PDA

View Full Version : dced by request of the server??!!

Prince_Medion
Jun 25, 2007, 04:03 AM
I was on psu online when a female character named Gina asked me a question about what colour is her/his skin.
As im new to psu (been ages on pso dc+gc tho) i wasnt really used with the chat talking, and then she/he just was getting so obssesed by this and getting angry at me for this silly reason, i said i wasnt sure she/he was talking to me and that im not used to the way the kb works! i said her skin looks tanned to me, then someone just called me a racist for no reasons...and all of this ended up with a disconection with the msg: you have been disconected by request of the server. so i was like, wth! ive got dced on purpose? maybe for whatever misbehaviour, since i dont think i started this and i didnt said any nasty word at all (Gina told me to F*** off anyway even tho i havent said anything bad at all...).
well this just get me confused and peed off and think it wasnt really fair...i noticed this on psu, when ppls dont know you they either just dont bother talking back to you or just being nasty to you...it was something that could happen on pso but not that often...

February
Jun 25, 2007, 04:07 AM
Isn't that a common disconnect error? Which server are you on?

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 04:12 AM
My first thought to this topic is simply that you are a troll that is trying to start another console argument or to give someone a bad rep...

BUT if you are serious and this really did happen, then you should report it as concisely as possible to Sega via their forums or support email including a log if you are the PC ver. Try to remember day, time, race, class, name, universe, and mission/area you were in when it happened.

Another thing that you might not be aware of is there is a hacker on PC/PS2 ver that has been crashing servers pretty randomly so it may have just been a coincidence. He has since been banned apparently but he did post it on another forum how to do it so there may be more people that do it...

Garanz-Baranz
Jun 25, 2007, 04:33 AM
So far, this 'DCed by request from server' is just equal to the "Connection Timed out" error.

>.> the only posible reason the Server will boot you is if you have ben Banned, or the Uviverse crashes. unless the server got fubged up by a virus and booted everyone.

Also, I've met Gina before as well. She is one odd card IMO, i'd B-list her, but shes too funny.

Kyli
Jun 25, 2007, 06:46 AM
If you're on PC version, the disconnects happen on occasion even with the so-called hacker right now. I think it was just a coincidence that it happened at the time of that conversation. I'd hate to think that Gina knew how to crash the servers...that would be mightily scary to me. (I'm assuming you're talking about the super-tall, amazon lady that likes to wear pink swimsuits.)

Just bear with the disconnects, they don't happen that often at all, and as far as grief from other players, you're welcome to come and find me and my friends. We're a little nuts on occasion, but we're friendly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nobo
Jun 25, 2007, 06:58 AM
You just lagged out!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

XanGabriel
Jun 25, 2007, 07:26 AM
Uhm... It's more than that, guys... There are ... (this is going to sound stupid, but true) people on here that pretty much stalk you.. Hunt you down and follow you around to either beg stuff from you, or to hassle you for no reason. This Gina is, in fact, one of those people. An undisclosed friend of mine is having a severe problem with this person. No matter where she goes, this blisted person finds her and just stands there (and overly frequents her shop). Or says various things to the rest of us in the party, such as asking for money, or anything else of the sort.. We switch universes, and problem is temporarily solved. There are others out there too. Such as Daisuke (claiming to be 30 something and only looking to cyber with people...) Either for similar reasons, or just plain cracked out psychotics. Such as a one Gelfling. (Don't even get me started...) Avoid these people at whatever cost you find dear to your playing time. You'll be able to tell within the first couple minutes most of the time...

It's gotten to the point, if someone follows me, begs, or spams more than 10 seconds, they've been blisted... *shakes head...

On 2007-06-25 02:12, DurakkenX wrote:

Another thing that you might not be aware of is there is a hacker on PC/PS2 ver that has been crashing servers pretty randomly so it may have just been a coincidence. He has since been banned apparently but he did post it on another forum how to do it so there may be more people that do it...

