PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Item: Throwing Blades (cards)

HaydenX
Jun 24, 2007, 03:28 PM
I'm just now a wartecher and I'm wondering if throwing blades are worth spending money on.

I am currently wearing Ageha-senba (Dark 18%)
I know that Ageha-Kikami forms a set with it, but when i tried to ask this question on other boards no one would answer me.

How well do throwing blades work?

Realmz
Jun 24, 2007, 03:34 PM
homing massive ele% (for a ranged weapon) fire and forget weapon? i wish i had one (ecept that they look stupid..)

Kyli
Jun 24, 2007, 03:36 PM
I've found them to be mostly a situational weapon. They're really good once you get them to 21+, and they do level fairly quick. The main drawback is that the SE only goes up to 2 if I remember correctly, and the way you attack with them is a little awkward. They are AWESOME against flying baddies though since they home-in on them. The ice cards are also quite good against Jarba since you can actually move while firing unlike with a bow, and if you have them at 30, you'll be doing about 600 damage total per attack if they all connect.

EspioKaos
Jun 24, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-06-24 13:28, HaydenX wrote:
I'm just now a wartecher and I'm wondering if throwing blades are worth spending money on.

I know that Ageha-Kikami forms a set with it, but when i tried to ask this question on other boards no one would answer me.

I think they're great weapons. If you plan on using them as a Wartecher, however, keep in mind that your blades will never reach the second tier since they will only level to lv.10; in this iteration of the game, at least. Once Ambition of the Illuminus is released, I believe you'll be able to level them to lv.20 or so. What this means is that the number of blades you throw will not exceed two and the range of these blades will not increase. Still, even in the first tier, I found cards very fun to use.

Kimil
Jun 24, 2007, 03:46 PM
They work great right now, and will only get better in AoI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rashiid
Jun 24, 2007, 04:01 PM
GRM ones are tasty =]

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 24, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-06-24 13:28, HaydenX wrote:

Throwing blades are worth spending money on and work quite well.

When holding a wand, the only left hand weapons a wartecher can equip are cards and handguns. Of the two, cards are most useful to wartechers if you can meet the ATA requirements. Against flying targets, the homing ability is safer then scope aiming and won't get in the way of wand casting.

The Ageha set bonus is very good, but not as useful to a wartecher. The level 10 bullet arts cap, means the cards most likely won't be your main source of damage. With a wartecher's high DFP, stronger lineshield are equipable. Although high element %s are better than stats on linesheilds.

My advice is to focus your money on melee or tech weapons first, then buy any good lineshield. The cards will help when needed and are almost always better than handguns. If you have lag or money problems, you might also consider not caring a left hand weapon at all.

My alt, Zelas Metalium, is also selling lots of Ageha-senbas, Dark 10%-20% for 2-7k. Zoamel Gustav is selling an Ageha-senba light 20% for 8k. There might also be some relevent data from this old topic as well: How effective is the Ageha-Kikami Weapon/armor set? (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=140203&forum=22)

HaydenX
Jun 24, 2007, 08:38 PM
Thank you very much for the quick replies and all.

Based upon the replies and the linked topic, I am very interested esp. in ageha-kikami. One more thing I wonder, however, is if the percentage bonus applies to additional stats added with grinding.

If I were to grind Ageha-Kikami, would the percentage only apply to the original stats, or to the grind?
Also, does a set bonus get a further bonus if the element's match (my ageha-senba is at 18% dark)?

Thank you.

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
On 2007-06-24 18:38, HaydenX wrote:
One more thing I wonder, however, is if the percentage bonus applies to additional stats added with grinding.

If I were to grind Ageha-Kikami, would the percentage only apply to the original stats, or to the grind?
Also, does a set bonus get a further bonus if the element's match (my ageha-senba is at 18% dark)?

Thank you.

The original stats are Base stats (item with no bonuses). The field stats are total stats (with type stats, units, buffs, etc). Grinding does not change the base stats, only total stats. Set bonuses are based on the item's base stats, not total stats. Element percentage bonus is based on total stats, not base stats.

