PDA

View Full Version : I have just bought by accident a 1,2mil item...

landman
Jun 28, 2007, 09:57 AM
The situation is that I was looking for a puyoment on shops, and I had all my money on my character (1230000 meseta) and by accident... I've pushed twice A button instead of B button to leave the shop...

I have now a 12% dark crimson line and no money for making my armor PM next week (and no money for my puyo of course)

In your case, if you were the shop owner (BattleBob X) would you accept a refund? or would you laugh on me?

I know it was my fault of course, but I would be happy if I could recover part of the money, one million, so the shop owner would have his crimson and 200k meseta for free

EDIT: He accepted the refund, thanks a lot Battlebob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: landman on 2007-06-28 09:43 ]</font>

Shiryuu
Jun 28, 2007, 10:19 AM
Why is a 12% dark crimsonline @ 1.2 mil to begin with...?

burgerman
Jun 28, 2007, 10:24 AM
thats sucks i'd deffinately givve u a refund, sorry im not the owner of the shop

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 10:29 AM
All sales are final.

Kylie
Jun 28, 2007, 10:29 AM
I'm nice, so I'd probably accept the refund.

RedX
Jun 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-06-28 08:29, JAFO22000 wrote:
All sales are final.

Kaloa
Jun 28, 2007, 11:13 AM
Oh, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. You're definitely not the only one to make a mistake like that though. I've purchased weapons by accident before, too. Nothing THAT expensive, but still...

If I was in that shop owners shoes I'd probably refund you the money. I've refunded people before. Of course, I'd have to be in a really great mood when you asked, and you'd have to be super-nice to me. Nobody wants to help buttholes.

Pengfishh
Jun 28, 2007, 11:22 AM
How are you even going to demand your refund? Stalk the guy's shop until he shows up, then plead for your money back?

landman
Jun 28, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-06-28 09:22, Pengfishh wrote:
How are you even going to demand your refund? Stalk the guy's shop until he shows up, then plead for your money back?

That's what some friends recommended me to do, and I am now waiting in his room... I at least have to try...

pokefiend
Jun 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
If you have time to wait in his room, then you have time to start earning back your meseta. I could earn that much meseta in 5-6 hours doin UO A. Just sell the crimson line for like 700k and start earning. It isnt the end of the world you know... and the chances of him refunding you are low.

Cort1984
Jun 28, 2007, 11:37 AM
ya dude this sort of thing happens too many people but a refund hum i lot a people with oober amounts of money would give a refund but the people at the bottom would probly care less and are happy because someone bought there crap for a high price and then they will crank there prices even higher and then tell there other friends what happen and they will do the same and so on. But I am sorry for your loss man hang in there you will get a break sooner or later.

landman
Jun 28, 2007, 11:42 AM
Battlebob just appeared, and he accepted the refund http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif hooray for him, I'm glad there are some who think on others and not only on themselves, thanks Battlebob

Sychosis
Jun 28, 2007, 11:45 AM
Glad to see everything went smoothly.

Inb4 "Pics or it didn't happen because 360 users are elitist self-centered pricks."

TheLOLBandit
Jun 28, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-06-28 09:45, Sychosis wrote:

Inb4 "Pics or it didn't happen because 360 users are elitist self-centered pricks."

im not self centered i would have given him the money back too

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 11:51 AM
Here's a proposed situation:

You have a 12% dark Crimson Line. You see Battlebob is selling his 12% dark Crimson Line for 1.2 million. A day later, you notice that some other player actually bought Battlebob's 12% dark Crimson Line for 1.2 million, as it is not in his store any longer. You grab your 12% dark Crimson Line out of your inventory and head to Battlebob's room. When he finally arrives back there, you tell him that you bought his armor by mistake and ask if he will refund your money. He does and you give him your Crimson Line. Now, you just unloaded your 12% dark crap Crimson Line for 1.2 million and Battlebob is none the wiser.

As I said earlier, all sales are final.

Sychosis
Jun 28, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-06-28 09:48, TheLOLBandit wrote:

It was a sarcastic joke about the PSU community's view on Live users in general :/

Rashiid
Jun 28, 2007, 12:07 PM
id say 'wheres the proof'

then ' that could be anyones crimson line; seshh'

then blacklisted n left =]

DikkyRay
Jun 28, 2007, 12:17 PM
I dont think ALL of 360 are self centered pricks.
only 1 or 2 really. I know alot more pricks on Pc/ps2.
Anyhoooo ima have to go with Jafo and say no refunds.
its not my fault that you werent paying attention to what button you were hitting

Korokodo13
Jun 28, 2007, 12:21 PM
Lol x360 people are elitists http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
any sign of n00b and you get booted... once i had only 1k on me atm and i got booted from the party, its funny cuz thet were 50 lvls lower than me XD

on topic: CG on getting your money back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Korokodo13 on 2007-06-28 10:22 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-06-28 10:21, Korokodo13 wrote:
its funny cuz thet were 50 lvls lower than me XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Korokodo13 on 2007-06-28 10:22 ]</font>

Just inferring here, but perhaps THE ABOVE was the reason you were booted, and not the meseta you had on your person at the time???

What are you doing joining a bunch of level 20 characters game anyway?

A friend and I once joined a C rank Train mission with one level 15 person in it in order to get a quick ride to the FB mission. We made sure that the level 15 leader of the mission tagged everything before killing it. Two more people joined after us and just started being total dickwads and killing everything with one shot, not allowing the person who started the mission to even get the experience.

Korokodo13
Jun 28, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-06-28 10:33, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-06-28 10:21, Korokodo13 wrote:
its funny cuz thet were 50 lvls lower than me XD

Just inferring here, but perhaps THE ABOVE was the reason you were booted, and not the meseta you had on your person at the time???

