PDA

View Full Version : Which 42x?

Morganna
Jul 3, 2007, 12:14 AM
I'm working on a 420-class PM.

Which version should I choose?

I like the independent nature of the origina, and the looks of 420 and 421 are most to my liking.

But can anyone tell me which might be overall best? By overall I mean decent for all situations.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 3, 2007, 12:18 AM
They all have an equal chance to fail your weapon boards, so..uh...I dunno.

Morganna
Jul 3, 2007, 12:21 AM
It's a dirty PM. If I ever want to start making stuff I can use one of my other characters for a pure one. Hopefully by then I'll have money, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gryffin
Jul 3, 2007, 01:27 AM
I personally have a 422, and I Looovve her. But Im waiting for the 424, or 425, whichever uses the axe >:3

Hyda
Jul 3, 2007, 02:00 AM
I have just the 420, she may not be as strong as she could be but she kills just fine for me.

Shiryuu
Jul 3, 2007, 02:09 AM
Stick with the original. She has yo-yo daggers, and looks cool doing cartwheels.

Morganna
Jul 3, 2007, 06:57 AM
Meanwhile, I just got her striking to 29, so now it is time for me to focus on another stat to raise.

For now, I'm doing technic.

Should I abandon all hopes of finding a cheap way of doing it, and just start farming/grinding ad nauseum to keep up with money?

Shiryuu
Jul 3, 2007, 07:01 AM
Feeding it G-traps is a cheap way to do it. If it's a dragon right now, feeding it anything that isn't striking will turn it to a 420.

The_Big_Show
Jul 3, 2007, 09:51 AM
Definitely go with the 422 its really good and independent while in battle

Akaimizu
Jul 3, 2007, 09:55 AM
I like em all, actually. The Original 420 is nice for that dagger special she uses. The 422 is pretty tough, too. Not quite as many juggle opportunities as the original; but I felt it worked well since my character can heal and the SUV is helpful......once in a while.

The 421 (with auto healing armor unit) seems a bit easier for the guardian who has to use a star atomizer to heal the PM. This is only due to the annoying gradual damage a PM may incur, in a mission, which they don't heal. Thus arriving to battle with low health. Not that this is too big a deal, but some people may just not feel like using as much meseta to keep their PM up.

At least I personally tested the 420, 422. They both have the penchant for fighting as an individual. The 421 might do the same, but I'm not sure. Which means they'll often fight a bit of a distance away from you. The main purpose is for those who can't take hits well, and want the PM to offer a good course of distraction. An effect that's completely lost if the PM sticks too close to you. This is why a lot put the importance in the health aspect and what their player character can do about it; especially since a big part of why they might go 42X is so that the PM can incur some of the hits for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-03 07:58 ]</font>

Morganna
Jul 3, 2007, 01:48 PM
Woot!

Just tested with the calculator, I can just keep spamming G traps to get it to 420...will be a lot cheaper than using technic type stuff!

Now I just need 50k a day to ensure a full feeding of 100 G traps, which will be 1200 points of ranged skill a day...that's 12 levels, right?

I think mine is like 38 or 39. Rounding up to 40, that will another 4 days till 420, if all goes well.

Go to Harumi no Mori's shop, I have stuff there, including a couple of rappy feathers and a lapucha shell.

Oh, and the character is a Force, will probably become a Wartecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morganna on 2007-07-03 11:49 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Jul 3, 2007, 02:36 PM
For my 42x, I used 1* Melee weapons to get Striking to 20 and 2* Traps the rest of the way to get Ranged to 80.

I use a 421, she's freaking vicious. The HP regeneration is very nice over the long run, plus her defense is already top-notch so she can very easily recover from hits that do some damage. Her attack power is good and she's amazing with Single and Twin Claws. Her independence is also very impressive, just let her wail on a mob while you assault from afar.

As for the 421's PAs, she uses the Single Claw PA with the spiral-y graphic (aka the GOOD PA) and she uses the ultimate Twin Claw PA, which is very impressive against big mobs. I like it a whole hell of a lot more than the 41x series.

Morganna
Jul 3, 2007, 08:21 PM
I like the sound of the 421, but the psupedia says it's support I think.

Astarin
Jul 3, 2007, 10:30 PM
I've tried the 420, 421 and 422. Didn't care much for the 422, but the other two are about equal in terms of attack patterns and effectiveness. Decide which one looks cooler, or pick them based on weapons (420 uses twin daggers, 421 uses twin claws).