PDA

View Full Version : I have to do everything myself.

PhotonDrop
Jun 27, 2007, 06:53 PM
I'll keep this short since I'm still flustered over it.

How hard can it be to pay a fucking bill? Comcast billed us a number of times, its not my part of the deal to pay this bill so I just look discouragingly at Person and give him several warnings to pay the bill on top of the ones Comcast had sent us. Woke up Sunday morning and the cable's out. I flick some lights to make sure its just not a power outage, but everything else works. I go up to Person and smack him and you know what he asks?

"What I do?"

Fucking idiots.

So in the end I had to go down to Comcast and pay out of my own pocket to get the service back up.

I shouldn't have done it but Person had been fired and forgot to tell me. Excuse me while I go yell at him some more.

Sinue_v2
Jun 27, 2007, 06:58 PM
Wait... he got fired and "forgot" to tell you?

Yeah, I can see that... I mean, loosing your entire livelyhood is such a minor thing really, he probably forgot it what with such pressing tasks like taking a dump and making breakfast.

Thalui89
Jun 27, 2007, 07:12 PM
Is the person in question a walking piece of meat? how can you forget 2 tell someone you got fired? 0.0 people never cease to amaze me!

KodiaX987
Jun 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
Why pay for someone else's mistakes? Cable's out and it's his fucking fault. You have absolutely no reason to rid him of the consequences - especially since I never expect him to pay you back for what you've just offered him on a silver plate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2007-06-27 18:10 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Jun 27, 2007, 10:21 PM
When I say forgot, I meant that he simply felt that I didn't need to know. So its all "SUPRISE I HAVE NO MONEY" when it comes time to pay up.

Unfortunately, I was screwed on this deal and didn't realize it. He rarely uses the computer and any time he absolutely must catch a TV show him and his buddies make a production out of it and go over to the person with the biggest TV's house.

If it were football season it'd be a completely different story but this event just so happened to occur during the time of the year when he can do without TV.

Scejntjynahl
Jun 27, 2007, 10:25 PM
We can see how he managed to lose his job. He was being himself, an idiot.

KodiaX987
Jun 27, 2007, 10:32 PM
Then if it's going to be like that, I don't see why he should have access to a cable and an Internet only you are using (and end up paying for.) The guy is pretty much leeching off you, right into your face and you just gave him another x number of months to enjoy your shit whenever he's too lazy to go leech someone else's widescreen.

Wake up, PD. This math isn't adding up.

Scejntjynahl
Jun 27, 2007, 10:33 PM
It is adding up, but unfortunately the answer is in the negative realm.

Wyndham
Jun 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
I remember when me and my brother bought our Wii, i ended up paying for all the games, and everything else. he just payed 100 and left me to get the rest.
still, its not as bad as your situation.

PhotonDrop
Jun 28, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-06-27 20:32, KodiaX987 wrote:
Wake up, PD. This math isn't adding up.

I'm well aware of that.

Thats why I took the remote to the cable box(I fucking love the design too, you MUST have a remote to operate it) and left the TV on Animal Planet, effectively excluding him from watching Tv.

As for the internet, the computer's always been in my room. All I have to do is lock the door.

Yes, I know I'm paying for his mistakes. Yes its stupid of me but like I said, I need the computer more than he does.

I'd switch responsibilities with him but everyone knows the power bill takes priority over the cable bill. And I'll be damned before I live in a house with no electricity.

omegapirate2k
Jun 28, 2007, 05:18 PM
I bet that persons neck looks like a good storage space for some steak knives right now, mirite?

SolomonGrundy
Jun 29, 2007, 04:22 PM
Regardless of a person's employment tsus, they have finicial obligations. Tink I cna stop paying my mortgage if I lose my job?

You BET they'd take my house.

A lot of people, of all ages, do seem to have a problem with fincances. Why do you think landlords ask for refrences, and banks look at credit scores. They are assesing risk.

Sadly, too many people over look this in their personal life, and allow bad risks into situation where someone else's irreponsibility can hurt them.

You are lucky it's just cable. learn from this.