PDA

View Full Version : PSU card game?

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 01:16 AM
anyone be interested in making a PSU card game that can be played over the net?

Would need a programmer (someone familiar with VB and client/server programming) and some artists though.

Sychosis
Jun 25, 2007, 01:21 AM
lol C.A.R.D. Revolution.

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 01:22 AM
not so much ^.^ more like magic or pkmn tcg

VanHalen
Jun 25, 2007, 01:25 AM
On 2007-06-24 23:21, Sychosis wrote:
lol C.A.R.D. Revolution.

That game rocked. I'd play a PSU version of it. *summons Jarba*

On 2007-06-24 23:22, DurakkenX wrote:
not so much ^.^ more like magic or pkmn tcg

Well due to the fact I'm pretty addicted to pokemon since I got Diamond. I'd like to play a PSU version of that too. I'm not so good with programming though, good luck with it.

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2007, 01:25 AM
Phew, for a second I thought you were going to say a Card game for this was announced.

That sure would have sucked.

Sakuya
Jun 25, 2007, 01:28 AM
No! NO! Naughty NAUGHTY Durakken! CCG players of the past and present should never mention that particular TCG in anything related to the idea of a new TCG. Only mentions of specific mechanics are allowed, but never mention that name!

Especially considering it is a franchise that will attempt to milk itself dry, past the time the cow has been dead for 5 years.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 25, 2007, 01:43 AM
might be kind of cool if they made it a part of PSU, like you get a card for killing a monster but they drop like items from boss boxes enemys ect.

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 01:44 AM
which? magic or pokemon?

I was thinkin' that the rules could be somethin' like you can have up to 6 'characters' cards on the field and then you can make your deck up of weapons, PP, PA, items, and lvl up cards and also could have back up character cards.

Then you could also have cards like "disconnect", "blacklist", and "remove from party" type cards.

VanHalen
Jun 25, 2007, 01:46 AM
Oh and you have to have a card called "server crash". It's effect makes the other party stop for 5 turns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif .

Chuck_Norris
Jun 25, 2007, 01:51 AM
and a card called "uber haxzorz" and makes you win the fight and take all the other peoples cards.

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 02:20 AM
Chuck = baka

so can i take it that most people wouldn't be interested in playing something like this? or that they would be?

Itsuki
Jun 25, 2007, 02:38 AM
I would be interested in creating it. The only problem is I don't have much time to program anymore~ I dunno, maybe you should try to get something started durakken~

EDIT: I mean, in the forum or irc channel sort of way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-06-25 00:38 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jun 25, 2007, 02:46 AM
I would like to see how it would turn out. I just made a suggestion to the disconnect, blacklist, and remove from party card.

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 02:58 AM
Well the first thing is that there is 80 player character types (>.> damn that's a lot...) and 30 or so Enemy character types. Of course could just make the 8 gender/races and then have it so the 10 classes are linked, but that would mean a lot more cards in a deck.

Then there is how to handle bullet and tech cards as without them it'd make lots of char types useless... so it'd be nice to figure a way to make them work without having to add too many cards into a deck >.> 60cards in a TCG is often the optimal size even though i've made decks with over 120 cards in it ^.^

forum...i dun wanna create another forum+site right now *cry*
irc... i forget how they work >.> i haven't dealt with them in months!

Itsuki
Jun 25, 2007, 03:21 AM
You could probably race, gender, and class as seperate cards. Or race/gender as one card, and then class as a seperate. With class changing the stats and changing the equipable item types.

pikachief
Jun 25, 2007, 03:29 AM
I'd rather have it turn based again!

My newman starts casting gi-diga

oponets beast tonado dances you to the ground

My newman casts a diga at the beast

The beast slowly and easily walks away from it.

The beast then does a 3-hit combo with his axee and misses everytime.

A male cast comes out of nowhere and killer shots everyone becuase of their lack of garment auras

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-06-25 01:30 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 03:41 AM
the problem with doing that is that would be 20% of the cards in a standard TCG deck though with just 6...So either deck size would have to be larger or all 80 types would have to be done. I personally prefer the 80 types to be done, but that's a lot of work...with just the basics you get well over 200-300 cards...

