PDA

View Full Version : PSU alphabet trouble

lethe
Jul 1, 2007, 10:18 PM
normally i can read the writing all over with not trouble but i cant figure out what it says over the space dock (where u start the dark sattellite missions) my best guess is research port or resource port but there just doesnt seem to be enough letters or the right letters to be exact....this is really bugging me pleez help me out

jayster
Jul 1, 2007, 10:28 PM
This would make a good fun thread. Relate a psu word with each letter of the alaphabet and see how many you can get for each letter. Maybe I'll make one like that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But I'm not on my game now so I can't help you out, sory.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-07-01 20:28 ]</font>

A2K
Jul 2, 2007, 05:05 AM
"Reserve Port"

Tykwa
Jul 2, 2007, 05:09 AM
Hmm, anyone know what it says on a player shops TV things, I know it says somthing like "now on sell" and somthing else I cannot understand

Ravennittes
Jul 2, 2007, 06:39 AM
It says:

NOW
ON
SELL
can't read this part but it's a weapon name i think, and sell is misspelled and should be 'sale'. this is sega we're talking about though....

EspioKaos
Jul 2, 2007, 08:12 AM
On 2007-07-02 03:09, Tykwa wrote:
Hmm, anyone know what it says on a player shops TV things, I know it says somthing like "now on sell" and somthing else I cannot understand

"Price of Surprise!" My personal favorite; in fact, that's what I named my shop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Once the expansion comes out and we can program our Parter Machinery to greet customers, I'll definitely have mine screaming out "Welcome to Logan's Price of Surprise!!" when someone comes in. Or something like that.

SATatami
Jul 2, 2007, 09:47 AM
I can just imagine the obscenities shopkeeper PMs will spout...

JAFO22000
Jul 2, 2007, 11:09 AM
What does it say on the front of the left pant leg of the Innocent Slacks?

EspioKaos
Jul 2, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-07-02 09:09, JAFO22000 wrote:

Just took a look at it in the item database, and it looks like it says "Show the Man." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif To verify, though, I'd need a better shot that's not at an angle. If I were home right now, I'd log into the game to check, but since I'm not...

F-Gattaca
Jul 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
I'm actually surprised at how, uh, literate the Gurhal text is in Phantasy Star Universe. We're talking about the Japanese devs using English--and even then with really crazy fonts--to simulate an alien language. A lot of this stuff probably flies right over the heads of your average Japanese player, although they've probably had fans make concerted attempts to transcribe the text into a readable English font, and then translate that ...

If you want some hardcore translation work, try translating Neudaiz and Moatoob stuff. It sure seems like Neudaiz, for its quasi-Japanese font (and culture for that matter ... who said they're space elves?!), is actually English just like the rest of Gurhalian text.

JAFO22000
Jul 2, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-07-02 09:31, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-07-02 09:09, JAFO22000 wrote:

Just took a look at it in the item database, and it looks like it says "Show the Man." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif To verify, though, I'd need a better shot that's not at an angle. If I were home right now, I'd log into the game to check, but since I'm not...

Thanks! I got the "The Man" part, but just could never discern the first word. I remember staring at some idling player's pant leg for a few minutes one day...

EspioKaos
Jul 2, 2007, 12:25 PM
On 2007-07-02 10:10, F-Gattaca wrote:
If you want some hardcore translation work, try translating Neudaiz and Moatoob stuff. It sure seems like Neudaiz, for its quasi-Japanese font (and culture for that matter ... who said they're space elves?!), is actually English just like the rest of Gurhalian text.

You're right; it's still and English based font, just with letters based on Chinese and Japanese character radicals. Some of the letters actually resemble their English counterparts (T comes to mind), while others, well... not so much.

Niered
Jul 2, 2007, 12:39 PM
Doesnt the back of the braves coat say "Gaurd Skin System"?

EspioKaos
Jul 2, 2007, 12:41 PM
"Solid Skin System."

Kylie
Jul 2, 2007, 01:19 PM
The text on PSU is interesting... I'm glad they did it because it adds an element of character.

Maverynthia
Jul 2, 2007, 03:41 PM
What do some of the CAST bodies say? *watches Dannie try to read his body* "made in CHINA!! WHAT!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maverynthia on 2007-07-02 13:41 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Jul 2, 2007, 09:36 PM
I think it says "power" right above Maya's ass, not sure though. you tell me. http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/OmegaWeltall/PSU%20Screens/mayasass.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-07-02 20:20 ]</font>

A2K
Jul 2, 2007, 11:09 PM
Even after a thorough examination of her hindquarters it's rather difficult to tell what it says, as the bottom of the letters are cut-off a bit and the resolution on the letters isn't all that high to begin with. If I were to guess, I think it says "PRIMO".

Niered
Jul 2, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-07-02 21:09, A2K wrote:
Even after a thorough examination of her hindquarters it's rather difficult to tell what it says, as the bottom of the letters are cut-off a bit and the resolution on the letters isn't all that high to begin with. If I were to guess, I think it says "PRIMO".

Well obviously this means that we need to ask her to take it off so we can get a better look at her-I MEAN-the text. Text, yes, of course, text. What else could I possibly be staring at other than text?

lethe
Jul 3, 2007, 12:26 AM
im glad this topic was successful ^.^ and A2k is most deffinatley right although i dont know why sega chose that choice of wording but that is definatly primo , i can read most of the gurhal text on psu just the cursive like stuff (they do tie letters together in long words) sometimes throws me off but i can read the single letters no prob, been a little hobby of mine since pso XP

Soukosa
Jul 3, 2007, 01:25 AM
On 2007-07-02 07:47, SATatami wrote:
I can just imagine the obscenities shopkeeper PMs will spout...

Forget the PMs, it's about the parrot decos that repeat the last several things said around them. Imagine all of the cursing they'll learn from people seeing prices in certain shops ;p

EspioKaos
Jul 4, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-07-02 21:09, A2K wrote:

You are correct. There's a better shot of this in the art book. Also, the book shows the name of Leo's clothing designer: Revolt Works. This is represented by a small "RW" logo on the back of his vest.