PDA

View Full Version : 36 PA max forever?

pRoJeCtFaMe
Jun 28, 2007, 09:01 AM
I wanna know if our max number of PA will go over 36 in the future..A lot of us have most of our PA capped and they're still many photon arts yet to be released. Will we have to overwrite our lvl 30 PA for the up coming photon arts?

relentless
Jun 28, 2007, 09:05 AM
Well, I guess there's still no sign of increasing your amounts of PAs. -_o

Kimil
Jun 28, 2007, 09:06 AM
The Cap will remain at 36.

One perk though, If you overite a Photon art you don't lose its level. So If you prefered the one you deleted, you can releard it and the level will still be were it was when you deleted.

AOI only though, not yet lol

pRoJeCtFaMe
Jun 28, 2007, 09:09 AM
On 2007-06-28 07:06, Kimil wrote:

One perk though, If you overite a Photon art you don't lose its level. So If you prefered the one you deleted, you can releard it and the level will still be were it was when you deleted.

hmm wat if the PA u overwrote was an ult. PA? that means start frag farming right?

Kimil
Jun 28, 2007, 09:28 AM
On 2007-06-28 07:09, pRoJeCtFaMe wrote:

hmm wat if the PA u overwrote was an ult. PA? that means start frag farming right?

Yessir

EspioKaos
Jun 28, 2007, 09:45 AM

As far as I know, that hasn't been confirmed just yet. It's on SonicTeam's list as "under consideration," but nothing is set in stone at this time.

ThEoRy
Jun 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-06-28 07:45, EspioKaos wrote:

As far as I know, that hasn't been confirmed just yet. It's on SonicTeam's list as "under consideration," but nothing is set in stone at this time.

If that does happen, you can basically learn every photon art in the game. I'm sorta hoping this does happen. That way my Fortetecher can finally branch out a lil bit into maybe guntecher and it would make the transition into acrotecher a lot easier.

Pengfishh
Jun 28, 2007, 11:38 AM
Having bullets for every element on every gun you use is going to destroy your 36 limit. Pick and choose.

XReikaX
Jun 28, 2007, 11:40 AM
>> I for one hope that happens, Im crammed with PA's as a WT as it is. Especially since I play GT AND FT on the same char...><

Gryph05
Jun 28, 2007, 12:53 PM
I hope that overwriting your PAs will save the level in AoI. I like to multi-class my characters, and currently with my M Newman going for fT, AT, and WT, I'm very pressed on what PAs I can get. To be able to just re-buy PAs and overwrite whenever you need to would provide a very nice leinency.

Rashiid
Jun 28, 2007, 01:04 PM
and keep the level? that would be uttrly pointless; might as well just raise the cap.

i hope it stays 36. so ppl arnt fortefighter/figun/protranser/acrofighter/wartech....

too much. make new charaters; thats why you have 4 slots. about 8-10 jobs; 1 maybe 2 each. not 1 w/ 6 jobs.

natewifi
Jun 28, 2007, 01:24 PM
-Title. Yeah, and?

Soukosa
Jun 28, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-06-28 11:04, Rashiid wrote:
and keep the level? that would be uttrly pointless; might as well just raise the cap.

i hope it stays 36. so ppl arnt fortefighter/figun/protranser/acrofighter/wartech....

too much. make new charaters; thats why you have 4 slots. about 8-10 jobs; 1 maybe 2 each. not 1 w/ 6 jobs.

They put in place the PA limit to force you to specialize with your class, single class for that character. I'm with you though on the multi classing that people desire to do. It's not that hard to make a new char and get them leveled up to do the other class. You don't need to have several classes on one char and then completely suck at them all since you have such little experience with it.

kevington
Jun 28, 2007, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Humans and Newmans get a max PA bump to 38 or 40 as a counter to Nanoblasts and SUVs.

Aralia
Jun 28, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-06-28 14:56, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-06-28 11:04, Rashiid wrote:

They put in place the PA limit to force you to specialize with your class, single class for that character. I'm with you though on the multi classing that people desire to do. It's not that hard to make a new char and get them leveled up to do the other class. You don't need to have several classes on one char and then completely suck at them all since you have such little experience with it.