Hrmmm also what if PP were elemental like mana rather than all purpose... that'd be cool with the bullet PAs cuz ranger types could inflict various status ailments by just changing the PP that they tap...that'd be a lot easier than various linked Bullet PAs...skills could be linked to a weapon, and technics could just be like regular magic cards...

also lvl up cards would be +1, +5, +10, +25, and +50 if they were to be implemented, but dunno if that would be a good idea or not... could make character cards all just various lvls and make a whole bunch...which would really add a lot of cards too though even though it'd be the coolest...especially since could feature specific character from PSOW members and such.

Garanz-Baranz
Jun 25, 2007, 04:27 AM
<,< I'd see if this card game turned up, it'd be alot more like Yu-Gi-Oh!...

Itsuki
Jun 25, 2007, 09:52 AM
Doing all 80 types doesn't seem effective from a creators standpoint though. Its just not good for balance. Too many would not be used at all, and be completely useless. Let me explain probably the most effective scenarios in my mind.

1) You could have single character, customizable (probably race card, gender card, class card). Which is pre-chosen. With all the actual deck cards being everything else. This allows you to do all 80, without effecting balance too much.

2) Restrict the number of combinations. 7 classes, do maybe 2-3 of each type, each with their own special effects and such. And then maybe tack on some "npcs". With the npcs probably having better effects, but only allowed to have 2 in party, or something to that nature.

3) Do base classes, like hunter, ranger, force. And do say... 3 of each race. So about 12 total cards. And then have the other 7 classes as upgrade cards. Perhaps double effecting, to reduce the amount you get deck screwed.

DikkyRay
Jun 25, 2007, 09:57 AM
PSU EP3 S.E.E.D. Revolution would be so awesome.
Man eo3 ws fucking amazing. Its funny how many pople sucked at it though, and thats why they hate it (OMG ITS DIFFERENT! I HATE DIFFERENT!)

TrieNoir
Jun 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
*From a magic standpoint*

You could use the 6 photon types as mana.
PAs, TECHs, items, weapons, etc. would be the sorcery, instants, and enchantments.
Characters would be the creatures.

And just use the MTG rules and everything.

*edit*

Oh, and you could just edit Apprentice with the templates of the PSU cards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrieNoir on 2007-06-25 09:34 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 02:15 PM
i was thinking of making the base 8 char races/genders that are auto what they are in the game originally and then 7 class cards... also player types and monster types = not allowed to be in the same deck so a monster type deck may play a bit differently considering there wouldn't be weapons or bullets for them.

Also instead of every weapon being a card i think should be limited to one per rank

Alexh667
Jun 25, 2007, 02:22 PM
On 2007-06-24 23:46, VanHalen wrote:
Oh and you have to have a card called "server crash". It's effect makes the other party stop for 5 turns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif .

I like the way this man thinks!

Maverynthia
Jun 25, 2007, 05:35 PM
You know there's this card engine called LackeyCCG right that you can use to make up your own card game.. You just edit some files to tell it how the board looks and how the turns go...

Garnet_Moon
Jun 25, 2007, 05:49 PM
If this ever happens I'll kill myself.

RegulusHikari
Jun 25, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-06-25 15:49, Garnet_Moon wrote:
If this ever happens I'll kill myself. kick every ST member in the nuts for wasting time on this and not more updates.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
On 2007-06-25 15:35, Maverynthia wrote:
You know there's this card engine called LackeyCCG right that you can use to make up your own card game.. You just edit some files to tell it how the board looks and how the turns go...

hrmm?

Merumeru
Jun 25, 2007, 10:29 PM
XD ive been dying for a good collectible card game, last thing i played that wasnt even remotely related was CRIMSON VASSUS

Rashiid
Jun 25, 2007, 10:31 PM
o.0

i want a Saints Row card game....

Kaydin
Jun 25, 2007, 11:24 PM
I thought about making some PSU cards a while ago. Never got around to it.

I don't know VB (I know Java though. >.>;), but I can sure help with the concept (rules, etc.) and the artistry.

