PDA

View Full Version : A little Illuminus Q&A from Famitsu Connect!On

EspioKaos
Jun 27, 2007, 05:39 PM
The August edition of Famitsu's online gaming magazine Connect!On went on sale today in Japan. Included in this issue is a Q&A session to give fans an update on what's going on with Ambition of the Illuminus. I haven't been able to find an actual scan just yet, so this information comes from Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/070627a.html).

Q01: Will enemy parameters be weakened when playing solo?
A01: They will not.

Q02: Will the Photon Fortune/Holy Light system be modified?
A02: It will not.

Q03: Will Club Commune be open from now one?
A03: Following the end of the Famitsu Cup, the club will remain open.

Q04: Will there be any new weapons aside from the Photon Whip and Slicer?
A04: The only new weapon families are Photon Whip, Slicer, Madoog and Shadoog.

Q05: What will the maximum character level cap in Ambition of the Illuminus be?
A05: We are planning on the cap being lv.200; increases will be released periodically.

Q06: Will there be any new types aside from Acrofighter and Acrotecher?
A06: Possibly.

Q07: Will and future "collaboration events" such as the Famitsu Cup be held?
A07: We plan on doing events like this periodically.

Q08: What about the capacity of your PM's storage and your common box?
A08: An increase...? Maybe.

Q09: Anything else on data transfer into Ambition of the Illuminus?
A09: Your offline extra mode data will transfer.

Q10: Any chance of another Ambition of the Illuminus network trial?
A10: It's possible, but we aren't planning another trial.

Q11: Any information on how the current PSU players will interact with Ambition of the Illuminus players?
A11: Everyone will still be able to play together, however players in the base game will not be able to access exclusive Ambition of the Illuminus content.

--

OK, discuss!

VanHalen
Jun 27, 2007, 05:42 PM
I like.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 27, 2007, 05:45 PM
GunFighter,

Here we GO!

JAFO22000
Jun 27, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-06-27 15:39, EspioKaos wrote:

Q05: What will the maximum character level cap in Ambition of the Illuminus be?
A05: We are planning on the cap being lv.200; increases will be released periodically.

As I suspected, we will probably cap at 100 in PSU, then be able to get to 200 max in AoI

Q06: Will there be any new types aside from Acrofighter and Acrotecher?

Acrotranser???!!!

Q08: What about the capacity of your PM's storage and your common box?
A08: An increase...? Maybe.

This would be nice. The common box moreso than the PM storage.

Q09: Anything else on data transfer into Ambition of the Illuminus?
A09: Your offline extra mode data will transfer.

I haven't kept up on the extra mode for AoI, but this pretty much confirms that there will be some sort of expansion for this mode as well.

Q10: Any chance of another Ambition of the Illuminus network trial?
A10: It's possible, but we aren't planning another trial.

I assume the interviewer was only asking the question for Japan. I would hope that another "beta" or "demo" will appear for NA/EU servers as I felt the demo before PSU brought in a lot of players who otherwise would not have played the game.

BTW, thanks for the update Espio!

Kimil
Jun 27, 2007, 05:51 PM
Warwhitemage?! =O

Golto
Jun 27, 2007, 05:52 PM
Too bad no questions like: Will there be mission rank difficulties higher than S2? and Equipment 13*+ will have the S2 icon?

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
Oh, I really hope they will include new classes. I don't feel that they did enough with the classes they did, and I still don't think I can fully express my choice in jobs with the classes they have now.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 27, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-06-27 15:48, JAFO22000 wrote:
As I suspected, we will probably cap at 100 in PSU, then be able to get to 200 max in AoI
My opinion is that there will still be some additions to PSU current during PSU AoI and their updates.

So we all might be lvl 200 together, but PSU current will have to sit through De Ragan S5 or something close.

JAFO22000
Jun 27, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-06-27 15:56, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

My opinion is that there will still be some additions to PSU current during PSU AoI and their updates.

