PDA

View Full Version : I got a confession......

InfinityXXX
Jul 1, 2007, 11:46 AM
umm....*ahem*.....I got a confession........................................ ..................I think I actually like the song "Buy U a Drank" by T-pain...>.<

Now, normally I hate snap music, and majority of "Pop/Mainstream" music but theres somethin about this song that just makes me wanna move and like it. Last night,i was in my car, skimming through radio stations and it came on and I caught my self snapping. The beat is so simple, the singer can't sing and uses a synthesizer on his voice and the lyrics are just plain dumb IMO but i like it for some reason....

...however, last night, when I listened to this song, my small joy was destroyed by the annnoying Mike Jones who screams his name 50 trillion times a song and then the undying "Walk i Out" and shortly after I had to turn the radio off due to the retarded chorus of "The Cupid Shuffle"...(WTF is up with all these retarded ass dances? I didn't like the macarena and i won't like this)

Anyways, the song (Buy U a drank) is hella addictive but I can't stand the guy nor his crusty dredlocks.(WTH is up with him and clubs, first he comes out wit I'm in luv wit a stripper, then buy u a drank and his newest single is I'm in luv wit the bartender)

I guess I'll keep this song as one of my guilty pleasure songs, right next "Make a Man out of you" from the movie Mulan >.<

chaos89
Jul 1, 2007, 02:10 PM
let the bodies hit the floor! let the bodies hit the floor! let the bodies hit the flooooooooorr!!!

EphekZ
Jul 1, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-07-01 12:10, chaos89 wrote:
let the bodies hit the floor! let the bodies hit the floor! let the bodies hit the flooooooooorr!!!

lMAOOOOOOOO

Airalean
Jul 1, 2007, 04:27 PM
Gasp!
Hey Hey You You i don't like you Girl Friend!!!
i have no idea where that came from

Ryno
Jul 1, 2007, 04:32 PM
On 2007-07-01 14:27, Brittanyy wrote:
Gasp!
Hey Hey You You i don't like you Girl Friend!!!
i have no idea where that came from

.... Please dont sing that ...eww Avril..

Paramore is better than her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-07-01 14:33 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Jul 1, 2007, 05:12 PM
PARTY LIKE A-just kidding.

I have a confession...

THIS JUST CAN'T BE SUMMER LOOOOVEEEE

ELLA ELLA ELLA EH EH EH

T-Pain's OK, his voice is unique, but you can lose your like of that song real fast.

But I'll still admit:

Even though I'm not your man, you're not my girl, I'ma call you my shaaawwwttyyyy

NOW LEMME HEAR YA SAY BIG THANGS POPPIN AND LITTLE THANGS STOPPIN

One night and one more time, thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great

Damn all these beautiful girls, that's why it'll never work, she got me suicidal, suicidal...(I forget the rest, lawl)

...I'm done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

VanHalen
Jul 1, 2007, 05:44 PM
That song is pretty dang adictive http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

sprky585
Jul 1, 2007, 06:07 PM
the only reason i would listen to it is if it came on the radio and i couldn't change it...i don't really like rap, only when my friends listen to it then i'll listen to it...but if i'm driving then we'll be listening to anything from Lynyrd Skynryd to Saliva to Avenged Sevenfold

McLaughlin
Jul 1, 2007, 06:18 PM
I don't know the lyrics, but the song where every line ends with "girl" drives me up the wall. I tihnk it may be Summer Love, but I'm not sure.

Sekani
Jul 1, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-07-01 15:12, DonRoyale wrote:
PARTY LIKE A-just kidding.

I have a confession...

THIS JUST CAN'T BE SUMMER LOOOOVEEEE

ELLA ELLA ELLA EH EH EH

T-Pain's OK, his voice is unique, but you can lose your like of that song real fast.

But I'll still admit:

Even though I'm not your man, you're not my girl, I'ma call you my shaaawwwttyyyy

NOW LEMME HEAR YA SAY BIG THANGS POPPIN AND LITTLE THANGS STOPPIN

One night and one more time, thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great

Damn all these beautiful girls, that's why it'll never work, she got me suicidal, suicidal...(I forget the rest, lawl)

...I'm done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Laugh out loud http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

InfinityXXX
Jul 1, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-07-01 15:12, DonRoyale wrote:

Ugh, don't get me started on that song, I hate it but i catch myself humming the chorus when i'm alone.

DonRoyale
Jul 1, 2007, 08:36 PM
Os, that's "Summer Love" without a doubt.

