PDA

View Full Version : Braves Coat vs. Nobles Long Coat.

pionear
Jun 28, 2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20070628a

Which one is more badass?

Niered
Jun 28, 2007, 04:55 PM
BOTH.

No seriously, Im getting both the second that update is over tonight, then Im going to see which one is less worn, and ill wear that.

Thats the plan anyways.

RedX
Jun 28, 2007, 04:58 PM
neither till all males fleshies stop wearing them. Then it's Nobles.

pionear
Jun 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah, It seems like the new Clothes are going to be the new Cast Wings...

Everyone and their momma will be wearing these...I wish it was a way to customize the colors of the clothes.

Dragwind
Jun 28, 2007, 05:20 PM
I had plans to wear this for ages as my WT uniform, so I'm not letting that stop me.

XReikaX
Jun 28, 2007, 05:26 PM
<< I know Im getting that skirt thing, thats hecka cute..although I'll probly ditch it cuz I love Pritia + Karawai too much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 28, 2007, 05:29 PM
They are both wicked but i would say go with the Braves coat.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 28, 2007, 05:32 PM
I've been waiting for the Braves Coat since I don't know how long, tonight I'm DEFINITELY picking it up.

EDIT: And now the wait is on for the Punishment Jacket (Ethan's new gear)...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaDragoon on 2007-06-28 15:33 ]</font>

PJ
Jun 28, 2007, 05:45 PM
I like how all the people will skip out on it simply because it'll popular.

Well, more coat for me, thanks.

Not sure which I prefer, both are awesome.

Dragwind
Jun 28, 2007, 05:55 PM
I know right. Shame. The trend will go away sooner or later when the masses get tired of it, and the lovers of the coats will remain.

LS_Aksion
Jun 28, 2007, 06:03 PM
well, if the Noble Jacket comes in Orange, im there!

APEXi
Jun 28, 2007, 08:36 PM
anyone else notice they have the pics for the hegel and blitz attackers next to the wrong name?

pikachief
Jun 28, 2007, 08:39 PM
On 2007-06-28 18:36, APEXi wrote:
anyone else notice they have the pics for the hegel and blitz attackers next to the wrong name?

yup! did anyone notice they gave us the sucky ones first? i think they knew they were sucky so thats y their giving us the A versions of these first XD

APEXi
Jun 28, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-06-28 18:39, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-06-28 18:36, APEXi wrote:

yup! did anyone notice they gave us the sucky ones first? i think they knew they were sucky so thats y their giving us the A versions of these first XD

they like to tease us. starve for more content. like hanging a carrot infront of a mule(?analogy). oh, and looks like your sig failed to persuade enough people..

Kent
Jun 28, 2007, 09:11 PM
Anyone have pictures that show all of the colors for the new clothing?

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 28, 2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, in a game as populated as this..I think it's kind of silly to skip out on wearing something just because its popular or whatever, lol. With this many people playing, it's hard to be unique.

After the update, I'll probably pick up the bottoms to one of them. I'm not quite sure which is which, so...yeah..all I know is I can FINALLY have white pants T_T!

Okay, let me re-phrase that. I can have white pants without having some weird green stripe at the bottom of them or a long black line going down them with some weird writing on them :3.

Anyway, can't wait for the update. I might be getting me some new apparel soon XD

omegapirate2k
Jun 28, 2007, 10:51 PM
I'm going to toss either the braves or nobles coat on my alt character,and will probably wear the braves pants on my main.

Maverynthia
Jun 28, 2007, 10:53 PM
Blah, nothing new for casts... I feel opressed!

Retehi
Jun 28, 2007, 11:00 PM
My main character has been wearing the same clothes since almost December. Can't wait to grab a yellow Braves Coat.

Kaydin
Jun 28, 2007, 11:15 PM
I think I'm gonna nab both, and switch between them. I perfer the Nobles Coat though.

The pants I don't like. I'm gonna have to do something original. Can't have me looking like everyone else. =O
Especially since a good friend of mine thinks the coats are tacky... >.>;

360NyTeMaRe
Jun 28, 2007, 11:26 PM
I noticed all the goths, emos, and maniacs are super excited about trenchcoats, and they think they're so "badass"...

If I had to choose one, it'd be whichever one is the red one in the picture, except I'd get a color BESIDES black or red, and I'd make my character look like a FOmar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-06-28 21:27 ]</font>

KamiSori
Jun 28, 2007, 11:35 PM
black nobles coat will be mine. ill probably buy two colors of both the nobles and the braves cuz i like switching things up.