And what of those of us who want to use certain weapons on certain chars? My fem-beast is fF only cause of swords, axes, and claws being s rank there.
I play both classes just fine, in fact.. all my chars are played with equal proficiency. I multi-class on my char's to take advantage of what each class offers.
multi-classing doesn't mean you suck at your jobs, it means you have a more broad spectrum of usefulness. I say if they're keeping the PA limit at 36, then they should add a 5th character possibility. This way people like me, who want to be every class, can spread them out a little more, rather than having to pick and choose what to be.

Rashiid
Jun 28, 2007, 09:49 PM
we never said you will suck; just your asking too much. just be happy you can atleast CHANGE your job; unlike many games where your stuck with w/e you started as.

edit: and Sounomi agreeing w/ me??

yepp; no doubt global warming is coming....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-06-28 19:52 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jun 28, 2007, 09:51 PM
You really only need half the current PA's. The rest are just wasteful. Really, if you've approached the 36 PA limit and need more room, you need to learn to drop the gimps and let them die and replace them with the more useful PA's.

amtalx
Jun 28, 2007, 10:22 PM
If you need more than 36 PAs, you need to either pick a class and stick with it, or make better decisions.

MSAksion
Jun 29, 2007, 07:56 PM
I'm with others on this - i hope it stays at 36 Cap.

I wish Sega made it so you could only be like 3 Advanced Jobs. ex. - WT/GT/FT already? Want to be an FF (?) gotta delete GT then.

You DON"T need to make ONE character every Job. make a new character that specilizes in that type of job and raise them. I mean we've all been level 80 FOREVER... so Firebreak WAS a great time to raise an ALT. Mine is lvl 62 already and going for GT/FG/Fig while My Main is a WT/FT and future AT.

If your character is a FT/WT/GT then try throwing in FG, then FiG then FF i'm like WTF wait wait wait how is that possible? Means you only have DIGA, a dual handgun, maybe a rifle or two, you're EXTREMELY limited in options if you're every job. Or you can be okay at it but not have room for ULTIMATES or Slow Leveling PAs like Crossbow or Rifle.

ESP a support class like FT - i know one w/ just 2 spells per element, no LIGHTNING nor BUFFS - they needed room for SWORDS and GUNS for other classes that FT can't even access! Know what this is called a WARTECHER not FORTETECHER.

And i know a Guntecher without REVERSER = WHY? Resta on a CAST is...not good so just REVERSER the team FT (ME >_>) and i'll heal the team but NOT if I'm FROZEN.

Niloklives
Jun 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
I dunno. the PA limit is a bit more hampering to gunners than techer or fighters. but I mean 4 save slots for 4 races, 2 genders each and all these classes? what is sega thinking? then on top of that, humans excell at all these fun jobs, but these are the jobs that use more PA slots! I mean I tried to limit myself to just GT and PT and I still feel trapped. and I DO hav 4 characters, I DO have my stuff spead out, but I enjoy using certain characters for some reason, and it would be nice to switch them around a bit as I see fit without compromising my main class.

Besides, it's really a pain to even want to experiement with new PAs, or new classes and be forced to delete smething just make room for a new PA to TEST! then again, I was one of those lunatics on PSO who had over 17 characters. on GCN 7 of them were over 150 and 3 of THOSE were at 200. then I had a bunch ranging from 60-130. so for me, being stuck with 4 characters and so many limitations on how much I can explore with those characters forced on me just because of PA limitations really give a strong sense of clostrophobia(sp).

We need a few more character slots, or some other restrictions loosened up on...I feel like I'm chkoing when I play these days.

Rashiid
Jun 30, 2007, 06:00 PM
test? the discription is on there! tha hell use you need?

and trust me; i have a fortegunner. i do NOT need 6 bullets for each gun. maybe those who dont even think about SEs (which sounds like you) and only element vs. element.

2-3 (maybe 4 if you really like that weapon in particular) for each gun.

if anything; its harder for a fortetecher; we have exactally 35 techs. ALL are different. not much room for bows/cards eh?

