PDA

View Full Version : iyo what is the most common name used by PSU characters???

pokefiend
Jun 30, 2007, 06:49 PM
imo:

- Dante
- Envy
- KOSMOS (however since release I have a horrifying feeling that our namesake is declining ;_;)
- Naruto
- Ryu (Sadly one of my characters contribute to this ><)
- Josh X.x... I know weird huh?

I ask, when will be the day where people start using original names? XDDDDDDDDD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-06-30 16:50 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Jun 30, 2007, 06:52 PM
I use original names, I've yet to hear of anyone else using th name Bob The Obliterator, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another Monofluid. ._.

Weeaboolits
Jun 30, 2007, 06:55 PM
But do they Obliterate? I don't think so!

pokefiend
Jun 30, 2007, 06:55 PM
hmmm... but there are alot of Bobs... XP

VanHalen
Jun 30, 2007, 06:56 PM
There's an Uncle Bob http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm pretty sure I'll find another character with either my characters' first or last names but not together.

Or another Sixman.

Mayu
Jun 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
Nei
Wren
Sephiroth

-Ryuki-
Jun 30, 2007, 07:06 PM
Ryu's a common name? I've only seen ONE Ryu, 1 Ryoki, 1 Ryoten, and 1 Ryuki (myself).
Not sure who suggested that, but Ryu isn't a common name. =P

-Kitty
-Sasuke
-Raiden
-Cloud

Aralia
Jun 30, 2007, 07:08 PM
I have yet to see another Aralia, Sujin, or Carinae. =D
OrganizedChaos wasn't meant to stay as a char.. but I liked how she turned out....

Imo..
Nei
Chaos/kaos
Kos-Mos/T-Elos

VanHalen
Jun 30, 2007, 07:10 PM
The scariest common name I seen is Haseo. Why it freaks me out a bit is because every Haseo is a Human Fighgunner @_@. Is their a connection with that class and race?

Kaloa
Jun 30, 2007, 07:16 PM
I've seen tons of Nei's and Sakura's.

Mayu
Jun 30, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-06-30 17:10, VanHalen wrote:
The scariest common name I seen is Haseo. Why it freaks me out a bit is because every Haseo is a Human Fighgunner @_@. Is their a connection with that class and race?

So true

MayLee
Jun 30, 2007, 07:26 PM
Oblivion
Sepheroth
Kitty
Naruto
Sasuke
KOS MOS
Blade
Death

Ehheh heh heh...

-Ryuki-
Jun 30, 2007, 07:28 PM
Haseo is technically a FiGunner in PSU terms, due to Vol. 3 of .hack//GU.

Sekani
Jun 30, 2007, 07:29 PM
KOS-MOS by a fucking mile. Variations of Naruto character names are also pretty common.

Mayu
Jun 30, 2007, 07:31 PM
They don't even look like him -_-

Cz
i saw a couple of Jesus...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

frosty003

Hmm how i see it is that these Haseo named characters are trying to stick with the anime character haseo from .hack G.U lol. because the anime character uses twin daggers and twin handguns >_>...... i dunno just a hunch lol

Realmz
Jun 30, 2007, 07:32 PM
i saw someone named Myst somelastnnamehere it was strange lol

but i have a lower register number so she copied me, so i'm the original! >.>;;

pionear
Jun 30, 2007, 07:36 PM
Nei is the one I've seen the most for me (I've even seen some Male Nei's!).
Other names I've seen in various ways:

Dante
Link
Sephiroth
Cloud
Rikku
Kitty
Sasuke
Sasami
Wren
Ninja (wink_wink)

Kinfante
Jun 30, 2007, 07:38 PM
Some of these names just make me angry, how creative is the name "Dark Angel" or "Sephiroth"? It's not!

Think of something!

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 30, 2007, 07:39 PM
I see Sakura alot too

PALRAPPYS
Jun 30, 2007, 07:41 PM
Tell me when you see a Lan or Malsa, ok?

Oh, scary story I will tell. I have a friend who claims he has met a person named Malsa in real life. Now, it's just one of those friend stories, but... it could be true. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Kinda scary since I made the name up myself after having some salsa earlier that afternoon. XD

Kion
Jun 30, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-06-30 17:38, Kinfante wrote:
Some of these names just make me angry, how creative is the name "Dark Angel" or "Sephiroth"? It's not!