This means the Ageha set bonus will always be +64 ATA, +56 ATP and +18DFP but elemental percentages boost everything. Other stat boosts add or subtract flat numbers, but elements are percents based on the totals. My 50% fire 2* perpaline with no units works almost three times better against high fire damage compared to my 18% light 8* Rabol Rappy with tero/guard and sta/mind.

MayLee
Jun 25, 2007, 11:03 AM
I think Kikamis are pretty good once they reach 21, I use then mostly for status effects. I'd say try at least one out.

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
Even though Wartechers only get level 10 bullets, I still find throwing blades very useful. I use ice to freeze up monsters and to destroy Tengohs and the like, Lightning to make creatures like Ollakas useless, and earth to silence Olgos and a couple other casters. The SE's are level 2.

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 25, 2007, 11:08 AM
They work awesome for getting things out of the air and you can deal some massive damage if you place your shots well because it can hit up to 3 people, They are defiantly worth buying and using them with a cane or etc.

HaydenX
Jun 25, 2007, 11:21 AM
Thank you again.

Based upon this information, I will be using throwing blades (when my ATA is high enough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

I'll probably buy the light element first because confusing large numbers of enemies sounds like fun, also I really like Dark Satellite and related missions at this point.

My biggest problem now, is that I only have 10K.

Stefanhizzle
Jun 25, 2007, 11:24 AM
2 words

HELL YES!!

THey do loads of damage!!
you may only see one number, but remember thats per card, so if u have 2 its doubled 3 tripled, etc

I just sold my Ageha-Kikami 2 grinds for 200k becuz i just switched to Fortefighter..

Yeah they are worth it!

Kent
Jun 25, 2007, 03:00 PM
I'd really have to say to use Cards instead of Handguns when you get the chance.

Even though you never get the third projectile, and your elemental percentage won't go up (at least, not until the expansion), the high damage of the weapons make it worth using. Bows are good, too, for when you need longer-range shots.

Nobody should ever neglect their ranged weapons in this kind of game.

MSAksion
Jun 25, 2007, 08:00 PM
DEFINITELY get the Kikami card fan. 2 bullets that can lock on and hit a flying De Ragon in the face with level TWO status effect is waaay better than a pistol capped lvl 10 status 1.

But its strange - by the time you have high enough ATA to use the Card you'll have access to a MUCH BETTER armor - but one that doesn't have the boosted attack power with the Ageha-senba. 4* armor and 8* weapon??? These armor & Weapon combos don't make sense...

I'm glad there will be left handed TECH Casting weapons so Wartecher can hold a KNIFE or a SABER or WHIP!. At least Guntecher's left handed guns work with Right Hand Wands.

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 08:23 PM
How much does the [B] for these go, what do they sell for, and is it best crafted via a pure Range PM? I just ran across the board doing fire missions and i'm thinking of craftin'em as a gift for a friend.

Pengfishh
Jun 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
Guntecher's best friend.

RedCoKid
Jun 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
On 2007-06-25 18:00, MSAksion wrote:
But its strange - by the time you have high enough ATA to use the Card you'll have access to a MUCH BETTER armor - but one that doesn't have the boosted attack power with the Ageha-senba. 4* armor and 8* weapon??? These armor & Weapon combos don't make sense...
I agree, although Sega's idea might have been that if you're using cards, you can easily avoid taking hits by dodging.

As a FT, I find cards work nicely on tech-resistant enemies whose attacks you'll need to dodge. For instance, your jusei-shiki will nicely complement a FG's gravity shot and render a pack of unbuffed olgohmon completely benign, thus making missions like Eastern Peril or Rainbow Beast S2 a walk in the park. Too bad cards don't hit SE 3 at 21, though.

DreamLocke
Jun 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
I love cards. I have two for my GT and they rock. I love those homing lasers they emit...style. Massive damage. GT's really need to S-rank these...they use them the most effectively.

I have a Beast WT that will never have enough ATA to use them for a LONG time but at least one of my cha's can pimp them out. WTs need to S-rank these too since they really don't S-rank ANYTHING.

Ebram
Jun 27, 2007, 08:39 AM
I think cards are alright, but I hate how slow they are.