PDA

View Full Version : Essential Fortetecher TECHS

Nanoframe
Jun 27, 2007, 06:02 PM
Just recently turned my human male into fortetecher
and need to know the must have techs in limited room I have.

so far I have:
shifta lv 14
dambarta lv 5
zalure lv 3
resta lv 4
megid lv 6

I may be able to free up some room for another 5 techs or so, what should I get?
my main focus if to get the most tech killing power for all elements. right now im by the recharge cube getting my shifta to 30

what advice you have?

haruna
Jun 27, 2007, 06:11 PM
Foie, Diga and Gizonde would be nice additions.

ThEoRy
Jun 27, 2007, 06:23 PM
Tech killing power you say?
Then u need Retier.
Also Ra techs are your friend...
I would even suggest nosdiga as well.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 27, 2007, 06:25 PM
foie
barta/dambarta
Diga/nosdiga (i have yet to use nosdiga but i hear it's really good)

so far i can think of those for the sheer tech power

barta gets stronger than rabarta at high enough levels iirc

Nanoframe
Jun 27, 2007, 06:38 PM
Gi spells arent stronger than Ra? shifta dont affect spell power at all? only melee atleast good for bows and other party members then. retier is like shifta but for spells?

oh PS whats better for buff leveling a rod or wand? wand seems faster but does rod give more buff exp?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nanoframe on 2007-06-27 16:40 ]</font>

Kimil
Jun 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
Once we get the 'no death penalty' update, Giresta will b kick ass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I've been using it a lot in the Firebreak missions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, people say thank you a lot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cz
Jun 27, 2007, 07:04 PM
yep! Giresta is a nice addition to have if you dont want to carry around Moon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I have my giresta recently, but i didnt play my FO much. Always good to have foie and diga for damage, plus, both spells use little pp for high damage. Doesnt hurt to have them both.

Essential spells:
Giresta (optional)
resta
reverser (optional)
foie
diga
deband
retier
shifta (optional)
that yellow buff (optional...i forgot the name of it >_>)
dambarta (optional)
nosdiga (optional)
any of the Gi spell (for area damage of up to six target at once)

you can always level up bow and card if you desire since FO can use both of them as S rank weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-06-27 17:04 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Jun 27, 2007, 07:06 PM
Personally, if you were going with offensive techs, I would suggest:

-Foie
-Gizonde
-Gidiga
-Nosdiga
-Dambarta
-Ramegid

Then aside from buffs and R/R, you're good.

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2007, 07:18 PM
What I've noticed about fortetechers, is that they're very PA slot intensive. The only thing I think can be worse is a gunner job, if they max every PA.

-Ryuki-
Jun 27, 2007, 07:29 PM
Do it, and you'll find out.

ThEoRy
Jun 28, 2007, 09:42 AM
On 2007-06-27 16:38, Nanoframe wrote:
Gi spells arent stronger than Ra? shifta dont affect spell power at all? only melee atleast good for bows and other party members then. retier is like shifta but for spells?

oh PS whats better for buff leveling a rod or wand? wand seems faster but does rod give more buff exp?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nanoframe on 2007-06-27 16:40 ]</font>

1. Gi spells arent stronger than Ra?..

Situational. If im surrounded by 5 or more enemies, Gi techs (I love me some Gidiga) add up to higher damage output.
From a distance at 2 or 3 enemies Ra techs work best.

2. Shifta dont affect spell power at all? only melee at least good for bows and other party members then. retier is like shifta but for spells?...

You've got that right. Shifta is a great support tech. Boosting atp helps with teammates melee skills plus your own Bows and Cards. Retier does indeed increase the attack power of your offensive techs.

3. Whats better for buff leveling a rod or wand? wand seems faster but does rod give more buff exp?

A wand does cast faster than a rod and seeing as how they both give you the same exp% per cast, a wand is more effective in tech leveling. Only problem is they have less pp is all. My advice is to invest in a few (at least 3) 8* kubarra wands the Cometarac. Maybe even grind em 3 times if you're feeling lucky. The Cometarac will have an insane amount of pp for a wand and will keep u casting for a while. Others might suggest using a lesser quality wand in order to keep pp recharge costs down but I think a few extra measly mesetas are worth it.