Think of something!

When you sign up, you don;t really know what other people are going to name their characters. Once they've levelled them up it's too late to change so I don't think you should belittle them.

The thing is, though unoriginal they are great character names. It's kind of the PSU mind set to reject things that get over spammed. Nobles jacket anyone?

Sakuya
Jun 30, 2007, 07:52 PM
Akuma
Nei
Sasuke
Kosmos

But I ain't ever seen another Sakuya Etrai Eternal!

Btw Organized Chaos Long time no see. Meet my PSO-World account.

Anduril
Jun 30, 2007, 08:08 PM
I've quite a few Sasuke, Kosmos, and a few Princesses. I usually don't pay attention to names unless I see a high concentration of the same name in one area. Luckily I have only seen one other Kayla, but that one spelled it with accents on the "a"s so my name has remained somewhat original.

Niered
Jun 30, 2007, 08:12 PM
KOS-MOS for sure. Buncha gahdam people with no sense of creativity.

engelsein
Jun 30, 2007, 08:16 PM
have u heard of another engel sein?
no?
good =)

perfectminute
Jun 30, 2007, 08:51 PM
Amen to jesusofgod. He is my hero. I got 5 people to bow down before him... Sadly he was AFK

redsnow
Jun 30, 2007, 09:00 PM
KOSMOS
and
Rikku .. if i see one more rikku im gonna.. im gonna...

natewifi
Jun 30, 2007, 09:13 PM
Why does it matter?

PALRAPPYS
Jun 30, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-06-30 19:13, natewifi wrote:
Why does it matter?

Why does it matter that we care?

redsnow
Jun 30, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-06-30 19:13, natewifi wrote:
Why does it matter?

answer: It dosent...

omegapirate2k
Jun 30, 2007, 09:19 PM
Never seen another character with the same name as any of mine, although two have come close. (IM LOOKING AT YOU, MAJAN AND SYCHOSIS)

Rashiid
Jun 30, 2007, 09:27 PM
another Kandii? i will shoot on site.

natewifi
Jun 30, 2007, 09:29 PM
Palrappy, that is the same question, just longer. What are you trying to say?(you have very weak sarcasm, MUCH) *plucks away*
Most importantly though dont fucking generalize/critisize people (calling someone a beginner because of their name? Omg, go fucking die) who have familiar names. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-06-30 19:36 ]</font>

Kent
Jun 30, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-06-30 19:19, omegapirate2k wrote:
Never seen another character with the same name as any of mine, although two have come close. (IM LOOKING AT YOU, MAJAN AND SYCHOSIS)

I should make a character named "ALPHANINJA0007" just to see what happens.

Squall179
Jun 30, 2007, 09:33 PM
It is ironic that I have only seen one other Squall, and THAT one was Squall Leonhart (mine ends with Endymion, now Leonhart, two seperate people with a nifty first name)

Rashiid
Jun 30, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-06-30 19:29, natewifi wrote:
Palrappy, that is the same question, just longer. What are you trying to say?(you have very weak sarcasm, MUCH) *plucks away*

umm he was questioning your question; not sarcasm.

*plucks away*

Merumeru
Jun 30, 2007, 09:40 PM
Sasuke! Everyone loves Sasuke! XD

I love these threads though, because everyone claims to never have seen anyone with their name in fear of being called a DOPPLEGANGER XD

Sychosis
Jun 30, 2007, 09:41 PM

My Lutian was made LONG before your "Lucien" n00b.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 30, 2007, 09:44 PM
I've seen a bunch of Clouds and Sephiroths.

What I haven't seen is a Byakko, Suzaku, Genbu or lolgenbu or Kirin yet. Which I think is awesome.

Shou
Jun 30, 2007, 09:44 PM
Are there any other Shou charecter names? what? no? good to hear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Merumeru
Jun 30, 2007, 09:48 PM
Now that I think about it, EVERYONE HERE cant be a self-proclaimed 'original' XD theres got to be one of you Sasukes/Haseo out there who are just fine/don't give a shit with the name you have or what people have to say....

XP No? Grasping at straws?

