PDA

View Full Version : who the hell else is ecstatic about firebreak being over?

majan
Jul 3, 2007, 11:30 AM
I was on vacation during the last week of firebreak,so coming home to a nice firebreak-free psu lobby was really nice. Now,there's no more bullshit neudaiz or parum missions that EVERYBODY is doing and doing nothing else.
Now,everybody's back to hunting the stuff they all used to hunt..i.e rare slot units, S-ranks, etc. Now the emphasis is back onto the game and not (glitchable) ridiculous 11* bear claws and strange ass new auras. Granted,all that stuff was kinda cool(a little),but it just kind of showed how most people(mostly those outside of our comunity here at psow)will generally do all it takes to get what is new.

I'm happy its all over though. Now market prices will reset(a little) since everyone is back doing normal missions,missions that if you feel like doing,you can go ahead and find a party to do the damn thing.

who agrees?

Kylie
Jul 3, 2007, 11:32 AM
I agree. =)

Firebreak was getting stale, and I don't miss it.

majan
Jul 3, 2007, 11:33 AM
the saddest part is how neudaiz was purified more than twice,and parum and moatoob didnt even make it to 50%

gambit04
Jul 3, 2007, 11:35 AM
On 2007-07-03 09:33, majan wrote:
the saddest part is how neudaiz was purified more than twice,and parum and moatoob didnt even make it to 50%

Yes that is why I'm glad to see it go no one cared about purifying every planet.

Rashiid
Jul 3, 2007, 11:36 AM
i forgot what estatic means....but...

im glad its over....

Akaimizu
Jul 3, 2007, 11:37 AM
Firebreak was a neat time, but it was not something that should be forever. To me, I'm just finally glad we're back on a time where no special event is happening. I tell you, this year has been a doozy. Seemed like a special *limited time* event was happening constantly. Now I can actually take a bit more of a break from PSU and get my other games in there. I'll still be playing and be ready to go, but I wont feel the pressure to get on everyday I can just to get some limited time drops.

Going back to the nice casual-paced *just raise stuff* ideal is nice and smooth. Kind of funny how this event ends on my real Birthday. With all the crazy stuff that's happening IRL, at this time, I can use the relaxed play. It's like I'm at the point of just trying to do anything relaxed, free, and maybe a bit crazy, just so I don't go crazy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

majan
Jul 3, 2007, 11:39 AM
ecstatic(adj.) 1.made of excited, mega-happy, jumping for joy, shitting oneself in glee

majan
Jul 3, 2007, 11:40 AM
On 2007-07-03 09:37, Akaimizu wrote:
Firebreak was a neat time, but it was not something that should be forever. To me, I'm just finally glad we're back on a time where no special event is happening. I tell you, this year has been a doozy. Seemed like a special *limited time* event was happening constantly. Now I can actually take a bit more of a break from PSU and get my other games in there. I'll still be playing and be ready to go, but I wont feel the pressure to get on everyday I can just to get some limited time drops.

Going back to the nice casual-paced *just raise stuff* ideal is nice and smooth. Kind of funny how this event ends on my real Birthday. With all the crazy stuff that's happening IRL, at this time, I can use the relaxed play. It's like I'm at the point of just trying to do anything relaxed, free, and maybe a bit crazy, just so I don't go crazy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I hear ya. most of the stress associated with firebreak is trying not to get angry at how stupid people are.

Akaimizu
Jul 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
Well, if estatic is going by all those definitions at once, I'll be happy to never be it.

The only time I'd see myself doing the last part of that definition is if I have a near death experience. Or think I had one. And I'd rather not even do that.

But as for stress, I wouldn't say it was other people, per se. Just that pressure that if you're not always on, you're missing out on something important. It's just that due to out-of-PSU events, lately, I'm just looking for a calm release, that's all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-03 09:45 ]</font>

Retehi
Jul 3, 2007, 11:44 AM
The sound of the Photon Eraser was starting to become a sharp pain to my ears. So yes, I'm glad it's over.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
I'm just glad that lobby music is dead. It's safe to walk around GC now; Jife would agree with this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-07-03 09:50 ]</font>

gambit04
Jul 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-07-03 09:44, Retehi wrote:
The sound of the Photon Eraser was starting to become a sharp pain to my ears. So yes, I'm glad it's over.

Don't party with me then I might just whip it out and start zapping things with it

Chuck_Norris
Jul 3, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-07-03 09:39, majan wrote:
ecstatic(adj.) 1.made of excited, mega-happy, jumping for joy, shitting oneself in glee

0_o

Anyway i kind of miss fire break, Players had to work together to beat the missions, i like missions that need teamwork to finish, also the leet exp,

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/psu20070624_190412_009.jpg

Umberger
Jul 3, 2007, 11:58 AM
I was ready for Firebreak to be over after I did my 7 missions and got my Frying Pan ticket verified. It was a cool idea, but I'm glad it was only a limited time event.

/anxiously awaits our Famitsu Cup-like event.

amtalx
Jul 3, 2007, 12:10 PM
I could have used more money from Urgent Orders A. Although, I will gladly trade the oportunity to rake in cash for a Shigga Desta.

JAFO22000
Jul 3, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-07-03 09:30, majan wrote:
Now,there's no more bullshit neudaiz or parum missions that EVERYBODY is doing and doing nothing else.

This is true. Now it's pretty much all Neudaiz or Moatoob missions that EVERYBODY is doing.

Hatemachine
Jul 3, 2007, 12:37 PM
Yes thats true people have migrated to moatoob AND neudiaz BUT at least your more likely to find groups for the other runs during FB this was next to impossible this event had every low level character mid level AND high level going apeshit.