So we all might be lvl 200 together, but PSU current will have to sit through De Ragan S5 or something close.

Another definite possibility!

Mewn
Jun 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
I was hoping for some kind of solo mode, but eh. A balance may yet be struck, given that AoI should make our characters that much more powerful.

The level 200 cap is interesting, makes me wonder just how high the missions go, and how powerful the rares will get. Should be interesting.

All in all, nice find, as usual, Espio.

Kimil
Jun 27, 2007, 06:16 PM
Hmm... I don't think we will be getting any new expert classes... my bet is the current Expert Classes will branch off into 'Master' Classes. Here's some ideas

Fortefighter Branches ( Very General )

Clawfighter - fF 10, FG 5, WT 3, AF 3
- A high tier of fortefighter that specializes in Claws.
- Higher ACC and EVA than fortefighter, lower DEF and HP
- Lvl 50 Claw and Twin Claw PA limit, lvl 40 for other Melee, lvl 30 Bullets (for handgun with Single Claw)
- Same Acces to S rank Weapons as fF, but Handgun is now S rank for use with Single Claw only. Loses all other A rank access.

Bracefighter - fF 10, FG 3, WT 5, AF 3
- A high tier of fortefighter that specializes in Knuckles and Spears.
- Higher DEF and HP than fortefighter, lower ATP
- Lvl 50 Knuckles and Spear PA limit, lvl 40 for other Melee, lvl 20 Bullets
- Same Acces to S rank Weapons as fF, Loses all other A rank access other than basic handgun.

Frontfighter - fF 10, FG 3, WT 3, AF 5
- A high tier of fortefighter that specializes in Axe and Sword.
- Higher ATP than fortefighter, lower ACC and EVA
- Lvl 50 Axe and Sword PA limit, lvl 40 for other Melee, lvl 20 Bullets
- Same Acces to S rank Weapons as fF, Loses all other A rank access other than basic handgun.

Wartecher Branches ( Very Specific )

Fightecher - WT 10, FG 10, fF 3
- A combination of Wartecher and Figunner that specializes in Daggers.
- Higher ATP and ACC than Wartecher, lower MST and TP. Gains use of Traps. Loses use of techiques other than Light and Dark
- Higher MST, TP and EVA than Figunner, Lower ACC. Gains use of only Light and Dark Techniques
- Lvl 50 Dagger and Twin Dagger PA limit, lvl 30 bullets, lvl 30 Support/attack Techniques ( Light and Dark only )
- S Rank Dagger, Twin Dagger
- A Rank MAG, Bow, Handgun

Um, I'll finish this later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 27, 2007, 06:17 PM
It just makes me wonder if I should synth any of these 9* Armor boards I currently have in my PM.

What's the point of making Monomates out of them when I can make Monomates out of the higher ones we'll be getting soon...

EspioKaos
Jun 27, 2007, 06:34 PM
I haven't kept up on the extra mode for AoI, but this pretty much confirms that there will be some sort of expansion for this mode as well.
Funny thing about that is that an extra mode or offline mode hasn't been made official until now. (I guess it's official now?) But, if it's anything like offline story mode in the base game, perhaps since we're playing Ep.II online right now, Ep.III will be offline Ambition (play as Laia?), and then online story mode in Ambition will be Ep.IV (where you play as your own character)?

BTW, thanks for the update Espio!

My pleasure. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lamak
Jun 27, 2007, 06:44 PM
Sounds good.

Allison_W
Jun 27, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-06-27 15:51, Kimil wrote:
Warwhitemage?! =O

DEMAND'D. GO GO PALADIN!

Golto
Jun 27, 2007, 06:50 PM
There was info about offline mode before. Remember it said you no longer play as Ethan, you play as a character that you create.

Zeota
Jun 27, 2007, 08:03 PM
Too bad it lacked the one thing we wanted most... just when this thing's comin' out. Perhaps this brings some truth to IGN saying September for Japan.

orz

Niloklives
Jun 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
the way I made sense out of the "you" in the opening movie, story mode and extra mode were basically going to be merged. Think of it like played a better developed version of only story mode.