EDIT: Oh, and death threats to anyone who uses the name Meru, Merumeru, or any slightly similar combination of the letters used within XD god forbid i lose my feeling of individuality or come to the realization that people MIGHT just happen to like the same combination of letters I do XD!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merumeru on 2007-06-30 20:02 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jun 30, 2007, 09:48 PM
On 2007-06-30 19:41, Sychosis wrote:

My Lutian was made LONG before your "Lucien" n00b.

On 2007-06-30 19:29, natewifi wrote:
calling someone a beginner because of their name? Omg, go fucking die

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-06-30 19:48 ]</font>

MayLee
Jun 30, 2007, 10:14 PM
Neicee is made of win and there is no name like hers or Neveah. >.>

Aralia
Jun 30, 2007, 10:34 PM
On 2007-06-30 17:52, Sakuya wrote:
Akuma
Nei
Sasuke
Kosmos

But I ain't ever seen another Sakuya Etrai Eternal!

Btw Organized Chaos Long time no see. Meet my PSO-World account.

hehe, heya.

Allison_W
Jun 30, 2007, 11:10 PM
I'm going to have to throw in with the KOS-MOS, Sephiroth, and Nei.

Incidentally, I've seen a few characters with a name that's a spelling variation on "Allison," as well as a couple of Terras, but no one that has the same name as one of my characters.

Probably because a) I give mine first and last names and b) I don't name my characters after anime or video game chars.

Boring fact: My brother pointed out to me that the first name of one of the characters in Not Another Teen Movie (I think that's what he said) is "Janie" and that the last name of one of the other characters is "Wyler." I had no idea of this before he noticed one of my characters was named Janie Wyler and decided to relate to me this factoid.

Maverynthia
Jul 1, 2007, 12:20 AM
I find it interesting people haven't tried to make a million Ethans or Karens....

Almighty_Envy
Jul 1, 2007, 12:29 AM
There was 4 or 5 Envy's at one point.

Now there is just 2... come to think of it i might be the only one ( on pc/ps2 servers, i know tehers one on 360 ;] ) O_o

Lykos
Jul 1, 2007, 12:31 AM
For some reason I always see people named "Beast". And guess what? They're beasts. I think that's as unoriginal as you can get.

Scion
Jul 1, 2007, 02:38 AM
Hikaru - Had a friend named Hikaru as well...that's out the window
Lucio - Haven't seen yet
Nicolae - Also haven't seen yet
Cecilia - Umm...nope.

Yeah, simple names, but it's hardly copied. XD

Names I see a lot:
-Sapphire (or something that uses it as a derivative)
-Moon (it at least has that word in it)
-Raven (same as above)

There's probably more, but I forget off the top of my head what I run into a lot, lol.

And, of course, I run into my fair shares of Dante's, Sephiroth's, and DANTEROTH's. lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-07-01 00:40 ]</font>

GuardianPoe
Jul 1, 2007, 03:42 AM
I've been safe so far from sinister clones, and I think it's likely I'll remain so.

My female Newman Fortefighter is named Dahna Suem.
My female Beast Protranser is called Ca'tan'ka.
And lastly, my satanically themed female Cast future-Acrotecher is dubbed The Possessed CAST.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 1, 2007, 04:11 AM
From what I've seen, KOSMOS. Sephiroth, Dante, Wren and Nei share a distand second-fourth place. I forget where to put the Naruto fuckers in that order. I'm actually kinda saddened that there aren't so many classic Phantasy Star character wannabes. Or Tales of... character wannabes either. <_<

I once had a character named CloudSephiroth123(lol) but I shoulda named him DanteSephirothSasuke(lol) instead. Too late now, he's long deleted.

And my name, Jife Jifremok? Considering that my name came from random syllables I randomly threw together to make a name, and that I haven't seen any clones of this name over the 10+ years I've had this name...well, it seems unlikely that I'll be cloned, unless quite deliberately.

Jinto117
Jul 1, 2007, 04:15 AM
Without a doubt KOS-MOS, kosmos, kos-mos, KOSMOS (however you want to spell it) has got to be the most whored out name. Although, I do have a good buddy who is named KOS-MOS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2007-07-02 09:09 ]</font>

Hatemachine
Jul 1, 2007, 05:48 AM
Aye Kos mos and sephiroth are THE 2 most over used names I've seen.

