PDA

View Full Version : A Few Pure PM Questions/Suggestions

Powder Keg
Jun 24, 2007, 12:22 PM
I've never bothered to actually make a PURE PM for anything, really due to being lazy. I'm thinking about doing it just to get it done.

My main question is, if I were to make a Pure Tech and Pure Strike PM, which character should I make it on which if I plan on taking them to battle also? Would it be smarter to take the tech PM with my Fortefighter? Or with my Fortetecher/Wartecher instead? I don't know if any of hte tech PMs are good at healing/buffs so I'd like to know from your experiences.

And I'm sure this has been asked a thousands times, but what's the cheapest way to make both pure PMs? I'm sure you can just synth junk weapons for the strike PM to stop the Tech from going up..but not sure about the Tech PM feeding.

Eliash
Jun 24, 2007, 12:38 PM
I first started out with a Striking PM on my main (Fighgunner), she's pretty good all around but with the changes to the death penalty I'm going to remake a Tech PM.

As for feeding, Striking PM's are pretty easy. Buy 1-3* weapons for under 350 meseta per star and you can just feed your PM those, supplement it with the highest/cheapest food you can get (I.E. Fruit Juice, Groovy Juice, Kotolva Noodles) and just feed weapons when your Tech is reaching the next level.

Tech PM's are a bit harder, I haven't raised one yet but I'm planning on doing the following. Shop around for 1-3* Wands and Rods for under 350 meseta per star. Feed dimates when striking isn't near the next level, and use Technique disks when possible. Foie and Diga are good for meseta, but Reverser is good for speed building. If you have a lot of money you can just buy technique's like Zalure and feed it to the pm (21 levels or so a day IIRC).

You are on the PC/PS2 servers though, it may be hard/impossible to find low end weapons for sale. If you want there's a mission that drops sabers at the entrance (story mode) that you can do if you really want cheap prices, or you can just recreate characters to get the starting weapons.

DikkyRay
Jun 24, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-06-24 10:38, Eliash wrote:

You are on the PC/PS2 servers though, it may be hard/impossible to find low end weapons for sale. If you want there's a mission that drops sabers at the entrance (story mode) that you can do if you really want cheap prices, or you can just recreate characters to get the starting weapons.

Yea, hard to find low end weapons. 9* weps for 50k OH THE HUMANITY!
Artea- pure ms are great for synthing. I wouldnt take em into battle though, friends are much much better

Powder Keg
Jun 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
I usually only take them into battle on lower ranked missions just to make getting through them quicker.

But what do you think I should do....bring the Tech PM with my Fortefighter or with my Fortetecher? Do they heal/buff well?

DikkyRay
Jun 24, 2007, 12:46 PM
Hmmm.
I dont know if the 453 and 454 are out yet but from what i know
450 heals ALOT. Does......fire attacks?
451 does ice attacks and heals ALOT
452 does uh...that one buff that protects against magic and physical attacks.
I have a 451 on my low lvl force. IT WORKS WONDERS.
I never need to resta. I can attack attack and attack some mor ewhile my pm heals. Sometimes, i wish it DIDNT heal so much so it could attack!

EDIT: If your force is low level, i suggest a 410 (if thats the maid) You need a front lines while you can heal and attack and not get owned yourself.
Hunters can really use them well. You dont need to worry about dying on the front line because you have someone healing you. Only downside is that you are screwed when it comes to synthing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-06-24 10:47 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Jun 24, 2007, 12:54 PM
Hmm...thanks for the info.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to bring the Tech PM with my fighter, so he can be healed/buffed often. Synthing items is just a matter of using the common box to transfer them anyway. I won't be synthing as many Force weapons most likely anyway.

And with my FT, using the 410/411/412 is fun because you can use them as a meat shield and just make sure they're healed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-06-24 10:55 ]</font>

Ayami
Jun 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
I usually throw Pure PMs on mule characters. Pure PMs tend to be less useful in parties, and/or look ugly. Save the 450, which is good for a fighter-type in solo. But, relying on it would be a bad idea, remember it's just AI, and not smart AI at that.

I prefer impure PMs on my mian character for the shear "cool-looking" factor it has (420 :3). But, that's just me.

Astarin
Jun 24, 2007, 02:15 PM
Tech PMs can be handy on anyone, really. They heal, they cast offensive technics... I have the GH-451 on my Fortetecher. I find that she does not heal anywhere near as often as DikkyRay says, but she does use Barta, Rabarta and Gibarta to deal good damage on the many fire-element enemies out there.

On the other hand, I don't recommend a strike PM on any Fortetecher. While you'd think that it'd be helpful to have a little meat shield, you have to account for the odd AI. PMs generally don't attack anything unless you get right up close to it. Thus, if you like to stand a safe distance away to hurl technics, your strike PM will stand idle at your side. Tech PMs don't seem to require getting quite so close... and while I haven't finished raising mine yet, a Range PM might also be ideal for a Fortetecher.

landman
Jun 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
410 on force because you can heal her
450 on hunter because she heals you, but any PM at a high combat lvl heals you a lot (included a 410)

DikkyRay
Jun 24, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-06-24 12:15, Astarin wrote:
Tech PMs can be handy on anyone, really. They heal, they cast offensive technics... I have the GH-451 on my Fortetecher. I find that she does not heal anywhere near as often as DikkyRay says,

Well...my tech PM is on like, a lvl 15 force. If i take damage, or my pm takes a bit of damage, she heals. And heals. And heals....

pokefiend
Jun 24, 2007, 03:55 PM
right now, to save money, I'm trading in 40 ban-photons for jellens to feed to my pm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif