PDA

View Full Version : Poll: in your opinion, which do you like best? SUV or Nano

DreamLocke
Jun 30, 2007, 10:25 AM
I have a Beast and CAST as mains. (They are fighting for the position of main anyway)

Nano-blast is fun as hell. Especially the invincible one where you have 35 seconds to flip out and kill everything without taking a hit.

SUVs I didn't like at first but they are growing on me. I like being able to switch them up on the fly for the situation. (For me, Sturm for groups, Grom for bosses and big guys)

This is not "which is best" because that is fuel for a flame war (maybe). Just what you guys personally like better and why.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-06-30 08:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-06-30 08:29 ]</font>

Realmz
Jun 30, 2007, 10:35 AM
I like my SUV's more then those Beasts nano blasts.

why?

because when i use them i can shout out stuff like

"Ready to unleash eleven barrels of hell sir!"
"Firing Solution Plotted!"
"SUV Good to go sir!"
"Heavy weapons on the feild!"
"Fire until all barrels glow!"
"You Requested some suppressive fire?"
"Back bone of the AMF ready to serve"

Kion
Jun 30, 2007, 10:59 AM
Nano doesn't last long enough to do alot of damage, and it's really only useful against a single large enemy, having to run after mobs wastes alot of time and the attack combination doesn't make it easy to aim. Over all I don't even outdo my normal PA damage most of the time, so all it is for me is 35 seconds of PP save.
SUV's on the other hand can attack one or several enemies with the ability to carry multiple of them for the the situation. In addition they cause SE's and do massive amounts of damage standing in one place (while invincible). SUV's are made of serious win.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 30, 2007, 11:42 AM
SUV's win on looks. That's all I will say.

Weeaboolits
Jun 30, 2007, 11:54 AM
I like nanoblast better because I can move while using it.

Also it doesn't take up my extra slot, so I can keep my PP Charge equipped. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 30, 2007, 11:55 AM
I don't really use either of those two, well, SUVs mostly cuz I don't have a CAST, and I have a Beast who has NO nanoblast. I mean, i see humans who are exclusively Fortefighters, why can't I have a male Beast Fortefighter with no nano? It'll just be like a human, but with better stats.

Weeaboolits
Jun 30, 2007, 11:58 AM
I have the blast badge equipped because there's no disadvantage to doing so, but I'll only use it when I need to (my beas is a ranger, so I generally save it for when there are multiple larg enemies that'd take a while to kill with my guns).

Pengfishh
Jun 30, 2007, 12:30 PM
SUVs are neat.

Alamar
Jun 30, 2007, 12:47 PM
The beast can do massive damage with the longer running nano-blast. the short lived cast suv does NOT compare to the damage a beast can do. I hit from 768-1200 per hit and thats as transer(in Desert terror S2). I would do more if I was a different class. And as I said it lasts much longer and end up killing more enemies with it then the cast suv. Yes it looks cool but the beast does too and better yet you have total control of it for the entire time. In my opinion beast wins hands down. for length of time, control and damage.

DreamLocke
Jun 30, 2007, 01:16 PM
I got my beast to lvl 20 first so I have more experience with the nano-blast. It's fun to use even though you don't see big numbers and SE's.(maybe in the future we will have nanos that inflict SE's too...joy.) I like it because it's hands on, and you really feel like a raging demon...thing.

When I first used SUV's my first impression was "was that it?" seriously. Very short. But they're growing on me, especially when I owned Svaltus in Sleeping Warriors in two seconds w/ Grom. And I find SUV's generally charge up faster than nano-blasts. But still, I go to beast form quickly since I'm a WT who uses daggers primarily. I still find I SUV suprisingly often with my GT, though. Gunners blow through maps fast enough anyway, and SUV's just make them the premier speed running class.

So I'm not sure one or the other which is my favorite, but funfactor for me goes to Nano-blast. "OMG DEVASTATION!!!" Goes to SUV.

Alamar
Jun 30, 2007, 01:19 PM
my alt is a cast and it is fun to use. well said DreamLocke they both have a use.

malice_nyc
Jun 30, 2007, 01:42 PM
SUVs by far. Nano blasts are nice, but unless you get the invincibility one, you're out of luck unless there is someone healing you constantly (which is not likely). SUVs are great, especially when you get a bunch of tough monsters all together (like the last part of CB with the Gol Dova and whatnot).

And no option for creas? Poor Newmans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Lonzell
Jun 30, 2007, 01:55 PM
Crea Weapons > Nano Blasts/SUVs.

Discuss.

Zorafim
Jun 30, 2007, 01:56 PM
I prefer SUVs. I'd rather do one super attack, and get back to huntering, than just have boosted stats. Besides, Male nanoblasts are ugly and female beasts are ugly.

Cz
Jun 30, 2007, 01:56 PM
i like both! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

gambit04
Jun 30, 2007, 01:59 PM
I like SUV's because there are more to choose from...and you can get an upgraded SUV....wtf beasts are getting screwed. I would like to see some more blast badges for beast until then I think SUV's win.

Zorafim
Jun 30, 2007, 02:02 PM
I saw, in some concept art, a different form of the male beast nanoblast that I would have loved. It looked like the female nanoblast, but masculine (instead of a hulk, it was simply a masculine form with heavy decorations).
If beasts got the option to chance what their nanoblast looked like (besides colors), then I'd be more interested in it.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 30, 2007, 02:09 PM
if changing the badgle did not cost 10K each time Nano's would be better. As it is they are about equal. For those who badmouthed nanodamage, perhaps you have not seen an invincibility fortefighter take down not 1, but 2 king olgohmons.

Or a powerbeast kill Onmagog once his wings are broken. ugly.

malice_nyc
Jun 30, 2007, 02:23 PM
I also voted SUV because this game would've been 10x better without that stupid Nanoblast lobby animation.

DreamLocke
Jun 30, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-06-30 12:09, SolomonGrundy wrote:
if changing the badgle did not cost 10K each time Nano's would be better. As it is they are about equal. For those who badmouthed nanodamage, perhaps you have not seen an invincibility fortefighter take down not 1, but 2 king olgohmons.

Or a powerbeast kill Onmagog once his wings are broken. ugly.

He speaks the truth. CASTs can switch out their specials yet Beasts cannot in midmission. Or even worse get charged 10k a pop and erase the badge they were using. Why can't you keep the badges and at least allow you to change them in fitting rooms?

Because of this, invincible badge is the only way to go because it is the only one with a decent special ability. Screw damage...If you get hit or evade, you waste precious beast time anyway. Invincibility, while short allows 35 seconds of UNINTERUPTED damage dealing. ATA badge is made of suck for the evade reason alone. Defense is nice but how about NOT TAKING DAMAGE AT ALL?

*Ahem* rant over. Yeah, we don't need to get into a DPS war here. SUV's do a ton of damage but only in an extremely short time. Nano-blast lasts far longer but loses out in DPS. But the DOT may add up..maybe. Whatever. Both are fun, but Nano-blast gets the shaft compared to SUV versatality. Doesn't make it any less fun. I'm a dumbass and find myself hitting the buttons harder for some reason and talking junk to the mobs when I'm in beast form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-06-30 12:35 ]</font>

Anduril
Jun 30, 2007, 02:37 PM
I think SUVs are better, though I would rather have a sedan. But I really prefer SUVs to nanoblasts (though I have neither a Beast or Cast, I'm going based on my experience with teams) because of the fact that they can deal a lot of damage to multiple enemies and this can really be good support for a team if used at the right time.

AweOfShe
Jun 30, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-06-30 11:55, Lonzell wrote:

Discuss.

Damn, beaten to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

redsnow
Jun 30, 2007, 02:39 PM
I've played around with both SUV and Nanoblast (I prefer to be a newman but I was curious.) I have to say, in the end SUV were much more impressive. There was no running around, massive ammounts of damage were dealt and in a quicker time frame. If.. IF.. IF.. there was a such thing a aggro-control in this game then Nanoblast would be tied with SUV in "usefulness" becuase there would be a such thing as "tanking", but there isnt, this game is about dealing [large ammounts of] damage as quickly and efficiently as possible...

Dont get me wrong however, nanoblast is still quite powerful, but SUV surpasses it by a large margin. Still ... These are only my opinons, not to be taken as gospel by a long shot. I am after all a Female Newman Wartecher in the end ... it could just be my perfered tastes.

Lonzell
Jun 30, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-06-30 12:38, AweOfShe wrote:

On 2007-06-30 11:55, Lonzell wrote:

Discuss.

Damn, beaten to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's true, it's true.

Zorafim
Jun 30, 2007, 03:43 PM
Don't creas suck?

DRO
Jun 30, 2007, 03:45 PM
SUV BABY

THE MISSLE ONE

Calibur
Jun 30, 2007, 03:48 PM
With the addition of A rank SUV's, I like them more...

malice_nyc
Jun 30, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-06-30 13:43, Zorafim wrote:
Don't creas suck?

No way... you CASTs and Beast don't know what you're missing... Creas are great... I swear... way better than an SUV... >_>;

Lonzell
Jun 30, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-06-30 14:05, malice_nyc wrote:

Don't creas suck?

No way... you CASTs and Beast don't know what you're missing... Creas are great... I swear... way better than an SUV... ^.^!!

And if someone from NYC says its true, it obviously is.

omegapirate2k
Jun 30, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-06-30 14:16, Lonzell wrote:

On 2007-06-30 14:05, malice_nyc wrote:

Don't creas suck?

No way... you CASTs and Beast don't know what you're missing... Creas are great... I swear... way better than an SUV... ^.^!!

And if someone from NYC says its true, it obviously is.

Forget about it.

XDeviousX
Jun 30, 2007, 05:57 PM
Beast Fortefighter with the power badge will out damage a SuV attack due to the time duration, period. There wasn't any boss that didn't die a little more then halfway through my Nanoblast when my beast was a fortefighter using the power badge. Being a fighgunner using the defense badge isn't bad either. Less risk of death then power, more time and damage then invincibility, and the most I've ever gotten hit for was 300 hp from de ragan's spitting fire on S rank. Anyone that says a SuV out damages a Nanoblast hasn't played a fortefighter beast with the power badge.... As for the SuVs status effects, they usually end like a second after the blast and if the respawn lags they are not damaged or effected, but if anything respawns while I'm in beast form they get owned like a 2 dollar tv on coupon night!!!

The lack of vatiety for blasts does suck, but they don't need "upgrades" as they improve as you level. It would be neat if Blasts leveled like P.A.s and gained special attacks...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-06-30 16:00 ]</font>

Alisha
Jun 30, 2007, 08:57 PM
you are delusional in my opinion if you think SUV's are better than nano blasts. not to say that suv's are bad they just cant compare to the damage output. to put it in ffxi terms thats like saying eagle eye shot is better than hundred fists. also i still stand by my stance that the invincibily blast sucks. boggo val owns. the only thing i dont like about nano blasts is that the tatoo makes you look ghetto if you wear a short sleeved shirt.