With the new coats I've been seeing an increase in dante lookalikes as well

Still think im the only big green cast godzilla on the 360 servers so heres to the hope it stays that way.

lethe
Jul 1, 2007, 05:57 AM
On 2007-07-01 03:48, Hatemachine wrote:
Aye Kos mos and sephiroth are THE 2 most over used names I've seen.

With the new coats I've been seeing an increase in dante lookalikes as well

Still think im the only big green cast godzilla on the 360 servers so heres to the hope it stays that way.

I do believe i have seen you before

Desecration
Jul 1, 2007, 06:00 AM
I have to say, I see the name "Zero" a lot.

lethe
Jul 1, 2007, 06:03 AM
i see naruto, sasuke (or however u spell it), beast (all beasts ..........)
and i think im the only lethe around so yay =D

pokefiend
Jul 1, 2007, 06:14 AM
On 2007-07-01 02:15, Jinto117 wrote:
Without a doubt KOS-MOS, kosmos, kos-mos, KOSMOS, KOS_MOS, (however you want to spell it) has got to be the most whored out name. Although, I do have a good buddy who is names KOS-MOS.

Fixed ^.^

Darki
Jul 1, 2007, 06:25 AM
I use manga names on my characters, but except 1, that is from D.N.Angel (Darki <.<), the other 3 are from a manga that i'm drawing xD

But i've seen a clone of my Aura. the others are Leo (i named it before knew there was a Leo in game xD) and Presea.º

Mikaga
Jul 1, 2007, 07:40 AM
Far too few people have posted "Sakura". I see that name at least five unique times a day, and know none of them.

Flame6
Jul 1, 2007, 07:40 AM
Mega Man...and well i notice everyone with the same name, so there does seem to be a lot of Tommys....I have a secret arch-nemesis to who's name is Tommy White....he has always been a few levels ahead of me and my name is Tommy and so is my characters! IM WATCHING YOU TOMMY WHITE!

PJ
Jul 1, 2007, 07:58 AM
The only one of my characters that shares it's name with someone else (That I've seen) is Atalanta.

I don't play in populated servers enough to know what names are popular http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

rasuogen
Jul 1, 2007, 10:20 AM
I saw yesterday "Rasu" ohhh i was pissed but then he poped into a mission and i could not talk with him. I made that name up YEARS ago and some one has the short version of it grrr!! Also my main char on PSO for GCN is "BIGPSO" never seen anyone with that name. Was going to make my guy on PSU named "BIGPSU" or just stay with "BIGPSO" to see if people i knew would see me and say OMG HI!!! But thats the past and maybe i will make a guy named BIGPSO again....maybe....someday....

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 10:30 AM
There is a top three, and it's obvious which ones.

Dante
KosMos
Sephiroth

ShawnLeeGuku
Jul 1, 2007, 10:38 AM
Shawn Lee Guku. Guku is a variant of Goku, but not the same.

As far as names overused, Naruto characters (mostly Sakura and Sasuke), Dante, Sephiroth, Cloud, Sora, and yes, KOSMOS.

And for appearances, I've seen way too many Ethan look-alikes.

_Wolf_
Jul 1, 2007, 10:46 AM
many different forms of wolf but i think i am the only who has just wolf as a main i should check the shop names

Korokodo13
Jul 1, 2007, 10:55 AM
i am the one and only Megiddo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif If anyone steals my name Ill eat their game

overused names-
-sasuke, Naruto, sakura
-Kosmos
-Inuyasha
-some forms of "beast"
-robocop
-GRIM REAPER
-dante

thats about as much as I see around, I had WAY more but while typing this I completely lost thought...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Korokodo13 on 2007-07-01 09:56 ]</font>

AlphaDragoon
Jul 1, 2007, 11:36 AM
LOL, yeah at the KOS-MOS and all its variants.

If you ask me KOS-MOS sucked anyway, it was all about Fei in Xenogears.

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 11:38 AM
On 2007-07-01 09:36, AlphaDragoon wrote:
LOL, yeah at the KOS-MOS and all its variants.

If you ask me KOS-MOS sucked anyway, it was all about Fei in Xenogears.

