PDA

View Full Version : I'm considering buying this game.

Wyndham
Jun 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
if I got the PS2 version, how widespread is cheating, and is there any kind of FSOD?

Lamak
Jun 28, 2007, 03:45 PM
Cheating is basically dead now, don't worry. And no noling.

GutsGO
Jun 28, 2007, 03:46 PM
The cheating is very minimal right now, and hardly evident...besides an influx of meseta that was illegitimately introduced to the servers some time ago.

There is no FSOD as far as I know, player induced that is...I play on PC and never witness anything like it. But I'm sure now and then the PS2 could freeze on you randomly, but that can happen in any game.

Niered
Jun 28, 2007, 03:49 PM
My PM was NOL'ed.

...but thats cuz I named her that >>

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 04:01 PM
If cheating is that big of an issue for you, I would recommend the 360 version. While the cheating on PC/PS2 is minimal now, I would suspect that the usual suspects will be back to hack/dupe/cheat once AoI is released.

DikkyRay
Jun 28, 2007, 04:02 PM
No cheating. Well, there is, but if some nobody makes a hacked weapon and gets himself banned, its not like he screwed up the servers!
And no fsod thank god. PS2 overload though

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2007, 04:13 PM
The only thing that's currently noticeable is the insane inflation (too much meseta in the economy, meseta is no longer worth anything), and flaws caused by Sega itself. There was a hack or some sort that allowed a player enter someone else's room and steal everything, but it seems as if that's died out.

360 is currently hack free, and seems to be overall a better experience. PSUjp seems to be the best experience possible.

malice_nyc
Jun 28, 2007, 04:23 PM
Not everyone has a 360, guys, so it's not as if you always have a choice of which servers to play on.

Cheating is over. There has never been PSO-style FSODing either. There is a lot of money floating around, but that can work to your advantage. People are also pretty generous, in my experience, with helping out new players.

JAFO22000
Jun 28, 2007, 04:31 PM
True, but if cheating is that big of an issue and one REALLY wants to play this game without any cheating/duping then buying a 360 might be an option.

According you your sig, you have characters on both servers. I would assume you have two accounts? How is that working out for you?

Wyndham
Jun 28, 2007, 04:59 PM
I unfortunately do not have a 360, so that is not an option.

Dre_o
Jun 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
Don't worry bout it Oran, the hacking and haxeta don't effect you if you don't let them. I'm a level 68 and I have NO haxeta.

If you do get PSU, I'll be glad to raise one of my lower characters with you. I'm on PC.

malice_nyc
Jun 28, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-06-28 14:31, JAFO22000 wrote:
According you your sig, you have characters on both servers. I would assume you have two accounts? How is that working out for you?

I do*, but I don't want to take this thread off-topic. I might post something later, though. Long story short, they both have their ups and downs.</copout>

*My PS2 account is 192'ed -- I can't get online with it right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and I have little faith that Sega will do much about it... it took me two weeks of spamming their support form for them to even send me the right form letter. Luckily, one of my housemates has a 360.

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 28, 2007, 07:51 PM
I'm having fun with it (ps2/PC) but my main worry is that sega will pull a BB, stop updating non-jp servers etc. etc. The billing site issues have me worried...

Garnet_Moon
Jun 28, 2007, 08:42 PM
On 2007-06-28 14:59, Oran1324 wrote:

PSU isn't a reason to buy a 360 over, so that's not a problem. PSU is the same experience on all platforms.

APEXi
Jun 28, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-06-28 18:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:

PSU isn't a reason to buy a 360 over, so that's not a problem. PSU is the same experience on all platforms.

try telling that someone who's used all 3..

Garnet_Moon
Jun 28, 2007, 09:08 PM
On 2007-06-28 18:49, APEXi wrote:

You people let the little details rub your e-peens the wrong way.

Aralia
Jun 28, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-06-28 19:08, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-06-28 18:49, APEXi wrote:

You people let the little details rub your e-peens the wrong way.

lies... PC is far more enjoyable than PS2. If you want the truest PSU experience, go PC.
PS2 has a bit of a lag issue that in -certain- (3-4 at most so far.. prolly counting tomorrow's co-op) lag and slow down to the point of slow-motion.

Honestly, as a PS2 user who has played the PC version.. well.. let's just say before AoI, I'm gonna have a better PC. >.>

Garnet_Moon
Jun 28, 2007, 09:22 PM
I started on the PS2 and didn't really find the slowdown to be an issue. The only reason I moved to PC was because my PS2 broke and I didn't have the funds for a new one at the time.

Aralia
Jun 28, 2007, 09:27 PM
It's only a real issue in "Urgent Orders" "Forest Infiltration" and maybe the 2 guardian's branch co-ops. haven't tried bruce in a while and the next one isn't out till tomorrow...

but believe me, FI.... ugh.. that was hell with a party > 4.
UO... I refuse to do it in a party of anything over 4 only cause that's the minimum requirement to finish it.
Oh.. and seabed blaze.. that one's as bad as UO...

Garnet_Moon
Jun 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
After witnessing bullet time on Moatoob countless times, i'm going under the assumption that it's just as bad in those missions you mentioned as it is on Moatoob. That's only an issue if you're a perfectionist, and if that's the case, WTH are you doing on PSU in the first place.

Aralia
Jun 28, 2007, 09:50 PM
Oh I'm far from a perfectionist.. but I like to play the game at a normal speed without bullet-timing my way through the whole mission.. only to turn back around at the end and have to do it again.

The minor slow down from a 6 person party in a normal mission isn't so bad.. even the moatoob FB mission isn't so bad... it's the snail pace dramatic drop in speed that I hate.

Like.. compare this.
PSU PC is like a race car.
PSU PS2 normal missions is like a family sedan
PSU PS2 in the afforementioned missions is like a model T

like said, it's bearable.. as to why I still play.. but I am definatly upgrading once I have the money. I still affirm that PC>PS2 as an overall experience and that given the choice, I'd be on PC.
(my PC sucks, woot!)

malice_nyc
Jun 28, 2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, the PS2 has slowdown issues, but it's hardly unplayable. If all you have is a PS2, PSU is still a worthwhile game. Not to mention you don't need to install Game Guard, or be connected to the Internets to play offline. I had been playing on the PS2 version (on a PS2, then PS3) since launch, until my account got screwed up, and I have a level 80, and a few other chars... PS2 isn't perfect, but it beats offline mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Personally, I blame Sonic Team... even the 360 has slowdown and framerate issues, in solo missions even. I find it hard to believe that something like Oblivion could run perfectly on that console, but PSU can't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: malice_nyc on 2007-06-28 20:16 ]</font>