PDA

View Full Version : Alts: Yes or No?

jayster
Jul 3, 2007, 02:54 PM
What is everyones opinions on alternate characters? Would you rather have one godly character or several decent characters.

Emrald
Jul 3, 2007, 02:55 PM
godly character duh

Retehi
Jul 3, 2007, 02:58 PM
I don't play often enough to warrant alt characters. Whatever time I have just goes into my Fortegunner.

Sychosis
Both! 1 Godly character, 1 alt.

pokefiend
option 3: 4 Godly Characters ^________________________^

I seriously don't understand how one person is limited into only these two options 0.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-07-03 12:59 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jul 3, 2007, 02:59 PM
Alts are useful for learning about other races and jobs. But don't slack off on your main... you've gotta level PA's and everything.

jayster
Jul 3, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-07-03 12:58, pokefiend wrote:

I seriously don't understand how one person is limited into only these two options 0.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-07-03 12:59 ]</font>

Well unless you live on this game, you can't possibly have a full palette of S ranks for each alternate. Maxed out PA's. The best armors and units for each and all the other good stuff.

JAFO22000
Jul 3, 2007, 03:10 PM
After feeling slightly stale playing with my level 80, using an alt was a refreshing break! I chose a class (WT) for my alt that differed from my main (FT) for added fun. I would suggest it only to those who are finding the game a bit stale with a high level character.

xxShinobi
Jul 3, 2007, 03:12 PM
Starting off with trying to have four characters is like having four characters on episode three.

Look at it this way. When you start playing PSU, you want to get some sort of reputation...hopefully a positive one. heh. You want to learn about the game from one standpoint of view before you attempt to gain ANOTHER view. Also, cash is very hard to come by in Network Mode when you first start off. What're you gonna do? Split 500 meseta to each character's way? Whoop-dee-fucking-doo! You may as well be wasting all your money back on GameCube alternating the feed of your FOmar's mag between monomates and monofluids.

Plus...isn't it annoying to go up to your friends and be like, "Hey remember me? It's 6476848949977897! That Humanoid that shredded up Parum's A rank mission with you last night?" Then they don't remember you. And then you realize you guys never exchange partner cards so now this guy REALLY thinks you're an idiot.

kthxbye. ^_^;

amtalx
Jul 3, 2007, 03:15 PM
As soon as I hit the cap I created an alt. However, I have since become so accustomed to the the luxuries of high Lvl life that I really don't enjoy the "growing pains" of low Lvl characters. As a result I don't really play my alt much.

VanHalen
Jul 3, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'd say alts. I mean I know you can switch classes often but after awhile you can only do about so many classes that you have to delete your Photon arts.

Ryno
Jul 3, 2007, 03:18 PM
One is all i need..

ALTs = a waste of time

Midicronica
Jul 3, 2007, 03:20 PM
Makings alts was the best decision I've ever made. Playing different classes of the game gives you different perspectives of the game and makes you a better player as a whole. It's also nice to not be gimped by PA space. Going from playing a ranger to hunter class can really be refreshing.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 3, 2007, 03:24 PM
I have a main, but I also have alts in case I feel like playing as something else, although they're all Hunters one way or another. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheLOLBandit
Jul 3, 2007, 03:25 PM
just one for me

MSAksion
Jul 3, 2007, 03:28 PM
Wait where is the third option; I have a lvl 80 waiting for LvL 90 to be released

I mean I play my Main a LOT but my ALT is catching up very quickly. And I'm meeting new and old friends with low level characters that i can bring my ALT Along and raise her.

Besides, I'll be raising all of my Main's TECH to lvl 30 by the time the Expansion hits - so i won't have wasted time. If they were level 30 tech NOW then i wouldn't be gaining PA Exp or whatnot when i could have been raising BULLET Arts on my Guntecher.

