PDA

View Full Version : It's kind of weird, Firebreak over and all.

Turbobrain
Jun 29, 2007, 01:08 AM
Yep, just did last mission. It was kind of weird leaving Endrum.... I'm sure it will never be that busy again.

In fact this may be 1st and last FB, given AOI's impendinfg release.

I did not care for it at first too much, but it grew on me and I made many cool friends there and had a great time.

May the spirit of Firebreak live on in all of us, and the good times... those co-op missions forced people to think and work together to get results. See y'all around, I'll be hitting Silent Warriors S2.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 29, 2007, 01:10 AM
Why would AoI have anything to do with FB? The SEED will always be around.

pionear
Jun 29, 2007, 01:10 AM
Awww....How touching...

But anyway, I'm pretty sure they will have an S2 rank missions there with some uber rares for people to get.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 29, 2007, 01:11 AM
I just sat at the fountain lobby near the end.
Did a little bit of Fraps around the event lobbies and Parum to keep as good memories.

I liked Firebreak but if only there were more to be explored with the purification points and such. Maybe next year, right?

The_Gio
Jun 29, 2007, 01:11 AM
heh it was the opposite for me. At first I would say, support firebreak help us clear the infestation!, now im just excited for all the new stuff we're getting in a couple of hours

Mayu
Jun 29, 2007, 01:12 AM
No Purifying egg things or zoona w/e http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif yay!

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2007, 01:14 AM
It was overall pretty darn fun. I will miss the missions, and the fun times had with various players, I will especially miss Urgent Orders which was most fun IMO.
I *PRAY* we get a US version of the Famitsu Cup Event and somekind of "Icebreak" Event in the near future.

I and the team I had joined just pulled off an S rank on an Urgent Orders B run with 15 min. left until d/c for the Maintanence/Update. woot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Serephim
Jun 29, 2007, 01:16 AM
We still are going to get the ice mission.

And its going to be much harder. Instead of fireballs that instantly One Hit Rape us, we'll have lv 30 barta and Dambarta that One Hit Rapes AND Freezes us.

i joined during firebreak, so im curious as to what they took out to allow firebreak to be here.

Helly
Jun 29, 2007, 01:16 AM
http://www.neo-prosperity.net/LindzChan/Multimedia/pso/quest/fbfinal.jpg

During the final hour I did more Heat Wave runs then I had did the entire month (which wasn't much to be honest) just to try and reach the 300% goal for cheap laughs. Fell alil short~but it was all in good fun, right down to the mid-mission maintenance disconnection. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Turbobrain
Jun 29, 2007, 01:17 AM
On 2007-06-28 23:10, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Why would AoI have anything to do with FB? The SEED will always be around.

As I understand it the main threat is not from the seed in AOI, it is from the Illuminas and their A-photon bomb. Given that I dont see how it would be crediable to have another FB given the story continuity.

Though that never meant a bean on PSO.

Also, PSU as a whole could, well... you know if things dont get better... UI started it was 3 uni's full on my version. Now hard to get one. In 6 months it's lost a lot of ppl. If that trend continues....

Though again there are always us hardcore Phanatsy Star ppl who sick by it whatever, I guess.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 29, 2007, 01:20 AM
Anyone know when maintenance is going to be over? Wondering if I should stay up an wait for it or just go to bed.

Siertes
Jun 29, 2007, 01:29 AM
Guess I'll still pull out my photon eraser from time to time and zap things for fun.

darthplagis
Jun 29, 2007, 01:30 AM
well i only caught the back few weeks of FB, didnt get my pan ticket due to UO jaggo hunters (damn i didnt even get a puyoment either!!).

overall i think it was a fun event that, should sega have put a block on heatwave islands (say like o lvl 20+) it would have been better. i will miss the MP and C rank cash tho (my max lvl dude is 34) but knowing sega there WILL be more of the same soon.

hey kitewolfblood i feel the pain....... its only 7:30 here in UK and im itchin to get some rappys from linear line!

Jakosifer
Jun 29, 2007, 01:32 AM
Firebreak was fun while it lasted. Now I want S rank Twin Daggers. >_____>

The_Gio
Jun 29, 2007, 01:34 AM
On 2007-06-28 23:16, Serephim wrote:

And its going to be much harder. Instead of fireballs that instantly One Hit Rape us, we'll have lv 30 barta and Dambarta that One Hit Rapes AND Freezes us.

lol yeah! its what we all wanted all this time

Aralia
Jun 29, 2007, 01:34 AM
Honestly.. I'm so glad it's all gone. Tomorrow I am -so- going to spam some "her secret mission" runs.

*must....get.....morbinia!!!! @.@*

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 29, 2007, 02:03 AM
I returned all those photon erasers. I'll save that inventory space for all those sweet 10-15* items...

Siertes
Jun 29, 2007, 02:06 AM
On 2007-06-29 00:03, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I returned all those photon erasers. I'll save that inventory space for all those sweet 10-15* items...

Well I'll never be seeing any of the S rank goodies so ZAP ZAP ZAP!!!

imfanboy
Jun 29, 2007, 02:44 AM
On 2007-06-28 23:16, Serephim wrote:
We still are going to get the ice mission.

Heh, heh, heh... and not to mention the fact that there's no storebought armor with any decent amount of ice %!

they actually didn't take anything out; they just topped off our current missions with the firebreak ones.

As far as people dropping off, that's the way it usually goes; a lot of people join at launch, then about 60% of them leave. Pretty much a statistical fact; it's documented all across the genre. The thing is, you want to raise your initial signup as high as possible to make sure those 40% who actually like the game are numerous....

bloodflowers
Jun 29, 2007, 03:58 AM
Responding to FB threads on .. another forum, made me think about what I really did get out of it. Sentimental, but as much as the money was good (and it was damn good - FB paid for my Crea Doubles), and as good as it was to have timed missions, what I've really come away with is a bigger circle of friends. Ones who I'll be hunting S ranks with tonight or challenging the new Neudaiz mission.

F-Gattaca
Jun 29, 2007, 04:31 AM
My only regret:

I never found a Puyoment Aura. Ever.

And I'm a poor CAST ... well, all my characters are poor. There's no way I can trade up for one or even buy one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

On the upside, I took tons of pictures of the various Firebreak missions like a crazy tourist in my final hour of the operation. And of Holtes City's decor.

I'm going to miss that lobby theme.

Raven5_1
Jun 29, 2007, 05:38 AM
i'm happy firebreak is gone. as much as i enjoyed the missions many people got selfish towards the end.

first you couldnt find a team to do c runs because everyone was doing b or above for high mission points money

then if you found a team or managed to get to b rank most of the teams were just jao hunting and reset every five seconds and didnt even bother to properly complete missions

it just started to drag on me i didnt even go online for the last 2 days of firebreak

just to note those who didnt do the above or clearly stated what they were doing before i joined up i have no beef with.

one last rant through.

6 man groups 3 man per zooma means you should be able to clear a room fairly quickly so why is it everyone wants to swarm on one zooma at a time?

bloodflowers
Jun 29, 2007, 07:57 AM
By Zooma do you mean the larger seed pods? We found that the quickest way was one person spotting pods, four people purifying (this really speeds it up - possibly lag related), and one popping them open for items. Where items didn't matter five would purify the same pod.

Zero-mx
Jun 29, 2007, 08:23 AM
Well, I never got any rares for all my hunting, but FB was pretty fun overall. Lots of good MP and EXP and a lot of fun.

DreamLocke
Jun 29, 2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I'll kind of miss it. I met some cool people who I'll probably be running with regularly now, which wasn't the case before. I used to just join randoms or solo. Now I check to see if one of them is on and join them. So FB brought people together. 'We'll always have Firebreak together...' lol. Plus you had to have someone to talk to while spamming the same 2-3 missions for 3 hours straight a night. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I didn't get any rares but have some nice firebreak only loot that will just sit in storage accumulating value. Hopefully.

Everyone benefited from the ridiculous mission rewards...I have decent money now and my job classes are a bit disproportionate to my main level. Would have capped out an advanced class at level 2x, but I'm playing two chas at once (My inactive third cha still made FT lol)to get them both even.

FB also funded a striking PM. And a full A-rank palette for my CAST GT. So yeah, FB was pretty good to me.

panzer_unit
Jun 29, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-06-28 23:16, Helly wrote:
During the final hour I did more Heat Wave runs then I had did the entire month ... just to try and reach the 300% goal for cheap laughs.

<3 my hero! <3

Firebreak missions were a ton of fun, particularly all of the Parum ones... I love teamwork challenges like those. It was a really nice shot of income, XP, and MP for my mid-level character too. I made a handful of new friends and got into conversations like this...

Fleece: Jain did you get a Puyo Aura?
Jainpanzer: No, but I've done acid a couple times. Does that count?

Alpha-Hunter
Jun 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
it was fun, but should have been like 2 weeks. it lasted forever! did get a bear claw on wendsday so that was cool. nothing else though! Glad they added new crap right after though. nice to have another shot at gudda skela!

SolomonGrundy
Jun 29, 2007, 12:16 PM
I usually hate uni2/uni1, but Firebreak sort of changed that. I met a lot of decent people, and have a few new cards to show for it.

I also got to play more with Phetty, wich is good because his fortefighter has all the cool stuff you ever wanted, so you can see items in action!