Reginaldo
Jun 29, 2007, 12:29 AM
I've been wearing my orange and black braves jacket since october....I'm so happy about this update

xennec
Jun 29, 2007, 01:27 AM
On 2007-06-28 19:11, Kent wrote:

Shiryuu
Jun 29, 2007, 01:28 AM
On 2007-06-28 19:11, Kent wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Shiryuu/PSU/barnesandnobles.jpg

Jakosifer
Jun 29, 2007, 01:30 AM
I'll definately be getting the Black and Yellow one...Might not wear it much, since I love my current outfit.

xennec
Jun 29, 2007, 01:31 AM
Thanks! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Finae
Jun 29, 2007, 03:45 AM
Yeah, the people who say they aren't going to wear it because everyone else will need to have a reality check here. Would you rather have nothing at all and be wearing the same old clothes from start of game? Anyways, this is one clothing update for males that I have been eagerly awaiting since it seems in most games, the devs don't give you cool clothing like this. This beats the cast F parts by far. Makes me glad I have a male character that wear clothes. But don't worry, if you are cast and complain about how everyone else will wear whatever, you won't be getting anything for a long time so be glad.

Eh the cast wing fad? That **** was ugly since day one. Its a shame there won't be any good female clothing until aoi imo. Be kinda cool for females to have what the males are getting today, but then again, some consider that "not feminine."

Anyways, won't be on my cast for a very long time. Time to finish leveling all striking pas and become a fighgunner on my beast instead.

landman
Jun 29, 2007, 03:54 AM
When I see a black character with the same swimsuit as mine I stalk him to make him understand the situation... sometimes it works lol so yea, maybe I will buy some of the new clothes but I'm not changing my actual look

F-Gattaca
Jun 29, 2007, 04:38 AM
The main reason I'll be getting one of the Braves Coats--preferrably the coat that looks the most tannish--is because it's the only thing that approximates the look of this (http://adultimum.net/rw/images/sht_acolyte_m.jpg). I just wish that there were more "dominant colored" Braves Coats like the red one--so I could get a dominant tan one.

Cue Sounomi shuddering due to RO reference.

Retehi
Jun 29, 2007, 05:14 AM
LOL I love all the people complaining about how everyones wearing these now. It's cute. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Man am I glad to have something new on.

Shou
Jun 29, 2007, 05:15 AM
I thought i would like the Braves better but.... I think the Nobles kicks more A$$ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

err >> spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shou on 2007-06-29 15:55 ]</font>

GlacialTerror
Jun 29, 2007, 06:13 AM
This is making me wish the swimsuit glitch was still there. I want to mix-match a little more ><

Nai_Calus
Jun 29, 2007, 06:38 AM
They both are made of vast, mind-numbing amounts of fail and utter lose. Seriously, the Braves coat is incompatible with like, half the male hairs, and the collar is so high it's a wonder you can see over it. We won't get into the Nobles one, rofl. Most of the colour combos look like they were designed by someone who was colour-blind, except for like two variations of the Braves Coat. >_>

The Braves Pants, on the other hand, are nice and classy and made of utter win, and come in some pwn colour combos.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2007, 07:00 AM
IMO some of the color varients look very nice and when matched with certain other pants/bottoms etc look pretty cool. Some color varients look bad, like the brown Noble's coat. I don't care about minor cliping issues.

It's not-so-cool that 99% of all male fleshies are wearing the same colors of the Braves Coat or the Noble Coat. Ppl's characters are starting to look like a group-think type army of Clones made by GRM itself.

With so many players that are tossing uniqueness out the window currently; I think I'll wait a few months before I wear my own Coat+bottoms or pants combo.

Hopefully by then people will be tired of the coats and very few will be wearing them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-06-29 05:02 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jun 29, 2007, 07:13 AM
Oh, some of them do, yeah. While guaranteed to be overdone, the blue/yellow Braves coat looks nice. So does the red one.

One of the Braves Pants variants turns out to be just about perfect with the dark blue Roar Roars vest, though, which solves the problem I've been pondering while waiting for the clothing discounts of which pants to get with it. XP

_Wolf_
Jun 29, 2007, 07:46 AM
On 2007-06-28 23:28, Shiryuu wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Shiryuu/PSU/barnesandnobles.jpg

barnesandnobles lol

Garin
Jun 29, 2007, 09:56 AM
It's rather strange finding stuff that works with the sets besides their own pieces, and that's kind of what I'm going for. I like the nobles coat, but not the pants. I like the new braves shoes as well, though not the coat so much. However... there's a certain someone from Super Robot Taisen I'd like to see running around as a sword fortefighter.

