PDA

View Full Version : JP release date for Illuminus set!!

EspioKaos
Jun 28, 2007, 11:38 PM
Just posted this on the front page, but I'll post it here, too.

Reported earlier today by Rakuten Ichiba (http://item.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/jan-4974365831981/), the Japanese release date for the PC and PS2 versions of Ambition of the Illuminus has been set for September 27th! According to the article, the expansion's story mode will be a retelling of the events of our current game's online story missions (Episode 2) complete with voice overs during event sequences as well as a more powerful story. Following this, the network mode of Ambition of the Illuminus will feature a new series of story missions to be known as Episode 3.

Ready...? Discuss!

Ash1ey
Jun 28, 2007, 11:41 PM
Sweet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Thanks for posting this!

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 28, 2007, 11:42 PM
So I take it then that the 360 version is being held back to the same time US and EU gets it.

Anyway glad to hear there's a date, and it's so close too! Have any major importers posted for pre-order yet?

vfloresjr24
Jun 28, 2007, 11:43 PM
That can only mean that the U.S. version is not too far away. *screams like a little school girl*

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 28, 2007, 11:43 PM
Oh God, yes.

Hope our US release will only be behind for 1 month maximum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-06-28 21:46 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jun 28, 2007, 11:44 PM
Hm, a release date? Sounds good, but knowing Sega, it's not definite. ;]

D1ABOLIK
Jun 28, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-06-28 21:44, Dhylec wrote:
Hm, a release date? Sounds good, but knowing Sega, it's not definite. ;]

Yes,but it gives us somewhat of a time frame.I,personally,am counting the days,(even though i dont know how many)till we get the expansion.

________
List Of Transmissions (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Mazda_transmissions)

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 28, 2007, 11:49 PM

EspioKaos
Jun 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
On 2007-06-28 21:42, Jonathan_F wrote:
So I take it then that the 360 version is being held back to the same time US and EU gets it.
Yeah, it appears that way. I guess I kind of expected that, though.

Anyway glad to hear there's a date, and it's so close too! Have any major importers posted for pre-order yet?

It's at Amazon.co.jp (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BB%E3%82%AC-658062-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B7%E3%8 3%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A6%E3%83%8B% E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9-%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9F%E3%83%8A%E3%82%B9%E3%8 1%AE%E9%87%8E%E6%9C%9B/dp/B000IN8GDC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/250-5573390-3005856?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1183092404&sr=8-1). Well, the PS2 version, at least.

vfloresjr24
Jun 28, 2007, 11:52 PM
Some how I can for see a offical and unoffical count down topics being made with in a week. *Scratches head*

Rashiid
Jun 28, 2007, 11:52 PM
koolie! we`ll get it 1-2 months after right? (in theory)

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 29, 2007, 12:02 AM
Was there anything else in there like anything on an AOI soundtrack?

McLaughlin
Jun 29, 2007, 12:04 AM
So a voiced over Ep. II eh? guess that's why they let you use your character.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 29, 2007, 12:06 AM
Countdown you say?

Saturday 30 June, 2007 AD at 1:0:5 AM Eastern Standard Time

To:
Thursday 27 September, 2007 AD at 12:0:0 AM Japan Standard Time

Difference is 7635595 seconds

Or... 88 days 8 hours 59 minutes 55 seconds

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-06-28 22:08 ]</font>

Mayu
Jun 29, 2007, 12:10 AM
yay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EspioKaos
Jun 29, 2007, 12:13 AM
On 2007-06-28 22:02, Jonathan_F wrote:
Was there anything else in there like anything on an AOI soundtrack?
Unfortunately not. I'm quite positive that a CD will be released, though. I'll be keeping my eyes open for any info on it, of course. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As far as other info in the article, nothing that we don't already know. It just mentions the addition of new battle types, weapons, items, dungeons, lobbies, enemies, etc.

Helly
Jun 29, 2007, 01:05 AM
Ep.II rehashed!

Just as predicted..

Turbobrain
Jun 29, 2007, 01:12 AM
On 2007-06-28 23:05, Helly wrote:
Ep.II rehashed!

Just as predicted..

Hmm, I hope that is really not the case.... the online story could just carry it off... as a whole game it WILL fail.

Which would be a shame as eveything I have seen of AOI looks VERY promising.

I hope they have REALLy done something good to the story. Not just a rehash. I hope.

