PDA

View Full Version : Quote Analysis Pt. 2 by Sprky585

sprky585
Jun 25, 2007, 03:50 PM
yep, back by popular demand (three people, that enough), here are 5 more quotes...

1) "E.T. phone home"
- The little fella captured the hearts of millions with his sweet innocence...but once again, this quote was the quote "Misheard 'Round the World"...as we know,E.T. was a horny little fella, and all he was trying to do was show off by saying "E.T. bone gnome" not something about a damn phone, give it up for the little guy!

2) "Four Score and 7 years ago"
- ah, the infamous Emancipation Proclamation, great speech, ended slavery, engraved the legacy of lincoln into our brains...Lincoln was merely trying to tell the world that 8 years ago, he and a couple of his best chums invented Four Square, but we know he had a heavy accent and it sounded like score instead of square, but turns out that black people like to be free more than white people like to play four square

3) "I think, therefore I am"
- Great quote from a humanist during the Renaissance, trying to explain humansism...well since that was about 400 years ago, just like any other story or book passed down the years, interpretations get lost and mistranslated as this one does, see, this guy actually was in quite a bind, he had to choose between the 28" chairiot wheels or the 32" wheels with less suspension, and he actually said "I think, there for I am going with the 32" inch wheels because i need to get my mackin' on

4) "This is one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"
- The infamous Neil Armstrong quote as he stepped out of his lunar landing craft and took his first steps on the moon...what he was actually saying should've been taken literally, as he was giving more of a shoutout than anything else, he got out, took a little step, and then jumped for about 300 yards...so, yeah, he was just reppin earth up there

5) "To be or not to be, that is the question"
- infamous soliloquoy in the book Hamlet, asking why is it such a sin to kill oneself...but Hamlet was actually in a Mideival Fair Outhouse and asking " To pee or not to pee, that is the question" cuz he had to take a dump to and he really was just in a bind and was thinking aloud hoping someone would help his sorry ass, and they didn't, he then proceeded to shit himself

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sprky585 on 2007-06-25 13:55 ]</font>

Tact
Jun 25, 2007, 03:51 PM
Where are the other 2?

AlexCraig
Jun 25, 2007, 03:51 PM
That looks like 3 to me...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 25, 2007, 03:55 PM
give it up for the little guy!
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/tim_vdburg/etmaan.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-06-25 13:56 ]</font>

sprky585
Jun 25, 2007, 03:56 PM
i accidently hit the submit button after 3, so shut the fuck up and just read them, they aren't that great...ya'll give me some quotes to analyze and they'll make it into the next thread

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 25, 2007, 04:05 PM
E.T. should stay inside after he starts drinking. Poor guy can't hold his weight. Looking for love in all the wrong places.

If you'd like to make more even though the topic didn't go as planned I gotcha:

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
-Bob Marley

I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed.
-Mohandas Gandhi

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
-Bill Cosby