PDA

View Full Version : When Real Life Influences to something PSU-related happen...

Akaimizu
Jun 25, 2007, 04:35 PM
This was hard to fit into an existing forum. It is definitely PSU-related, but it's also almost a lounge topic (if it wasn't so specific to newcomers or reintroductions). Anyway......

This weekend was kind of special. The bad was that I was so thinking I was going to get some PSU time in (looking for Puyoment Aura, to get that search out of the way) but it didn't happen.

On the other hand, the real-life equivalent of my main influence behind the setting of my main character's backstory came to Town. Better yet, I took Sunday to go and see it.

What I speak of is the minority-owned Universoul Circus. A very unusual, but very fun circus of which has a similar significance as the Nbareh Six Square Circus that Tynselle's a part of. Except, the owner is named Cedric and not Katlego, they pretty much were the same thing. I had to go see it not because it's good character research (outside of what I read about them), but because I thought it would be fun and unusual.

It was. And I had to laugh that during the first act (like Tynselle's backstory posted here) they actually had involved Tigers in it. They did a bit of an illusion during the carribean section, where people turn into Tigers. Still lots of magic, lots of stunt work. And very much like an African influence, had Audience participation in it. The show was quite long too, even without the audience participation sections. Toni Tone and Zeke were very cool ring leaders and kind of felt like your personal buddy and MC along the way. Still, lots of acts that encompass folk from all over were there, and I highly recommend those to catch it if they can. The dog act, Chinese Bicycle stunts, and *quick change* illusions have to be seen to be believed. It's Hip, it's urban, and it's everything that makes a circus, too. The music is even amongst the most diverse I've ever heard from a circus. They know when to go urban with it, and when to sweep right into music that is so environmental and appropriate for whatever circus scene they want to use. When I imagined the Nbareh Circus, I was thinking very much the same thing. The selection of "Into the Wonderful" as the background main theme was in part due to the reason I was thinking of that same kind of variety. An environment where while traditional songs are abound, that there's room for "today's" urban futuristic music in the fold.

Still, I couldn't help think of the parallels between the history of this and Tynselle's backstory, and the humble start to a bigtime event it's become in short order. To a certain degree, it kind of feels like you're becoming a part of history being there. On the other hand, the way they travel from city to city, my imagination kind of drifted to what Universoul Circus would be like, if they travelled around in ships from planet to planet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-25 14:56 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Jun 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
Well that's quite interesting, actually. A real-life event relating to someone created in-game... very few times has a certain event like that happened to me.

But wow, what a coincidence I have to say. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Jun 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
One time, I didn't pick up my clothes from the dry cleaners because I had 3* luck.

That's about the extent that PSU has affected my real life.

omegapirate2k
Jun 25, 2007, 04:55 PM
I saw Raduga.

Scariest shit I've ever seen.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 25, 2007, 04:57 PM
That must be so cool, plus that circus thing sounds real fun too

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 04:59 PM
You guys need to seriously get laid.

Lonzell
Jun 25, 2007, 04:59 PM
Oh and, Tynselle has GOT to be a RPer. There's no other explination.

DikkyRay
Jun 25, 2007, 05:01 PM
there was a giant pi-
er no, Cant talk about that.

It was funny to me, but i remember seeing a couple at the mall and hearing,
"Hey comeone Karen!"
"Hold on Ethan! I wanna see this shirt!"

I couldnt laugh cause i would look like an idiot because my freinds dont play PSU

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 25, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-06-25 15:01, DikkyRay wrote:
there was a giant pi-

"Hey come on Karen!"

I couldnt laugh cause i would look like an idiot because my freinds dont play PSU

Hopefully that just HAPPENED to be their real names >.>

Akaimizu
Jun 25, 2007, 06:27 PM
On 2007-06-25 14:59, Lonzell wrote:
Oh and, Tynselle has GOT to be a RPer. There's no other explination.

Not new news here. I've been blatantly saying it ever since just after I joined here. Though I also happen to be a RL composer, multi-instrumental musician, entertainer, and writer. And yes, some of those happen to also like videogames. If given the opportunity to make a character and roleplay them is there, of course we'd take the opportunity to do it. It's just that, between various *outside* activities, we don't quite have the time to play as much.

Why, one may ask? Because any of those have the passion of making original things up and doing the research so that things you create can be identified with. Don't let anyone tell you that education isn't paramount. An opportunity to practice your art, is always welcome.

However, being one doesn't mean you can't enjoy someone else's work. Everybody comes to a show to have a good time, and there's nothing wrong with doing just that. It's something I personally learned years ago, when fellow performers used to get into the mindset of being so competitive. So competitive that often enough they forget to come to a show to just enjoy the entertainment in front of them. They came in trying to be so much of a critic that they just let "fun" get away from them. My motto: "Let yourself go and have a great time doing it; because that's what you came there for, in the first place."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-25 16:36 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jun 25, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-06-25 15:17, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

On 2007-06-25 15:01, DikkyRay wrote:
there was a giant pi-

"Hey come on Karen!"

Hopefully that just HAPPENED to be their real names >.>

I heard Karen and i heard Ethan.
What you doubt me?