Also - and i cannot stress this enough - but 36 pa means you really should just specilize in one style of play per character. One character shouldn't be able to do broadsword, rifle, grenade, TECH, Debuffing, Double saber, Axe and Traps but some people DO! And they're severely limited in their abilities without fully exploring what that job can do.

darthplagis
Jul 3, 2007, 03:31 PM
you get 4 slots for a reason...

i think its sad that the point of the game has switched to get a pallet/inventory full of S ranks..... its a role play game, play the game to have fun... if you find rare weapons then cool if you know how to get a rare spawn and you want it then go do it. but really lighten up!!

oh i have 4 slots full, i only started online @ back end of fire break so my highest lvl is top end of 30's.

as for PA levelling just do a B or A run with low level pallet of selected weapon, i did the 2nd fist and twin dagger PA's to lvl 15 ish in about an hour each.

AweOfShe
Jul 3, 2007, 03:31 PM
On 2007-07-03 12:58, Sychosis wrote:

1 godly character, and 1 GODLY alt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Jul 3, 2007, 03:34 PM
A variety of 4 great but not godly characters who form up to be:

VOLTRO-------- ER.......ok. Maybe not THAT. But they could work together to be godly. I'm a big fan of the, if we work together, we're unstoppable clause. Yeah yeah, I know it sounds soooo Sonic Team, but hey, Sonic Team games make me think that way.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 3, 2007, 03:34 PM
Just make everyone to their fullest of potential. That way, you don't become bored of playing a single type of character and have a chance at working different play style on the battle fields.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 3, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-07-03 12:58, Sychosis wrote:

Siertes
Jul 3, 2007, 03:40 PM
There is only one Siertes with only one personality. I'm going to make him the best that I can and not waste my time on troublesome alts.

LS_Aksion
Jul 3, 2007, 03:44 PM
My main is Landschneckte Aksion [call me Land-o] a Beast WarTecher & ForteFighter
my alt is VR-747-G Temjin working on Protrancer

kinda embarrassing that after 7 months, only 1 character of my account is lvl 80 ;/ its the rush for rares!

and uhh... its kinda hard keeping up with my friends with their insane 24/7 playing style! @.@;;

Aralia
Jul 3, 2007, 03:45 PM
uhh.. Idk what you guys are talking about... I got 3 lvl 80's, each have 2 s ranks a piece.. working on the 3rd for my beast if I could get the morbinia >:O

It's plenty easy to do alt's and have them still be godly...

Where's the multiple godly option? >.<
(plus s rank weapons aren't what they're cracked up to be. just grind your A ranks unless you wanna be pretty... which you can -still- do to be more godly.. have 2-3 +10's of your weaps then a few s ranks to prettify the pallette.)

Para
Jul 3, 2007, 03:50 PM
1 godly character can help your alts get better too lol

Garnet_Moon
Jul 3, 2007, 03:56 PM
Well, I am named after a God. What good are minions when you have a God...

Anyway, Godly right now, maybe put serious time into my alts when AoI comes out. Maybe.

LS_Aksion
Jul 3, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-07-03 13:50, Para wrote:
1 godly character can help your alts get better too lol

heh true there Para http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BTW ever played SNES Ack Raiser 1 & 2? @.@0
freaking awesome for its time

EphekZ
Jul 3, 2007, 04:01 PM
I want an alt but It's too boring leveling up alts. Plus, since I play WT I've yet to find a situation where I didn't excel at.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 3, 2007, 04:02 PM
I use my godly characters on other games to twink my alts. There's nothing really twinkable in PSU, so I don't really see a reason to make them. Though, if they release unique-looking B-grade weapons that are originally A-rank exclusive(axes, G.Launchers, etc), then I might be inclined to level Fallout(CAST M lv4), Alexei(CAST F lv48), or Vestige (Beast F lv12).

At the present time, you can't distinguish yourself from the army of lowvies when you have a high level main. It's boring, and everyone sucks.

Inazuma
Jul 3, 2007, 04:07 PM
the only reason i have an alt char is to help make my main char stronger. i will use his luck for the day if it happens to be higher. and since both my chars are FT, i just use the same gear. eventually, i will prob make a 3rd char, just for the luck.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 3, 2007, 04:08 PM
3 main types of PAs: skills, bullets, and techs.