Infinity, the song isn't bad, but it falls under the "Better Sung By Someone Else" category. >.>

Night_Raid
Jul 1, 2007, 10:14 PM
Great, because of Infinity I just youtubed "I'll make a man out of you" and listened to the song. Now I actually kind of like it. Remind me to find a map to The Harmony so I can kick you in the head. I too hate most crappy mainstream music today, I.E. I wanna fuck you, walk it out. Whatever. Because it's all so damn stupid! I don't give a crap about how long you wanna walk it out. Go do it somehwere else. I hate the dances that come with the songs too. I swear, highschool kids these days would spin on their faces holding their feet behind their backs if Akon did it, it pisses me off to no ends. However, even if the lyrics could suck the gay out of Elton John's ass, I have to admit, some songs actually have pretty good rythm/beat. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't even bother sitting through "Smack That" Or some other bullshit song.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Raid on 2007-07-01 20:15 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Jul 1, 2007, 11:34 PM
It's all production these days. Hell, ask Timbaland http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Weeaboolits
Jul 1, 2007, 11:53 PM
I only like a handful f rap songs, and none of them are the gangster rap dance poser crap on the radio and music channels, my brother loves that garbage though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Rockin' The Mic ftw. ;]

chaos89
Jul 2, 2007, 12:55 AM
metal all the way!!

InfinityXXX
Jul 2, 2007, 01:46 AM
On 2007-07-01 20:14, Night_Raid wrote:
Great, because of Infinity I just youtubed "I'll make a man out of you" and listened to the song. Now I actually kind of like it. Remind me to find a map to The Harmony so I can kick you in the head. I too hate most crappy mainstream music today, I.E. I wanna fuck you, walk it out. Whatever. Because it's all so damn stupid! I don't give a crap about how long you wanna walk it out. Go do it somehwere else. I hate the dances that come with the songs too. I swear, highschool kids these days would spin on their faces holding their feet behind their backs if Akon did it, it pisses me off to no ends. However, even if the lyrics could suck the gay out of Elton John's ass, I have to admit, some songs actually have pretty good rythm/beat. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't even bother sitting through "Smack That" Or some other bullshit song.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Raid on 2007-07-01 20:15 ]</font>

"Lets get down to business...to defeat, the huns"
"Did they send me daughters or did they send me sons?"
"Your the saddest bunch I ever met but you can bet before we're through"
"Mister, I'll, make a man, out of you!!!!!"

One of my favorite disney songs from one of my favorite disney movies lol...
---------------
My main problem is the dances and the bad rep that the south is getting now because of this new snap music. I'm from the south but i don't like that music.

Not only that but me and a bunch of other hip hop dancers/bboys i know have a deep hatred for these new dances that are out and not only that but they reuse dances that have already existed.

Walk it out? Hmmm, a looser version of the Twist? 2 Step?, that one russian sailor dance? The Cupid Shuffle A sad mix of the cha cha slide and the electirc slide? My god I could rip DJ Unk's throat out (how the f*ck he become a DJ/Rapper anyway?)

What gets me is that mainstream rap/R&B/Pop is borrowing from so many other elements and genres of music and dance. I use to get made fun of for listening to Trance but all of a sudden Timbaland can produce hits (sexyback/anonymous?)and make a whole damn cd (yes i own it) of Dance sounding music and its popular and accepeted...people these days

But anyways, I do agree with DonRoyale that the Beautiful Girl song would sound better if sung by another person. Somethin bout that dudes voice irks me....

Leonah
Jul 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
On 2007-07-01 22:55, chaos89 wrote:
metal all the way!!

m/ Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love music <3 And don't feel bad, our musical taste doesn't have to stay in one genre http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif!! I love METALLICA(because BF plays them a lot and I've been brainwashed XD) and Gackt, who is a japanese pop/rock band.

You know what's great?

"B! Banana! B-A-N-A-N-A!" - THATS not the good part: it's the preppy ditz's who sing it and go "B! Banana! B-A-N-A-N-N-A-N!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif that's one spelling error i'll never get tired of listening to...

Jehosaphaty
Jul 2, 2007, 06:33 PM
I must confess that I absolutely hate, the song that includes the following line...."hey babay, hey babay." It makes my ears want to bleed. Also on my current rap-hate-list is the song that includes the lines...."we fly high, we ballin". No talent. At. All. Sounds like the guy is ready to throw up, all raspy and gross. Or maybe he's just plugging his nose because he thinks that nasally is in right now. This is precisely why I haaate radio rap. Sux.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2007-07-02 17:15 ]</font>

Allos
Jul 2, 2007, 09:33 PM
metal all the way!!

Cradle of Filth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Back on topic:

"See I met her at this party in Atlanta!
Well I met her in this party in Chicago!

We messing with the same girl same girl same girl
She’s the apple of my eye, and my potential wife be the
Same girl, same girl, same girl"

And so forth. It's been stuck in my head for four days straight.

Sord
Jul 2, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-07-01 09:46, InfinityXXX wrote:
I guess I'll keep this song as one of my guilty pleasure songs, right next "Make a Man out of you" from the movie Mulan >.<

the soundtrack for the first mulan was great. Then again, Disney's probably my guilty songs, I like disney songs even though I'm a metal head. : / Fantasia vids are cool, as I like classic/romantic/baroque music as well. Mozart's and Verdi's Requiems FTW!

heh, this thread went from a rant to more of an Off-topic question thread

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-07-02 19:55 ]</font>

Midicronica
Jul 2, 2007, 11:48 PM
On 2007-07-02 16:33, Jehosaphaty wrote:
I must confess that I absolutely hate, the song that includes the following line...."hey babay, hey babay." It makes my ears want to bleed. Also on my current rap-hate-list is the song that includes the lines...."we fly high, we ballin". No talent. At. All. Sounds like the guy is ready to throw up, all raspy and gross. Or maybe he's just plugging his nose because he thinks that nasally is in right now. This is precisely why I haaate radio rap. Sux.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2007-07-02 17:15 ]</font>

Let's be friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 3, 2007, 10:51 AM
I've never even heard that song before, yeah, I don't watch MTV, my only source of music is the internet and youtube where I listen to metal and j-music. So yeah, I don't even know who T-Pain is. Yeah.... >.>
Well, anyway, I agree, Metal all the way! >=)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-07-03 09:00 ]</font>

chaos89
Jul 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-07-02 19:33, Allos wrote:

metal all the way!!