XDeviousX
Jun 30, 2007, 06:04 PM
On 2007-06-30 08:46, NIloklives wrote:
I dunno. the PA limit is a bit more hampering to gunners than techer or fighters. but I mean 4 save slots for 4 races, 2 genders each and all these classes? what is sega thinking? then on top of that, humans excell at all these fun jobs, but these are the jobs that use more PA slots! I mean I tried to limit myself to just GT and PT and I still feel trapped. and I DO hav 4 characters, I DO have my stuff spead out, but I enjoy using certain characters for some reason, and it would be nice to switch them around a bit as I see fit without compromising my main class.

Besides, it's really a pain to even want to experiement with new PAs, or new classes and be forced to delete smething just make room for a new PA to TEST! then again, I was one of those lunatics on PSO who had over 17 characters. on GCN 7 of them were over 150 and 3 of THOSE were at 200. then I had a bunch ranging from 60-130. so for me, being stuck with 4 characters and so many limitations on how much I can explore with those characters forced on me just because of PA limitations really give a strong sense of clostrophobia(sp).

We need a few more character slots, or some other restrictions loosened up on...I feel like I'm chkoing when I play these days.

pay 10 more bucks for a second account...

Egg99
Jun 30, 2007, 06:48 PM
The cap is 36 for a reason. It better damn well stay that way. As for AOI letting you overwrite PAs and keep the levels, that better not happen. As someone else already said, it would be completely contradicting. If they did that, why the hell wouldn't they just raise the cap instead?

People who are short of PA slots play too many classes, plain and simple. The cap is there to force you to specialize in one, two, or maybe three classes tops. Expanding that cap would not make you "more diverse" or "extend your usefulness", it will bring you that much closer to being able to do anything and everything you want with one character, which is what 90% of the people that complain about the cap want in the first place.

You have multiple character slots for a reason, and a PA cap for a reason as well. Deal with it.

Sakuya
Jun 30, 2007, 08:05 PM
Hey Neh sayers to this. Question for you. If you are against it, then why not just not use the option and specialize.

I assure you those level 80's with those level 6 photon arts all over the place are going to have trouble cutting it in groups. So if they want to specialize in everything they will have to work a LOT harder then you who specializes in only a few things.

Jump off your damn High horses.

Rashiid
Jun 30, 2007, 09:31 PM
huh?

Egg99
Jun 30, 2007, 10:12 PM
On 2007-06-30 19:31, Rashiid wrote:
huh?

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 1, 2007, 04:24 AM
Leveling alts is fucking boring. I say raise the PA cap so that there'd be no need to save PA levels upon deletion. Specialization is cool, but diversity is also cool. Why the hell not allow both? It's not like you can change class in the middle of a battle anyway.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 1, 2007, 07:29 AM
I personallz dont care much 4 the pa lv cap. if they raise the pa lv cap or not i dont care

Mayu
Jul 1, 2007, 07:32 AM
No need to increase it -_-

I mean really be happy that well .. you get to change classes : )

They want you to focus on 1 class so go do it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PJ
Jul 1, 2007, 07:33 AM
With 36 PAs it's not hard to juggle a multitude of classes effectively. Everyone's just terrible at it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll stick to 2 jobs per character though. It's more fun that way.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 1, 2007, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I know someone [yeah, you know who you are] who has a main who's capped at like practically every job except for Fortetecher and Protranser, and yet, that person still does good.

Niloklives
Jul 1, 2007, 08:58 AM
it's just about having options and being able to explore those options without having to pay for it in either large amounts of time or cash.

But why be against the idea? the PAs being saved only means you can effectively multiclass, it's not like it adversely effects you, so why oppose it? It just seems to me nay sayers are going on another elitism tangent. "it doesn't do me any good, so why should you benefit?" That's the attitude I'm picking up from a lot of people here and it's pretty childish. it doesn't hurt game play, it doesn't take away anything, yet you act like the game would collapse in on itself if something like PAs limits being esed up on a bit ever happened. just relax and try to let others enjoy themselves just once.

Egg99
Jul 1, 2007, 11:34 PM
On 2007-07-01 06:58, NIloklives wrote:
it's just about having options and being able to explore those options without having to pay for it in either large amounts of time or cash.

