PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Cast Alt.!!

Alamar
Jun 24, 2007, 08:49 PM
Ok I have and alt. character. He is lvl. 29 right now. What class best suits a cast. I have read alot about this but would like to have everyones ideas about which class takes all the advantages out of a cast. I just completed 5 lvls for hunter,ranger,force. So I am ready to pick anything. Just need some help here with what. Advantages and weakness would help.thanks in advance

Garnet_Moon
Jun 24, 2007, 09:02 PM
Beast: Fortefighter
CAST: Fortegunner
Newman: Fortetecher
Human: Who cares. Ya suck at it all.

Sadly, Fortegunner requires Ranger level 10.

That's just the way it is.

Realmz
Jun 24, 2007, 09:03 PM
rather those are the classes that get the biggest bonuses from those races, newmans get a few more classes as well

Garnet_Moon
Jun 24, 2007, 09:08 PM
Yep. The best bonus goes to their advanced class for each race.

Personally, I think the most useful class would be more like this:

Beast: Protranser
CAST: Fighunner
Newman: Guntecher
Human: Heal Bot

KiteWolfwood
Jun 24, 2007, 09:10 PM
Fortefighter, Fighgunner, Fortegunner, Guntecher, Protranser. Before anyway says anything about GT up there, cast have the lowest TP out of every class but who cares, as a guntecher you have terrible TP anyway and 10 in techs so its not like you'll use them anyway.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 24, 2007, 09:11 PM
On 2007-06-24 19:10, KiteWolfwood wrote:
Before anyway says anything about GT up there, cast have the lowest TP out of every class but who cares, as a guntecher you have terrible TP anyway and 10 in techs so its not like you'll use them anyway.

Speak for yourself. My Newman GT has awesome spells.

Alamar
Jun 24, 2007, 09:20 PM
well level 10 is not to bad. halfway there.

RegulusHikari
Jun 24, 2007, 09:39 PM
Like guns? Go Fortegunner.
Like melee but want to keep back and still throw punches? Go Figunner.
Like support and those nice, shiny S rank twins? Go Guntecher.
Like the big weapons, spam traps, and be unique? Go Protranser.

My main is primarily Figun, and subs as GT (as well as FF and WT). My Cast alt is a FG, so I can speak for almost every class.

FG throws around SEs like there's no tomorrow, stop big enemies with grenades, and pump out high damage with shotguns.

Figun can get up close mob control with doublesabers, break out spears for heavy damage, use twins for melee resistant/SE prone monsters, and mechs for quick DoT.

GT isn't stellar in the stats department, and don't listen to the people who think it's supposed to be. You've got useful guns as primary damage dealers, and at least Resta, S/D, and whatever other (de)buffs you decide to get. And BOWS. Armor piercing, Lv 4 SE long range bullets. Come AoI you get S rank bows.

In FACT, if you think about it, aren't twin handguns, mechguns (mostly with elemental advantage), and crossbows some of the most powerful guns available? And GT gets S rank in ALL of those categories.

I suggest playing the above three classes and deciding which one you like best. All of them are a great deal of fun, IMO.

Kion
Jun 24, 2007, 09:40 PM
CASTs have high ATA and decent ATP, anything with the word "gun" in it will take the most advantage of their abilities:
fortegunner, fighgunner, guntecher. If it's a male cast i recomend either forte or figh because of the higher ATP. If you're main is a beast, then fortegunner might be the best game play variation.