If they werent looking for the rares they wanted the MP's I myself managed QUITE the supply of nanoresin and polymer even ortaresin got a good boost.

I worked the living unholy hell outta my FT techs and got barta from 1 too 21 and about 3 others I never really used but are nice to keep around and Noszonde was EASY to level.

Same with the skills and bullets but that was becuase NO ONE WAS RUNNING ANYTHING BUT FB I checked lobbies for CB, De Ragan, seabed even had next to no one doing S2 runs and trying to form a group for anything not FB related was nigh impossible.

So I capitalized and made my characters stronger for when it was going to be dead and gone and man it has paid off in spades.

It was great for materials and for working skills but man I aint gonna shed a tear for this events passing.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-07-03 09:49, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I'm just glad that lobby music is dead. It's safe to walk around GC now; Jife would agree with this.

Heh. I agree, but for different reasons. (I had the music off so THAT wasn't a problem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) When Raine's not around, my eyes tend to wander all over the place: walls, ceilings, floors, decorations, empty space. The nasty furry undersides of the Amy statues are now gone; my eyes are again safe to wander should Raine not be there to keep them focused.

Shishi-O
Jul 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
.........................=the sound of lobby for mad beast and crimzon party goers

Sexy_Raine
Jul 3, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-07-03 11:02, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Heh. I agree, but for different reasons. (I had the music off so THAT wasn't a problem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) When Raine's not around, my eyes tend to wander all over the place: walls, ceilings, floors, decorations, empty space. The nasty furry undersides of the Amy statues are now gone; my eyes are again safe to wander should Raine not be there to keep them focused.

I never even bothered looking at the statues, except the Sonic one, because he was picking his nose, and it's hard not to make jokes of it.

BTW I hate furries, with the exception of Fox McCloud, he's an awesom furry. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Jul 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
i never knew the exp on A.....

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-07-03 11:08, Sexy_Raine wrote:

I never even bothered looking at the statues, except the Sonic one, because he was picking his nose, and it's hard not to make jokes of it.

BTW I hate furries, with the exception of Fox McCloud, he's an awesom furry. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Well, I happen to look at a lot of stuff simply because my eyes wander. I hate furries, but my eyes still gravitate toward them. Tails is the only furry on the Colony that looked like something I'd wanna pet, with that cute fox head of his. Then again, Tails is probably Fox in disguise spying on the Sonic world (is it still Mobius?) in preparation of the Lylat system's inevitible takeover.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 3, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-07-03 11:13, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

On 2007-07-03 11:08, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Well, I happen to look at a lot of stuff simply because my eyes wander. I hate furries, but my eyes still gravitate toward them. Tails is the only furry on the Colony that looked like something I'd wanna pet, with that cute fox head of his. Then again, Tails is probably Fox in disguise spying on the Sonic world (is it still Mobius?) in preparation of the Lylat system's inevitible takeover.

heheh, that would be interesting, wouldn't it?

natewifi
Jul 3, 2007, 01:42 PM
Okay...? They spammed Neudaiz, and? Get over that shit, stop being a douche about the past (that goes for all of you, and not just the spamming I mean everything in general). :/

Shou
Jul 3, 2007, 01:46 PM
I think FB lasteddfor the perfect amount of time. However, when we get the Famitsu Cup event, i dont think anyone will be happy after its gone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LS_Aksion
Jul 3, 2007, 01:48 PM
the missions were rather simple, once everyone knew what to do. Did it for the $$$ & for the frying pan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

perfectminute
Jul 3, 2007, 02:39 PM
The Mp was amazing... I switched classes just for that. And the fact that you made money is nice.

Jakosifer
Jul 3, 2007, 10:07 PM
I don't miss it at all. It was too easy to spam. Its kind of sad when you see people go from lvl 15 to 70 in 2 weeks time.

Lonzell
Jul 3, 2007, 10:19 PM
Firebreak forced everyone to work as teams. Now everyone can go back to being n00bs. Yay...? Not really.

majan
Jul 4, 2007, 11:12 AM
On 2007-07-03 20:19, Lonzell wrote:
Firebreak forced everyone to work as teams. Now everyone can go back to being n00bs. Yay...? Not really.

how right you are,but on the same token,it also brought out an even greedier side of everyone.the missions were kinda fun but the baggage was too much.ban photons were more valuable than kerseline for most of the event,for a bunch of useless items.the only useful thing was the gigaline.besides,80% of the parties I got in urgent orders A I got into and had jaos,at least 1 person was kicked.

something that makes people act like that?....now that's my idea of a worthwhile event

Kion
Jul 4, 2007, 04:40 PM
I'd never booted anyone from a mission until firebreak.
Urgent orders was terrible. The environment effects caused enough lag on their own and to make things worse EVERYONE wore a freaking garment aura which caused everything to practically and then complained about the lag and refused to take them off. So i got to where I booted anyone wearing a garment aura on site.

Moatoob was terrible too. That's where everyone leveled terrible PA's. My parties were labeled "S rank runs" and I had so many people come in to level rising strike and mayalee prism scattering the mobs everywhere. My party was getting terrible rankings with them, and even after several requests ot not use annoying PA's they kept using them so I booted them.

And lastly Neudaiz, which I nicknamed "noobdays", because that's where all the noobs were doing MP runs because god forbid anyone should actually finish urgent orders instead of doing jaggo runs. Those missions were short and horribly boring with everyone bitching about drop rates so they save up the most amount of ban photons for their freaking garment auras.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 4, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-07-03 11:13, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

wtf?!