PDA

View Full Version : Crea weapons

D1ABOLIK
Jun 25, 2007, 04:39 AM
I just read on the weapons index on this sight that all crea weapons are only useable by humans and newmans.Can anyone confirm this?

________
RORY BYRNE (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Rory_Byrne)

ashley50
Jun 25, 2007, 04:52 AM
only 7* crea weapons(Saber, Dagger and Sword) are usable by Humans/newmans but the 10* crea Doubles are usable by any race.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-06-25 02:54 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Jun 25, 2007, 05:09 AM
Thats too bad.I just got 7* twin crea daggers but im a beast and they are the only A rank weapon i have.Only level 28.

________
FORD VN PLATFORM HISTORY (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_VN_platform)

Retehi
Jun 25, 2007, 05:12 AM
They suck anyway.

February
Jun 25, 2007, 05:16 AM
It's true. They are weaker than your average A rank.

Realmz
Jun 25, 2007, 06:19 AM
the idea being of course that you can now hit multipul mobs with one swing as a trade off

Ryo_Hayasa
Jun 25, 2007, 07:38 AM
And after grinding them, well they become well, better. and Crea weapons in the grand scheme of A-ranks they're better (for the most part?) Oh and on Multi-section mobs Creas do more damage then 9* A-ranks.
So yeah, I love my Creas still.

Niloklives
Jun 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
most people don't use normal attacks. so its additioanl target is pointless.

Realmz
Jun 25, 2007, 08:13 AM
aww typical hunters spam your skills and hope the forces heal you and the rangers finish off the mobs while you run away from the bartas and megids

VanHalen
Jun 25, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-06-25 05:48, NIloklives wrote:

Doesn't that make most people stupid? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

-Crokar-
Jun 25, 2007, 01:00 PM
what is this normal attack you speak of?

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2007, 01:01 PM
The timed attacks in AoI might make basic attacks more useful.

-Crokar-
Jun 25, 2007, 01:03 PM
having to time attacks sucks. button mashing ftw

ShadowDragon28
Jun 25, 2007, 01:06 PM
I can't wait until AoI, I can then finally attempt to grind all my favorite Crea Weapons up to +10 without fear of the weapon breaking. Hopefully the "wep doesn't break if upgade fails just re-sets current grind to 0" feature will still be in PSU:AoI...

I'd love to see what their stats are at +10; I hope on something like Ryo Creasabra that they will at least be near equal in strength to a 7*~ 8* A rank twin saber *crosses fingers*.

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2007, 01:08 PM
Don't forget to take into account the fact that the grind rates are dropped considerably. Also, if you fail, the max possible grind is reduced by one.

With a set up like that... we wont be losing weapons, but the rarity of a +10 weapon will skyrocket.

JAFO22000
Jun 25, 2007, 01:12 PM
On 2007-06-25 10:57, VanHalen wrote:

Doesn't that make most people stupid? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Yes. And it's probably the biggest reason most hunter classes feel that they are inadequate. They want the "big numbers" from the PA hits, but don't consider that the normal attacks can not only do some damage (many with multiple hits!), but they save your PP AND can be used to setup 2-3 creatures so that you pull aggro on them and can actually hit both of them when you do use your PA.....

Kion
Jun 25, 2007, 01:14 PM
Diabolic, I looked at your sig. The best basic classes can equip is B rank weapons. Once your character becomes advanced class; you'll be able to use crea weapons.
They're surpisingly good. For most single enmies, you wont see much difference, just lower damage because they are weaker. Where they truely shine is large and groups of enemies.

Against large enemies like polavohra, crea weapons pwn. They do multiple damage so they can pull out 170% damage compared to a normal weapons and with PA's it's downright dangerous. And for groups of enemies, you'll see damage taken off from multiple enemies in one swing. Crea weapons effective turn every weapon into a sword but with much faster hits.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 25, 2007, 01:15 PM
I really hope that is not true of the final release of AoI.
IMO That would kind of suck. A+10 grinders are not easy to synth, and player shop prices on A+10 have already skyrocketed.