That's how I always thought it was going to be, so saying that extra mode will be ported over just makes be happy to know that my already developed characters will gave me a slight edge in AoI offline story mode.

But I may be completely off.

TheLOLBandit
Jun 27, 2007, 08:09 PM
[b]Q06: Will there be any new types aside from Acrofighter and Acrotecher?

acrogunner ?!

Niloklives
Jun 27, 2007, 08:16 PM
actually I wouldn't be suprised if we saw a few master classes in there...we'll see what happens though.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 27, 2007, 08:23 PM
I personally don't want Master Classes though... that'd make my class choice very annoying to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif If I want S rank daggers, sabers, mags, pistols, cards, and whatnot, then I want AcroTecher. But what if a master class doesn't have that...? ;_;

Soukosa
Jun 27, 2007, 08:38 PM
On 2007-06-27 15:56, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

There's the possiblity that the base stats are stored with the client and thus is why many certain stat boosts don't show up (such as buffs). In such a case, this version would be stuck at lv 100 like they had planned to have it at.

I also doubt that they would continue to update the current version past AoI. Kinda kills at least some incentive to get the expansion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

They did mention rebalancing the current missions though and I'm sure that would apply to the current version. Possibly making the ranks follow how they were on the AoI beta where A rank was lv 50+ enemies and most of the S ranks were higher than many S2 rank missions we have now.

I don't know why you people would want more ranks past S2. It'd just be the same over and over only with faster enemies... They could just make a new mission that's harder and has higher enemies.

Niloklives
Jun 27, 2007, 08:38 PM
I can't see why it wouldn't.

It's been uncovered that we'l see 15* weapons...possibly higher. I think the master classes may get access to S/S2 as opposed to A/S....something like that. so no worries about it if it happens. I really don't know. this is all speculation as of now.

Shou
Jun 27, 2007, 08:41 PM
On 2007-06-27 15:45, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
GunFighter,

Here we GO!

dont you mean acrogunners?

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2007, 09:00 PM
We already have acrogunner. What we need is hulkgunner.

TheLOLBandit
Jun 27, 2007, 09:06 PM
On 2007-06-27 19:00, Zorafim wrote:
We already have acrogunner. What we need is hulkgunner.

we do...woah now im lost

Golto
Jun 27, 2007, 09:13 PM
Gunslinger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Allison_W
Jun 27, 2007, 09:57 PM
The class they don't want you to know about is:

Bruce Campbell
Weapon Access: S-rank shotguns, A-rank swords (Chainsawd only).
Stat mods at L10: All 1000%
PA caps: Melee 50, Bullets 50, Techs --
Special Ability: Can equip shotguns in the left hand and Chainsawd in the right.
Later updates add ability to equip knuckles in place of Chainsawd.

pionear
Jun 27, 2007, 10:52 PM
MAster Classes would be cool...Like you can mix and match S-S2 Rank Weapons and Armour.

And no more 'Arco' types please....That 'Arco' title is lame as hell.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 27, 2007, 10:56 PM
Great just what we need. Separate what weapons classes can use even more. Its bad enough if I am a Fortefighter I don't get access to all my melee weapons and some of the ones I do get are only A.

Dhylec
Jun 27, 2007, 10:57 PM
On 2007-06-27 20:52, pionear wrote:
And no more 'Arco' types please....That 'Arco' title is lame as hell.

Actually, it's 'Acro', as in top or height. ;]

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2007, 11:06 PM
What's an arco?

Niered
Jun 27, 2007, 11:13 PM
Acrogunners please? I want my newman fortegunner to be able to laugh in the face of his CAST counterparts, not doggedly watch them tear apart his mobs.

Actually, thats not entirely true, an acrogunner class might be cool, but if we dont get one, no worries. Realistically there are probably more interesting class possibilities.