WolfBlade
Jun 29, 2007, 02:17 AM
Cant wait ( ^_^ )

imfanboy
Jun 29, 2007, 02:36 AM
And who says that they won't do Ep3 after AoI comes out?

Me, I'm more interested in an ongoing story than I am in one that ends; I think that if - IF, GODDAMMIT, IF - Sonic Team actually manages to do this whole episode thing RIGHT they may have a relatively unique experience amongst online RPGs.

-Ryuki-
Jun 29, 2007, 02:45 AM
According to a PS fanboy, all US PS games have come out 2 months after the JP releases.
Meaning, November will be our release for AoI. The date I gave out, November 20th, isn't
too far off from the bullseye.

Kimil
Jun 29, 2007, 02:46 AM
Late November... LOL, right in time for my fucking first term Exams >_< I demand an explination for this BULLSHIT >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-06-29 00:47 ]</font>

gambit04
Jun 29, 2007, 02:54 AM
On 2007-06-29 00:46, Kimil wrote:
Late November... LOL, right in time for my fucking first term Exams >_< I demand an explination for this BULLSHIT >.<

yes this is bullshit looks like another semester of low grades for me >.>

haha I have my priorities straight...

ghost_zero
Jun 29, 2007, 06:04 AM
"Network Mode"? Sure that it isn't online mode?

EspioKaos
Jun 29, 2007, 06:06 AM
On 2007-06-29 04:04, ghost_zero wrote:
"Network Mode"? Sure that it isn't online mode?

Network, online. Same thing.

ghost_zero
Jun 29, 2007, 06:49 AM
For PSU maybe... but normally if you use the term network you mean local network (LAN) play which isn't online at all...

EspioKaos
Jun 29, 2007, 06:59 AM
On 2007-06-29 04:49, ghost_zero wrote:
For PSU maybe... but normally if you use the term network you mean local network (LAN) play which isn't online at all...

Point. But, obviously I mean PSU.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 29, 2007, 07:33 AM
I don't really care much if the offline story mode for AoI is the same as the online story mode for current. People are mainly gonna play AoI for its online mode anyway.

Zeota
Jun 29, 2007, 08:21 AM
As an importer, I'm a tad miffed that it comes out smack dab in the middle of school. I just know I'm not doing a damn thing that day or that weekend. My inner cynic tells me the servers will be borked again like last time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkEpyon00 on 2007-06-29 06:21 ]</font>

Golto
Jun 29, 2007, 08:21 AM
So does that mean the offline mode will not have a lot of the new stuff found in AOI?

EspioKaos
Jun 29, 2007, 08:56 AM
On 2007-06-29 00:36, imfanboy wrote:
And who says that they won't do Ep3 after AoI comes out?
No question about it; Episode 3 has been confirmed by this report. It will be released the same way that our current Episode 2 is being released.

On 2007-06-29 00:36, imfanboy wrote:
Me, I'm more interested in an ongoing story than I am in one that ends...

Totally agree! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2007-06-29 06:21, Golto wrote:
So does that mean the offline mode will not have a lot of the new stuff found in AOI?

If I recall correctly, the article says that story mode will feature some of the new stuff from network mode. It'll probably be like the current game where some of the high-ranking weapons and line shields are there, but there will be plenty more that are exclusively online. (I would check the article now, but I'm at work and the computer I'm using doesn't have Japanese fonts installed, so I wouldn't be able to read anything except a large block of question marks. If only I could find the Windows CD, then I could install the proper fonts. Maybe I'll rummage around the office for it when I have a chance...)

Serephim
Jun 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
On 2007-06-29 04:49, ghost_zero wrote:

dont count on it.

CrimsomWolf
Jun 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
So in offline they'll simply retell story of online Ep.2 but with voices, eh???

Sounds like Sega doesn't really know how to make interesting storyline..... shame really.....
Still, I hope that it's just my pessimistic thinking, as AOI still has a lot potential to get better than PSU

Providing that Sega won't screw up.

EspioKaos
Jun 29, 2007, 01:15 PM
On 2007-06-29 09:56, CrimsomWolf wrote:
So in offline they'll simply retell story of online Ep.2 but with voices, eh???

Sounds like Sega doesn't really know how to make interesting storyline..... shame really.....
Still, I hope that it's just my pessimistic thinking, as AOI still has a lot potential to get better than PSU

Providing that Sega won't screw up.