"Super" Holy Light Fortune (Luck 3) days' grind rate shouldn't be nerfed IMO.

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2007, 01:17 PM
It's the trade off for not breaking anything. I kind of like it.

-Crokar-
Jun 25, 2007, 01:18 PM
the crea weopon have cooler looks as well. like the crea doubles looks awsome even though a night walker can out damage it i'd rather use a toothpick than an oar any day

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 03:55 PM
Out damage? It depends on what you're attacking exactly. That extra hit on multi target mobs can be pretty sick when using Crea Doubles. That thing is also massive, and is the weapon that can hit the most points on a mob in the game.

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2007, 03:59 PM
You know, i've heard this alot... but i've tried it and nightwalkers and crea doubles both only hit 4 targets.

Unless I somehow messed up.

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 04:00 PM
Umm... you somehow messedup. Even a single crea dagger hits multiple targets.

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2007, 04:01 PM
I know that, they all get +1 target.

I've used crea doubles, then used a nightwalker. They both hit 4.

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
Hence the "You messed up" answer.

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2007, 04:04 PM
Go make a video and prove me wrong then.

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 04:06 PM
Hey, you're the one that said 'unless you somehow messed up', and there are already youtube videos of'em out there, plus multiple players with them on both 360 and PS2/PC. Just go find it. I'm at work right now, and don' have access to'em. It'll only take you 2 minutes to find one tho.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
well, I just use my doublesabers against groups of enemies (the regular attack can hit 4... that's what it's designed for!)
so even if I could use other crea weapons on my main, I wouldn't because most of my other melee weapons are for 1 on 1 or big enemies.

oh and crea doubles don't hit another target. I'd know, my most used weapons is my crea doubles ice. It just sometimes seems like it because of how many attacks they do in rapid succession.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-06-25 14:20 ]</font>

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-06-25 14:07, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
well, I just use my doublesabers against groups of enemies (the regular attack can hit 4... that's what it's designed for!)
so even if I could use them on my main, I wouldn't because most of my other melee weapons are for 1 on 1 or big enemies.

THE JACKEL

Umm... k... o.O

Soukosa
Jun 25, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-06-25 11:08, HFlowen wrote:
Also, if you fail, the max possible grind is reduced by one.

They stated they were thinking about doing that and it's not set in stone yet. With something like that, you might as well just break the weapon since eventually it'll just become utterly worthless. If a +10 weapon is too strong, then maybe they shouldn't make it have such great stats at +10? It's not like it takes skill to get a +10 weapon, just luck.

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-06-25 14:16, Sounomi wrote:

They stated they were thinking about doing that and it's not set in stone yet. With something like that, you might as well just break the weapon since eventually it'll just become utterly worthless. If a +10 weapon is too strong, then maybe they shouldn't make it have such great stats at +10? It's not like it takes skill to get a +10 weapon, just luck.

How will it become worthless? Doesn't that just mean that the potential to get a higher grind is lowered?

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2007, 05:04 PM
I just confirmed it with two different Crea Double owners. (I don't own one these days.) They only hit 4 targets.

I dont even think Crea doubles count as a Crea; for a few reasons.

1: It's Kubara
2: It's 10*
3: Any race can use them

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 25, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-06-25 14:22, Lonzell wrote:

How will it become worthless? Doesn't that just mean that the potential to get a higher grind is lowered?

If I'm right when I say this, then it means the max grind could be +1 if your luck is sucky enough

ergo, you have a worthless weapon, as it cannot be grinded to +6~7 or higher

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-06-25 15:06, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

On 2007-06-25 14:22, Lonzell wrote:

If I'm right when I say this, then it means the max grind could be +1 if your luck is sucky enough

ergo, you have a worthless weapon, as it cannot be grinded to +6~7 or higher

Yea but doesn't that mean you have to fail the grind like 9 times with only one sucessful grind on it to get that?