Interesting stuff, and definitely makes me more antsy for this to come out already.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 27, 2007, 11:39 PM
I hate to admit it, but I thought that level 100 would be the cap, and level 20 jobs would determine total stats.

Certain other posters seemed quite sure this was not the case and they were right and I was wrong.

:-/

Nai_Calus
Jun 27, 2007, 11:42 PM
Didn't that say, though, that the weapon classes we know about will be the only new ones?

So please, explain to me, exactly how the *hell* an Acrogunner would even *work*?

OK, Acrotecher, single-handed melee weapons paired with Madoogs, for the most part. Acrofighter, single-handed melee weapons paired with Shadoogs.

Name me *one* single-handed gun that's used in the *right* hand. I'm waiting. Oh wait, there aren't any.

So exactly what would an Acrogunner use? What would it do that isn't already done by another class? Srsly.

Perhaps some other kind of gunner class, but considering what we know about Acrofighters and Acrotechers... Yeah, an Acrogunner isn't going to work.

(Can I be Lou's hax0r class that can use Rods, Rifles and Double Sabers?)

Sekani
Jun 28, 2007, 01:23 AM
On 2007-06-27 21:42, Ian-KunX wrote:

(Can I be Lou's hax0r class that can use Rods, Rifles and Double Sabers?)

Acrotranser?

Serephim
Jun 28, 2007, 01:29 AM
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CHALLENGE MODE

Allison_W
Jun 28, 2007, 01:46 AM
On 2007-06-27 23:29, Serephim wrote:
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CHALLENGE MODE

It's in the same place as the Acrotranser, the FOmar/l, and the Relic Gun.

Jinto117
Jun 28, 2007, 05:40 AM
Would be kinda of cool if there was a trap pallet.

A2K
Jun 28, 2007, 05:41 AM
On 2007-06-27 16:34, EspioKaos wrote:

Funny thing about that is that an extra mode or offline mode hasn't been made official until now. (I guess it's official now?) But, if it's anything like offline story mode in the base game, perhaps since we're playing Ep.II online right now, Ep.III will be offline Ambition (play as Laia?), and then online story mode in Ambition will be Ep.IV (where you play as your own character)?

Hmm, I think the implication here might be that your custom created extra mode character would in fact become your main character for AotI's Story Mode. At least, that's the impression I get when you combine this with what's posted on the official US site's "The user’s personal avatar is the star" bullet point.

If that was the case, what's not made clear here is whether there would be adjustments made to your extra mode character in the transition (level reset or enemy scaling for the new AotI content, etc.).

This is all just speculation, of course.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 28, 2007, 06:18 AM
I would much prefer if the level cap of PSU current stays at 100, and not get any higher, it only makes more sense. I don't want to be level 200 before AoI, and besides, it'll be like a year before they put the cap to 200.

Kimil
Jun 28, 2007, 06:51 AM
On 2007-06-27 16:16, Kimil wrote:
Hmm... I don't think we will be getting any new expert classes... my bet is the current Expert Classes will branch off into 'Master' Classes. Here's some ideas

Fortefighter Branches ( Very General )

Clawfighter - fF 10, FG 5, WT 3, AF 3
- A high tier of fortefighter that specializes in Claws.
- Higher ACC and EVA than fortefighter, lower DEF and HP
- Lvl 50 Claw and Twin Claw PA limit, lvl 40 for other Melee, lvl 30 Bullets (for handgun with Single Claw)
- Same Acces to S rank Weapons as fF, but Handgun is now S rank for use with Single Claw only. Loses all other A rank access.