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-06-27 17:04, BunnyGirl wrote:

Essential spells:
Giresta (optional)
resta
reverser (optional)
foie
diga
deband
retier
shifta (optional)
that yellow buff (optional...i forgot the name of it >_>)
dambarta (optional)
nosdiga (optional)
any of the Gi spell (for area damage of up to six target at once)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-06-27 17:04 ]</font>

Ummmm..."Essential" and "Optional" are antonyms.

Gryph05
Jun 28, 2007, 01:11 PM
Foie
Rabarta
Retier
Noszonde
Nosdiga

Foie is almost essential. It's a small downgrade from diga when it comes to sheer damage (270% compared to diga's 280% at level 30) However, with burn SE4, you will outdamage diga in most situations. RAbarta is very useful on small groups of monsters (2 or 3), and your dambarta will take care of the bigger groups. Retier is an absolute must if you're going for sheer tech damage. Noszonde is great addition, due mainly to how it knocks down monsters at 21+, and has shock for SE, very nice on ollakas, worms etc. Nosdiga's damage output on lightning based monsters is HUGE at 21+.

Those are my top 5 suggestions. Reverser and Debuffs are nice, if you're willing to help in a supporting role, but you made it sound like your going for max tech damage, so those five are probably where it's at.

Rashiid
Jun 28, 2007, 01:16 PM
zomg ZONDE!!!!!!!!!!

but forreal.....

i have all but;

Noszonde - pp eater
Nosdiga - pp eater (the time it takes to cast that and go all the way thru; i can chuck 2-3 digas; so it diga is better then that)
Nosmegid - pp eater and no SE
Megid - pp eater (i refuse ti go thru another zonde >.>)
and all debuffs (they arnt needed really; i have resta)
Megiverse

Cz
Jun 28, 2007, 01:49 PM
barta is fun to use too! if you take the time to level it up to 21+ >_>
who doesnt like a huge chunk of ice sliding through? Its really fun to use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Jun 28, 2007, 01:51 PM
The only time I didn't like a bunch of ice sliding around was by NPC Alicia, back in PSO, because her AI was so bad she kept casting the darn thing behind a barrier that would block the technic before it would hit any monsters. Kind of funny how Matha Graves (a child) performed much better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-28 11:52 ]</font>

Hrith
Jun 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
As long as you get all buffs, Resta, Reverser and you don't get Dambarta, you'll be a good FT.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-06-27 16:25, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

barta gets stronger than rabarta at high enough levels iirc

Um, no. Rabarta > Barta.

I can tell you this because I have both at Lv30.

Barta lv30 is 130% Damage. Rabarta lv30 is 160% damage.
And chances of hitting 4 or more enemies with Barta isn't that good either.

-To Answer Nano, get these:

Foie- Only has a PP cost of 9 at lv21! Highly abusable with STC. Also has burn4.

Diga- Only has a PP cost of 9 at lv21! Highly abusable with STC.

Rabarta- x3 chance of Freeze 3. Very good at lv21

Rafoie- x3 chance of Burn 3. Very good on everything that's not Fire or a Robot, because to Burn add more damage.

Radiga- No SE but still does good damage.

Gidiga- Good damage, looks awesome at lv21. Use a Rod only for this tech! It looks like shit with the wand.

Dambarta- For smaller enemies only. Useless against big enemies like Gol Dolva and Kagajabari.

Ramegid(optional)- has x3 chance of Confuse 3 at lv21

Nosdiga(optional)- if you don't mind the pp use, get this. Be warned, you're left open to attacks with it. Diga is much safer to use IMO.

Get Resta, Reverser, Shifta, Jellen, Zalure, Retier, Zodial. Deband is garbage, is barely helps your defense. Use jellen instead.

I hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-06-28 11:59 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 28, 2007, 02:39 PM
Holy shit Raine! Nano only has room for a few of those techs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

By the way, you spelled kagajibari wrong again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sexy_Raine
Jun 28, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-06-28 12:39, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Holy shit Raine! Nano only has room for a few of those techs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

By the way, you spelled kagajibari wrong again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Heheh, and you wonder why I say Kadagatabarhariwhatever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LS_Aksion
Jun 28, 2007, 02:54 PM
As a beast WT by heart [also FT, FF] i only have room for a few spells due to lack of TECH power.

Heres what TECH i got ATM---
Rabarta 19

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-06-28 12:54, LS_Aksion wrote:
As a beast WT by heart [also FT, FF] i only have room for a few spells due to lack of TECH power.

Rabarta 19

Mighty fine tech list there!

LS_Aksion
Jun 28, 2007, 02:58 PM
As a beast WT by heart [also FT, FF] i only have room for a few spells due to lack of TECH power & Melee Arts.

Rabarta
Dambarta
Blue Buffs Up & Down

Red buffs up & down

Resta
Reverser
Retier
Giresta

Razonde
Gizonde

Diga
Radiga
Gidiga
Nosdiga

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 03:02 PM
OK, that's a better list!

If I may ask, why four ground spells but no fire spells (not counting your "red buffs up and down", which I assume are Shifta and Jellen).

LS_Aksion
Jun 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-06-28 13:02, JAFO22000 wrote:
OK, that's a better list!

If I may ask, why four ground spells but no fire spells (not counting your "red buffs up and down", which I assume are Shifta and Jellen).

Well, when i do go FT, ill need the 4 ground spells http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I use Fire melee weapons to make up the element gap. And yes, Red buffs Up & Down are Shifta & Jellen cux its hard remembering the names XD

Sry for the confusion!

Nanoframe
Jun 28, 2007, 06:49 PM
yea I dont have much space at all
I want only the most damaging tech of each element and PP isage dont matter to me, just pure power is all that matters

current updated tech list
shifta - 19 plan to get it to 21 today
dambarta - 12
zalure - plan to get rid of it for a more useful tech
resta - 5
retier - 21
megid - 6 plan to work on it, its just so sexy looks like its strong at 30

yea so whats the list for the most damaging tech of each element?

WaveofBabies
Jun 28, 2007, 06:58 PM
absolute essentials:
foie
diga
rabarta
dambarta
gidiga

shifta
deband
zodial
retier
zalure
resta
giresta(once we get the death penalty revised)

Eleina
Jun 28, 2007, 10:27 PM
On 2007-06-28 11:54, Hrith wrote:
As long as you get all buffs, Resta, Reverser and you don't get Dambarta, you'll be a good FT.

Wow super advice <.<

Foie/Rafoie/Shifta(if you party with ppl..then again agatarides exist) for fire
Dambarta/Rabarta/Deband
Diga/Gidiga
Resta/Retier
Ramegid if you play in small partys(1-4) megiverse otherwise

If you want an lightning tech choose razonde and replace one of the ice attack techs in the list(chose to keep whatever u prefer using =))

As for megid don't do it <.< it's a waste of time and space

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-06-28 20:29 ]</font>

Nanoframe
Jun 29, 2007, 01:40 PM
current updated list
Rafoire lv 2 just got it like it alot
shifta lv 21
dambarta lv 14
zalure should i get rid of it?
razonde lv 1 gonna try it out
gidiga lv 1gonna try it out
resta lv 6
retier lv 22
megid allmost 7

do i need foire if i will get rafoire to 30?
and diga levels very very slow il try gidiga and maybe get nosdiga , do i need diga and is nosdiga worth it?

edit: tried gidiga , i like it but cant stand the screen shake effect, so annoying gonna try damdiga
I plan to get the megiverse when i get the frags for it

Just tried playing in a party as a Ft today was just leveling buffs and stuff before