Niloklives
Jun 25, 2007, 05:53 PM
yep and with lowered grind rates that's not too far fetched.

Also there are two kinda of PA spammers. the kinda that use up all their PP in one room attacking single enemies at a time and the kind that maximize every attack and save the normal attacks for when a PA would not be fruitful. which means 1 on 1 with low chances of retaliation (example being a bel pannon). I almost exclusively use PAs, I never run away from my targets, rarely have reason to be healed be it from a nearby force or my mates and only have need to yse 1 or 2 charges in a single run. This is because I know how to solo as my class so I'm very self reliant.

As a person who rarely uses my normal attacks, rarely has use for them and prefers the added effects of their PAs in addition to the greater damage. I can tell you right now, the added hits from crea weapons do not offset the lower damage. and on S2, the only enemies you can getaway with using normal attacks on are te small types. and by then I really hope your best weapon is not a crea A rank.

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 09:02 PM
Most people with that'll prolly have a average of 5 grinds or so per weapon.

Zorafim
Jun 25, 2007, 09:13 PM

This is unconfirmed. I was there. It's an idea, but it's not guaranteed to happen. Stop acting like it is.

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 09:21 PM
Even if that is the case that ain't a big loss. My grinds usually start breaking after 4 - 5. So I grind something to 4 on the first try. My 5th grind is a break. That means I can only grind it up to 9. I try again and the grind is successful, so I have a +6. Then I try again and break it again, so my max grind potential is only at 8. Then I try one more time, break... then one last time, it's successful, and I hit grind 7.

Unless they lower the rate at which your grinds can be sucessful, people'll have a lot of grinded shit.

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-06-25 19:13, Zorafim wrote:

This is unconfirmed. I was there. It's an idea, but it's not guaranteed to happen. Stop acting like it is.

Yea, I'm sure you can tell how I "act" through text messages.

Nothing is confirmed, I'm just going with the data available. Piss off.

XDeviousX
Jun 25, 2007, 09:50 PM
a +10 grinded Creasabra is stronger then a +10 jitseen and has better pp and ata... The othe two Crea sabers aren't far behind a jitseen. Crea weapons are ok. Its not like 100 less atp makes a HUGE damage difference. I still use a 22% earth jitseen on my beast fighgunner at lvl 64 and its damage output is fine. The problem with the crea weapons isn't there atp, it's the atp of the races that use them, plus the crea's lower ungrinded atp as well, but since Crea weapons have varying stats based on the the brand (grm, yohmei, tenora) there will always be 1 that out performs that brand's melee weapon when both are grinded to max, and two that will beat it in one stat. (ata, pp, etc.) but be less potent in the rest.

Also, A Newman fortefighter can get better gear, but a newman fortetecher with a crea weapon can excell since being able to use a 7* melee weapons with a newman fortetecher is an acheivement... A human Pt can also use crea weapons in their pallet since the requirments are close to or even below other 7* weapons depending on the brand of the crea weapon...

Finally, Crea weapons are the only 7* weapons that are cross brands in psu until AOI. There are no oter 7* tenora sabers, or 7* grm daggers, etc. but there is a crea melee weapon for all brands.

All in all I find people just like to complain about them because they do too much "power stat" gaming. These are the same people that would use Lavis Blades instead of a Double Cannon because the Blades "looked" better...

Shardio
Jun 26, 2007, 04:31 AM
Who cares about their stats anyway? They damage enemies, right? Good! Besides, they look awesome! And Looks > Stats anytime.