VanHalen
Jun 25, 2007, 11:27 PM
I can probably make up some assist cards. We can probably base some of PSU jokes.

"HEL YEH"
Increases parties EVA.

Kinfante
Jun 26, 2007, 12:21 AM
Wow, sounds like fun, but tough...

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 12:24 AM
I looked at that LackeyCCG thing and it seems like a pretty useful thing... and could maybe be used for this...

Still need plenty of art... and to figure out how it would all work... and someone a bit less busy to make the plug-in for it...sooo

so lets list everything and decide...
char cards... random leveled chars of various classes/races? race/gender cards and class cards? or all 80 various race/gender/class combinations...

lvl up cards?

PP cards acting as mana of sorts?

Weapons? permanent linked or not, limited or not? 1 wep card per rank or all weps?

Technics casted through the same way magic is in magic?

Armor?

Other Cards?

Kinfante
Jun 26, 2007, 12:27 AM
I think you should have ONE Character card for example a "Male Newman/FO" for starts, and kinda of like an upgrade, have the Class Fortetecher. It will allow you to use LV21+ techs. Highers MST and Lowers DFP. Etc..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinfante on 2007-06-25 22:29 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 12:29 AM
On 2007-06-25 22:27, Kinfante wrote:
I think you should have ONE Character card for example a "Male Newman/FO" for starts, and kinda of like an upgrade, have the Class Fortetecher. It will allow you to use LV21+ techs. Highers MST and Lowers DFP. Etc..

As in at the beginning? or just all together?

Kinfante
Jun 26, 2007, 12:33 AM
The Beginning start off by choosing what Gender/Race/Beginning Class (Hu, RA, or FO) card you will be playing with.

VanHalen
Jun 26, 2007, 12:39 AM
I like the race/gender card and class card. Though I think we should use the expert types as the class cards to make it simpler. I claim the ultimate Newman male Fortefighter card!

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 12:41 AM
yeah there is gonna be one starting off char that you can place, but you'll also be able to have PMs and other chars come in and such as the game goes on... I'm also thinking of monsters as well where you can have no player character types, but are a bit stronger etc

Kinfante
Jun 26, 2007, 12:41 AM
Well, I think we should use those expert classes as Upgrades. Highers/Lowers Attributes, allows you to use specific weapon cards, etc.

Kinda like evolving Charmander to Charmeleon..

Kinfante
Jun 26, 2007, 12:42 AM
On 2007-06-25 22:41, DurakkenX wrote:
yeah there is gonna be one starting off char that you can place, but you'll also be able to have PMs and other chars come in and such as the game goes on... I'm also thinking of monsters as well where you can have no player character types, but are a bit stronger etc

I think you should only have ONE char that will be your damage taker, if he dies. U lose

VanHalen
Jun 26, 2007, 12:44 AM
Ok Kinfante idea is more like Pokemon so yes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Can monsters be added into your party deck just like in PSO ep3?

Kinfante
Jun 26, 2007, 12:47 AM
On 2007-06-25 22:44, VanHalen wrote:
Ok Kinfante idea is more like Pokemon so yes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Can monsters be added into your party deck just like in PSO ep3?

I would say, yes. But I haven't thought how that would work out..

Kinfante
Jun 26, 2007, 01:16 AM
--------------ATT--ACC--DFP--MST
H Hunter-------3----2----2----2
H Ranger-------2----3----2----2
H Force--------2----2----2----3

N Hunter-------3----2----2----2
N Ranger-------2----4----2----1
N Force--------2----1----2----5

B Hunter-------5----2----3----0
B Ranger-------2----4----3----0
B Force--------2----2----3----2

C Hunter-------4----3----2----0
C Ranger-------3----5----2----0
C Force--------2----3----2----2

Alisha
Jun 26, 2007, 03:31 AM
PSU C.A.R.D. revolution would be awesome.