Cradle of Filth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Back on topic:

"See I met her at this party in Atlanta!
Well I met her in this party in Chicago!

We messing with the same girl same girl same girl
She’s the apple of my eye, and my potential wife be the
Same girl, same girl, same girl"

And so forth. It's been stuck in my head for four days straight.

y joo hate >:(

chaos89
Jul 3, 2007, 01:14 PM
that song "party like a rock star" i f-ing hate! especially the video

Allos
Jul 3, 2007, 05:13 PM
On 2007-07-03 11:10, chaos89 wrote:

y joo hate >:(

Mostly because mallcore kids call Cradle of Filth "black metal", which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 4, 2007, 12:51 PM
Welll, Cradle of Filth may not be true black metal, but its WAY better than that "Party Like a Rockstar" song, which I actually HAVE heard, although only in like small clips, butI know how the chorus goes. Yeah, Cradle of Filth pwns that, thats for sure, and Cradle of Filth still gets pwned by real black metal like Thyrane, Naglfar, Emperor, Sigh (yeah, Japanophilia sticks onto me, even in metal), and Mayhem.

DonRoyale
Jul 5, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-07-02 16:33, Jehosaphaty wrote:

The two songs in question here are Hurricane Chris' "Ay Bay Bay" (the hook is annoying, but I like the song because the verses are unique...) and Jim Jones' "We Fly High" (which I liked for like, 2 seconds)

Really, a lot of mainstream popular rap-most of the #1's at the hottest rap tracks on Billboard-are songs I usually can't stand.

It's all opinion, really...(guilty of liking "Umbrella", as well as LOVING "Shut Up And Drive" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif)

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 5, 2007, 04:00 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=L_fbe5HOEhs

I like that song now XD

Jehosaphaty
Jul 5, 2007, 04:57 PM
It's So Hot Up In Da Club
Dat I Ain't Got No Shoes On
I'm Holdin' Up A Big Stack of Dem
Hundreds In A Rubba Band

When I See A Bad Chik Im Hollerin Out(Ay Bay Bay)
I Hope Yall Ain't Wit Ya Boyfriendz
Cause I Don't Care Wat Dey Say
And I Don't Care Wat He Say Or She Say
I'm In Da Dj Booth Takin' Pictures Wit Da Dj

I Shine Real Bright In Da Light Because Im A Star
8 Shots Of Patrons Now im Standin' on Da Bar
Probably Get Drunk as a skunk
N put da keys in da wrong car

Unique? Let's see, we've got money, hoes, and alcohol: all staples of any good rap song. Hmmph..."Art" is used so loosely these days. I just can't wrap my mind around how someone gets paid for the "We Fly High" track when the song honestly is awful: all that muttering crap; then again, I can't understand while people pay for FallOutBoy either, but whatever.

Radio honestly sucks--you can't sample music, you get the same damn stuff repeated over and over again. You're either forced to XM or trolling through stuff on itunes.

DonRoyale
Jul 5, 2007, 05:11 PM
I meant flow-wise, not lyric-wise. Lyrically it's a piece of crap.

DurakkenX
Jul 5, 2007, 05:34 PM
Every genre of music has it's songs that people with an open mind can enjoy.

The thing about disney songs is that they are quality controlled when they are for their movies...where as in other cases if anyone has a slight following music labels will let them sing anything they want and ignore that the music sucks. Why do you think Motown was such a good record company? Because it was all quality controlled by Barry Gordy.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 5, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-07-05 15:11, DonRoyale wrote:
I meant flow-wise, not lyric-wise. Lyrically it's a piece of crap.

Haha, alright, well that's cool then; I can feel that.

Leonah
Jul 7, 2007, 09:35 AM
Rap sucks lyric wise...: That part isn't art....at...all....That'd be like a painter taking a crap on the piece of paper and calling it "cow flower".... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif moo.

The art comes from the beat and the flow that automatically makes my head bobb up and down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif THOUGH SOME rap songs are OK, lyrical wise... :3 ver. few, i'll bet.

Techno!!!!! Now there's some music that makes me want to move. XD It's just a bunch of beeps and noises[most of the time]...but it's pretty fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif 'specially when I need to just bounce off the walls at 3am...

But yes. Rock 'n Roll of ALL kinds are absolute favorites...! C'mon, I GREW UP with the solo's, the screaming, the wicked guitarists...Nothin' better [IMO]!!!!