get bonuses on it" thing... and people like me would choose 1 or 2 weapons and just boost them up. Also, with the pt system suggested you'd want something more like, C-rank = +1pt, B-tank = +2pt, A-rank = +3pt, S-rank = +4pt... so to get an S-rank weapon on a custom class would be 9pts and then there would be bonuses beyond that...We can also then assume that for something like this you'd want to make it so as you lvl it it gets better...so for a few levels you'd be restricted to C/B rank weapons most likely or you could set it up so that to get more points you have to go through some test or series of tests that you have to go through...

The other thing is stats...you could arrange them in order of what you want, or you could apply a pt system to it as well, but there is a balance issue where most melee classes have 60% on MST and/or TP which is a negative stat so you'd have to take that into consideration and the best way to do that would be assign an amount % you can go up to per lvl and then allow the person upon creation to alter a stat between a min/max %... The reason for a max is cuz someone could unbalance it and make ATP, STA, etc 0% and just boost DFP, TP/MST, and HP to max and just obliterate the game ^.^

You sir, know your shit I salute to you, someone actally made sence on why this would be yes a good idea; but make it to simple, I am honetly glad to see someone else has some wits, even if all of this is true some things can be tweeked a bit, being a class of such degree, would without doubt have penalties like crazy, which would make people not want it.
You are the ONLY person so far that has made perfect sence on the criticism of this. Well played http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

saibot44658
Jun 24, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-06-24 18:15, Rashiid wrote:
lol go out and buy scapes; and its not hard on the pocket. lol.

easy meseta/MP missions dont require allot of time (Crimson Beast; FireBreak A)

but stuff like Fakis and Goliath; those bosses are nexx to impossible to solo on S.

If that is how you want to look at it go for it..
I solo dulk fakis on S, i am a cast protranser 80; if i can do it alone im sure a forteguner or fortecer wouldn't have that mch trouble, oh and just so you know i have a fortetecher at lv 55 i know it isnt high enough to solo those kinds of missions, but i can do any mission on parum with here by myself, and i would have a harder time doing on my cast pro, i can heal myself with my techer less funds spent also

Niered
Jun 24, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-06-24 18:03, saibot44658 wrote:

Rifle for Burn/infect.
Axe for ATP.
Rod for Heals and buffs.

Your view on the matter is what some people may do, but i know that alot people do NOT like rifles ALOt of peple do NOT like axes,a and rods; not so much. I honestly do Not understand how you can say people would choose the same thing, EVRYONE has different likes and dislikes but if you that is what you think.

Yah, there are those people...

And then there is the ever-looming monstrous amount of people more interested in stats than fun. These people outnumber the funlovers 5 to 1 at least. This is why you have low level protransers, cast fortetechers, and Newm Fortefighters getting kicked out of parties, simply put, noone cares about what you think, all they want is "t3h 1337 dr0pz". And the fastest way to do that is to make EVERYONE as EFFICIENT as possible. So just ditch anything that isnt the best at what it does (I.E. Axes=Damage, Rifles=SE, and Rods=Techs) and you dont even have to WORRY about partying, cuz you can just solo that shyt through and through.

Now all you would need is a Tsumikiri J sword, a Guld Mylla, some Psycho Wands, and a freakin' Black King Bar to make this the lamest kill-fest ever.

Hell, while were at it, lets stick some hacked Sato Mags in there for laughs too? Yah, that way I can kill Dulk Fakis in 1, maybe 2 hits.

Oh yah, I forgot, I also want my beast to get his uber nano-transformation and turn black. That way he can DUAL WIELD MY AXES. Yah, that sounds fun.

Sounds fun to a 12 year old.

McLaughlin
Jun 24, 2007, 08:53 PM
You posted that Customs would be good because no one's would look the same. I disagree. With the exception of one or two options, everyone (notice how that's bolded?) would choose:

Double Sabers
Rods/Wands (I doubt people would take both)
Rifle
Axe
Bow (durr)
Crossbow
Twin Handguns
Grenade Launcher/Laser Cannon (again, I doubt anyone would take both)
Mechgun/Handgun/Cards (note above)

By the way, an opinion cannot be flawed. The facts they're based on may be, but someone's standing on any given subject cannot be wrong because they aren't stating it as a fact. They don't agree with you, deal with it.