Edit: Found a decent look only using 1 piece from each of the two new sets. I dunno about the braves coat. It looks.... agh.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/Garin4/aghcoats.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garin on 2007-06-29 08:12 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jun 29, 2007, 10:14 AM
Before heading off to work, I signed on for a brief look-around at the new stuff. Just for kicks I went into CUBIC DESIGN in Holtes City to try on the new coats and pants. Didn't buy any, though, as I don't think they look that good on my character. (I prefer sleeveless stuff anyway, so I'll stick with my Roar Roars set. Got to show off my tattoo and all, right?) Anyway, as I exited the changing room, another player who was sitting in the lobby of the store congratulated me on being the first person she'd seen who didn't come out with the Nobles or Braves Coat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DreamLocke
Jun 29, 2007, 10:51 AM
I find both of them quite ugly. Fur collars look weird in PSU. And the color combinations are horrible on both of them. I will save my money.

Garin
Jun 29, 2007, 10:55 AM
On 2007-06-29 08:51, DreamLocke wrote:
I find both of them quite ugly. Fur collars look weird in PSU. And the color combinations are horrible on both of them. I will save my money.

As you can see, I like the color blue. Yellow's not a bad color, just that the blue nobles coat has a yellow undershirt, so... coordination or something.

A lot of the clothes just don't coordinate very well or look silly. It reminds me of running around on World of Warcraft with random gear that makes you look like a damn rainbow with all the colors and different models.

eightball
Jun 29, 2007, 11:41 AM
Blah, nothing new for casts... I feel opressed
How about the three new SUV's that you're getting...how bout some beast love, give new nanoblasts!

CrimsomWolf
Jun 29, 2007, 11:45 AM
I think that I like more the trenchcoat-thingy thing... Noble or how was it.....
But too bad that there's no purple-black scheme.... it would remind me of ZAFT uniforms
form ending of Gundam SEED.... you know... when they tried to fry Earth using that huge gamma ray laser....

Besides I simply like trenchcoats.

VanHalen
Jun 29, 2007, 11:57 AM
I like them both but, I think they look better on Humans than they do Newmans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif .

Actually they look better on Humans than any other race.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-06-29 10:01 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 29, 2007, 12:01 PM
they came, I saw, I tried on, they're ugly!

THE JACKEL

jerkweed88
Jun 29, 2007, 03:44 PM
I'm not gonna not wear something just because everyone else wears it too. That is some kind of emo kid non conformist logic. I will wear what I enjoy and what I think looks cool. Thought I'd put in my input but I think it's ludicrus that you wouldn't wear something just because everyone else is. When it comes down to it, you just gotta do what you want to do

-Ryuki-
Jun 29, 2007, 03:49 PM
They were meant for humans. They're sold in Parum, after all >.>

Lonzell
Jun 29, 2007, 04:09 PM
My green and black Braves outfit is made of secks and win!

omegapirate2k
Jun 29, 2007, 04:16 PM
I'm tossing the blue braves coat on my alt.

Zainith
Jun 29, 2007, 04:27 PM
Braves Coat is saved for my Wartecher when I get the PC version. I have the full dark purple(eh?) with green bands Nobles, mainly because the green bands match my Fortefighter's hair. It still cost me 75k though, even after the Parum discount =/

DreamLocke
Jun 29, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-06-29 10:01, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
they came, I saw, I tried on, they're ugly!

THE JACKEL

Thank you. I will not pay a fortune just to look ugly. Plus my beast likes to show off his big armz lol.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2007, 05:44 PM
Yes, spread the word the Noble and Brave Coats are wacked and ugly, convince all your pals their characters look crummy with those coats on... yes do that please. <_< ..... >_>

Lonzell
Jun 29, 2007, 05:46 PM
They are only ugly on ugly avatars. Fashionable avatars like mine however, look sexy+1 with'em on. Even my goggles match with my uniform.