KOS-MOS wasn't even in Xenogears... nore was Fei in Xenosaga. Do not confused those two games... its a insult to actually think of them having relation, and i'm disgusted by the thought.

Xenogears > Xenosaga

End of dicussion.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 1, 2007, 11:53 AM
I've seen a Dante, a sephiroth, a Raiden and a KOSMOS. I'm sure there are multiple ppl with those names.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 1, 2007, 11:53 AM
KOSMOS ( and the likely spelled names ), Nei, Sephiroth, Zero/Zer0 and Sanosuke.

Most commonly used names ive seen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Calibur
Jul 1, 2007, 11:56 AM
Naruto and Sasuke is the new Sephiroth and Cloud

Omega_Weltall
Jul 1, 2007, 11:58 AM
I make it my Duty as a User of the Internets and as a Guardian of Gural to PERSONALLY give shit to who ever has a Sephiroth name its be WAY over used since FF7 came out.

Off topic: yes Xenogears>>>>>>Xenosaga but i loved the KosMos character the most in the series, Fei was awesome too

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 12:02 PM
Yes, KOS MOS was made of secks and win. Still, it does not excuse mentioning Xenogears in the same sentance as Xenosaga.

Also Citan was God.

....woah... I think i'ma make a Citan character and give him a one handed sword.

DEM_CIG
Jul 1, 2007, 12:18 PM
Dark
Anything with killer at the end...
Wolf
etc...

pokefiend
Jul 1, 2007, 12:22 PM
so wait, KOSMOS is actually a character from a a different video game series! >< This spoils all of the fun... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I just thought of it as some sort of PSU thing. In the 360 server I always see all of the KOSMOS's hanging around together, and honestly... I wanted to be apart of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-07-01 10:22, pokefiend wrote:
so wait, KOSMOS is actually a character from a a different video game series! >< This spoils all of the fun... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I just thought of it as some sort of PSU thing. In the 360 server I always see all of the KOSMOS's hanging around together, and honestly... I wanted to be apart of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Haven't it ever occured to you that most, if not all KOSMOS' are always female casts, and that the bulk (not all) of them have white armor with blue hair?

AweOfShe
Jul 1, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-07-01 00:38, Hikaru-san wrote:
and DANTEROTH's.

That's SSJ3 Danteroth!

EDIT:

Yes, Xenogears > Xenosaga, but Xenogears still = overrated pretentious-ness. Yes, I went there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-07-01 10:40 ]</font>

pokefiend
Jul 1, 2007, 12:40 PM
On 2007-07-01 10:27, Lonzell wrote:

On 2007-07-01 10:22, pokefiend wrote:

Haven't it ever occured to you that most, if not all KOSMOS' are always female casts, and that the bulk (not all) of them have white armor with blue hair?

lol no wonder they ignore her ><

*Needs to buy his KOS_MOS some white colored parts and change her hair to blue* <''<____>''>

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 12:50 PM
Try to get as close to this look as possible
http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/project_kos_mos/kos-mos400.jpg

pokefiend
Jul 1, 2007, 12:53 PM
*draws mental picture in mental notepad* 0.0

PMB960
Jul 1, 2007, 12:58 PM
On 2007-07-01 05:58, PJ wrote:
The only one of my characters that shares it's name with someone else (That I've seen) is Atalanta.

I don't play in populated servers enough to know what names are popular http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Heh your character has a last name though mine doesn't.

Obviously KOSMOS is the most though. There were a couple Ranulf characters before though and there is still one around somewhere. MY RANULF CHARACTER IS A FIRE EMBLEM:POR LOOK ALIKE, HIS OUTFIT WILL NEVER CHANGE. I have seen the other guy and his is not unless he changed in the last couple days. SO STOP CONFUSING US!

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 01:00 PM
Luckily as far as i'm concerned, there is only one person with my name in all games played throughout the world, and that is nonother than me. ^_^

Ryno
Jul 1, 2007, 01:08 PM
HULK ?
Thor ?
Wolf ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-07-01 14:02 ]</font>

imfanboy
Jul 1, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-07-01 10:28, AweOfShe wrote:

and DANTEROTH's.

That's SSJ3 Danteroth!

