PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Ultimate PA theory

Kion
Jun 30, 2007, 10:52 PM
Welcome to summer school everyone. Here's kion's theory of Ultimate PA's and how they relate to kubara products.

First thing I would like to touch on is weapon selection. The S rank weapons for each class are their main weapons. They define the gameplay style for each class and ultimately the weapons you will be hunting and the most powerful weapons you will be able to attain. I highly recomend getting all of the PA's for these and leveling them.

As for kubara weapons. They have less ATP, alot more PP and they have unique appearances. It occured to me that they are most likely intended to be linked with ultimate PA's. Ultimate PA's cost alot of PP, don't do much in terms of attack and are mostly for situation use. ie. lowing def, or one shotting.

So here's how they tie together. S ranks are for main damage, and ultimate PA's are mounted onto kubara weapons for situational use. Kubaras having a unique appearance and the ability to grind makes them useful for additional hunting. Otherwise Sega would have made all of the weapons in the class S rank equips.

My PA theory works for Bullets:
Twin handgun- lowers def
laser cannon - knock back
machine gun - stun
rifle - one hit kill
bow - long distance
handgun - refils HP
cards - refill HP
crossbow - ATP based on HP

Kubaras have very little ATP, massive amounts of PP
and higher PP recovery. I think it fits because none
of these PA's are for causing damage.

In addition I have an idea of how each of these work:
- Twin handgun and machinegun: for anyone that can equip them as they're just usefull. Mostly for fg's to stun and to lower def. to follow up with a melee combo.
- Laser cannon: for guntechers as a knockback. PT and FG
already have grenades.
- Handguns and card: for acrotecher as it gets S rank cards and S rank handguns with level 30 skills and bullets with out the ability to heal.
- Rifles: for gt/FG. no explanation needed.
- Bows: for wartecher as they only get level 10 bullets so they miss out the SE's and range. This allows them to hit situational targets. Also with the higher attack percentage it allows them to hit for just as much damage.
- crossbow: for gt as it's the only class that really can. High mobility + self resta, this is for massive close range damage for gt.
- shotgun: for pt's. FGs and gt can use it too, if they want to get tactical :P

Rifles are how i figured this theory out. With my guntecher I decided to go bows for primary damage. It seemed a shame to cut them out comepletely, but that's when I realized I could just use rifles for killer shot, and put them on a grinded kubara rifle for maximum effect.

I tried my theory out on my wartecher. I got her the chousei-sou bow PA and linked it to my Tengoh bow. The distance and damage are really amazing. The attack stats on the PA make up for the low stats on the bow. Also the firing speed is equal to the PP recovery on the weapon. It never runs out of PP!!To be more exact, it never even drops below -10 of the maximum amount!

This leads me into how it works for melee ultimate PA's, which is basically the same as the Tengoh bow.
They should be linked to kubara weapons because of the high PP stat and recovery. Considdering how much PP and ATP grinded kubara weapons gained, that paired with the attack percentages on an ultimate PA should make for insane damage. Also it the PP regeneration should allow for the PP to recover during normal attacks for additional use.

I haven't gotten into techs yet. But i assume it works on the same lines as melee somehow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-02 09:52 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jun 30, 2007, 10:55 PM
S weaps are 100% looks man.

Mayu
Jun 30, 2007, 11:02 PM
-_- Sad that my

Ran misaski owns Bear claws until I can grind Bear claws in PA damage

Lonzell
Jun 30, 2007, 11:02 PM
On 2007-06-30 20:55, Rashiid wrote:

Then next one you get, mind hookin' me up? I love lookin' my best.

Rashiid
Jun 30, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-06-30 21:02, Lonzell wrote:

On 2007-06-30 20:55, Rashiid wrote:

Then next one you get, mind hookin' me up? I love lookin' my best.

nexx? hell lemme get one 1st >.>

Theoderic
Jul 1, 2007, 10:14 AM
I doubt "Ultimate" PAs were designed to be used on Kubara weapons in particular. Not all Kubara weapons/variants have PP pools. It seems that the main reason for Kubara weapons is to allow a further choice of customization. Certain companies have more of one of the 3 stats when compared to other companies, and Kubara can offer a mixture of them, or a combination of them, but more well rounded. Another key feature is the requirements. Most have lower requirements than their legal counterparts of the same star rarity. If the requirements for some of these weapons weren't so foolishly low anyway, I guess THAT factor would be more important. I felt cheap being around 50 and being able to use every weapon available to my class. The only time I see stats restricting what one can use is on Cast GT in accordance to Wands.

Anyway, I personally didn't want to bring up anything on class weapon ranks because I felt like it would be too much flamebate... But my personal opinion without going into too much detail about my "playstyle" and "specification" is that classes with S for a particular weapon have it for one of 3 reasons: (1) This is a unique weapon designed for a particular situation, and having S in this weapon is needed for the class to stand out (S Shotgun on fG, S Rod on fT to name a few). (2) The class is the only to have this weapon and therfeore must have it in S (S Double Saber on FG). (3) S is needed for a weapon this class can use, to match up with the performance of another class which has A for the same weapon (S on Crossbow for GT vs. A for fG and FG).

When I thought about using Crossbows instead of Handguns, and dropping Shotguns altogether, I was debating going Guntecher. But I don't need S for Crossbow, because the PP reduction I have on fG, with my higher attack and accuracy, allows me to have what I consider to be the equivalent of an S Rank Crossbow's performance in a Cugo Mamba.

Kion
Jul 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
That's why it's a theory. Play style and preference still vary. That's just the way i put a few pieces of information together. This wasn't meant to be a "hey look what i'm did" thread, but i guess that's kind of what it was with the long first post. Thanks for the feed back.

Nuclearranger
Jul 1, 2007, 12:44 PM
Saddly there arnt enough restrictions that PP matters THAT much in the first place...

PP chargers are 500 and 5k for 10 and a mission now can give 20+K and they are making scapes less usefull so that cost will be eliminated.

I do agree with you that they prolly ment for it to be this way but its not a big enough deal to really matter