PDA

View Full Version : PSU: The PSU and PSO ep3 and BB Books

Sha Sha
Jul 1, 2007, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone. I just returned from Anime Expo 2007 in Long Beach California. I returned only because well I am Sick ><
Anyway while I was there I picked up "The Elements of Phantasy Star Universe" Book. It also came with "Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution & Phantasy Star Online Blue burst Episode IV Visual Book"

As seen here by Playasia (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-lt-49-zh-70-21y3.html)

Both books are worth the $40 I paid for the Collection. The PSU Book shows all kinds of awesome picture and if I could read Japanese better then I can at the moment I bet it is full of information as well.
The beginning of the book shows beautiful pictures of
the Cover art for the gameboxes and CD Soundtracks. It also shows Sketchs of the pictures some of the art before it was finished, some showing Ethan in his long haired appearance. It also shows the Art for the events by (i think) Shinya Kaneko. These events are Xmas, Valentines, White Day and Easter.

Chapter 1 Shows all the character art. These include all Major Characters Like Ethan and Karen, To the Minor characters like the Lumia and Dr. Warren.
Ethan's Character Art goes on for 4 Pages and even shows his outfit for the AOI Arc.It also shows his rough sketchs with the long hair. It even shows some points on how to draw the clothes.
Karen's Character Art page also went on for 4 pages. Again her showed a lot of sketchs and different clothes and whatnot.
The three characters sketch artwork that had me laughing was Magashi's, Hyuga's and the Vol Brothers. Once I scan them, you'll know why. They are the only two other characters who got 4 pages of sketchs( Except the brothers).
Even Laia and Hal got character sketch pages. Did ya know Laia is 24? Hal's 19 Oh and Tonnio is 26 and Lina...shes 29...

Part 2 of Chapter 1 Shows character art for the outfits found Online. It also shows all elements of the clothes. This will surly help those artist out there. This Mini section of a section is catergorized by Planet. Parum is 1st. It Shows the Male's then Females. The Clothes pictured for the male set are The Brave's Outfit (like the one Ethan Wears) The Braves Coat, The speeders outfit and the Nobel's outfit. The Female are The Braves Set, Phantis set and a bunch of others I dont know >>. It goes on to the Neudaiz and Maotoob Fashions as well. It even shows the Bathing suits and a few cast parts. Part 3 is the NPC Costumes. These are mostly Shop NPC's. After that is PAGES of Pm'. They are SOOOO CUTE.

Chapter 2 is "World" It bascially Shows all the sketchs of the planets and game places.

Chapter 3 is monsters. Its catergorized by Planet again. It shows all the monsters so far. They do not invclude speical event monsters tho. Rappys and Jaggos are in there.

Chapter 4 Is weapons
The weapons are done in a lot of detail.
Every type of Weapon has at lease a full page.

And that's the End of That Book.

The 2nd Book
"Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution & Phantasy Star Online Blue burst Episode IV Visual Book"
is split in half. One side is for ep3 the other BB
The Ep3 side shows all the artwork (or at lease most of it) from the cards.
the BB side shows The new location sketches and artwork of the PSOBB NPC's like Karen (the defualt Ranger) and Gilliam (the defult Racast)
It also shows Random Player Charaters.
Next part shows random monsters from the new areas and a few of the old one.
The Weapons are next. It shows a randomized collection of weapons like the guns and frying pan.
it also shows 1 page of shields.
The last part of the BB side are the PSOBB mini comics.
I wish i could read them they seem funny =D

Ok and after i gave so much info on the books, Does anyone want me to scan certain pages?
(if i can even do that)
Im certain a few of the artists here on PSOW will like to see the outfit Pages.
I plan to scan them fullsize then upload to an online gallery like Photobucket. Anyway I hope people like the mini review if not the questions >>

*waves*

~Tsukuyo

EDIT: The Scans are IN!
if you wish to view them please go here:

*Link Removed*

PLease note I am Currently Scanning Pages. Refreash Often to see new images Right now Im only Scanning a few information pages but in due time Ill try to get them ALL scanned =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsukuyo on 2007-08-16 23:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-08-17 04:25 ]</font>

Ryno
Jul 1, 2007, 04:36 PM
That is where I bought my PSU soundtrack original score..lol

landman
Jul 1, 2007, 05:03 PM
I paid 3000 yen for them in amazon.jp

zandra117
Jul 1, 2007, 07:50 PM
scans plz

AzureBlaze
Jul 2, 2007, 02:04 AM
I would love to own these books!
But if I can't, I really want to see some scans! I'd like to see the PSU stuff, and any of the things you thought were funny. The drawing helps would also be good! Scanning it to photobucket would work out great. I hope you can do this and post it here!