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 03:49 AM
Kinfante...simply no. That just doesn't work ^.^ Trying to make it like PSU, not pokemon, and those stats are just off...and it's best just to make a char the original class rather than any class as it's simpler ^.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-06-26 01:50 ]</font>

Kent
Jun 26, 2007, 06:57 AM
On 2007-06-25 15:49, Garnet_Moon wrote:
If this ever happens I'll kill myself.

Please, someone make a PSU TCG right now.

omegapirate2k
Jun 26, 2007, 07:30 AM
Hahaha, example cards, GO ME!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/omegapirate2000/omegapirate2000.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/omegapirate2000/OmegasEgo.jpg

Overpowered shit ftw.

Kuya
Jun 26, 2007, 08:47 AM
lol - I just played the Marvel Trading Card game and it was a little confusing but fun none the less. Omegapirate just makes me wanna make a bunch of fake cards about PSOWers XD

Kinfante
Jun 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
k, i've given up, wasting my time...

omegapirate2k
Jun 26, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-06-26 06:47, Kuya wrote:
Omegapirate just makes me wanna lalalalaalalaaaaaa!

I am inspiring, what can I say?

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-06-26 09:22, Kinfante wrote:
k, i've given up, wasting my time...

not wasting your time, it's just your taking it in a different direction than what i am thinking... not that it's bad... it's just you are trying to recreate a game that you think is good rather than make something new.

DurakkenX
Jun 27, 2007, 02:53 AM
Well still need an artist (or rather a few)... and i haven't seen any step up...and i mean decently good artists which i know there is plenty on PSOW

I think for now the best method for char types is have

Human/Male - Hunter
Human/Female - Hunter
Newman/Male - Force
Newman/Female - Force
Cast/Male - Ranger
Cast/Female - Ranger
Beast/Male - Hunter
Beast/Female - Hunter
ForteFighter
ForteTecher
ForteGunner
WarTecher
GunTecher
Fighgunner
Protranser

For wep cards...
Axe
->Ank Pikor S-Rank
->Ank Dedda A-rank

Bow
->Kohibumiteri S-rank
->Ulteri A-rank
->Hikauri B-rank
->Compadri C-rank

Card
->Shi-Kikami
->Mira-kikami

Claw
->Daiga-Misaki S-rank
->Giza-Misaki A-rank

Crossbow
->Cubo Musrana S-rank
->Cugo Mamba A-rank

Dagger
->Deva-zashi S-rank
->Halp Serafi S-rank
->Shiratsuno-zashi A-rank
->Crea Dagger A-rank
->Crea-zashi A-rank
->Daga Cresa A-rank
->Daga Sababba B-rank
->Sava-zashi B-rank
->Survivor B-rank
->Daga Steg C-rank
->Stina-zashi C-rank
->Stinger C-rank

Double Saber
->Carriguine-Rucar S-rank
->Crea Doubles S-rank
->Sweet Death S-rank
->Nightwalker A-rank

Grenade Launcher
->Gur Bazga S-rank
->Gur Missal A-rank

Handgun
->Viper S-rank
->Python A-rank
->B'duki Re B-rank
->Railgun B-rank
->Rayratore B-rank
->Autogun C-rank
->B'duki Oga C-rank
->Ortotore C-rank

Knuckles
->Gudda Skela S-rank
->Gudda Gant A-rank
->Gratacle B-rank
->Graters B-rank
->Gudda Greta B-rank
->Brass Knuckles C-rank
->Brassacle C-rank
->Gudda Brana C-rank

Laser Cannon
->Meteor Cannon S-rank
->Degahna Cannon A-rank
->Thunder Cannon A-rank

Machinegun
->Muzzlefever S-rank
->Drumline A-rank
->Magga Bar B-rank
->Vulcan B-rank
->Greasegun C-rank
->Magga Gres C-rank

DurakkenX
Jun 27, 2007, 03:04 AM
anyways i think you get the point, 10*, top A rank, Branks, and Cranks, for weapons for now...

think there will also by several PA type cards per PA for the dif combo or SE lvl of them

Also the char stats will be roughly equivilant to HP/ATP/TP/DFP/MST... while STA, ACC, and whatever else can be taken into account with weapons and game mechanics rather than stats. For example the only time STA would come into effect to be dif would be if it was against a monster type char so just have to create a game mechanic to make a spell to effect a monster differently than a player char. ACC can be easily worked around by the weapons...making it so various charas can't equip them.