And if you know a lot of people who hate those weapons, what options do you think they have left? They're going to look identical in either case.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-06-24 18:55 ]</font>

Niloklives
Jun 24, 2007, 09:05 PM
You know...you said you could take criticism....you're not...you're lashing out at those who say "this is a bad idea, and here's why" and getting off on anyone who says "here's how to improve the idea, but all in all it's potentially pure win" brtual on honest criticism...if you were taking it...you'd acknowledge their insight and their thoughts and if you still disagreed, tell them what you've thought of to offet the idea's shortcomings. as of now all you're doing is arguing. if there were custom classes such as this, the other classes would be dead. flat out dead. who would use presets when you have an omniclass you can retune again and again and again? not a problem? maybe to some, but the constraints currently provided give a sense of variety that the custom class would not. the game's balance would be entirely off kilter, and while not EVERYONE would minmax their classes, most would. most would A/S rank Riffle, B rank wand, A/S rank Xbow and take one or two choice melee weapons. or something VERY close to that setup. the ones that didn't would get laughed at and there would be a new mutant form of elitists that no one needs.

Rares would become even more meaningless except for a chosen few, since most rares weren't even on everyone's standard palette. This kind of thing might work if the game were not action oriented. but since we freely control character movement and actions, omniclassing becomes entirely too overpowered. The game would dry up very quickly.

And...this point was made before and either side is rather moot since it's not happening either way, but it kinda bugs me that there are people that actually even trid to argue that the demo having not reached every region meant that this very ambitious, but overly shortsighted idea actually had a chance in hell of being implimented. Whatever is released in japan is what's getting released here. if we see a demo in the states it will be after the game is fully released in japan st which point it will be an ad, not a item open to critical consumer feedback. Stop arguing that point, because it's rediculous.

and this argument you're having with rashild over what he does in his spare time just further takes away from your campaign. the fact that you're arguing what classes do better soloing seems to be an unadressed issue you have with the game's mechanics. as PT, in a solo envirnment you've got enough HP to survive just about anything. that's one of the reasons you do well in the hive. but aside from that your weapon choice is prime for that location, where as other classes in a solo environment it might feel inhibitive. that's not a flaw with the game, it's a flaw with soloing. trying to reconfigure the game so everyone can easily solo anything or so you can be a techer with an axe is just boring.

This idea fails because by giving too many options, we lose variety and intrigue. get over it.

DurakkenX
Jun 24, 2007, 11:39 PM
now... since you've already saluted me... let's get on to something else such as...

#1 this has been discussed in large detail several times, to restate it as if it is an original idea is just asinine

#2 Just because someone knows how an idea works and how it could work does not mean that it would nor that that person would ever support it. I think this idea is incredibly bad, even though I'd find it fun and useful for my purposes I'd not support it for the general user because as others said people are sheep and end up using the same thing for the most part.

#3 I find you disrepectful. closed minded, and obtuse in general. Your statements overall are littered with statements that are simply wrong and while yes your opinion can not be wrong it does not mean that it is valuable or should be listened to... a 2 year old can have an opinion, it does not mean that the 2yr old should be listened to.

saibot44658
Jun 25, 2007, 12:21 AM
Cirticism is one thing, it's easily handled; read back through nearly all posts here there are not critsicm they are are insults, it doesn't bother me either way, i may argue but just to see if anyone gets the point across which noone obviously did, "DurakkenX" you see me and disrescpectful and closeminded, read previous posts, hell read your on post, as far as close minded, if this is the case every person who would not even want to give it a try; would that not be considered close minded?? I don't understand your logics, it really baffles me. Well the idea is obviously shuned by majority of our "econamy" if it can be called that. Thank you all and have a nice day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Niloklives
Jun 25, 2007, 12:49 AM
community is the word you're looking for.

it's not close minded if as durakken said it's been discussed several times and to great length. close minded whould be to ignore your thread completely or not offer any very clear reasons as to why it's a bad idea. as far as insults, no one said anything bad about you in regards to your suggestion, they only said the idea was bad and many explained to the best of their ability as to why that is.

you on the other hand have not given the others that same courtesy. you simply argue because you want people to see it your way. but the reason many people dislike the idea is because they know that with the way this game is designed, what you're talking about is completely wiping out class structure. that would be detrimental to this game. that's not to say your idea might not work or even be really good if the game were completely overhauled. in fact were this a different game entirely, your idea might be fun. but when applied to an action rpg that is supposed to be entirely based on teamwork and diversity, your proposal ruins the very concept of the game. I mean that seems pretty close minded to me....talking about not just retuning the game...but a complete overhaul to suit your needs is basically saying this game would be better if it was a different game.