Maybe I should clarify my translation of this just a bit. Ambition won't be just a retelling of Episode 2, but a... reworking, I guess you could say. More substance will be added to the story -- we can take that as more plot points, more interaction and more back story. Oh, let's take the opening movie of the expansion for example. I'll hide this in spoiler tags just in case you or anyone else haven't seen it and don't want to before the game comes out.

The opening movie starts off with Ethan walking away from the Holtes City GUARDIANS HQ. Perhaps we get to actually see what happened after the closing of Episode 1 and the beginning of Episode 2? We might get to see exactly what led to Ethan's "downfall" and such. Also, I recall a scene of Leo in a HIVE leading people out of an area. (He also had a shotgun that fired like a machine gun. I'm curious about that.) This could mean that we get to see Leo taking his team into the HIVE before most everyone gets wiped out by the SEED. In the current Episode 2, all we ever see are the bodies of a number of Guardians all over the place and Leo, half-dead, telling us what happened. All speculation, but there's nothing wrong with that, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rashiid
Jun 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
what happens after that? i was stuck on that stupid key part and i lost intrest on finishing it.

i juss wanna know the storyline....

Zorafim
Jun 29, 2007, 01:50 PM
Ah, great. No new stuff, just improved old stuff. Well, maybe it'll give me an appreciation for EP.II, seeing how it kind of sucks at the moment... I hope they focus on things that haven't already been focused on.

So, PSUjp gets their expansion at the end of October, huh? So basically, one year after they got the game itself?

Para
Jun 29, 2007, 01:51 PM
It would be nice to see SEGA making people pay to play for the story portion of the game unlike the original game which many people downloaded, played for story and just left it like that.

watashiwa
Jun 29, 2007, 02:05 PM
Episode 2 hasn't even ended online yet, has it?

Golto
Jun 29, 2007, 02:36 PM
Now we know around how long till the JPN gets AOI I'm a bit curious how the remaining updates for PSU v1 will go. The way things look now they only have 1 or 2 updates unless there will be a lot more new missions.

CrimsomWolf
Jun 29, 2007, 03:19 PM
But still, all of the story will be based on Ep.2 right? I don't mean that it'll be the same.... just that large parts will be based on it. I mean it'll be like in evolution of ....tanks(bet you didn't see that coming). The same base, some parts ect,
Just guns are bigger, armor better, engine more powerful... but it's all just improved.... It's all based on the same thing.
And I privetly hoped that Sega would come up with some differently new story... but I guess it can't be helped now can it?

Alisha
Jun 29, 2007, 09:10 PM
On 2007-06-29 00:45, RyukiZero wrote:
According to a PS fanboy, all US PS games have come out 2 months after the JP releases.
Meaning, November will be our release for AoI. The date I gave out, November 20th, isn't
too far off from the bullseye.

anyone that was around for ver2 knows this is dead wrong. also i hope they make the offline story harder or at least resemble online mode difficulty more.

EspioKaos
Jun 30, 2007, 01:45 AM
On 2007-06-29 11:23, Rashiid wrote:
what happens after that? i was stuck on that stupid key part and i lost intrest on finishing it.

i juss wanna know the storyline....

I'll just highlight some key points.