Bracefighter - fF 10, FG 3, WT 5, AF 3
- A high tier of fortefighter that specializes in Knuckles and Spears.
- Higher DEF and HP than fortefighter, lower ATP
- Lvl 50 Knuckles and Spear PA limit, lvl 40 for other Melee, lvl 20 Bullets

Frontfighter - fF 10, FG 3, WT 3, AF 5
- A high tier of fortefighter that specializes in Axe and Sword.
- Higher ATP than fortefighter, lower ACC and EVA
- Lvl 50 Axe and Sword PA limit, lvl 40 for other Melee, lvl 20 Bullets

Wartecher Branches ( Very Specific )

- Higher ATP and ACC than Wartecher, lower MST and TP. Gains use of Traps. Loses use of techiques other than Light and Dark
- Higher MST, TP and EVA than Figunner, Lower ACC. Gains use of only Light and Dark Techniques
- Lvl 50 Dagger and Twin Dagger PA limit, lvl 30 bullets, lvl 30 Support/attack Techniques ( Light and Dark only )

Um, I'll finish this later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Here goes some more

Warlordtecher - WT 10, fF 5, fT 5
- A high tier of Wartecher.
- Higher All Stats higher than Wartecher
- Lvl 30 Limit on all PA categories
- Same Weapon Acces as Wartecher, S rank Madoogs enabled

WarAcrot - WT 10, AT 10, fT 3
- A combination of Wartecher and Acrotecher that specializes in single Daggers and Madoogs
- Higher TP and MST than Wartecher, lower DEF ATP. Gains Single Dagger speed boost.
- Higher ATP, HP and DEF than Acrotecher, Lower TP and MST. Loses Twin Dagger Speed boost but gain Single Dagger speed boost
- Lvl 40 Single Dagger PA limit, lvl 30 bullets, lvl 40 Support/attack Techniques
- S Rank Dagger, Madoog
- A Rank Bow, Handgun, Wand

Figunner Branches

Saberfighter - FG 10, AF 5, fF 5
- A higher tier of Figunner that specializes in Sabers.
- Higher ATP, ACC, HP than Figunner, lower MST, DEF and EVA.
- Lvl 50 Limit on Double Sabbers, Twin Sabers and Saber, lvl 40 for other melee and lvl 30 for basic handgun.
- S Rank Doublesabers, Twin Sabers, Saber
- A Rank Twin Dagger, Dagger, Handgun

Acrogunner - FG 8, GT 8, AT 3, AF 3
- A combination of Guntecher and Figunner that specializes in Twin Handguns.
- Higher MST and EVA than Figunner, lower ATP and ACC. Gains Speed boost with Twin Hnadguns
- Higher ATP, DEF and HP than Guntecher, Lower MST. Gains Speed Boost with Twin Handguns. Looses Teching ability
- Lvl 50 Twin Handgun Bullets, lvl 40 for other Bullets, lvl 30 Skills
- S Rank Twin Handguns, Handgun, Saber, Dagger
- A Rank Mech, Crossbow, Card

Neith
Jun 28, 2007, 07:03 AM
Lv200?

Done it once, I'm sure I can do it again >_> http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 28, 2007, 07:37 AM
Yeah, 200 would be great for AoI, but I think [and hope] that it won't go past 100 for current.

zandra117
Jun 28, 2007, 08:43 AM
Since AoI is gonna be a download for us 360 users I think PSU extra mode will become AOI story mode.

Story Mode = Episode 1
Online Mode = Episode 2 and 4
Extra Mode = Episode 3

GutsGO
Jun 28, 2007, 01:26 PM
If you can bring your extra mode character online, does that mean we can also take our online character and keep him in extra mode?

Since, well....when the day comes that SEGA shuts down the PSU servers, I would love to keep my character. I can't wait til we get confirmation on how this works.

Possible downside to bringing offline characters to online would be cheating, correct? People could very well create some illegitimate items and bring em online, unless SEGA builds a screen that picks that stuff out. I hope I'm wrong about this though, don't need another PSO on our hands.

Anduril
Jun 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-06-28 11:26, GutsGO wrote:
If you can bring your extra mode character online, does that mean we can also take our online character and keep him in extra mode?

Since, well....when the day comes that SEGA shuts down the PSU servers, I would love to keep my character. I can't wait til we get confirmation on how this works.