Sha Sha
Jul 2, 2007, 02:20 PM
Well as soon as i find my USB cord for my scanner ill start scanning =D

Nai_Calus
Jul 2, 2007, 03:15 PM
They're nice, but seem a little skimpy. I'd have rather they did a completely seperate PSU book as thick as the two PSO artbooks with more completeness to it - Some characters have barely any art, some are more covered than others. There's more detail on Dohgi Mikuna than there is on Mirei, for example. Only a couple of characters get any concept/design process art... Not all the clothing we have now even pre-AoI is shown and there aren't many discarded concepts. (Man, I loved that in the PSO artbooks. The discarded classes and ideas for ones that did make it so you can see what kind of outfits and such weren't used in the final version. Awesome stuff. Love that kind of thing.) The world section feels too short, and while the weapons section is nice, some things get skipped out on - The Dagger page doesn't even show any of the A-rank designs, while every other weapon page does. No concept designs, and the art for the Psycho Wand comes from the Ep1&2 PSO artbook. XD

Similarly, I'd like to see EpIII/EpIV get more space than a book shared between the two of them. More EpIII concept sketches and ideas, same for EpIV,

Still worth getting, but I would have liked to see some more comprehensive coverage all around.

Freshellent
Jul 3, 2007, 02:35 AM
I just returned myself from AX. ( Great con this year btw.)

I err,actually paid 30 for my copy. >.>; (Mistagged,I think.)

Yeah,I was thinking the same things you were right after I browsed it. Regardless I'm glad I picked it up. Then again,I might have just been okay with it simply because I also got the PSO Official Art book.
If you ask me,totally worth it.I'm quite satisfied with the purchase myself. I can't see a reason why you shouldn't get it yourselves if you consider yourself a fan.

Maverynthia
Jul 8, 2007, 08:29 PM
So when are th scans going to appear?

Myphys
Jul 9, 2007, 11:22 PM
Looks like no one has a scanner, or are willing to scan their's.
And I was looking forward to see them. Grrr.

Maverynthia
Jul 17, 2007, 08:00 PM
I really wanted to see the Magashi pics.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I wanna know what was so funny about them.

Sha Sha
Jul 17, 2007, 08:05 PM
As soon as I can get my scanner USB cord illg et right on it
but i gotta wait a few more days ><

Sha Sha
Aug 17, 2007, 01:31 AM
iF you wish to view the scans please go here
*Link Removed*

currently working on scanning pages

edit: Finshed for now Note to self Tomorrow must Scan Store NPC
PM's
Weapons

Other Sub Characters
If you have a character scanned that I do not have up yet please just post and I'll get him/her up asap!
For now tho im so tired >< and my book is slightly bent >>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsukuyo on 2007-08-16 23:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-08-17 04:10 ]</font>

Myphys
Aug 17, 2007, 03:33 AM
No freaking way!
Hats off to you Tsukuyo.

Er, how do I show a better expression of thanks?

Anyway, thanks for the scans.

A2K
Aug 17, 2007, 06:10 AM
Er, hate to be a killjoy here, but full-page scans are definitely against the "copyrighted material" rule, same as songs and the like. Be sure to keep that in mind for the future.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-08-17 04:14 ]</font>

Midicronica
Aug 17, 2007, 06:24 AM
For some reason, I find myself wanting that book.

Sha Sha
Aug 17, 2007, 11:22 AM
Sorry everyone ><
Uh so can i show bits and pieces of the scanned page then??
hmm i shoud Pm him and ask him that then