* You and Laia witness something that was believed to be impossible: the transformation of an organic creature into a SEED-Form.
* HIVE #3 is captured (not destroyed, so as to not spread A-photon energy all over the place) following the defeat of a Dulk Fakis in the HIVE's core.
* We find out that Maya is working on a vaccine for the SEED-Virus; her work is done in memory of Dr. Taragi.
* After some tests are run, results come back saying that Hyuga might be infected with the SEED-Virus. He will be kept under close observation.
* The GUARDIANS Colony is attacked by the Illuminus (at least, everyone suspects it was them who attacked) and SEED-infected animals escape from the labs into the residential areas.
* Turns out that Laia is President Dallgun's adopted daughter.
* During a mission on Moatoob to track down Dr. Tomrain, we come across Ethan, all dressed up in his new black and green clothes. He fills us in on what the Illuminus are up to.
* The Illuminus are forcing Dr. Tomrain to build A-photon bombs, known as Sochee. They plan on using the bombs along with the SEED to kill off all non-human races.
* Hyuga mysteriously disappears from his hospital room. You, Laia and Maya follow a trail of clues to his location which take you through GRM's labs.
* Something about GRM and the AMF; one's using the other for mal intents. I need to go back and replay the mission to get more info on this.
* Next mission takes you to Neudaiz where you have to provide security for the Holy Light Festa.
* Of course, the Illuminus attacks to disrupt the festival, ultimately leading to it being cancelled.
* Mt. Ohtoku disappears during the attack.
* The Communion of Gurhal's HQ is attacked by the Illuminus; while there, however, you run into Ethan.
* Following Ethan takes you to a hidden room where you find nine capsules all with young women in them. Laia questsion Lord Rutsu about the girls, but his answer is an obvious cover. He says they are training to become Divine Maidens, but sometimes their training makes them lose consciousness. (...)
* Further investigation uncovers that the girls were being used to power a device similar to an LSS, the shield that protected the Landeel from the SEED in Episode 1.
* Mt. Ohtoku suddenly reappears. Apparently its "switch" was flipped. No, seriously. It has a power supply of sorts.
* Final mission, you go on a rescue mission to save Dr. Tomrain. He has been tracked down to some previously unknown RELICS on Moatoob.
* For this mission, you team up with Ethan. It is revealed that he is being blackmailed by the Illuminus as they are holding his father, who we were all told had died many years ago.
* You track down Dr. Tomrain after running into (another) Magashi. But, an A-photon bomb has been activated here, so you must escape withing a certain time limit. Before running, you get a strange, garbled call from Hyuga which suddenly ends in a scream. During the escape, you'll encounter a new enemy: SEED-Venas. This guy is incvincible, so all you can do is run.
* You escape the RELICS just in time with the help of Tylor and the Landeel.
* Laia calls Hyuga back after escaping; when he answers, he says he has no idea where he is, then states that he feels very strange. (Many people believe that it was actually Hyuga who transformed into the Venas. I guess it's possible.)
* Hyuga reveals that GRM are creating SEED weapons. Dr. Tomrain apparently already knew this.

Hope that helps!

Myphys
Jun 30, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-06-29 11:15, EspioKaos wrote:
Maybe I should clarify my translation of this just a bit. Ambition won't be just a retelling of Episode 2, but a... reworking, I guess you could say. More substance will be added to the story -- we can take that as more plot points, more interaction and more back story. Oh, let's take the opening movie of the expansion for example. I'll hide this in spoiler tags just in case you or anyone else haven't seen it and don't want to before the game comes out.

..."reworked" episode 2 is still just episode 2.
It's very unlikely to see Sonic Team dramatically improve episode 2. They're not that good of a developer.

On 2007-06-29 11:51, Para wrote:
It would be nice to see SEGA making people pay to play for the story portion of the game unlike the original game which many people downloaded, played for story and just left it like that.

I paid for my PSU, and never once went online...
Why should I have to pay for online fees just to play a offline game, which was rather lackluster...
In my opinion, they didn't deserve my money since they promised a proper "epic" story offline.
They didn't deliver that, and I'd say I'm not the only one who believes that. PSU didn't really have a RPG feel to it.

PSO episode 3 clearly showed that they had what it took to make a good story...where did those people go?!

Final note: PSU episode 3 is online only? Looks like there's going to more expansions coming then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Myphys on 2007-06-30 00:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Myphys on 2007-06-30 02:36 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jun 30, 2007, 02:56 AM
On 2007-06-30 00:41, Myphys wrote:
PSO episode 3 clearly showed that they had what it took to make a good story...where those people go?!

You misspelled "Skies of Arcadia".

Myphys
Jun 30, 2007, 04:31 AM
On 2007-06-30 00:56, Zorafim wrote:
You misspelled "Skies of Arcadia".

Indeed I did!
Too bad I never got to play that game...I was waiting for it to come out on PC. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

donkeybeatz
Jun 30, 2007, 06:12 PM
So I was looking through Amazon for the original copy of PSO for the DC and I came across this link (http://www.amazon.com/Phantasy-Star-Universe-Amibition-Illuminus/dp/B000RLEMD8/ref=sr_1_25/103-0026596-8323855?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1183244435&sr=8-25).

According to Amazon.com, the game will be released here on November 20th.
And for $30? HEL YEH

Kairi_Li
Jul 1, 2007, 11:52 PM
Is Amazon legit with the date and price? Please let it be true, 30 bucks is defintly better than the price of a whole new game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-07-01 21:53 ]</font>