What are you doing joining a bunch of level 20 characters game anyway?

no, they were calling me a n00b when they saw my meseta and then I got booted

another funny story is that I was helping out 5 people at neudaiz by letting them go AFK while I lvl my PAs in the FB B runs, then after a while the actual leader came back so I gave it to him and then I get booted for no reason... Why would you boot someone that just got you free money/mp?

Mutt12
Jun 28, 2007, 01:05 PM
I woulda refended would it have been my store.

Anduril
Jun 28, 2007, 01:28 PM
I would be a little skeptical, so I would probably only refund a portion of the price if anything. I know things like this happen when you're going through shops, {I bought a saber accidentally once when looking for a majimra} but you really have to be careful when you have a lot of cash on your person.

D1ABOLIK
Jun 28, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-06-28 09:51, JAFO22000 wrote:
Here's a proposed situation:

You have a 12% dark Crimson Line. You see Battlebob is selling his 12% dark Crimson Line for 1.2 million. A day later, you notice that some other player actually bought Battlebob's 12% dark Crimson Line for 1.2 million, as it is not in his store any longer. You grab your 12% dark Crimson Line out of your inventory and head to Battlebob's room. When he finally arrives back there, you tell him that you bought his armor by mistake and ask if he will refund your money. He does and you give him your Crimson Line. Now, you just unloaded your 12% dark crap Crimson Line for 1.2 million and Battlebob is none the wiser.

As I said earlier, all sales are final.

But battlebob wouldnt be losing anything if he already sold his for that cost.He would get yours and give the money up and he would be back where he started.He would just break even,no loss.I would of refunded too.We are not all A holes on the 360 servers.The good ones gotta stick together.

________
AKINO (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Akino)

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 04:12 PM
^ Yeah, but someone else just made money off of Battlebob's work. Battlebob essentially ends up where he started and this other person "sold" their armor for a VERY good price!

If you had (insert random item here that you can't/don't want to use) and you put it in your shop for an amount, would you be happy if it didn't sell? Why should Battlebob be happy his didn't sell?

Tykwa
Jun 28, 2007, 04:32 PM
I've had a few people buy the wrong item, and I gave the money back, not a big deal.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 28, 2007, 05:29 PM
It's a good thing BattleBob accepted the refund. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif He's on my friend's list. It's good to know he's a good guy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Synyster
Jun 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
I think for me it would depend on the other person. If they made a mistake then were like... "oh man, i'm sry bt i jst bought sumfin by accident... can i get a refund?" then it'd be fine, wouldn't take a % profit or anything. But if he/she started being a tw@t about it n demanding a refund etc, i'd just blacklist and go.
But generally, I would refund.
Everyone makes mistakes.

LS_Aksion
Jun 28, 2007, 05:48 PM
Would really help if we had the "Mail Box" from the Expansion to leave a message about purchasing wrong items.
Then again, depends if he/she stiffs ya XD.

TheLOLBandit
Jun 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-06-28 09:54, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-06-28 09:48, TheLOLBandit wrote:

It was a sarcastic joke about the PSU community's view on Live users in general :/

lol i see my bad didnt even notice you play 360 version

SolomonGrundy
Jun 28, 2007, 06:23 PM
i would have refunded your money. On your end, to show your thanks, you should have given him a little meseta as a way of sayign thank you for being a stand up guy.

I compare this to losing your wallet: if someone returns in with the money intact, you are supposed to tip them 20% (and don't take no for an answer). is 20% too much in this case? yeah, probably. But there is a number that you are comfortable with that you might have insisted he take.

Lonzell
Jun 28, 2007, 07:16 PM
Its not being a self-centered prick that made me laugh at this situation before he got his refund back, and gave me the urge to post a 'You got owned' picture in this thread.....

It's the fact that I used to play FFXI.

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 28, 2007, 07:50 PM
I would accept a refund for a mistaken buy...**** happens, but that doesnt mean you should always just laugh it off. Glad you got your meseta back

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2007-06-29 00:55 ]</font>

Eliash
Jun 28, 2007, 07:50 PM
For me it would really depend on the person. If they seem decent and honest I'll probably accept a refund (unless I really wanted to get rid of that item). If they sound rude in any way though I'll be sure to not accept the refund, if I'm going to do you a favor you better be sure to be on your best behavior. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On the other hand you could have probably sold that crimsonline for about 900k without too much problem (recovering about 75% of what you spent).

landman
Jun 28, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-06-28 15:48, LS_Aksion wrote:
Would really help if we had the "Mail Box" from the Expansion to leave a message about purchasing wrong items.
Then again, depends if he/she stiffs ya XD.

Yes, that is going to be great, I'm thinking now on putting my gamertag in the shop add so people can send me messages in cases like this, I have seen people having it for trade offers, why not for for customer's assistance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and I have the shop in my least used character, waiting for my arrival could be a pain...

omegapirate2k
Jun 28, 2007, 11:02 PM
Not to be an asshole or anything, but I'd laugh at you.

Ok, I'm joking.

I really am trying to be an asshole.

Maverynthia
Jun 28, 2007, 11:13 PM
I'd have given the money back with a cost. It your fault for being impatient/not careful, however I'm not going to b a complete dick about it an not give anything... So restocking fees apply!

360NyTeMaRe
Jun 28, 2007, 11:30 PM
Battlebob X is a pretty cool guy anyway! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SolomonGrundy
Jun 29, 2007, 01:07 AM
On 2007-06-28 21:02, omegapirate2k wrote:
Not to be an asshole or anything, but I'd laugh at you.

Ok, I'm joking.

I really am trying to be an asshole.

there is no try. Do or do not. The assholio force is strong in you, young pirate.