Possible downside to bringing offline characters to online would be cheating, correct? People could very well create some illegitimate items and bring em online, unless SEGA builds a screen that picks that stuff out. I hope I'm wrong about this though, don't need another PSO on our hands.

I don't think that's what it implies. I pretty sure it means that your Extra mode character will transfer to the new AoI offline story mode.

GutsGO
Jun 28, 2007, 01:39 PM
Yea, its so vaque its anyones guess. If I were to guess I'd say indeed, it be Offline transfers to Offline only.

But one of the big complaints with PSU was you couldn't use your offline character online, so with PSU: AoI, one would hope SEGA would change that since in the eyes of many, it was a mistake.

*Wishful thinking that SEGA corrects a mistake

natewifi
Jun 28, 2007, 01:45 PM
Omg dumb interviewer, there are so many more questions to be asked.

--
Mod edit: let's keep the potty-mouthed stuff elsewhere please

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-06-28 12:17 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Jun 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
Looking good to me. Pre-PSU we only knew about HU/RA/FO (as far as I know). Pre-AoI we only know about AF and AT. I could see more possibilities, but I'm not too worried about it.

200 cap seems nice, but I'm not sure why people think we'll be 200 before AoI. 100 definitely looks like the cap for PSU. JP are 90 and still have a few updates left until we get a new tier or the expansion.

S rank missions definitely need to be the 80-100+ ones. It doesn't make sense that we get As in S ranks and S ranks in S2 ranks. I agree that that should be fixed. However, at the game's first release the C-A with S rank addition (as far as missions were concerned) worked out pretty well.

Anyone who thinks that ST was going to reveal more about the expansion than this is fooling themselves. Anticipation is key in getting your fans to become more interested in purchasing your game.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 28, 2007, 02:08 PM
Can you be a little less rude about things? Sheesh. Well, they're already fixing things up as it is, and katana type weapons aren't gonna be made, so I just hope they put Twin Sabers that look as close to katanas as possible, by that I mean the shape of the photon blade and the handle and such. Now, back on topic,

RegulusHikari
Jun 28, 2007, 02:10 PM
Natewifi? Oh, I just skip over any post that has his name/avatar next to it. I'm here to read messages by informed, respectable posters.

Edit: And my spelling is horrible. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2007-06-28 12:50 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 02:24 PM
On 2007-06-28 11:39, GutsGO wrote:
Yea, its so vaque its anyones guess. If I were to guess I'd say indeed, it be Offline transfers to Offline only.

But one of the big complaints with PSU was you couldn't use your offline character online, so with PSU: AoI, one would hope SEGA would change that since in the eyes of many, it was a mistake.

Keeping offline characters offline was not a "mistake", but an intentional action in an attempt to prevent hacking online.

I feel that the ability to transfer your offline extra mode character to AoI means that there will be an extra mode update for those offline.

As for "using your character in the offline story mode", I'm not sure how they are planning to make this work. If you gain levels in the offline mode, will it show up in the online mode? What level will your character start at? What about items your character starts offline?

Usually RPG games have a level progression system, but if your character is already capped, how will it play? You would ease through a majority of the missions in the game and it would become a bore to play if you weren't into the story.

Lamak
Jun 28, 2007, 02:27 PM
I kinda hope they work the offline character thing like on Monster Hunter. You could play the story offline. And gain materials to make weapons/armors. And gain money and so on. Then you could go online and all the stuff with transfer. But then people hacked offline and said they got it legit. -_-

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 02:35 PM
OK, stop. They are NOT going to allow you to take things you find offline to the online game. NOT going to happen. Hacking is the ONLY reason they are not allowing this. It's not even worth it to talk about something like this.

Lamak
Jun 28, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-06-28 12:35, JAFO22000 wrote:
OK, stop. They are NOT going to allow you to take things you find offline to the online game. NOT going to happen. Hacking is the ONLY reason they are not allowing this. It's not even worth it to talk about something like this.

wat

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 28, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-06-28 12:10, RegulusHikari wrote:
Natewifi? Oh, I just skip over any post that has his name/avatar next to it. I'm hear to read messages by informed, respectable posters.