Kuya
Jun 27, 2007, 10:04 AM
Well, here's a start...
http://aycu23.webshots.com/image/20742/2001643993193047465_rs.jpg

And here's an example...
http://aycu09.webshots.com/image/19808/2001695497277124680_rs.jpg

Probably no help at all. XD

I look forward to making more of these cards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DurakkenX
Jun 27, 2007, 10:34 PM
no offense kuya, but that doesn't look that great as it has a lot of unused room on the card, but it does have a nice concept behind it

omegapirate2k
Jun 27, 2007, 10:35 PM
And I believe parn is a fortefighter.

vfloresjr24
Jun 27, 2007, 10:59 PM
I personally would consider it as I did with PSO ep3. That game was very good but I end up going back to ep1 and 2 cause i was bored. The most rares card I got was Mericarol(sp?) and I still lost every battle with it.

vfloresjr24
Jun 27, 2007, 11:01 PM
OMFG!!!! A Parn card. Now I must have this game and get that card. (Plots evil plan of world domination with parn card) *Laughts to himself*

DurakkenX
Jun 28, 2007, 12:16 AM
from what it looks like this may not go anywhere as no artists are really interested in helping really as far as i can see.

Kuya
Jun 28, 2007, 11:57 AM
lol - To tell you the truth, I was only screwing around XD I took the card from the Star Wars CCG and removed even more boxes. I just put random stuff in the boxes only so it would look a little filled and the only reason I put Parn as a FG is because I saw one of his posts that said that he would not be a fF. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ultie
Jun 28, 2007, 12:35 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/daveUG/card3.jpg
my attempt of a card, its ok for rush jobs i think, if people want the psd to make their own from this just ask.

Chaobo99
Jun 28, 2007, 12:58 PM
hmm, for weps like C-A ranks,if you're in PC version,why not just take a picture of someone holding the weapon and crop the weapon, then place it on the card. You can have the fancy artwork for S ranks and whatever. Less work you know.

Kuya
Jun 28, 2007, 03:41 PM
That job is a lot more believable as a card...and for that picture...I hate you. XD

DurakkenX
Jun 28, 2007, 08:19 PM
Actually for C and B rank weapons I have been considering using the art from the visual book that not many have actually seen. It covers i think all C ranks and some S and A ranks. I just have to hook up my scanner and fuck up the binding of the book...not like it's in mint condition anyways though.

natewifi
Jun 28, 2007, 08:43 PM
Oh gawd I felt so embarassed for those kids who played yu gi oh at the age of 17. Kids wearing busted ass reeboks, isolating themselves for shiney paper saddens me. x_x

DurakkenX
Jun 28, 2007, 08:45 PM
"isolating" you know...to play card games you have to interact with others most of the time

natewifi
Jun 28, 2007, 08:48 PM
Lol, there is no detail in my post that ses I was refering to one person. :/

DurakkenX
Jun 28, 2007, 08:54 PM
i guess you got a point but that's an unfair stereotype... Most people i know who play card games look at those crazy people that shout out attacks and such and walk the other way

natewifi
Jun 28, 2007, 09:02 PM
I agree with you.

Weeaboolits
Jun 28, 2007, 09:38 PM
On 2007-06-24 23:25, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-06-24 23:21, Sychosis wrote:
lol C.A.R.D. Revolution.That game rocked. I'd play a PSU version of it. *summons Jarba* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

DurakkenX
Jun 29, 2007, 07:57 PM
never played ep 3 so don't know what it was really like

Itsuki
Jun 29, 2007, 09:32 PM
Basically ep 3 was played on a board of varying size. You had 2 types of decks. One that used monsters, one that used equipment. Each deck had an avatar associated with it. And the goal was to kill that avatar. Each turn you rolled a pair of dice, the higher was your attack, the lower was your defence. Attack could only be used on your turn, defence when taking damage. For each point that you rolled, you could move 1 space, attack once, or it could go towards playing a card.

