PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever got this certain glitch that..

-Ryuki-
Jun 27, 2007, 08:49 PM
Makes it so you can't hit any of the monsters? 'Cause I swear that in several runs as of lately, while doing Urgent Orders (hell pit spawn with the Polavahra), no matter how many times I swing or stab, it's not registering as a hit. Target cursor won't show, etc etc, and I lose out on exp if I never got to even tag before the glitch kicked in. Anyone else experience this?

-Tidus_415-
Jun 27, 2007, 08:52 PM
Yes but it has only happened to me in urgent orders with the Polavahra in that exact same spot. I guess it happens when they get too close to the bridge and since they cant pass by they clash/go thru each other a lot and glitch? O_o idk...

VanHalen
Jun 27, 2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah this happened to me the first day of Urgent Orders. It fixed itself later but I'm not sure how.

February
Jun 27, 2007, 08:54 PM
I did a few days ago. It seemed like really bad lag that caused it because a it would clear up.

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2007, 09:01 PM
You mean that thing that happens in PSO? Stand by a door, and you can't hit anything?

Eliash
Jun 27, 2007, 09:03 PM
It happens to me also, mostly with bees although the Polavahra have had the same problem.

Shiryuu
Jun 27, 2007, 09:03 PM
Happened to me before. Had to resort to wasting traps to damage them.

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 27, 2007, 09:04 PM
I get that only with melee weapons.

TheLOLBandit
Jun 27, 2007, 09:09 PM
On 2007-06-27 19:04, DaRkWoLf30 wrote:
I get that only with melee weapons.

same using my rifle i never had the problem ... but after switching to FighGunner its been happening to me frequently

pokefiend
Jun 27, 2007, 09:26 PM
usually only when I'm using Rafal buster on the polos w/ my KOS_MOS

Nobo
Jun 27, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-06-27 18:52, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Yes but it has only happened to me in urgent orders with the Polavahra in that exact same spot. I guess it happens when they get too close to the bridge and since they cant pass by they clash/go thru each other a lot and glitch? O_o idk...

Yes that is exactly what happens to me almost every time that I do it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif I was wondering about it too its like I can't lock onto them to attack! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

ShadowDragon28
Jun 27, 2007, 09:45 PM
That happpens when my Slim PS2 is either overheating, or when for some weird unknown reason I'm about to be d/c'd while in a mission...

-Ryuki-
Jun 27, 2007, 09:54 PM
I think it triggers when 1)Something occurs at the bridge, like the Pola running onto it.
Or, 2)Someone uses an SUV and they don't hit anything, which then affects certain people.

Anduril
Jun 27, 2007, 10:54 PM
This has happened to me several times in many missions. It is usually followed for me by a disconnect. I have missed so many items because of this...

Evolution
Jun 28, 2007, 12:53 AM
happened to me earlier on jarba, 2 different runs, using weapons and going beast... and i didn't lag out.. but after a while i started doing damage again.. it wasn't lag either cause usually when i'm lagging and catch up, i see a ton of damage come up.. that didn't happen..

Nother funny thing happened while doing urgent orders.. I joined mid game, and they were in block 3.. when I got there.. I couldn't see any of the enemies that the players were fighting, only time i'd see em is when they got killed and i saw the enemy falling over animation.. was weird.

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 28, 2007, 12:56 AM
It happened on my melee character and there was no cast in the game and the polo was not near the bridge so it eliminated both the things you said ryuki..

Cz
Jun 28, 2007, 01:33 AM
this happen to me as well when fighting those Polo (can never spell its name right. >_>) while meleeing. All of my moves seem to miss.
The other gliche was when you pass through those trap on the dark room....near the place where those birdies spawn, I think i teleported or something and the camara angles were all mess up.

GoDz
Jun 28, 2007, 01:39 AM
Yes same place and all but im already a lvl.80 so i only lose a whole bunch of pp.....butit only happens on my fortefighter not my force or ranger

GoDz
Jun 28, 2007, 01:40 AM
Yes same place and all but im already a lvl.80 so i only lose a whole bunch of pp.....but it only happens on my fortefighter not my fortetecher or ranger

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 28, 2007, 02:38 AM
that spot gets me roughly half the itme I play, I think its osemthign to do with their size and the small quarters I see them teleporting around alot

Alamar
Jun 28, 2007, 02:47 AM
yea had that too and another where I charge a weapon any weapon and after one it the PP is gone charge again one hit empty again. weird thing is it only happens to me in Parum. anyone else?