Garin
Jun 29, 2007, 05:49 PM
Haha, I've seen a few people running around with just the coat on and weird out of place assortments. I won't get annoyed about the coats until I see I've either cloned someone (Here's looking at you Chad, with that damn braves white and purple and black/purple pants!) or someone's dressed nearly the same. Even then it's only an issue if they wanna whine about it, lol.

xennec
Jun 29, 2007, 08:08 PM
On 2007-06-29 15:46, Lonzell wrote:
They are only ugly on ugly avatars. Fashionable avatars like mine however, look sexy+1 with'em on.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 30, 2007, 12:36 AM
I'm glad that we finally got these sets. Not because they look goth. Not because they look emo. I like them because they actually look dignified and somewhat formal, which is something PSU entirely lacks otherwise. I get tired of wearing outlandish looking shirts that seemingly defy gravity and ugly shorts (to be fair, some colors of BoaBoa shorts look nice). It's nice to have something that looks more formal and dignified.

We need a suit coat set of clothes, complete with black tie (and option for bow tie, obv) and cuff links, etc. That would be pure win. It's like no one in Gurhal has ever heard of a "button."

Also, Braves Pants is hands-down the best pair of male pants in the entire game. Flaxo is about all that comes close (and certain colors of BoaBoa shorts, again), everything else looks utterly ridiculous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-06-29 22:38 ]</font>

Uraiel_Geru
Jun 30, 2007, 02:20 AM
I like the Braves Coat better, myself. The mid-length look of the Nobles Long Coat is cool, but the collar on the Braves Coat is awesome, where the one on the Nobles Long Coat I don't really care for.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 30, 2007, 10:09 AM
If you think the Braves/Nobles Coats are "flat out ugly"...you need your eyes checked. One of the best outfits for male characters, easily.

To all the folks like me who have wanted one for like, ever, glad it's finally here. Those worried about being unique, just ride out the initial "new clothing" phase.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaDragoon on 2007-06-30 08:12 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jun 30, 2007, 10:59 AM
It looks ok on my alt character, didn't care for the pants on my main, however.

Dragwind
Jun 30, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-06-29 22:36, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
I'm glad that we finally got these sets. Not because they look goth. Not because they look emo. I like them because they actually look dignified and somewhat formal, which is something PSU entirely lacks otherwise. I get tired of wearing outlandish looking shirts that seemingly defy gravity and ugly shorts (to be fair, some colors of BoaBoa shorts look nice). It's nice to have something that looks more formal and dignified.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-06-29 22:38 ]</font>

It's about time someone doesn't compare it to a real life trend. THIS IS PSU GODDAMIT. Don't compare it to a goth/emo look, because this isn't rl. This is psu. You like it or you don't. If you like it, great. If you don't, go yell into your pillow, because no one cares. This is about comparison of the two coats, not "zomfg it looks emo" Get over yourself. Thank you for the intelligent post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DRAGOUSCHRIS on 2007-06-30 09:08 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 30, 2007, 11:20 AM
I finally have a new shirt and shoes after so many months of having the Innocent set (and I remember when nearly everyone wore Innocent). I've gone from B-movie space captain to anime space captain!

It's just too bad the blue Braves Coat doesn't have them yellow shoulder things like what Cap'n Crunch wears.

Garin
Jun 30, 2007, 11:27 AM
It's too bad the coat doesn't have better shoulders, and that you can't quite match up the boots to look like this guy. ;)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/Garin4/reference.jpg

Sexy_Raine
Jun 30, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-06-30 09:20, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
I finally have a new shirt and shoes after so many months of having the Innocent set (and I remember when nearly everyone wore Innocent). I've gone from B-movie space captain to anime space captain!

It's just too bad the blue Braves Coat doesn't have them yellow shoulder things like what Cap'n Crunch wears.

Jife, you haven't changed your clothes in ages, it's about time. Your clothing closet probably has flies in it, since has used in a long time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Astarin
Jun 30, 2007, 02:42 PM
I'm with Ffuzzy. The new male sets add a more sophisticated option that has been sorely missing from my wardrobe. I like the Braves set better, myself, because the Nobles set looks funny on Astarin. I've seen others pull it off, though.

And yes! Braves Pants = win. We finally have a basic, decent pair of pants! They fit perfectly, not skin tight, not overly baggy. The cuffs aren't really low and bunchy looking at the bottom (Innocent), there's no strange bum-emphasizing bands (Braves ST), they're not floods that look kinda cool but don't go with anything (Wakakusa) and they're not super baggy (Flaxo). There's no strange lines or patterns, and they come in a variety of easy-to-coordinate, neutral colours. <3

I'm such a fashion whore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Astarin on 2007-06-30 12:43 ]</font>

Lonzell
Jun 30, 2007, 02:47 PM
The nobles set wins when you wear it without any pants. Try it out.