In the equipment based decks, your cards were summoned onto your avatar. And you had to kill through them to get to the avatar. Each one you break, dealing damage to the avatar aswell. And you were only allowed for one attack per weapon. If you had a barrier on, they had to kill the barrier first before they could get to the weapons.

The monster based ones, your cards were summoned onto the field. Usually preventing the other character from getting to you at any reasonable speed. Each monster and your own character could attack once.

There was a bit more to it, but thats the basic idea. But I don't like the idea of copying directly. I think using some concepts of it could help. I think the two types of decks should definately play quite differently. And I think the monster based decks should definately be more well... monster based. While the character decks should be more limitted in that department, depending more on PAs / Equipment. I don't like the dice idea though~ Just because I don't like things that are too random~

Chaobo99
Jun 29, 2007, 11:23 PM
yea card rev. was fun

Kent
Jun 30, 2007, 02:46 AM
Out of a combination of boredom and not having classes for a few weeks, I did some thinking about what a PSU card game would be like.

Basically, my idea came down to something like this:

All characters on the battlefield are handled by Type Cards. You can only place a Type Card onto the field if there is space to do so, and it's a Basic Type (Hunter, Ranger, Force). For Expert Types, you'd have to place it on the field, on top of a Basic Type card (think evolution in the Pokémon TCG) that needs it. For example, on top of a Hunter card, you could place Fortefighter, Fighgunner, Wartecher, or Protranser (Acrofighter?).

There would be six places on the field per player. These would be different positions for characters to be in, three places on the front line, and three in the back. Melee attacks, skills, and some specific Techniques (Dam-, Gi-) will only be able to hit enemies on the front line if the user is on the front line (i.e. a range of 1 space) - naturally, if the characters on one player's team are only lined up laterally, then they are all considered to be in the front line.

The stats work as would be expected: HP is damage you can take, attacker's ATP - Defender DFP is how much damage is done, Attacker's ATA+1d6 vs. Defender's EVP+1d6 decides whether or not your attack hits, and STA+1d6 is used to determine if negative status effects work or not (that part's calculation is determined by what's causing the status effect - more on that later).

Equipment is mainly used to increase a character's stats. For example, a Saber could have "ATP+3, ATA+2, 1 Hit," meaning those values are added to your character's stats when attacking, and this weapon hits one time. On the Type cards, there 's a listing of what types of weapons and what ranks that type can use. Armor is also listed, which (surprise) increases defensive stats. Line Shield cards also show which slots they have available, for further enhancements. For obvious reasons, there isn't any "PP" because it's too weapon-dependant, but PAs are still there...

On PAs: To use a PA card, you must have a character on the field with the proper weapon type equipped (eg. to use "Photon Art: Gravity Strike" you must have a Saber-type weapon equipped to a character in the front line). Skills and Techniques are expended apon use - one use of the card, and it is sent to the discard pile. Bullets have multiple uses, but aren't weapon-specific (eg. "Photon Art: Ice Bullets"), but still need a gun equipped to use - these have the highest chance to inflict status effects. Instead of playing Bullets as an instananeous effect, they are equipped like equipment. Naturally, Techniques aren't weapon-specific either, but are still cast from your hand, using one of your character's stats.

Items are also played in the exact manner as Skills and Techniques (that is, instantly from your hand), with the exception that they don't require characters to be equipped in any specific manner to use. Some examples of items include "Mono/Di/Trimate: Recover 10/20/30 HP to one of the characters you control, and discard this card." and "Photon Charge: Take one Photon Art card from your discard pile, and put it into your hand."

As far as turns go... There's the standard part of each player drawing 7 cards at the beginning, and putting one Type card down before anyone takes a turn, and players draw 1 card every turn. If you're unable to play a Type card on the first turn, you must show your opponent your hand, shuffle it back into your deck, and draw a new hand (and your opponent has the option of drawing an extra card each time this happens).