Jinto117
Jun 28, 2007, 05:34 AM
As most people have already confirmed, I to have encountered the same problem in the same spot. The section across the bridge where you encounter the Polavhars and bees. Melee weapons often times don't seem to register a hit.

relentless
Jun 28, 2007, 05:38 AM
Yes, happened to me, too a few times in exp / mp runs in Urgent Orders with the place with 3-4 Polavohras. I tried hitting them with Renkai with my alt but nothing happened. XD It's like they skip the attack and then are like "ok, time to get hit".

-Ryuki-
Jun 28, 2007, 05:45 AM
Apparently I'm not the only one who's affected by it. I can tell you though, that it really frustrates
me when trying to clear a room, but you can't even hit it, yet, you KNOW you're "hitting" it.

Mayu
Jun 28, 2007, 05:47 AM
mmhmmm

happens http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Niloklives
Jun 28, 2007, 06:05 AM
Happened to me a lot too. then I stopped using my FG >_>

I'd attribulted it to lag, but you're right it's melee attacks that somehow just don't connect. hell I thought it was a fire polavohra special ability it happened so much. but yeah it only happens in that one spot on UA. weird...

Neith
Jun 28, 2007, 06:11 AM
Yeah, I've had that happen in Urgent Orders, with the Polavohras and Mizuras in the horrible Block 3.

As if they weren't big enough PP sinks for a HU as it is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Serephim
Jun 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
its called LAG.

RegulusHikari
Jun 28, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-06-28 11:57, Serephim wrote:
its called LAG.

Please do a little bit of testing before you go and enforce your opinion like it's the truth. It's not lag and this entire topic can tell you the same.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 28, 2007, 02:54 PM
I never had that problem when I was shotgunning things to death, and I never tired using real melee weapons.

Hmm...when you have this problem, does the enemy's name show up on your HUD?

Sexy_Raine
Jun 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
I get camera problems at urgent. The camera is stupid because, on all non-wall backgrounds it is unable to turn if you are close to it, like those barriers in Urgent. In ends up getting stuck behind that barrier, leaving you blind.

Helly
Jun 28, 2007, 03:32 PM
I've had that problem in Seabed Blaze and Urgent Orders, same with camera troubles. I imagine ST made those missions in a rush without much testing for bugs~

RegulusHikari
Jun 28, 2007, 03:47 PM
It's an issue with melee weapons. My Dus Daggas in particular goes straight through the Pola without any numbers, while everyone else is causing damage and there's nothing skipping around.

It's not lag, it's more like when an enemy gets outside of it's range, it stops moving, you can't hit it, and it teleports back to its spawn.

It's a glitch or oversight of some kind that isn't really of importance since it'll be gone tomorrow.

The_Gio
Jun 28, 2007, 03:54 PM
I think, its because there too much to load at once, so, it doesnt load the polavohra entirely. My friend has this problem too, but he told me he killed some of the things around, and it let him target the polavohra after that,im not sure if itll work, maybe it just loaded for him. Still tho, it can be a bug in the firebreak mission. Who knows...

Helly
Jun 28, 2007, 03:54 PM
On 2007-06-28 13:47, RegulusHikari wrote:
It's an issue with melee weapons.

All weapons really. I was a Guntecher all throughout the event and my rifles were shooting right through them at times same with my de-boosts. Its definetely a problem with Polovohra on both missions though. Other baddies not so much.

McLaughlin
Jun 28, 2007, 04:11 PM
It's happened to me in Urgent Orders. The target points will just flicker on and off and my damage never registers. It's quite irritating.

KidoKresh
Jun 28, 2007, 04:21 PM
ive seen CASTs use their SUV and no damage is done to the polovorah

-Ryuki-
Jun 28, 2007, 04:39 PM
Even Xbox users are experiencing it o_o

LS_Aksion
Jun 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
0hh man... story that happened to me in Urgent Orders few weeks ago. Polavs' left & right disapering reapering in front of me! o.0 then i was slammed into the wall by all 3 Polavs' at same time & went into Infinity @.@o As i looked in 1st person mode, looking up and the "Floor" is getting smaller & farther away. I then said "Duhh... WHERE THIS PLACE?!"