PDA

View Full Version : PSU: pa's good for fortefighters

burgerman
Jun 28, 2007, 09:56 AM
hey wut are some good pa's for a fortefighter to have???

Kimil
Jun 28, 2007, 09:58 AM
Yoyo Daggers ( The ultimate Twin Dagger PA )
Dus Daggas
Dus Rebado
Renkai
Gravity Strike
Redda
Butun

panzer_unit
Jun 28, 2007, 10:14 AM
Bogga Danga, Anga Durega, Tornado Break, Renzan whatever for twin claw

pokefiend
Jun 28, 2007, 10:17 AM
I cant believe everyone has forgotten about Assault Crush!!!!!

others:
ult twin claw pa
Bogga Zugga
non-ult single claw pa

VanHalen
Jun 28, 2007, 10:19 AM
On 2007-06-28 08:14, panzer_unit wrote:
Bogga Danga, Anga Durega, Tornado Break, Renzan whatever for twin claw

You know I was just going to type this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hrith
Jun 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
Bogga Danda? can you even explain what's good about it?
I rank Bogga Danga as the worst skill in the game, on par with Splendor Crush.

All spear, axes, sword and single claw PAs are good.
Bogag Zubba, Bogga Robado and Rensan Senshou-ga are also good.

For twin daggers and twin sabers, remember you cannot use S grade ones.

panzer_unit
Jun 28, 2007, 12:45 PM
Danga is good for multi-hit damage on multi-target enemies or tightly packed groups of smaller creatures, and great at scattering monsters... 2 on the second move, then you can re-target and nail another 3 even if they're a little far away.

The last move is also the strongest I've seen so far in terms of ATP multipliers... 3 targets x 2 hits x 200% damage modifier.

Neith
Jun 28, 2007, 12:51 PM
This is what I think are decent fF PA's. People will disagree, but I've played a fF for over 800 hours now, and like to think I have a decent understanding of how the job works.

Saber: Rising Strike (doubt you'd use one a lot, but w/e )
Twin Saber: Rising Crush, Splendor Crush (Rising Crush is one of the best PA's you'll see, it has incredible crowd control. See Below for Splendor Crush, and why it doesn't suck.)
Dagger: Buten Shuren-zan (see Saber)
Twin Dagger: Moubu Seiren-zan, Hishou Jinren-zan (Hishou is great for juggling enemies, and Moubu does concentrated damage to 2 targets, as well as being a fast PA. One of my old favourites.)
Claw: Shousen Totsuzan-ga (Senten Kanzan-ga is good, but only because of the low PP cost. You don't get much out of it though.)
Twin Claw: Renzan Seidan-ga, Rensan Senshou-ga
Knuckles: Bogga Danga, Bogga Zubba (Zubba, as a friend put it, is like the final part of Assault Crush- but without the need to level it 20 times.)
Sword: Tornado Break (I prefer this to Dus Robado, though they essentially perform the same role. Robado's PP cost is a pain)
Spear: Dus Daggas, Dus Robado (Daggas has incredible damage potential, Robado is the Spear's answer to Tornado Break. Faster, but more PP cost.
Axe: Anga Redda, Anga Dugrega (Dugrega owns Goshin. Enough said. Redda owns multi-part creatures.)

@ Kef: This may contain opinion, be warned.
Bogga Danga is a decent PA, as is Splendor Crush. Danga's first 3 hits aren't THAT great, but the 2nd part knocks away, which is useful for solo. I use it to clear some monsters off me to stop me getting overwhelmed by large spawns. Danga's third part is more eye-candy than anything else, but with the right element on a Gudda Gant, it does high damage.

Splendor Crush kinda sucks, until you get it to Lv21. At 21, the final part deals respectable damage, and controls crowds well. It's kinda like Assault Crush, but the first two parts don't focus on one target. Rising Crush is generally a better PA, but Splendor isn't a bad one. Put it this way, I was using Splendor to kill the Ice monsters (barring Kamatoze, they get Dugrega/Daggas) in Rainbow Beast S2. Even before Lv21, it performed solidly enough to get me through. Rising Crush speeds the run up, and ideally IS the PA you should get, but Splendor/Assault are more damage based.

That's my 'two cents' >_> , people will disagree a lot on melee PA's, as people have different preferences in both weapon type and PA coverage.

Gryph05
Jun 28, 2007, 12:58 PM
If you're going to be nothing but a fF on a character, why not get everything, try everything, and see what you like? Many fighter PAs are very situational. Some are very useful, but only in specific situations. Test everything, use everything, and dump what is useless.

Zero-mx
Jun 28, 2007, 01:03 PM
I agree with Urikobb3, those PAs are probably the most worthwhile ones in my repitiore.