Each turn handles like this: 1 card is drawn first. Second, the player can place down up to 1 Type card per turn, and add up to 1 piece of equipment (this includes bullets) to each character per turn (Characters can have weapons equipped that take up their hands: They can have one Sword equipped, or they can have one Saber and one Handgun equipped at once - swapping out equipment from your hand takes up this part of the turn). Next, each character the player has on the field, can make exactly one action - these actions can be normal attacks with an equipped weapon (Rod/Wand/Madoog can be used in melee, but don't add any ATP to the user's), using an item, Skill, or Technique; equipped Bullets add on to normal attacks. The player also has the option of having any or all of his/her characters take no action. After this, all status effects are managed (DoTs do their damage, others have chance to wear off), then the turn passes onto the next player.

A player loses when they a.) are unable to draw a card at the beginning of their turn (deck runs out), b.) all characters on their side of the field are defeated, and they are unable to play a new one on their turn, or c.) have all six slots on their side of the field filled with defeated characters.

When characters are defeated during combat, the Type card is simply turned over in its place. The player then has three full turns to revive the player with a Moon Atomizer or Giresta, before that Type card and all of its attached equipment/PA cards are discarded.

Lastly, I have a mockup I made of a Hunter Type Card:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5373/psuhuntercardqz4.jpg

DurakkenX
Jun 30, 2007, 06:06 PM
good concept kent, but some of it is just too similar to another game, some of it is too complex and not really for a card game, and the card just doesn't use any of the convention of card games that people are used to.

Niered
Jun 30, 2007, 06:12 PM
Realistically, even if you didnt LIKE Ep 3 (myseslf included) you have to admit, it was an absolutely brilliant TCG. The fact that there were 2 entirely different playstyles that meshed so well was amazing, I just wish it had been an actual physical card game isntead.

I think a PSU card game would be cool, if like I said, it was a physical card game, not digital one. But I feel that they should make it a true succesor to PSO EP3, and not try to change anything to drastically.

Kent
Jun 30, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-06-30 16:06, DurakkenX wrote:
good concept kent, but some of it is just too similar to another game, some of it is too complex and not really for a card game, and the card just doesn't use any of the convention of card games that people are used to.

Part of the idea was that it'd be set apart from other types of card games - that it'd feel more like a combination of tabletop RPG and TCG, rather than just one of the two.

Hmm... Maybe PSU would be better off going toward something that's different from just a generic TCG that wishes it was as half as good as Magic or Pokémon (you know, like how Yu-Gi-Oh is). I love TCGs and all, but you really need something that'd different from the current conventions set up for the already-successful games, to make something that's just a really different experience - different enough to make it worth playing.

But I do see your point. A really good way of doing a TCG does take a lot of work, and I was churning that out as I was going about trying to make a card that looked distinguishable from other kinds. The "picture on top half, text under it" thing does seem kinda generic if it's not one of the aforementioned good TCGs. I wanted to make a different feel, but at the same time, make it understandable, so... Yeah.

DurakkenX
Jun 30, 2007, 10:50 PM
the too complicated part comes from this...

Attacker's ATA+1d6 vs. Defender's EVP+1d6 decides whether or not your attack hits, and STA+1d6 is used to determine if negative status effects work or not (that part's calculation is determined by what's causing the status effect - more on that later).

Any time when you gotta roll a dice pretty much every turn just becomes tedious and too random and also dice are messy sometimes so yeah it's really isn't that great to have them every turn and definately not 6+ times a turn as every char would have to be given a roll of the dice and that just is well...a lot.

Chaobo99
Jun 30, 2007, 11:45 PM
Hmm how about if you use a "PA" card..you would say..have to roll a dice to see if you can perform the 2nd combo?
EX:
If you place tornado break on a long sword. Add up evp vs accuracy or whatever. If the first combo hits, roll a dice to see if you perform the 2nd combo("You must roll a 2,4,or 5 to perform combo #2)
Unless your a fighgunner or fortefighter,you dont have the option to roll the 3rd combo. Maybe you could make the 3rd combo have a higher damage modifier or something but make it harder to perform("You must roll a 1 or a 6 to perform the #3 combo")
dunno,just a suggestion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Maybe you could also have weapons with PP. Like saber has 15 PP and it takes rising strike 2PP per combo to perform and whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaobo99 on 2007-06-30 21:46 ]</font>

Gryffin
Jul 1, 2007, 12:17 AM
I might be able to do art and stuff... I'll edit this post with my idea layout in a bit..

