PDA

View Full Version : Widget

Kuya
Jun 27, 2007, 02:57 PM
I've seen or heard about Yahoo widgets for other online games (WoW and EvE I believe). Does anyone know of a work in progress or one that's out already? Or would game guard totally just make that not possible? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Deus-Irae
Jun 27, 2007, 03:19 PM
a widget to do what exactly?

Garnet_Moon
Jun 27, 2007, 09:08 PM
How about we not support being lazy and actually take the time to load a browser to check the info we want... crazy idea, I know...

omegapirate2k
Jun 27, 2007, 10:33 PM
Google is better than yahoo anyway.

vfloresjr24
Jun 27, 2007, 10:53 PM
What? A midget?!?!? THEY ARE NOT FREAKIN MIDGETS!!! (Sorry I had to just do that, I feel better now.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vfloresjr24 on 2007-06-27 20:54 ]</font>

Retehi
Jun 27, 2007, 10:56 PM
. . . And to answer your question, no. I haven't seen anything of the sort for PSU. But knowing Game Guard, it probably halted people's attempts. :/

A2K
Jun 28, 2007, 12:37 AM
Widgets displaying in-game information like that don't seem to be possible, not because of GameGuard (as that deals primarily with the game client) but because there really isn't any way to get at the information those things pull from the web somehow--it's all isolated on the game servers.

Unlike the games you mentioned, you can't log onto the official PSU site and view character information and whatnot. The only things managed on the web side is billing, and that's really of no use.

The only exception that comes to mind is the XML data spit out by the game servers for special events like the Operation Firebreak, the Famitsu Cup leaderboards, etc., since that's all public.