Not only that, but rather than discussing all this, you're simply defending yourself which destroys any field you might have had for discussion. I poated a thread earlier about changing the synth system. it didn't get much attention, and half the feedback was "I think I saw this in another game" but the rest was positive and when someone had ideas contrary to mine I offered a fix if I could or laughed and said I hadn't looked at it that way before. didn't change my ideas for the most part and it was actually pretty well received, but we talked about it. and if that's truely what you want to do, don't defend the idea and be comforable with the fact that many people may flat out hate it.

and with that:
...90% of the time someone calls someone else close minded, it's because they're trying to manipulate someone into agreeing with them. But then again 50% of all statistics are made up. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-06-24 22:53 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 25, 2007, 01:24 AM
On 2007-06-24 18:44, Niered wrote:

On 2007-06-24 18:03, saibot44658 wrote:

Rifle for Burn/infect.
Axe for ATP.
Rod for Heals and buffs.

Yah, there are those people...

And then there is the ever-looming monstrous amount of people more interested in stats than fun. These people outnumber the funlovers 5 to 1 at least. This is why you have low level protransers, cast fortetechers, and Newm Fortefighters getting kicked out of parties, simply put, noone cares about what you think, all they want is "t3h 1337 dr0pz". And the fastest way to do that is to make EVERYONE as EFFICIENT as possible. So just ditch anything that isnt the best at what it does (I.E. Axes=Damage, Rifles=SE, and Rods=Techs) and you dont even have to WORRY about partying, cuz you can just solo that shyt through and through.

Now all you would need is a Tsumikiri J sword, a Guld Mylla, some Psycho Wands, and a freakin' Black King Bar to make this the lamest kill-fest ever.

Hell, while were at it, lets stick some hacked Sato Mags in there for laughs too? Yah, that way I can kill Dulk Fakis in 1, maybe 2 hits.

Oh yah, I forgot, I also want my beast to get his uber nano-transformation and turn black. That way he can DUAL WIELD MY AXES. Yah, that sounds fun.

Sounds fun to a 12 year old.

This is why I think the TC's idea would actually work, but only if the devs put a lot of thought into building the game around this concept. They would need to do a LOT of balancing to make many weapons near identical in performance (mainly damage per second) while making them different in the way they are played. Well okay, this sort of balancing kinda needs to be done nayway, but ther'ed have to be more to it than that. Like, that level of customization needs limitations elsewhere, such as allowing fewer weapons int he palette, disallowing you to change your palette mid-mission, perhaps even disallowing you to return to the shop mid-mission to restock.

But if they used the TC's idea and simply left everythign else untouched, it would be made of fail. Altough, Niered's notion of everyone using the same weapons is already happening even without the TC's idea. How many fortegunners have you seen actually not bother with rifles? Besides me?

-Break-
Jun 25, 2007, 02:07 AM
On 2007-06-24 18:11, saibot44658 wrote:
You misreed my friend,

And you 'mistype', which is one reason people are not respecting you or any points you're trying to make. If you want people to intelligently consider your idea, you have to present it intelligently.

Niloklives
Jun 25, 2007, 02:12 AM
^He needs to discuss rather than argue

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 02:18 AM
Mistyping is when you type something you don't intend to type...He is misspelling which is when one doesn't know they are typing something that is misspelled. Considering he's 18 or 19 that's pretty sad that he has yet to make a post without a misspelled word.

-Break-
Jun 25, 2007, 02:20 AM
On 2007-06-25 00:18, DurakkenX wrote:
Mistyping is when you type something you don't intend to type...

Yes, but that definition is vague and can easily be applied to individual letters and thus lend itself to the same use as the verb 'misspell'. Technically http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2007-06-25 00:21 ]</font>

Niered
Jun 25, 2007, 02:30 AM
[b]On 2007-06-24 23:24, Jife_Jifremok
This is why I think the TC's idea would actually work, but only if the devs put a lot of thought into building the game around this concept. They would need to do a LOT of balancing to make many weapons near identical in performance (mainly damage per second) while making them different in the way they are played. Well okay, this sort of balancing kinda needs to be done nayway, but ther'ed have to be more to it than that. Like, that level of customization needs limitations elsewhere, such as allowing fewer weapons int he palette, disallowing you to change your palette mid-mission, perhaps even disallowing you to return to the shop mid-mission to restock.