I made one char for each type. I'm thinking of making a human PT too...

WaveofBabies
Jul 3, 2007, 04:11 PM
my main character is godly anyways, might as well make a couple more

WaveofBabies
Jul 3, 2007, 04:11 PM
my main character is godly anyways, might as well make a couple more

ShineOnline
Jul 3, 2007, 04:15 PM
Multiple alts for getting more days of higher luck. Lookin' forward to playing with nanoblasts instead of SUVs once in a while...

PJ
Jul 3, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-07-03 14:01, EphekZ wrote:
Plus, since I play WT I've yet to find a situation where I didn't excel at.

...XD

I have 4 alts, it slows me down from having a super character, but I'd be bored if I only had one character.

Sekani
Jul 3, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-07-03 13:20, Shadow_Moses wrote:
Makings alts was the best decision I've ever made. Playing different classes of the game gives you different perspectives of the game and makes you a better player as a whole. It's also nice to not be gimped by PA space. Going from playing a ranger to hunter class can really be refreshing.

F-Gattaca
Jul 3, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-07-03 14:11, WaveofBabies wrote:
my main character is godly capped anyways, might as well make a couple more

At least, that's the case with me anyway. That, and certain clothing/weapon/item choices have been made available that makes it possible to play my alts the way I'd prefer to play them.

Also, your user name makes me think of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MOMl1yFnKo). (Yeah, I know it's an H*R reference)

Kion
Jul 3, 2007, 04:32 PM
Alts are good for variety and to experience different styles of game play, but it's best to stick to one character. You don't have to make a force to enjoy the benefits of one. Working together and partying are all part of the game. If your priority was a certain type of character it's mostly likely to stay that way through out the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Niered
Jul 3, 2007, 04:35 PM
I for one, am having a hard enough time leveling all my various bullets for my fortegunner. Even if my actual level cant go up, my PA's certainly can.

pikachief
Jul 3, 2007, 06:06 PM
On 2007-07-03 13:04, jayster wrote:

Well unless you live on this game, you can't possibly have a full palette of S ranks for each alternate. Maxed out PA's. The best armors and units for each and all the other good stuff.

my alt is starting to have much better things than my main and i've played on my alt mabey 1/4th as much as my main!

so i say 4 godly characters!

PALRAPPYS
Jul 3, 2007, 06:09 PM
I love to play with my alt character. WarTecher is a very fun class to play, and Acrotecher seems similar to it, but with better techs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I'm considering taking on some extra roles with my alt to help prepare for AoI, such as going Fortegunner, Fortetecher, and maybe even Fighgunner or Fortefighter? I don't know yet. But once I started playing with my alt it's hard to go back.

Weeaboolits
Jul 3, 2007, 06:24 PM
Having only one char would be boring. ._.

I wish there were more than 4 slots, actually.

MayLee
Jul 3, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-07-03 13:18, Ryno wrote:
One is all i need..

ALTs = a waste of time

....I think my feeling have just been stepped on! Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuhaaaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Persoanly, I think atls are the greatest thing ever! I mean why do people want to blow through every class with just one alt? I know a couple people doing that and it actually will make them quit playing PSU faster. I made one of each race...female. and I have different classes for them. Fortetecher Human, FighGunner Cast, Fortefighter Beast and Undicided Newman. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Haha what a great way to experiment also..AOI ideas...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ThEoRy
Jul 3, 2007, 06:34 PM

because we have jobs, wives, lives....

Kylie
Jul 3, 2007, 06:36 PM
One for me, and I must add that - even though I believe a person should game whatever way is funnest to them -, it kind of bugs me when I make a friend that isn't serious about leveling. Because I am, and it's kind of a waste of time to game with someone that just wants to play on all four of his of her characters and talk.

Mayu
Jul 3, 2007, 06:39 PM
One http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

malice_nyc
Jul 3, 2007, 06:51 PM
I already have one godly character, so the alts are just a nice bonus.