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nanoframe on 2007-06-29 12:19 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Jun 29, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-06-29 11:40, Nanoframe wrote:
current updated list
Rafoire lv 2 just got it like it alot
shifta lv 21
dambarta lv 14
zalure should i get rid of it?
razonde lv 1 gonna try it out
gidiga lv 1gonna try it out
resta lv 6
retier lv 22
megid allmost 7

do i need foire if i will get rafoire to 30?
and diga levels very very slow il try gidiga and maybe get nosdiga , do i need diga and is nosdiga worth it?

edit: tried gidiga , i like it but cant stand the screen shake effect, so annoying gonna try damdiga
I plan to get the megiverse when i get the frags for it

Just tried playing in a party as a Ft today was just leveling buffs and stuff before

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nanoframe on 2007-06-29 12:19 ]</font>

1. Do not get rid of zalure. It's like double shifta! Party members hit for more damage and enemies get dropped faster.

2. Razonde lvl 21 = Holy Shit thats cool. Stick with it.

3. Yes you should definitely keep foi as well. It's the hardest hitting tech against dark enemies I believe. Also, as it's been said, it's only slightly less damaging than Diga and it has lvl 4 burn.

4. Diga slow? I lvled it to 30 without even trying. You might be doing a good amount of Diga Spamming during boss fights, so don't worry bout it's speed. It'll come around naturally.

5. Gidiga RULES!! Such an awesome tech. Die Volfus DIE! My only gripe is that it doesn't make my teammates screen shake as well! lol

6. Megiverse is def. cool as well. Awesome range and it just feels bad ass using that tech.

7. Yes you do need Diga.

8. I think Nosdiga is well worth it, I love it. Others may feel different about this tech.

And finally, If I were you, with limited PA slots, I would consider dropping Megid and definitely picking up Radiga or Rabarta. Nothing like a good Meteorite/Glacier shower I say.

But that's just my opinion. And as I said, others may feel differently.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-06-29 16:01 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 29, 2007, 05:49 PM
This should be in gameplay guids >_>

But

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=143948&forum=22&max_posts=22

For more info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shou
Jun 30, 2007, 05:56 AM
Ra techs take forever to lvl up >.>

Allison_W
Jun 30, 2007, 08:16 AM
Techs in general take a long time to level up.

Anyway, if you want to stick to the bare essentials and avoid things that have good situational uses but may not be "bread-and-butter..." Here goes.

First off, your support. This is the stuff your party likes. Shifta is pretty much a job requirement if you're going to be an fT. Zodial follows right behind it, especially since there are a lot of beast FFs out there using axes who can't hit the broad side of a barn without you teching them up. A lot of people will also advise Retier, and so will I, except I'll go a step further and note that it's just a buff for you--anyone who needs Retier has the ability to learn it themselves, and if you choose not to, you can use Retarides instead. They're 150 a pop and only give +15% TP/MST as opposed to a 21+ Retier's +20%, but they can save you a tech slot if you're really tight. Resta is a given. Reverser is also highly recommended, but not entirely necessary. Giresta... I wouldn't bother. Even after the death penalty gets revised, Moon Atomizers are pretty inexpensive for something you should be using maybe a handful of times a run at most and faster than casting Giresta. Debuffs are good, and Zalure is recommended, but it isn't entirely necessary, either.

As for attack techs, both Foie and Diga, as others have advised. I'm going to be a total rogue here and say that if you are really screwed for PA slots, you might be able to do with only one of the two--Foie's strong point being the free damage from its burn SE (useless against bosses), and Diga's strong points being the higher base damage modifier and the fact that there are fewer ground enemies than there are fire enemies. Nosdiga is lovely for its long-range homing effect, and if you choose to take only one of Foie or Diga, Nosdiga can replace Diga in a pinch (but beware the high PP cost). Dambarta is extremely useful against swarms, as it can hit several enemies rapidly by sweeping the wand/staff, pushes back, flinches, and carries SE3 freeze. You'll probably want at least one 360-degree tech--cases can be made for all of the Gi-techs, but you probably want either Gidiga or Megiverse (Megiverse being very good for the fact that it can be "cast" several times with only one casting animation, as per Dam-class techs, as long as you can maintain it). And of course, you'll want a Ra-tech. Rabarta is very popular, for good reason, but you may want Rafoie instead for already having Dambarta (which gets decent range at 21+) for taking out groups of non-ice enemies. Alternately, you could also use Radiga, which has a higher damage modifier than other Ra-techs.