EDIT:

Yes, Xenogears > Xenosaga, but Xenogears still = overrated pretentious-ness. Yes, I went there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And have you tried playing Xenogears recently? It's fucking unplayable. I was sentimental about it until I popped it into my PS2 and took it for a whirl and realized just how BADLY Xenogears has aged. The game's terrible now. It makes me want to do an Angry Video Game Nerd on it.

And of course, Xenogears is Episode 5 of the Xenosaga. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So they are related, no matter how much some might dislike the idea.

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-07-01 12:05, imfanboy wrote:

and DANTEROTH's.

That's SSJ3 Danteroth!

EDIT:

And have you tried playing Xenogears recently? It's fucking unplayable. I was sentimental about it until I popped it into my PS2 and took it for a whirl and realized just how BADLY Xenogears has aged. The game's terrible now. It makes me want to do an Angry Video Game Nerd on it.

And of course, Xenogears is Episode 5 of the Xenosaga. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So they are related, no matter how much some might dislike the idea.

Untrue. And I won't bite because i'll end up going into one massive Xeno history rant... so instead i'll just take the simple and easy ass-hattery approach and just say this.

Please sir... die in a fire.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 1, 2007, 03:31 PM
Beast is way too common. My brother and I have a policy where we boot people if their name is Beast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And, O_O, what game is KOS_MOS from anyways? I figured she was from a game, because all KOSMOS are Cast girls... gots to be a reason!

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-07-01 13:31, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Beast is way too common. My brother and I have a policy where we boot people if their name is Beast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And, O_O, what game is KOS_MOS from anyways? I figured she was from a game, because all KOSMOS are Cast girls... gots to be a reason!

Korokodo13
Jul 1, 2007, 04:00 PM
Cloud and some form of Rikku (Reku, Riku, ect...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Korokodo13 on 2007-07-03 13:54 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jul 1, 2007, 04:02 PM

and DANTEROTH's.

That's SSJ3 Danteroth!

I'm going to use that one.

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 04:02 PM
How old exactly is 'Too young for the game' ? lawl I always thought 13 was the age you had to be to play it. http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/amg/games/drg200/g250/g25000m9st9.jpg

Korokodo13
Jul 1, 2007, 04:05 PM
they were prolly 12 and down judging by there 9yo voices

also you can tell by saying something like your rich and have really good weps, If there a kid then theyll make stuff up like they have a lvl94 char that has an s rank wep at 56%, then if you try prooving them wrong theyll get mad at you but if a whole party prooves them wrong then theyll act like they were trying to trick you and that they were just kidding

Also I had a kids mom talk to me saying that I was talking crap to her kid, then I sent her the msgs that her kid was sending to me and told her that those were all the things he was sending me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Korokodo13 on 2007-07-01 14:16 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Jul 1, 2007, 04:28 PM

This is the only one I notice often.

Pengfishh
Jul 1, 2007, 04:29 PM
And Xenogears was ghey. "Fei, we have to go!" "We have to go?"

DonRoyale
Jul 1, 2007, 05:20 PM
95 replies, and nobody's said "Shadow" yet...o.O

Would've named him Kyousei if I hadn't thought of the name AFTER I created him...

Lonzell
Jul 1, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-07-01 14:29, Pengfishh wrote:
And Xenogears was ghey. "Fei, we have to go!" "We have to go?"

Yo momma is really your daddy too.

Ryno
Jul 1, 2007, 05:35 PM
BUTCH!

LOL .. just kidding

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-07-01 15:36 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 1, 2007, 06:10 PM
On 2007-07-01 12:05, imfanboy wrote:

and DANTEROTH's.

That's SSJ3 Danteroth!

EDIT:

I would agree with you if I could spend some time with 'Gears, but I just...CAN'T. It's so fucking boring I can't get anywhere past the asshole that bitches about me walking on the garden!

Now, I can barely tudge through 'Saga, but I have found its characters a lot more interesting to watch than the ones in 'Gears. 'Saga shoulda had Matthews as the main character.

