PDA

View Full Version : The Search for Fate Event (Xbox 360 Servers)

Hitori
Jun 26, 2007, 10:13 AM
Hello again everyone! I'm sure many of you remember our last event, The Great Hunt! Well, we at Fates Hand are back again, with a bigger and better event, the Search for Fate! This event is something that's been in the works for awhile, and is guaranteed to come off well! The idea is this: we've hidden judges across the Gurhal system, and it's your job to find them. The Search will begin on Neudaiz, Universe 30, in front of the Communion of Gurhal Pavillion of Air. I will make a couple opening remarks, and then set you all on your way. How you ask? In this event, you'll be following a series of clues from lobby to lobby, finding each judge in succession. The clues will point to distinctly memorable lobbies, and usually the mission that leads to that lobby. It's then the job of your party to reach the next judge for the next clue. And what about those who will simply camp random lobbies all over Universe 30 with all of their friends? Say no more. None of the lobbies will actually be in Universe 30. Instead, with each clue for the next lobby, you will also be given a number cypher pointing to which Universe the judge is in. It's fairly simple, and I will give you enough information at the opening to solve it yourself. Or you can message me requesting a repeat of the same information. Players of all levels are welcome, although experience of the Gurhal System is definitely to your advantage. Also, a few of the missions may be somewhat difficult even on C rank depending on your level or amount of people in your party. But whether you use Scape Dolls, or just keep running back from the lobby after being incapacitated, keep pushing at it.

As usual a list of the essentials in an easy list:

Date: Saturday, July 14

Time: 10:00 am ( US Pacific, GMT -8 ); 12:00 Noon (US Central, GMT -6); 1:00 pm (US Eastern, GMT -5); 6:00 pm (London); 7:00 pm (Paris)

Opening Location: Neudaiz, Communion of Gurhal Pavillion of Air. Universe 30

Prizes: 1,200,000 meseta. (600,000 for first; 400,000 for second; 200,000 for third) A rank weapons and room decorations to be given to party leaders. They can decide method of ditribution on these.

As with all Fates Hand events, please leave feedback and questions/concerns. We'd like to believe we have all eventualities covered, but that's not always the case. I'll check as often as is possible to respond to any posts. So clear the calenders and spend a Saturday with Fates Hand! If you like what you see, we're always looking for more friendly faces to join in with us!

Stefanhizzle
Jun 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
Awesome!

i will definately be there!

Mr_Confused
Jun 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
Ill come but i know i wont win because all the high levels will do the missions super fast. (and of course they dont even need the prizes, you have no clue how much i need 600,000 meseta and some A ranks)

JAFO22000
Jun 26, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-06-26 08:13, Hitori wrote:
And what about those who will simply camp random lobbies all over Universe 30 with all of their friends? Say no more. None of the lobbies will actually be in Universe 30. Instead, with each clue for the next lobby, you will also be given a number cypher pointing to which Universe the judge is in.

(psst! People will still be able to camp random lobbies all over Universe 30. When someone else figures out which Universe your judge is in, they can just use the crystal to switch universes....)

arceus
Jun 26, 2007, 11:23 AM
I will be there time to get some meseta.

pikachief
Jun 26, 2007, 11:44 AM
i'll join but im gonnna have to re-buy my machine gun..... since at the time i had it i only used it to kill C rank monsters in 1-2 seconds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

(or i can just use my X-bow and kill them all in one sot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Hitori
Jun 26, 2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, players may camp lobbies, but there's not much to do in preventative measures. Most participants in these events are there for the community fun anyway. That and we'll have practiced with this event and have a rough idea of how long each leg should take, even with an instantaneous right guess on the clue.

Everybody keep leaving your ideas/concerns/party planning. More posts means this thread will be noticeable to more people up until the event!

Hitori
Jun 27, 2007, 07:29 PM
Sorry for the double post, but... bump.
Didn't want it to disappear without enough people coming to the event.

gum_on_shoe
Jun 27, 2007, 08:03 PM
How do we get into a team?

TheLOLBandit
Jun 27, 2007, 08:04 PM
hellz yea ill be there with a couple friends

GoDz
Jun 28, 2007, 02:29 AM
yeahh ill try and make it there but can u join random parties or do u need to find a party now....and its only on uni.30???

D1ABOLIK
Jun 28, 2007, 02:35 AM
I will be at work.=(

________
VAPORGENIE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.net/vapor-genie)

Hitori
Jun 28, 2007, 09:58 AM
Teams can be a bunch of good friends, clan players, or if you just want to show up on the day of the event, I'm sure there will be other, non-full parties you can join up with. And the competition will begin in Universe 30, but will continue across a number of other Universes. But finding the right Universe is part of the event aftr opening, so it's included as part of the clue for the next leg of the Search.

burgerman
Jun 28, 2007, 10:15 AM
just one question, how long is the event??

Hitori
Jun 28, 2007, 02:50 PM
The event spans a handful of clues. Each clue will lead you and your party to a different Universe, and through a different series of lobbies. Once you know what lobby the clue is talking about, just head that direction. It shouldn't be more than an hour or two, but I can give you better numbers once we make our dry run with the clan.

Hyda
Jun 29, 2007, 03:05 AM
Sounds like it should be intresting, I attempt my best to attend^^

ANIMEniac
Jun 29, 2007, 03:09 AM
sounds interesting... ill see if i can join ^_^

Hitori
Jun 29, 2007, 09:50 AM
Great, more players! I'll see you all there! (Any more questions anybody? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

burgerman
Jun 29, 2007, 12:21 PM
ima talk to my friends and see if we can pull this thing off , thanks for the oppurtunity

Hitori
Jun 29, 2007, 06:08 PM
Glad to offer it! The community is what's gonna keep PSU alive to Illuminus launch and beyond.

Hitori
Jul 3, 2007, 10:49 AM
Bumping the thread back up, didn't want a bunch of people to miss it. Not as much fun if only a couple parties show up for the event.

Hitori
Jul 8, 2007, 04:30 PM
Just under a week to go! Hope to see a huge turnout!

KidoKresh
Jul 8, 2007, 04:41 PM
and again what servers are u doing this on? PC/PS2? or Xbox 360?

pikachief
Jul 8, 2007, 04:43 PM
it says in the title -_-

Hitori
Jul 8, 2007, 06:30 PM
Aye, we're on the 360 Servers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hitori
Jul 14, 2007, 05:24 PM
The Search is over! All of the judges have been found! If we thought that the Hunt was a smash, the Search really went above and beyond its call! We had so many competitors we affected the star count of Universe 30 at the opening ceremony, and lagged out one of the judges in attendance. Bet ya never heard of Universe 30 having bad lag! Despite a somewhat over-eager start (I was sure half the players missed the cipher-code for the first Universe), everyone caught onto the game very quickly, finishing in around two hours. Their route took them from the re-furbished Neudaiz main lobby, inside the lair of De Ragnus, into the depths of a desert canyon Oasis, over the peaks of Onmagoug's nest, through frigid, Moatoob mountain air, and finally back to me, waiting behind the shadow of Dulk Fakis in the observatory.

The pictures of the Event and the winning teams are at http://www.fateshandclan.com/psu.htm
Enjoy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hitori on 2007-07-14 15:24 ]</font>