Mayu
Jun 28, 2007, 01:12 PM
Single Claw: Par damage with Ank redda, Multiple hit

Twin Claw: Bukuu or Ulti claw

Twin saber: Assault is a one of one type, The final combo fails <.<, The final combo does Less damage in return for dashing and making enemies launched in the air

Saber: any

Axe: I choose Redda over Dugrega <3

Spears: Dus daggas> Every PA

Kuckles: The ulti one and Danga, Zubba fails

Twin Dagger: Mobou is more of a One of one focused, Renkai is yes groups of mobs, Hishou mmmmm I ono I just use it for looks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dagger: Buten

Sword: any

- Other notes

Ulti Single Claw: Less PP usage, but does crappy damage nowhere near the first claw PA only used for looks in my opinion

Knuckles - Bogga zubba: Too slow and fails <3, I don't care disagree with me

Axe - Dugrega - No damage at all, but seems to be more faster then redda and Less interupable as people say

Dagger - Second PA - I'm not sure how I can describe this, It's more of a quick attack http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif buten's more useful and does more damage from more hits

Twin saber - Splendor crush - well it's good, but not very good either it's used on crowds of mobs the final combo is kinda stupid -_-

Twin saber - Rising Crush - Owns splendor crush in my opinion, used in crowded mobs it's like Yo-yo's in a way actually is it o.0 except the final combo

Saber - Rising Strike - Rising has more impact, less hits then gravity but does a burst of damage oh and sends the mob flying

Saber - Gravity strike - Gravity has more hits just less damage

Sword - Tornado break - I rather use renkai in my opinion, but it's not crappy nor good

Sword - Spinning break - too slow, does decent damage though

Twin claw - Second PA - One on one focused type, the final combo does x3 damage and hits multiple targets, but bukuu has all 3 combos that hit multiple times and bukuu has the final hit at x2 damage

Spear - Dus robado - I rather use this over tornado break, renkai seems to own robado and tornado break in damage because Yes multiple hits though it's very interuptable

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-06-28 11:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-06-28 11:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-06-28 11:17 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jun 28, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-06-28 10:58, Gryph05 wrote:
If you're going to be nothing but a fF on a character, why not get everything, try everything, and see what you like? Many fighter PAs are very situational. Some are very useful, but only in specific situations. Test everything, use everything, and dump what is useless.

The only problem is that things change from rank to rank. Early on all you need to do is flinch your opponents, and you can pretty much steam-roller everything with pure damage output.

S and S2 monsters are much more damaging, and I found myself having to make use of my knockback PA's a lot more... exclusively, almost... just to help keep the team safe when fast damaging enemies like go-varha show up.

Cz
Jun 28, 2007, 01:42 PM
ult. twin claw pa. <3

Aralia
Jun 28, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-06-28 10:58, Gryph05 wrote:

'tis what I did with Aralia.
Melee arts are something you really need to play around with.
Without a good understanding of how each PA works with your play style, you can't put any of them to best use.

Test them as you progress, use each one in every situation, and eventually you'll see the ones you need and don't need.

Tekershee
Jun 28, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'd go with..

Assault Crush - Kapow.
Tornado Break
Spinning Break
2nd Axe PA <_<
Dus Daggas
Dus Robado
RBZ

Don't care what people say about RBZ, I find it kills everything instantly.

Lamak
Jun 28, 2007, 02:25 PM
Dus Daggas
Dus Robado
Spinning Break
RBZ
First Claw/Pistol
/win

WaveofBabies
Jun 28, 2007, 02:32 PM
i use knuckles and twin daggers so my opinion is a bit biased but...

Bogga Zubba- knuckles 18k skill
Bogga Robado- Knuckles ult PA skill
Renkai Buyou-zan- Twin daggers area skill
HIshou Jinren-zan- twin daggers ult PA(yoyoskill)
Moubo Seiren0zan- twin daggers 18k skill

Hrith
Jun 28, 2007, 02:37 PM
This contains a few opinions, Uriko http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-06-28 10:51, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Senten Kanzan-ga is good, but only because of the low PP cost. You don't get much out of it though.I use shop-bought Ga-Misaki (35% dark) on Lv85 Kog Nadd, the second part of Senten Kazan-ga can deal over 1000x3 damage, no critical.
It may not always be easy to get three targets in range, but it's not very hard either; this PA is very fast, the second part has awesome range upon impact, and it's easy to aim with.

Bogga Zubba, as a friend put it, is like the final part of Assault Crush, but without the need to level it 20 times.The final part of Assault Crush is also twice as powerful ;s
You get more damage out of Assault Crush, for the same PP.

Bogga Danga's first 3 hits aren't THAT great, but the 2nd part knocks away, which is useful for solo. I use it to clear some monsters off me to stop me getting overwhelmed by large spawns. Danga's third part is more eye-candy than anything else, but with the right element on a Gudda Gant, it does high damage.If you need knockback, Anga Dugrega, Rising Strike, Shunbu Shouren-zan, Shousen Totsuzan-ga and Senten Kazan-ga are all faster.

Everything else Bogga Danga does, Bukuu Rensen-ga does it twice as good. Really, Bukuu Rensen-ga hits more targets, more times, for more damage >_>

Splendor Crush kinda sucks, until you get it to Lv21. At 21, the final part deals respectable damage, and controls crowds well. It's kinda like Assault Crush, but the first two parts don't focus on one target.Hmm, no.
Assault Crush part 1 and part 2 are much faster than Splendor Crush's, not to mention they do stun.
Splendor Crush part 1 and 2 are incredibly slow, they're like asking to be canceled, really. The third part does not even deal more damage than Assault Crush, or any other skill.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hrith on 2007-06-28 12:38 ]</font>