AweOfShe
Jun 26, 2007, 06:55 AM
On 2007-06-25 10:57, VanHalen wrote:

Yes, it does. And with that said, Creas are extremely situational (as are over half the other god-damned weapons in the game), and great if the player isn't completely abysmal at playing the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Mayu
Jun 26, 2007, 09:23 AM
Crea isn't bad

They aren't really good either

I mean really if you want to hit multiple targets

use the overated double saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-06-26 07:23 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Jun 26, 2007, 09:24 AM

... *ding* What if grinding was a minigame all its own like, uh, A Tale in the Desert type stuff?

Anyway, uh ... I tend only to PA Skill spam when I'm working on leveling them. After that point I tend to mix PA attacks with normal attacks. One thing I like to do is start off with a normal attack and then use my PA.

I'm thinking that the humans and newmans need beefier S-rank versions of the Crea series. Or, maybe even give the Creas an ability to hit an additional target even with PAs?

panzer_unit
Jun 26, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-06-26 07:23, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
Crea isn't bad

use the overated double saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yeah, 'cause everyone's a Fighgunner like that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KiteWolfwood
Jun 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
There is so much love in this thread.

-Crokar-
Jun 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
On 2007-06-26 07:23, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
Crea isn't bad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-06-26 07:23 ]</font>

oh i use the over rated double saber......but even the double saber is situational.

Niloklives
Jun 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
the extra hit of the crea doubles seems to be a myth. so the argument about them is moot until someone can proove otherwise. But what's this? A rare A rank weapon that requires 15 of a rare material when grinded to +10 is slightly more powerful than a storebought 7*? it takes 10 grinds for it to contend in power with another A rank of the same type? how do you justify that? getting 1 to +10 would generally mean 20-30 weapons lost in process. so how much time and energy and money would go into getting this one weapon to do as much damage as a jitseen? that sounds pretty silly to me.

And arguing that looks make the weapon good is childish. use the weapon if you want. just because yu think you look sexy with it doesn't mean its a good weapon. it means you favor it and taht's fine. but don't advocate the weapon as a good alternative to other weapons because power and efficiency are what weapons are being rated on. looks are way more objective.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 26, 2007, 04:58 PM
Moral of the story for me is...giving Humans/Newmans the Crea weapons to offset the Nanoblasts/SUVs is a joke. They suck compared to either of those things.

KamiSori
Jun 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
this is why i have been recommending Sega simply add some crea weapons with decent stats. maybe some S rank creas that are still newman/human exclusive and still hit extra targets. its really not that much to ask.

KidoKresh
Jun 26, 2007, 05:53 PM
If you want a good crea weapon get the Crea Sarba, but you might need to grind it a couple time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kimil
Jun 26, 2007, 05:54 PM
Crea's look cool
... thats about it XD

AweOfShe
Jun 26, 2007, 06:04 PM
On 2007-06-26 14:58, AlphaDragoon wrote:
Moral of the story for me is...giving Humans/Newmans the Crea weapons to offset the Nanoblasts/SUVs is a joke. They suck compared to either of those things.

I don't think they're meant to offset anything. Nanoblasts that isn't Vande Val usually gets people owned if they aren't smart about it, and SUVs.... miss.

Real moral of the story: PSU players should just stop sucking. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mayu
Jun 26, 2007, 06:05 PM
On 2007-06-26 15:54, Kimil wrote:
Crea's look cool
... thats about it XD

So true <.<

DEM_CIG
Jun 26, 2007, 10:10 PM
I have the Alseva Cresa tWIN sabers... there all rite i like my other ones better...

Kimil
Jun 26, 2007, 10:32 PM
My Prediction in AoI

Human/Newman Acrotechers will take advantage of their Class Weapon speed increase of Twin Daggers, and use the Twin Dagger Crea weps' Multi hit
+lvl 50 Shifta and lvl 50 Zalure...
= good melee damage in spite of their lvl 20 Melee PA cap, which they will barely use anyways with the their Speedy, multihitting daggers

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 27, 2007, 03:32 AM
So if a crea weapon's maximum grind winds up being reduced, you may still be better off with those normal weapons. I may need to get myself a +10 seva cresa before AoI, depending on how things go...