Thank you very much for bringing this up, as well, DurakkenX. I have, as have many other, been claiming for a while now (about 2 weeks), that there is a problem of this sort. This is obviously confirmation. XD
Honestly, though, why do people have to ruin everything?
Let this be a call to rally. We need to take care of this guys, this is a serious problem. I know most of you are going to find this blatantly true, and may even facepalm me, but there are still others that could care less.. Whose side are they on?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-06-25 05:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-06-25 05:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-06-25 05:32 ]</font>

XanGabriel
Jun 25, 2007, 08:13 AM
*bump to top of list for attention, and hope that this may become a sticky... We really need to work on this. I can't stress it enough. It'll grow even more out of hand if we don't start now... Too late may arrive too soon...

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2007, 08:57 AM
You should have said "I don't know, I use a black and white television set."

XanGabriel
Jun 25, 2007, 09:04 AM
On 2007-06-25 06:57, Artea wrote:

Thank you for sticking to the subject. I'm going to create a new thread with what i just posted to make my message concrete, but it won't matter because apparently noone cares. Thank you.

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2007, 09:29 AM
On 2007-06-25 07:04, XanGabriel wrote:

Thank you for sticking to the subject. I'm going to create a new thread with what i just posted to make my message concrete, but it won't matter because apparently noone cares. Thank you.

Well, given the situation, it could have ended the entire conflict/weirdness.

EDIT: I'm actually not sure if you're being sarcastic or not with your post. Because given it could have brought a totally new reaction to the situation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-06-25 07:32 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jun 25, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-06-25 07:04, XanGabriel wrote:

Everyone is pretending it's not happening in the hopes it'll go away.

XanGabriel
Jun 25, 2007, 10:38 AM
On 2007-06-25 08:06, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Everyone is pretending it's not happening in the hopes it'll go away.

YOU CAN'T JUST BRUSH THIS OFF.
...Y'know. If you guys want your game raped, fine. I'll be the only one fighting it. You people just do whatever the hell you want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-06-25 08:40 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jun 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
LOL dude people dont fucking stalk you. Wha thte hell are you talking about?
And us easliy ignoring it is raping our game? You know you can blacklist these people right?

XanGabriel
Jun 25, 2007, 10:42 AM
There are players out there that are literally bothered by someones char following them around. And you just think it's a joke.

Blacklisting doesn't solve it. My friend is still having problems.

And as for the hacking. Yes. You can just keep b*tching about your servers crashing. Your games getting raped. Don't fight it. It'll just go away. *nods. w/e

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-06-25 08:44 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jun 25, 2007, 10:46 AM
LOL dude, the guy who was crashing the server posts here. HE WAS BANNED SMART ONE.
And how does blacklisting not solve the problem?
1. You cant hear them
2. They can't join your game
3. They cant enter your room.
4. They can't mail you

XanGabriel
Jun 25, 2007, 10:49 AM
The person still manages to show up wherever my friend is. too often. its more than just coincidence. but you dont want to hear it anyways, so just lay off.

DikkyRay
Jun 25, 2007, 10:50 AM
ever think that the guy wants to just do the missions there?
Besides how hard is it to igore the guy who cant even speak to you?

XanGabriel
Jun 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
we can be on a whole separate universe. in hive 3 lobby, and theyll show up. WTF?

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2007, 10:58 AM
Get his number and report him then. Talking about it on here isn't going to fix the problem. The only thing you can do here is have everyone mass mail Sega on a specific problem such as server crashing until they're fed up with it and find a solution, similar to when passbreak was out on PSO.

XanGabriel
Jun 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
...*has had some fresh air..

Sorry for the flaming...

...I'm just worried, really...

I won't talk anymore of it...