Edit: Here's my layout.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1302/motherfuckingawesomecopzm2.jpg

Edit 2! Okay I am back and can now explain..

First, as you can tell, in the top is the name. Followed by a number, which is the Health of the character. Which is then followed by an element, mine of which is light. The element means that attacks that are dark do two times as much damage to me.

Moving down, we see the blue sheild icon. That is my armor. For all attacks against me, reduce 10 damage, unless otherwise stated by the attack.

Next, the green consumable icon. This is PP. It shows my base PP (100) with the PP I regenerate per turn (10). Some peoples attacks could probably incorporate stealing, or preventing PP regen.

Next. Attack, duh. That is the damage I deal on a base attack, If I were to attack you, you would subtract your defense from my attack.. So, like 20-10, I would do 10 damage. My basic attack is light elemental, and therefore would do (20-10)2, which is 20 damage.

Okay, moving down even more. We see a number, followed by a move, followed by another number.
The format is as follows.
PP cost ------- Name ----------- Damage
bonus effect

Not to hard. Defense is still played into those as well... so for my Senten Kanzan-ga, I would do 30-10, which would be 20.

Not to hard, is it?

Feel free to shot me up with questions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryffin on 2007-07-01 17:26 ]</font>

Chaobo99
Jul 1, 2007, 02:22 AM
Its cool..Cant understand the symbols, the stuff..and megit is insanely powerful O_o..make it a dice,not a coin http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DurakkenX
Jul 1, 2007, 07:46 PM
gryffin...having PP like that while nice for a video game, but I think it's far too much to remember or write down...

The elemental thing would be good for monster cards, but I don't think so much for player cards especially since they are gonna be race/gender/class rather than specific characters.. . though i 'd like them to be it's just waaaaay too many.

banana

Gryffin
Jul 1, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-07-01 17:46, DurakkenX wrote:
gryffin...having PP like that while nice for a video game, but I think it's far too much to remember or write down...

The elemental thing would be good for monster cards, but I don't think so much for player cards especially since they are gonna be race/gender/class rather than specific characters.. . though i 'd like them to be it's just waaaaay too many.

banana

My card doubles as WT... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And as for the element thing, how about equippable element cards.. that way you get a bonus, but a negative-ness too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

jayster
Jul 1, 2007, 11:21 PM
I could probably create a basic skelaton for it but I dont have any of the programs to make it in.

DurakkenX
Jul 4, 2007, 03:06 AM
what would a skeleton be doing in PSU?

Itsuki
Jul 4, 2007, 04:00 AM
durakken, thats a figure of speech! As in design!

SATatami
Jul 4, 2007, 04:20 AM
On 2007-07-04 01:06, DurakkenX wrote:
what would a skeleton be doing in PSU?

Cyber skeletons would be freaking AWESOME.

DurakkenX
Jul 4, 2007, 03:06 PM
oh i see >.> It was more a BUMP! though i do prefer a booty bump...

Ryno
Jul 7, 2007, 09:33 PM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/image00001998.jpg

LOL

DurakkenX
Jul 8, 2007, 12:38 AM
hrmmm?

DonRoyale
Jul 8, 2007, 12:53 AM
I'd love to see PSU as a card game, just like PSO3 (because PSO3 kicked some SERIOUS ass.)

Just throw in pointless plotlines and bad facelifts and agogo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

If only I had templates for old PSO3 cards...and Photoshop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

GoDz
Jul 8, 2007, 03:13 AM
no.....no offense i just dont like pokemon...=)but i wouldnt mind if they made the game i just wouldnt play...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DurakkenX
Jul 8, 2007, 03:01 PM
v.v by saying pokemon doesn't mean it will be exactly like pokemon and many of the things in pokemon TCG are based off other TCGs so it's an easy way to describe a set of basic play style.