Also, you *DO* get one additional hit with a crea saber. Uh, I think. Now I can't remember clearly. I'll tkae a screen when I get around to it.

Also, I think crea swords are useless since wepaons like that need to be able to hit *EVERYTHING* in their path. Alas, they don't.

Korokodo13
Jun 27, 2007, 04:19 AM
I own a huge collection of creas cuz they work no better than other A ranks;

- Aldaga cresa, Twin crea daggers, Ryo-crezashis all grinded 4 times and ice
- crea saber, creasabra, seva cresa all grinded 4 times and ice
- Twin crea saber, Alseva cresa also grinded 4 times and ice
- Soda crea Grinded and ice just like the rest

panzer_unit
Jun 27, 2007, 10:00 AM
so what do you do against non-fire enemies?

Korokodo13
Jun 27, 2007, 02:49 PM
I just use the same Ice weapons just cuz I think the blue and purple photons look the best so I just use Ice and dark on melee weps but I use all my elements on my guns

Syl
Jun 27, 2007, 03:43 PM
On 2007-06-26 20:32, Kimil wrote:
My Prediction in AoI

Human/Newman Acrotechers will take advantage of their Class Weapon speed increase of Twin Daggers, and use the Twin Dagger Crea weps' Multi hit
+lvl 50 Shifta and lvl 50 Zalure...
= good melee damage in spite of their lvl 20 Melee PA cap, which they will barely use anyways with the their Speedy, multihitting daggers

But then you got to take into account the other daggers.

Like uh, 9* ones have much more atp, along with the acro speed and buffs, it may just not make the creas shine <_<

Oh and I heard a loooong time ago that all Kubara melee weapons (such as the Crea Doubles) lose 10% of their atp when using PA's? That might be why my 22% Nightwalkers outdamage my 20% crea dubz in the PA department <.<

KamiSori
Jun 27, 2007, 04:47 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/XkatanasoulX/CITYWOK.png

XDeviousX
Jun 27, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-06-27 14:47, KamiSori wrote:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/XkatanasoulX/CITYWOK.png

LMAO

now that's funny...

Crea weapons aren't horrible, compared to other 7* weapons they aren't too bad, there aren't really many 7 or 8 star weapons as good or better then a 9* weapon, so why do people keep bringing that up? Creas are suppose to be a higher end weapon for lower atp races... (Newman/humans)

Like I said before, for a newman or humnan Fortefighter/fighgunner/wartecher you'll have other options that are better, but for human/newman fortetecher's Protransers or guntechers crea weapons are a decent addition to their pallet. Do I think crea weapons are great and you should kill yourself to get one? No, but if you can get one for a reasonable price or you have the stuff to synth one then you should invest in it.

Niloklives
Jun 27, 2007, 08:24 PM
if creas rather than having additional targets, could stagger everything they hit. the lower attack power just isn't worth it otherwise.

Cz
Jun 27, 2007, 08:28 PM
i havent use a single crea weapons since December of 2006. >_>

Allison_W
Jun 28, 2007, 01:53 AM
I want a Cresaud for the simple fact that it is Pretty Gorgeous Happymaking Incarnate.

Anduril
Jun 28, 2007, 01:56 AM
I use a Seva Cresa and a Creasabra. Not because they are particularly useful, but because they look nice and I always carry at least one Melee weapon despite primarily being a Fortetecher.

darthplagis
Jul 13, 2007, 05:12 AM
well im using crea daggers (both types single and twin) and twin sabers on my human WT, the added hits on mobs more than make up for the lack of ATP boost........ as long as you have a weapon to smack the crap out of the big guys that the crea's dont hurt much (you know rainbow's and stuff) and you play smart dont run in thinking you are gonna wipe out a mob in one combo all the time cos it aint happening.

just one question tho........ what is the point of crea swords/sauds/soda other than lookin swish? is it the extra distance/range?