PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: There is no easy answer for this, but why...?

Neoptolemus
Jul 1, 2007, 02:01 AM
Why are people charging so much for synth materials that are available at NPC shops for a mere fraction of the price? I searched for Vulcaline tonight, and the average price was 100,000 meseta, while it RETAILS for 8,000. Out of the whole list, there was only one shop that had one vulcaline that was less than retail (7,900 meseta). What a fun waste of time it was searching for some. Are people actually paying that much for the stuff that is available cheaper at NPC shops? Honestly, I want to keep the meseta flowing in this game, but it is gonna end up going right back to the NPC to be recycled. I easily would have bought someone's stack of 99, had they been priced less than NPC price (or even at NPC price), but I guess greedy people don't need my hard earned meseta! Here's a little hint for all of you shopkeepers that think that something is worth a lot because it is a red item drop (7 stars or more):

* Vulcaline at NPC is 8,000
* Vestaline at NPC is 6,000
* Kerseline at NPC is 4,000
* Cyral, Chicotite, Stelnium, Teranite, and Slaterian at NPC are 2,500
* Neu, Par, and Mot Ebon at NPC are 4,000
* Ortaresin, Nanoresin, and Metaresin at NPC are 7,500
* Photons, El-Photons, and Im-Photons are 200

I really hope this topic doesn't become a flame magnet for those that think the servers of a certain system with an X or two in the name are better because they have player shops with better prices. That is not needed here. And I also hope this topic will help inform, not just the shopkeepers, but also the customers that may in fact be buying these items at the higher prices and wasting their meseta.

Rashiid
Jul 1, 2007, 02:04 AM
sadly sumtimes this is the case for the 360 too;

better yet; this is the case ALLOT

Zorafim
Jul 1, 2007, 02:09 AM
It's because ST still hasn't made a way to sort the search findings by price.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 1, 2007, 02:13 AM
People think someone dumb and rich will buy it. But they won't it just pisses people off.

-Tidus_415-
Jul 1, 2007, 02:16 AM
I barely go shopping for materials. Takes too damn long to find something under NPC price. I just go and buy the damn things from the NPC instead.

F-Gattaca
Jul 1, 2007, 02:32 AM
Well ... I try to keep my prices at 50% store depending on the item. I'm not always aware of the store price but I try to keep guide on hand when I set prices.

Hilarity ensues when people sell low level armors for several times more than the actual store. I'm talking when these armors have a lower element percentage than the store's own armor.