Prince_Medion
Jun 26, 2007, 03:16 PM
now all og this just got me confused lol, well i dont see this person anymore now, and im not trying to make bad rep of ppls, im quite new to psu, but was a pso veterant before (both dc and gc) even if i quited it 2 years ago, but anyway i met some really nice players yesterday and they always helps me leveling up, im not sure about stalkers or hackers...isnt the game meant to be very strict about it?

Turbobrain
Jun 26, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-06-25 08:40, DikkyRay wrote:
LOL dude people dont fucking stalk you. Wha thte hell are you talking about?
And us easliy ignoring it is raping our game? You know you can blacklist these people right?

Oh yes they do sir, oh yes they do. Some of the the names brought up in this, well lets just say i've seen some odd behaviour. Makes me wonder about the ppl on the other end(it rubs the lotion on it's skin on it gets the hoes again;)).

DAMASCUS
Jun 27, 2007, 03:07 AM
I can't believe it but I remember Gina from waaaay back at the start of PSU. She joined a group that I was in and pretended that she knew some other girl there and proceeded to say that she was a crazy nut job or something. It was very bizarre but that other girl seriously had no clue.

Aralia
Jun 27, 2007, 03:17 AM
Yeah, I heard about Gina from my friend IRL.. She's one weird cookie..

Personally, if she starts messing with me, she's gettin' the B-list. =p

She's the type to demand rares set to random, and be leader of the party, kill an enemy and say the rare should be hers regardless of the "random" selection that -she- made.

Specifically happened in LL s2, crea doubles board dropped, she killed the monster, and demanded my friend give it to her for the single reason that "she killed it." Even though she set things to random in the first place and had she left it on give finder she'd have had it. =p

I just lol at her as of now.

Mayu
Jun 27, 2007, 03:21 AM
Shes weird -_-

oh and I always see her beg for stuff <.<

and if you have more money then her

It automaticly means you're a hacker and a Cheater

That is all <3

DurakkenX
Jun 27, 2007, 03:40 AM
First off... People do stalk others...i've had a number of stalkers in game...never bothered me unless they messed with the party and most seem pretty nice and jsut kidding..

second... The guy that was server crashing only got banned because he crashed the server while GMs were on the server...in fact he was almost immediately found and banned, even though he had done it for a week before and months before that he did it. What does this tell us? They can take care of all the hacking and such if they want...they simply don't.

Third... This person Gina perhaps is looking for attention or has a hard time expressing themselves and so does this kind of stuff. They are not always the odd balls you think they are and often are very nice once you talk to them without shutting them out. The trick to not being effected by most of the stuff that plagues these types of situations is not blocking the person out, but rather making them your friend. I have dealt with many people that seem crazy to others and found them perfectly normal more times than not it has to do with somethingabout them out of the norm, but it's almost never because they are are truly a dick or anything like that. I used to RP with one person a lot and they were really good and then they suddenly seemed to go crazy and a lot of people turned their back on the person... but i found out that what had happened was she had some sort of disability where she couldn't formulate correct phrases for some reason and she would use a list of common phrases on the net but her brother deleted the bookmark and it had been a long time since she used the URL so she had gone from being one of the most loved people in the RP world to one of the most disliked all because of something that was not her fault and because she couldn't get across her intention correctly.

Prince_Medion
Jun 27, 2007, 03:47 PM
well im not saying shes weird or anything, just talking about it, i knew some weird ppls before, but i had to be careful, cus they go mad for little reasons, anyway im kinda sad to see there is the same problems on psu like there used to be on psu...well i guess none can really change human behaviour after all.
anyway if anyone would play with me, id be glad, i usualy play betwin 2-6 pm gmt, and 9-11 pm gmt. im level 11, started as a hun but im now training as a fo to be a wartecher, and im having a hard time as a fo on B quests

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 27, 2007, 03:56 PM
When I finished reading a few of these I saw a Gina in the lobby begging for meseta.

"ANYONE HERE PLZ SPARE 3 MIL"

"PLZ"

"PLZ"

I just sorta smirked at the coincidence.