HandOfThornz
Jul 3, 2007, 08:01 PM
My main character, has been a level 80 forever.... waiting on the new cap increase!
So i made use of firebreak and got 3 new alt chars to lvl40 each and around lvl5 on advanced class....
Alt characters are great for getting back into psu..when your main character, is capped, classes out,etc =)

PMB960
Jul 3, 2007, 09:20 PM
Always need alts. You can't do everything with just 1 character. Of course right now its impossible to find a party to level mine.

SarinSerafi
Jul 3, 2007, 09:42 PM
I like the concept of alternate characters (alts). Although my current alts weren't created for that purpose, they just kind of became them. XD When I first started playing PSU, my main was supposed to be my female Newman Fortetecher, but then I created a female Beast Fortefighter and she became my main. The Newman became an alt.

Later, I decided to bring my Caseal from PSO, who I named Seven, onto PSU. I leveled her as a Ranger for fun, but I slowly got into the job and I leveled very quickly. I turned her into a Fortegunner, then wanted to simply use her as a gunner to run Demons Above S with my Fortetecher BF (we were hunting Har/Quick back then). I ended up using her exclusively when Eastern Peril S2 was relaesed and got her from level 60 something to 80 there, and got a Har/Quick in the process. My entire intention for leveling her was to get that unit, nothing more, nothing less.

I never intended to level her so high, but now that I have, I may as well keep her and get better stuff for her. XD So now I have two alts I never intended to create. Regardless, it's nice having different jobs and races to play as. Keeps things fresh, and keeps you more versatile, especially for farming rares.

Astarin
Jul 3, 2007, 11:08 PM
I have one godly character, and three alts. I enjoy them, they let me experiment with other classes, PAs, weapons and play styles. With that said, I still love Astarin the most. That's why he's highest.

Alts let me play with different groups of people. None of my RL friends are as "into" PSU as I am, but they still play. My alts give me characters to use when they're online.

omegapirate2k
Jul 3, 2007, 11:20 PM
I want 3 godly characters, is that selfish of me?

Rashiid
Jul 3, 2007, 11:23 PM
ii dont have an alt.

just 2 characters. i h8 when ppl say 'get on ur alt'

if it were an alt i wouldnt spend more money on it then my other one...

so; in conclusion; i have 2 characters.

DEM_CIG
Jul 3, 2007, 11:24 PM
1 godly.... and one alt. thats all i need

Tigerram
Jul 4, 2007, 12:40 AM
I have a level 65 Fortegunner, but I now have a level 40 Fortetecher, and am having more of a blast with him than my CAST. I'm thinking my CAST might not be my main anymore however, since I just love spell casting in PSU.

MT7218
Jul 4, 2007, 01:05 AM
I say alts. It's WAY too easy to reach the current max level/job level as of now. How many 80/10s has anyone game seen out there? Or have? More than I care to count, myself. And I play on the PS2/PC servers and it's much lower population. I avoid playing my main too much nowadays because of how close she is to the current max. I see absolutly NO point in hitting a cap that is just going to rise agian in a few months. Maybe hitting it near the end, just before the cap raises agian, I could see hitting said cap just a day or two beforehand. So in the meantime, I can avoid getting bored with the same char and not hit a cap too quickly by using alts.

Ryoki
Jul 4, 2007, 01:41 AM
One godly one, one semi good one, and two people to mess around with people in lobbies.

MiaRitz
Jul 4, 2007, 03:34 AM
I dont see why some people insist on thinking that to have many highlevel characters you must play ridiculous numbers of hours a week.
It just means dividing gametime, whatever that might be, between your characters. Yes, that will mean that it will take you that much longer to reach higher levels, but so? Why would you be in a rush to do that?
The reason why I keep swapping between my characters is because after a little while with any playing style, it just gets tedios for me, so I swich playing styles and suddenly the game feels like it has a fresh breeze to it.
I still vote for option C:4 Godly characters. It might take me a long time, seing as I dont even play that often, but I`ll be dammed if I`m gonna let that stop me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jakosifer
Jul 4, 2007, 03:39 AM
I'm already lazy enough when it comes to playing as Jakomay. So alts are definitely out the question for me. The person I share my account with on the other hand has the remaining spots filled and plans on maxing them all. -_-

ashley50
Jul 4, 2007, 04:21 AM
i say, use all 4 slots to make new characters. This way you don't have to delete PAs id teh PA slots get full
a Professional Job on each slot usually works and teh 4th slot for Hybrid classes

Tekershee
Jul 4, 2007, 04:59 AM
I don't think I can stand having more than 2 characters.. but one alt is fine.