Shou
Jul 1, 2007, 06:16 PM
most used char name you say?
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/shouPSOW/seph.jpg

Karuson
Jul 1, 2007, 06:23 PM
definetly Sephiroth.. XD i see like 14 sephiroths a day lol and then theres the everyday person who spells it wrong, like sefiroth or seperoth XD i also see alot of Balmung's.. i wanted to name my main Balmung but figured id be more original ._. XD

BahnKnakyu
Jul 2, 2007, 12:24 AM
Sakura
Hinata
_ _ _ _ ko
(insert random weeaboo-friendly name for female here)

KamiSori
Jul 2, 2007, 12:32 AM
Kos Mos is the most common name i see by far. ive personally seen more Hinatas than Sakuras. Ive seen several Sephiroths and Dantes but suprisingly not so many Narutos, Ichigos, or Clouds. i also dont see many DBZ references either.

pikachief
Jul 2, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-06-30 17:26, MayLee wrote:
Oblivion
Sepheroth
Kitty
Naruto
Sasuke
KOS MOS
Blade
Death

Ehheh heh heh...

my names are Original!

VOLTRON
Kitty
Kitty 2.0
PIKAmidget

and others i have created in the past...

MagiKitty
Somerandomfatchick
Pikachief
Pikachika
Deadly Archer
???

and i've only seen 2 other voltron's and one was a female human!

Weeaboolits
Jul 2, 2007, 12:35 AM
At one point I had a char named Chika Ito (http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Anime/Strawberry%20Marshmallow/AnimePaperwallpapers_Ichigo-Mash-1.jpg), but I deleted her in favor of the one in my sig (Monofluid), I considered making Q-Ko (http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Anime/Q-Ko-Chan/qko1.png), but decided against it, partially because I couldn't make a caseal that looked like her, but mainly because it's not very fun to make pre-existing characters; it is, however, fun to see if you can. ;]

Kion
Jul 2, 2007, 10:57 AM
Going along with common PS2 names, how many people on these forums put "Rappy Hunter" as their title? It's really unoriginal for something that can be changed.

Weeaboolits
Jul 2, 2007, 11:05 AM
Isn't Rappy Hunter the default title?

Kylie
Jul 2, 2007, 11:07 AM
Sepherioth
KOSMOS
Kitty
Cloud
Sasuke
Naruto
Ichigo
Chaos
Envy
Ryu
Sora

Pretty much all famous and infamous characters of anime and video games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-07-02 09:08 ]</font>

Jinto117
Jul 2, 2007, 11:16 AM
On 2007-07-01 10:50, Lonzell wrote:
Try to get as close to this look as possible
http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/project_kos_mos/kos-mos400.jpg

I say the reason for there being so many KOS-MOS characters is because PSU allows you to make a pretty accurate look a-like. Trying to use the character creation system to replicate any other popular video game or anime characters isn't as easy.

Weeaboolits
Jul 2, 2007, 11:21 AM
I managed to make a decent Eureka (http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/chaos-neko13/eureka7.jpg) once, but I didn't keep her.

Also, the only thing wrong with my Chika was that she looked too old. ._.

I generally don't keep replica characters, as I find them boring.

Why would I wanna' run around as a clone of some other chaacter when I can make my own super-awesome ones? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EspioKaos
Jul 2, 2007, 12:02 PM
Speaking of clones, a month or so back I joined a party that happened to have another Logan in it, except where my character's name is spelled just like that, his was LogaN, or something similar. Once I caught up to where the party was in the field, I was pretty surprised to see that this LogaN was almost identical to my Logan. We both had on the same clothes (Roar Roars Set) in the same color (dark blue), and if I recall correctly, we had the same hair with similar colors. Didn't think to check our blast badges, though. The only thing that was really different between the two of us (aside from height and build) was our ears. While mine are the shorter ones, his (I think) were the tall, pointy ears. /random story

Zexmaix
Jul 2, 2007, 12:11 PM
I've come across a few others that share my name or spellings of it. Strykir
I sometimes go out of my way to send them my card, I like seeing similar names to mine. Once was in a game and a guy named Striker came in, didn't figure it out until around half-way through the mission and all the while we were responding to others talking over voice chat and answering their questions sort of as a two person team being that we'd both respond to someone saying "striker".

My CAST's name is PROTO-775X. Haha, he doesn't deserve the dignity of a true real name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif He's just a prototype robot, haha.