OK, recap time:

Essential Support:
Shifta
Zodial
Resta

Recommended Support:
Retier (especially)
Reverser
Zalure (only if you can make room for it)
Jellen (only if you can make room for it after Zalure)

Essential Attack:
Foie
Diga or Nosdiga (both, preferably)
Dambarta
One 360-degree tech (preferably Megiverse or Gidiga)
One Ra-class tech (probably Rabarta or Radiga)

At the very least, the above assortment of attack techs should make sure you always have something decent available for a given situation.

Mystil
Jun 30, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-06-27 17:18, Zorafim wrote:
What I've noticed about fortetechers, is that they're very PA slot intensive. The only thing I think can be worse is a gunner job, if they max every PA.

Did that with my human. Eventually I had to choose to either get rid of all my lvl30 melee PAs or just stick with my other character.

I chose to stick with my other character lol.

DRO
Jun 30, 2007, 04:08 PM
GET A GOOD HEAD SLOT

Lonzell
Jun 30, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-06-27 16:02, Nanoframe wrote:
Just recently turned my human male into fortetecher
and need to know the must have techs in limited room I have.

so far I have:
shifta lv 14
dambarta lv 5
zalure lv 3
resta lv 4
megid lv 6

I may be able to free up some room for another 5 techs or so, what should I get?
my main focus if to get the most tech killing power for all elements. right now im by the recharge cube getting my shifta to 30

what advice you have?

Resta where?

OH OH, jumped the gun. There it goes!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lonzell on 2007-06-30 14:19 ]</font>

malice_nyc
Jun 30, 2007, 04:21 PM
1) Diga
2) Gidiga
3) Dambarta (ignore the complainers)
4) Resta
5) Reverser
6) Retier
7) Foie
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif Barta
9) Gizonde/Gibrata

10) Also ice and dark bow bullets are nice

Then go on to the other buffs and the elements for missions you like.

Unlike others, I don't recommend getting Shifta and Zodial first because they won't help you out much. Fortetechers, despite what other classes say, aren't the parties slave. Get the buffs to increase your own stats first... FTs are good damage dealers, and these will help you in soloing. Plus, buffs are 9k each... which is a good bit of money to new players.

Diga is your basic strong attack. Foie is close, and can addiitionally cause the burn effect. Both are cheap and well worth your time to level up. Dambarta and gidiga will be your bread and butter multi-enemy attacks. Gizonde is nice too... if you only get one -zonde tech, get that one. Noszonde is nice, but save your PA frags unless you have a ton of them.

Really, you only need a few techs... as an FT I've found that just a handful cover most situations in the most popular missions. You can also skip buffs that you won't use, although I do recommend them if you have the PA space.

Also, remember that FTs aren't just a "support" class, despite what non-FTs tell you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif If someone with 50mil meseta tells you that healing them is your "job"...

Lonzell
Jun 30, 2007, 04:37 PM
Which it isn't your entire job... just a large part of it. ^_^

l0c0dantes
Jun 30, 2007, 08:19 PM
I am going to say, unless your extremely brave, to avoid the gi- techs. Yes they can hit 6 people. Yes, they have decent SE. But, you also have to be close to the enemy to use them. and being a FT, being surronded by enemies is generally a BAD idea.... That being said, Id stick to the megid line, if you can spare the PA frags.

Megid = insta death (Takes out robots, things with low STA)
Ramegid = Confuse (takes out casters)
Damegid = Virus (takes out things with lots of hp (only lv 2 tho)
megiverse = A gi tech that heals you as it goes
Nosumegid = A nosu tech that does more dmg the less hp you have (dangerous as all hell, but, from what I hear, powerful as hell too)

Ra barta is a good standby tech too.