Yeah, true.

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 02:45 PM
Let me rephrase:

Discussing whether or not ST will allow your offline character to be used online as well is fruitless because it is not going to happen.

GutsGO
Jun 28, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-06-28 12:24, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-06-28 11:39, GutsGO wrote:

Keeping offline characters offline was not a "mistake", but an intentional action in an attempt to prevent hacking online.

Yea I said the same thing in my previous post about the cheating offline would ruin online. I like this safeguard being there, but as I said, others did not like the fact you couldn't play your character online and off. So if SEGA could prevent the illegitimate items from entering online, they could allow users to transfer the character back and forth from online to offline.

Lamak
Jun 28, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-06-28 12:45, JAFO22000 wrote:
Let me rephrase:

Discussing whether or not ST will allow your offline character to be used online as well is fruitless because it is not going to happen.

Proof plox. Lol who knows.

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 02:55 PM
Is there a reason to play offline? I mean, in PSO you could play offline, but wasn't it the exact same thing as the online content? You were just playing the online mode offline, right?

What is it about playing offline, then transferring the data online that appeals to people? Is it REALLY that huge of a difference that you have to now sign on to solo?

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-06-28 12:10, RegulusHikari wrote:
Natewifi? Oh, I just skip over any post that has his name/avatar next to it. I'm here to read messages by informed, respectable posters.

Oh, so I'm not the only one.

pikachief
Jun 28, 2007, 02:59 PM
ACROGUNNER!!

twin claws would work for their quick two handed weapon!

Twin claws
single claws
Pistols
twin pistols
crossbows
shadoogs
slicers
Single daggers
kikami
wand

cuz we have no acrogunner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anduril
Jun 28, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-06-28 12:55, JAFO22000 wrote:
Is there a reason to play offline? I mean, in PSO you could play offline, but wasn't it the exact same thing as the online content? You were just playing the online mode offline, right?

What is it about playing offline, then transferring the data online that appeals to people? Is it REALLY that huge of a difference that you have to now sign on to solo?

For some the appeal of offline/online swapping is that when you cancel your online subscription, or something along the same lines, you don't have to worry about losing your character and time you can use to play, just because you can't get online.
I feel this somewhat, but I do like the fact that it is harder, though not impossible, for people to cheat and hack, so I do hope that they won't link off/on until they can find a permenant solution(I'm not holding my breath though).
{Sorry if what I wrote is a bit confusing, I couldn't really express what I meant to say properly}

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2007, 03:02 PM
Acro classes are more agile versions of their normal classes. Acrofighter is an agile fortefighter, and acrotecher is an agile fortetecher. ST makes characters agile by boosting their ata and evp, as well as giving them quick weapons.
That being said, I don't quite think that making a fortegunner with boosted ata and evp will be such a smart idea.

GutsGO
Jun 28, 2007, 03:05 PM

Really, for me....it's for when the PSU servers ultimately shut-down, and I can mess around with my character that I worked on for so many years.

Another reason, which I did on PSO and wouldn't mind doing....is playing offline when either:

A. My internet's down and I have the itch to rare hunt or grab a quick level.

B. The servers are down, same reasoning.

C. For new players or someone that is using a class for the first time, its a lot easier to run through some offline to get used to the game and/or class (FO primarily) so when you go online you aren't overwelhmed and have a clue of what's going on. (Since most people do this to begin with, why not let us keep the EXP and weps we obtain offline so we aren't powerless once we get online).