But if they used the TC's idea and simply left everythign else untouched, it would be made of fail. Altough, Niered's notion of everyone using the same weapons is already happening even without the TC's idea. How many fortegunners have you seen actually not bother with rifles? Besides me?

You make a good point jife, but still, as things are, I dont have any problems with the class systems in this game. I am given ample reason to pull out my dualies, my crossbow, or my shotgun at any time. knowing when to use what weapons is what makes this game interesting, by giving us free reign to choose what want to use, you would no longer point blank with a shotgun, youd simply pull out an axe and do more damage.

If this was another game, PERHAPS this would work, but I still doubt it. Think about it, when you make a custom class in Oblivion there are just certain skills you DO and DO NOT put on your character. Why? Because no matter how much balancing you do, in the end, people will still find that tiiiiiinnny little percent of difference that makes them better.

Niloklives
Jun 25, 2007, 02:34 AM
hey now I said the idea woould work if they rebuilt the game...lol where's my "Nilok's got a point"? GAH! The burden of writing long thought out replies no one wants to read rears its ugly head yet again ;_;

Korokodo13
Jun 25, 2007, 09:44 AM
If we had the abilities to make our own classes all you would EVER see as peoples weps are Grenade L., Axe, spear, Bow, Double saber, Mechgun, wand, and Rods... Thats pretty much everyones palette or close.... If everyone got all those weapons I would seriously feel bad for all the monsters in the game...

saibot44658
Jun 25, 2007, 11:47 AM
Have you people ever herd of a little thing called a "typo" it's pretty comon, look the discussion is over and now you are trying to cut someone down for a typo? Also near the beggining i was debating not arguing, untill people started to insult rather than to be a critic about the idea like what was asked. Trying to make fun of someone for a typo is what is sad i am sure you don't type perfect everytime you go to type something, ecspecially when it is 2 and 3 in the morning and ou got off from work and tired.

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 02:20 PM
econamy is a typo? you must have some pretty fucked up hands then...as a is a long way from o.

I would be one of the people that wouldn't have those weapons, especially in AoI. Madoog, saber, doublesaber, twin saber, twin hand guns, and whip for me ^.^

omegapirate2k
Jun 25, 2007, 11:17 PM
On 2007-06-24 01:06, Shadow_Moses wrote:
lol Ramarl

ThEoRy
Jun 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
Wow! This thread was entertaining on so many levels. I don't know where to begin.
So I'll just show a clip that represents this thread perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyN5xg6OCQs

Enjoy!

Niloklives
Jun 28, 2007, 12:33 PM
o.O

Rashiid
Jun 28, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-06-25 09:47, saibot44658 wrote:
Have you people ever heard of a little thing called a "typo?" it's pretty common, look the discussion is over and now you are trying to cut someone down for a typo? Also near the begginning i was debating not arguing, untill people started to insult rather than to be a critic about the idea like what was asked. Trying to make fun of someone for a typo is what is sad i am sure you don't type perfect everytime you go to type something, ecspecially when it is 2 andor 3 in the morning and you got off from work and are tired.

hes RIGHT!!

*bold are inserted letters/words you forgot
**srikeouts are letter/words that had no place

ThEoRy
Jun 28, 2007, 01:11 PM
On 2007-06-28 10:42, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-06-25 09:47, saibot44658 wrote:
Have you people ever heard of a little thing called a "typo?" It's pretty common. Look the discussion is over and now you are trying to cut someone down for a typo? Also, near the begginning I was debating, not arguing. Until people started to insult rather than to be a critic about the idea like what was asked. Trying to make fun of someone for a typo is what is sad. I am sure you don't type perfectly every time you type something. Especially when it is 2 andor 3 in the morning and you got off from work and are tired.

hes RIGHT!!

*bold are inserted letters/words you forgot
**strikeouts are letter/words that had no place

Fixed again.
Proper use of the comma, the period, including the correct spacing and capitalization bug me just as much as unnecessary or misspelled words including typos Rashiid... srikeouts? lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Jun 28, 2007, 01:18 PM
LoL hellz jeah!!

LS_Aksion
Jun 28, 2007, 07:43 PM
Perhaps having 5 diffrent versions of the same Weapon, that would be 'Diffrent' insted of the same looking weapon huh? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Woulden't be sway to Engrave your weapons/armors Ect. & give em to friends? be like, "Farewell have my weapons to remember me by" then it says "Booger"!? XDD

Need "Mail Boxes" badly!