The_Gio
Jun 25, 2007, 02:16 AM
i think. personally. that, it should be like this

Beast:Fortegunner
Cast:Fortefighter
Newmen:Guntecher
Humans:Protranser

why? beasts have high atp and low ata, so going fortegunner would balance it out with the ata while u do alot of dmg at range.
Casts have high ata and have a pretty good amount of atp, so you wouldnt miss as much with melee weapons (like an axe)
Newmans would be good guntechers because obviously they have high TP so they would still heal alot even with lvl 10 TECHS plus lvl 30 bullets...mm...
and Humans would be good Protransers because they get a boost from hybrid classes, and protranser is three classes combined.Humans dont suck at everything, theyre actually better fortetechers than newmens because they could take more dmg and their not that much lower in TP and MST than newmens

Alamar
Jun 25, 2007, 02:18 AM
Thanks everyone that helped alot. I think fortegunner will suit my gameplay fine. I tend to agree my main is a Beast so A different style of play would be A good change of pace. Again thanks for the help everyone.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 25, 2007, 08:27 AM
On 2007-06-25 00:16, The_Gio wrote:
Humans dont suck at everything, theyre actually better fortetechers than newmens because they could take more dmg and their not that much lower in TP and MST than newmens

This is irrelevant because you never get hit, unless you want to. At least I don't. *shrugs*

Newmans are still better at fT evem if you dare to play the HP card and make it look like all newman fT's have no fucking idea how to dodge and/or avoid damage.

DoubleK93
Jun 25, 2007, 08:34 AM
I personally have my main character as a cast. The best classes for me are Fortetecher and fortegunner. *I say everything is a good class except fortefighter*

MrNomad
Jun 25, 2007, 08:45 AM
On 2007-06-25 06:34, DoubleK93 wrote:
I personally have my main character as a cast. The best classes for me are Fortetecher and fortegunner. *I say everything is a good class except fortefighter*

Are you saying you use your main cast as an FT? > > O well do what you want. My main is an FF, still at lvl 5 but he easily can do more dmg than most high lvl characters unless they're FT or FF too. Life's easy too, a Rising strike PA and Dus Rubado along with Anga Redda get the job done, with an additional Spin Break ^ ^ and ofcourse a strong gun

Kion
Jun 25, 2007, 01:05 PM
FF does do alot of damage, but it's alot more low-level friendly. In higher ranking missions FF officially becomes a rag doll and doesn't do much good at all. They have insanely low evasion, so insteed of blocking, they just get knocked down, and with no long ranged weapons, they pretty much run back towards the enemy to get knocked down again. It's a pathetic site to see.

Back on topic: for fortegunner casts, your S rank weapons are the ones that you should be sure to get all of the PAs for. These are the main weapons of the class and define how it plays. Fortegunner is a ranged SE support type so each weapon plays into how it works.

Rifles- FG's main weapon. For tagging SE's and taking down damage. I recomend you carry two rifles in your pallet. One for tagging the SE's and another the opposite element of the enemy for damage.

Shotguns- close ranged powerhouse. With just SE level 2, being opposses with tagging multiple enemies won't egt you too far. This gun is meant for elemental damage and hitting with all 5 bullets at close range. Stick to the right element and use it for close range small to medium size enemies.

Grenades- this will destroy any large enemy. Multiple hits as well as SE level 3 and elemental damage on top of good atp, this is your best friend in any boss fight. It can also be used for crowd control. You can coral a group of enemies into the corner and stop their movement in addition to taking down tons of damage.

Lasers: PA's are optional for this weapon. They only have SE level 1 and barely any elemental damage. Where this weapon shines is it's massive amount of ATP. It's for groups of mobs stacked together with hunters. It doesn't send them flying, so you can deal massive damage to a group of enemies. With PA's you get coincidental side effects and slightly more damage, but how this weapon is used is the important part.

Be sure to level all of your bullets. There's a guide to afk bullet leveling somewhere.

Tangent:
The priority is on your S rank weapons, any other weapons are mostly for ultimate PA's. Like twin handguns for example, with the way fortegunner plays you have shutguns which basically fill the same niche' as twin handguns. But it would still be worth getting the ultimate PA with lowers enemy's defense. The way i see this game working out in the long run is S rank weapons will be your main source of damage, and A rank weapons will before ultimate PA's set on kubara weapons for extra support because they have higher PP restoration.