**EDIT: Agree totally with Anduril, never thought of looking at it like that as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GutsGO on 2007-06-28 13:09 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-06-28 13:00, Anduril wrote:
For some the appeal of offline/online swapping is that when you cancel your online subscription, or something along the same lines, you don't have to worry about losing your character and time you can use to play, just because you can't get online.
I feel this somewhat, but I do like the fact that it is harder, though not impossible, for people to cheat and hack, so I do hope that they won't link off/on until they can find a permenant solution(I'm not holding my breath though).
{Sorry if what I wrote is a bit confusing, I couldn't really express what I meant to say properly}

Your reply is perfectly understandable!

So, some people want offline and online to be interchangeable so that they can choose the months that they pay for the online service. I never thought about this reason, but that just makes all the more reason ST would not allow this to happen. Looks like the reason is NOT just the hacking, but possible income lost by allowing people to play offline with thier online character.

D1ABOLIK
Jun 28, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-06-28 13:00, Anduril wrote:

BINGO! Thats the whole reason right there.Online characters are saved server side.If they were saved on our drives it would be a different story.

________
Washington Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

SolomonGrundy
Jun 28, 2007, 03:10 PM
people talk about a Gunfighter all the time. this Could be acrogunner. No access to Rifles/LCs/GLs, no pp reductions, great stats, access to level 40 bullets, and level 30 skills, VERY limited choice of melee weapons.

Akaimizu
Jun 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
From what I remember, in another thread, someone mentioned the new FiGunner being treated as a GunFighter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

McLaughlin
Jun 28, 2007, 03:25 PM
Name me *one* single-handed gun that's used in the *right* hand. I'm waiting. Oh wait, there aren't any.

I think you meant *left* instead, because both Machine guns and Handguns are held in the right hand.

Both Acrotecher and Acrofighter have ranged weaponry at their disposal. Acrogunner would end up being (besides weaponless due to a total lack of left-handed guns) just an overlap of the other two. A very bad one.

As for Warwhitemage, I think the word you were looking for was Paladin. (Or Red Mage I suppose...)

Gib Paladin pl0x.

Anduril
Jun 28, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-06-28 13:25, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

I think you meant *left* instead, because both Machine guns and Handguns are held in the right hand.

No He's right, there are no right handed guns. They are the left set with a one handed blade or wand.

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2007, 03:29 PM

Wait, what?

Gib Paladin pl0x.

yes pl0x

McLaughlin
Jun 28, 2007, 03:39 PM
Erm...maybe I have the hands backwards...? I haven't played PSU in a while so...>_>

Gib Paladin pl0x!

LS_Aksion
Jun 28, 2007, 07:51 PM
Wish we can have like 5 versions of the same weapon, it'll be "diffrent" than just seeing the same weapon huh?

WarTecher is Paladin/Preist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niloklives
Jun 28, 2007, 08:45 PM
here's an Idea as far as offline play: save dumping. basically you can take an online character offline, but not vice versa. in the case that you want to took with your character or your subscription will be up soon and you can't renew for a while....or something to that note.

I mean I don't see why they can't get it to go the otherway too, but the offline save would be seperate from the server save and if you wanted to update the server save it would have to go through a bunch of filters. checking money, time, weapons, exp. if any of that stuff didn't pass, the server save wouldn't be updated.

Finally, you couldn't do this on a regular basis. like once a week or something to keep the server load down and so that people wouldn't try to take advantage of it somehow....just thinking outloud really atm.

Niered
Jun 28, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-06-28 18:45, NIloklives wrote:
here's an Idea as far as offline play: save dumping. basically you can take an online character offline, but not vice versa. in the case that you want to took with your character or your subscription will be up soon and you can't renew for a while....or something to that note.

I mean I don't see why they can't get it to go the otherway too, but the offline save would be seperate from the server save and if you wanted to update the server save it would have to go through a bunch of filters. checking money, time, weapons, exp. if any of that stuff didn't pass, the server save wouldn't be updated.

Finally, you couldn't do this on a regular basis. like once a week or something to keep the server load down and so that people wouldn't try to take advantage of it somehow....just thinking outloud really atm.

Dungeon Siege 2 had a similar system, worked wonderfully.

I dont see why they shouldnt put something like that in!