RegulusHikari
Jul 2, 2007, 12:13 PM
Wren
KOS MOS
*Insert FF name here*

In that order. I've seen more Wrens than I can remember, just too many. Haven't seen too many Neis though.

amtalx
Jul 2, 2007, 12:39 PM
Lots of Naruto, Bleach, and Inuyasha.

Synyster
Jul 2, 2007, 01:39 PM
KILLER and BeAstY BoYs are by far the most common names I've seen...

Kylie
Jul 2, 2007, 01:46 PM
Also, gotta add that I got Zael running around as Kylie.

We've been mistaken as each other quite a few times, and I find it funny because his character is a different race, much shorter than mine, and wears way different clothes. Yet still, people insist on confusing us. =$

creativehope
Jul 2, 2007, 01:59 PM

Sorry dude but just last night i saw another omegapirate, all he was missing was the 2000,. He's a yellow cast btw. and seeing that he is lvl 60 he's put some time into it. Just thought I'd let you know

Also I am a culprit in making a popular name, But I did min with a purpose.there are like 40 different variations of Sakura on the 360 I chose Sakura because I wanted m Character to look like a Sakura, with that being said i dont think there is another who looks quite like me, and also because I needed originality I chose to make a cast named yciclette. I refuse to believe that anyone else has any variation of this name,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: creativehope on 2007-07-02 12:20 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Jul 2, 2007, 02:15 PM
I'm just glad I don't see a cr@p load of:
Sephiroph
Cloud
Goku
running around like in PSO days. I might see one or 2, but not more than that.
What IS overused is Kos-Mos.

Theola
Jul 2, 2007, 11:22 PM
I'm not online yet, but I should be in a few weeks. I had a question, but it seemed useless to make a whole thread for it. This place seems appropriate enough:

Are repeats of names allowed like in PSO? Or do you run into the problem of having names taken? The only games where I've ever seen multiples of the same name were Ultima Online and PSO.

And to contribute... When I played PSO, I had at least 6 people in my friend list with some variation of the name Chaos. Drove me nuts trying to keep them straight.

I can't stand playing characters someone else thought up. Unless of course, the game intends you to play someone else, like Ethan Waber. I don't mind that at all, and it's interesting to see the world through different eyes sometimes.

But when making my own avatars, they have to be my own creation. That said, I managed to make a pretty awesome Samus Aran in PSO, then I deleted her, heh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Theola on 2007-07-02 21:31 ]</font>

Mayu
Jul 2, 2007, 11:25 PM
Theola#ID20025
Theola#ID20044

It's allowed

But with a different ID

Theola
Jul 2, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-07-02 21:25, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
Theola#ID20025
Theola#ID20044

It's allowed

But with a different ID

Excellent! More games should seriously do this. You should have the freedom to pick the name you want, even if it has been used 1,000 times before.

Mayu
Jul 2, 2007, 11:56 PM
Be nice <.< http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Almighty_Envy
Jul 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-07-02 09:07, Kylie wrote:
Envy

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Theres only 2 on pc/ps2 servers, that ive seen.

Me and a female.
But im spelled with EnvY

ps. I didnt take the name from FMA, for reference ;]

Kylie
Jul 3, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-07-03 10:43, Almighty_Envy wrote:

Envy

Me and a female.
But im spelled with EnvY

I've seen you, a female, and two males [ at least ]. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

haruna
Jul 3, 2007, 02:05 PM
For females, Rena. Then again, Rena has to be the most common RPG female names throughout all of history...

Emrald
Jul 3, 2007, 03:14 PM
I have yet to see another Emrald???

Korokodo13
Jul 3, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-07-02 11:39, Synyster wrote:
KILLER and BeAstY BoYs are by far the most common names I've seen...

Yes...

Almighty_Envy
Jul 3, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-07-03 10:51, Kylie wrote:

On 2007-07-03 10:43, Almighty_Envy wrote:

Envy

Me and a female.
But im spelled with EnvY

I've seen you, a female, and two males [ at least ]. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

O_O!!!!!!!!!!

MUST KILL OTHER ENVYS!!

HFlowen
Jul 3, 2007, 04:35 PM
I know of another Flowen. He's spelled with a lowercase "f" though.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 3, 2007, 08:03 PM
I partied with his alt the other day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

lol a Flowen joined my party but was lvl 30 ish lol