You are able to explore other options, which is why you're given four character slots. PSU is an MMO (albeit a very small and simple one), and MMOs translate into time investment. Now, granted, you're able to invest a hell of a lot less time into this game and still actually be able to get somewhere unlike other MMOs (*cough* FFXI *cough*). However, the idea of being able to invest about 200 hours into one character and be able to do anything you want with said character, is utterly ridiculous.

But why be against the idea? the PAs being saved only means you can effectively multiclass, it's not like it adversely effects you, so why oppose it?

Many people are against the idea because it takes multiclassing to a ridiculous degree. As I already pointed out, it effectively allows the people that wish for it to be able to do more or less anything with one character, which in turn defeats the purpose of having multiple character slots and specialization in certain classes.

It just seems to me nay sayers are going on another elitism tangent. "it doesn't do me any good, so why should you benefit?" That's the attitude I'm picking up from a lot of people here and it's pretty childish.

I haven't seen any elitism in any posts I've read so far, just a fair number of people thinking logically. There's a million different ways for people to enjoy themselves in this game; if you really need to be able to do everything with one character in order to enjoy yourself, then you desperately need to broaden your view on entertainment.

it doesn't hurt game play, it doesn't take away anything, yet you act like the game would collapse in on itself if something like PAs limits being esed up on a bit ever happened. just relax and try to let others enjoy themselves just once.

It does hurt gameplay, and it does take away from certain things, which is what people fail to see when they demand a cap increase. One could argue that having a server full of x number of people that can change to any class they wish to suit any situation imaginable would severely deprive gameplay of the little challenge it already has. It would make things extremely monotonous, and would also infuriate other players that spend time and effort to specialize only to find that Person A over here decided to switch to the same class and be just as effective.

As I already said before, the cap is there for a reason. You have multiple character slots for a reason. Learn to use them.

Zer0_ConvoY
Jul 2, 2007, 12:16 AM
On 2007-07-01 21:34, Egg99 wrote:

As I already said before, the cap is there for a reason. You have multiple character slots for a reason. Learn to use them.

Yes, but *counts the class total* there's not enough slots for the classes, never mind there are more coming out in AOI. I'd love to have one character of each class, but there are not enough slots. Also we need something to do since we are stuck in incremental cap increases, it's a waste of my time trying to lvl without being able to lvl a class too. I think that when you change a class, you choose 36 PAs from your list, off you go, buy a new PA, kick one onto the back burner.

Niloklives
Jul 2, 2007, 12:23 AM
to take advantage of this cap increase, one would have to change classes which means not being in a mission and in many cases would require a different set of weapons. not only that, but it still requires that the person train all these PAs. how is this any different to you than them switching to an alt? It's not except the versatility of that one character goes up in the long term. But we're talking about casts who want to be able to play an effective and efficient fG with say 26 PAs then switch to a FG when they feel like it AND be a GT and be able to feel NOT so gimp due to lack of a couple bow PAs, or having to make room somewhere for a few buffs and resta/reverser. how does being able to switch classes from time to time, get to fully be that class when you want then switch back when your ready harm gameplay anymore than having alts?

I have two lvl 80s and I'd have 2 more if I didn't delete characters to dink around with other races and clothing options for other genders. but hey when I'm done with the other two the only class I won't be able to take full advantage of is fortegunner. I'll be able to switch to just about any class at any time effectively. And I'll have full access to that class' abilities. according to you I'm breaking the game by mapping out my PAs and using all 4 of my character slots. worse yet this is once AoI hits that I'd even have to work all this out, so I'm not going to have to reevaluate anything once I get to that point. Tell me how this is different. Tell me how having 4 characters that can collectively do everything is any different from having 1 character that has to have the PAs "relearned" everytime to want to use a different one - even if the lvls were retained. Tell me how my one character with restricted versatility is any more overwhelming.

It's not, and telling someone to go buy another account or telling them to make another character as if any of that were ANY different in the long term is a way is making what some ask seem as though it were beneath you. And constantly arguing against something that only bolsters some sense of superiority in ways meant to make others look and feel small: "I don't need this so if you feel you do, clearly you're not doing something right; or you're not playing the game as it was intended. If you all played like me this wouldn't even come up." That's elitism and that's the argument being made against this motion.