Resta and reverser are essential!

Nanoframe
Jul 9, 2007, 10:26 AM
Ok , update
I think i gave the 10 best Techs down finally, I got 9 atm just need some frags for the final

Rafoie - lv 12
Shifta - lv 26
Dambarta - lv 19
Razonde - lv 7
Diga - lv 18
Resta - lv 12
Retier - lv 26
Megid - lv 11
Megiverse - lv 12
and going to get Noszonde for the fianl 10th spell

Oh should have said it before Im Fighgunner 10 Fortefighter 9 Wartecher 3 Protranser 9
Fortetecher 5 now and have most melee PA to 30 so yea dont have much space for Tech

Also I went Fortetecher after being drawn to it by the power of Har / Quick, so yea DRO I got a good head unit. Also using a Kotoha senba for a tech boost too, finally got 66 dfp as Ft

SolomonGrundy
Jul 9, 2007, 11:44 AM
Unlike others, I don't recommend getting Shifta and Zodial first because they won't help you out much. Fortetechers, despite what other classes say, aren't the parties slave. Get the buffs to increase your own stats first... FTs are good damage dealers, and these will help you in soloing. Plus, buffs are 9k each... which is a good bit of money to new players.

bad attitude. hope you are not on the 360. early fTs need other players to avoid getting 1 hit KO'd.

Your first 6 techs for those on a budget:
(note - you start with foie)
resta
retrier
deband
shifta
dan/gi/ra barta (pick your fave, they all work)
diga

but I would not make fT my first class. You need zodial, zalure, and a few other attack techs to be a decent fT

On a side note, I find damfoie VERY effective as a WT. Since we don't get level 3 burn from RAfoie, or Gifoie.

JAFO22000
Jul 9, 2007, 11:53 AM
On 2007-06-28 16:34, LS_Aksion wrote:
[Well, when i do go FT... I use Fire melee weapons to make up the element gap.

Sry for the confusion!

Good luck with THAT! Seriously, you aren't really thinking that you can use melee weapons effectively as a FT, do you???

ThEoRy
Jul 9, 2007, 12:54 PM
On 2007-07-09 09:53, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-06-28 16:34, LS_Aksion wrote:
[Well, when i do go FT... I use Fire melee weapons to make up the element gap.

Sry for the confusion!

Good luck with THAT! Seriously, you aren't really thinking that you can use melee weapons effectively as a FT, do you???

YAY lvl 1 photon arts are teh coolest thing EVER!!

lol

JAFO22000
Jul 9, 2007, 01:23 PM
...that's not even counting the Fortetecher's abysmal ATP and DFP.

Astarin
Jul 9, 2007, 02:44 PM
On 2007-06-30 06:16, Allison_W wrote:
A lot of people will also advise Retier, and so will I, except I'll go a step further and note that it's just a buff for you--anyone who needs Retier has the ability to learn it themselves, and if you choose not to, you can use Retarides instead. They're 150 a pop and only give +15% TP/MST as opposed to a 21+ Retier's +20%, but they can save you a tech slot if you're really tight.

I must disagree with you here. Everyone can make use of Retier, not just techers. The TP boost gives a nice damage increase, but the defensive MST boost is really where it's at.

For everyone else, it means that it'll reduce the damage they take from technics. Technics can really own a lot of the non-techer classes, and I find it's at least as nice as Deband. Especially on Moatoob and Neudaiz.

For Fortetechers (and Wartechers, to some extent), this defensive boost can make you completely immune to a lot of enemy technics. There's nothing quite like gleefully running through Kamatoze's Dambarta unharmed, or being Megid immune in the Colony missions.

ThEoRy
Jul 9, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-07-09 11:23, JAFO22000 wrote:
...that's not even counting the Fortetecher's abysmal ATP and DFP.

yeah even with 50% weps that's like bridging the gap over the pacific ocean with a few Popsicle sticks...