But if I'm wrong..REALLY wrong. make an argument against this thought that doesn't involve something along the lines of "you have 4 character slots for a reason" and I can't counter with "4 characters at lvl 80 and maxed PAs is just as detrimental to the game as a single lvl 80 with 50 PAs maxed that they can only access about 2/3rds of at any one time." I won't be holding my breath.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-01 22:31 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Jul 2, 2007, 01:06 AM
Even now, the only reason to use an alt is to have a different character design. <_<;; That's really the only reason you have four slots at all; so you aren't stuck with one character. I'm all for allowing deleted PA levels to stay saved; you still have to level the damn things, so what's the problem? I have yet to see an opposing opinion as anything but whining.

Sakuya
Jul 2, 2007, 08:51 AM
Photon Arts levels being saved is a good thing, being able to select your photon arts as you change class is not.

Nay sayers consider the following. With the exception of Ultimate Photon Arts a Drastic Class change (IE going from a pure gunne to a pure Techer) Makes it cost you over 200k to have a complete class makeover. Even if you save the photon limits that's nothing to sneeze at. Thats an average of 10-15 runs for a good level 80 in a high meseta reward mission.

So please, don't tell me how it ruins the game, or it makes a character to versatile, or that this shouldn't happen for whatever petty reason your minds come up with. It costs 200k to go from one extreme to the other, it shouldn't cost you 200k and 40 hours of play to go from one extreme to the other, and level what you need to be effective.

For the Record I believe having a Fortefighter, Fortegunner, and Fortetecher each as Separate characters is still the best way to go. If for nothing else then stat purposes.

Rashiid
Jul 2, 2007, 09:30 AM
no. cap aint raising anyway; yall just greedy

Niloklives
Jul 3, 2007, 02:30 AM
No, it's not going up, we know that. but ST is considering a way to allow PA lvls to be saved even if they're forgotten. that's the topic of discussion.

Scion
Jul 3, 2007, 03:47 AM
Well, for one thing, people who say that "overwriting the PAs, but still keeping the level is contradicting itself"...think about this:

PA disks are expensive. OK, some are only 500 meseta (basic techs), but some go all the way to 15-20k (I really don't know, but I know it goes past 10k)

So yeah, maybe people will finally get the chance to cap all the classes, while at the same time, not sucking at them...

But, if you keep changing, and changing, and changing, you're gonna go broke fast. Not only do you have to pay the fee to change into that class, but now you gotta pay for the PAs that you'll have to buy (again).

Not to mention deleting a UPA will require you to get the frags to buy it again. Not gonna cost meseta, but that's going to take time (albeit, not much because we all saw how UO A give 3 frags for an S). That's not gonna be a situation where you can say, "Oh, I think I'll just delete this PA today...I'll get it back tomorrow".

So, what's gonna end up happening when you realize that you have no money? Or deciding that you really don't want to spend all that time getting those frags again? You're gonna end up being stuck with just one class most of the time. Welcome! Join the rest of us! XD

Now, I have one character atm who is a multiclasser. Both Fortefighter, and Fighgunner. He doesn't suck (but he could be better at certain things, I'll be honest). It really only gets out of control when you start specializing in jobs that can't overlap with each other all that well (Like an fG all of a sudden going to WT). Then, you're just stuck with a bunch of stuff that you can't use/are going to have to delete.

So yeah, this new [unconfirmed] overwriting system is fine IMO. It can let those who can do two or three classes and, even those who wanna change the way they play their main class (Shoot, I'd love to try my wand/card playstyle again that I ditched 3 months ago) without much fear and grieving over time lost.

The 36 PA cap is fine. Otherwise...this game will undergo "Final Fantasy-syndrome" and everyone will be a "Warrior/Mage/Gunner" all at once. ><

[Edit]:
Damn. I should really read more before I make a point. I kinda just regurgitated what Sakuya said...><
Oh welps, doesn't hurt to say it again. xD

Case in point: Both are balanced, come with penalties and restrictions, and doesn't break this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-07-03 02:05 ]</font>