Shiryuu
Jul 4, 2007, 06:26 AM
Alts are great. More luck for me.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 4, 2007, 09:28 AM
This isn't really fair D:! I don't have ONE godly character or four characters, lol. I have one level 50 character and one alt that's level 20. I don't even use my Force anymore >_>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-07-04 08:43 ]</font>

Isabella
Jul 4, 2007, 09:30 AM
PLAY HARDER!

Serephim
Jul 4, 2007, 11:02 AM
pokefiend wrote:

I mean thats really is the best choice, isnt it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-07-04 09:02 ]</font>

Tita
Jul 4, 2007, 03:16 PM
min maxing is rad, and it's always good to have at least one min maxed alt or main, but i have way more fun building characters by playing mix n match and problem solving. uncharted territory... making it work out is the real reward!

Clob is my experimental character
HK119 is being min maxed
Bjork.. well.. i gotta have a newman in there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

caveman
Jul 11, 2007, 05:28 AM
4 godly characters is the way i roll boyi

bob/hum/lv100/10ranger
007/cast/89/10ranger
kill me/hum/120/10ranger
my name????/newmam/99/10hunter

DoubleK93
Jul 11, 2007, 10:03 AM
I have to share an account with my bro so we each have a main and an alt character. So really when I get tired of playing my main I can have 1 other guy to play with. Just cuz some people think that alts are a waste of time...everyone has there own opinions. This is what this post is about...What is everyones OPINIONS on alternate characters? Would you rather have one godly character or several decent characters.

creativehope
Jul 11, 2007, 10:35 AM
On 2007-07-03 21:20, omegapirate2k wrote:
I want 3 godly characters, is that selfish of me?

No, that is perfectly acceptable. but 4 godly characters, thats just insane, blasphemous even. J/k.

I enjoy my alts. its like a bag of skittles to me

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 11, 2007, 10:39 AM
I have 4, Mainly use one though.

EspioKaos
Jul 11, 2007, 10:39 AM
One character is all I've got, and really all I think I need. I made a few alts in PSO, but I never really had the desire to play them that often, so they kind of just sat there.

Nobo
Jul 11, 2007, 12:01 PM
I'd rather have Nobo be pimped out than have to lv 70 characters with ok stuff! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Zoamel_Gustav
Jul 11, 2007, 12:28 PM
First slot is Zoamel Gustav, level 80.
Second slot is Zelas Metalium, level 80. A recently leveled alt.
Third slot is for one shot characters, level 1. For 3* luck and events.
Four slot is my brother's, which hasn't been used in months.

Reipard
Jul 11, 2007, 12:32 PM
I like to really specialize my characters, so the ability to have more than one at a time is great.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 11, 2007, 01:20 PM
I have two servants, one gets a lot more attention than the other(for obvious reasons O_O). Since I refuse to lv gimped hunter stats, I have Da ANA do that role, and since bullets take forever, I let Nova do those. It's makes stuff a lot easier on me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lyrix
Jul 11, 2007, 02:35 PM
i have one uber and three losers XD

Dragwind
Jul 11, 2007, 02:43 PM
Main, alt/main, alt to play with low lvl's, and last slot for luck/grind/jokes XD

e_Tard
Jul 11, 2007, 03:26 PM
1 godly fG, 1 good fT and 2 nubcakes in prep for AoI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

4 characters FTW.

Tita
Jul 11, 2007, 03:48 PM
i can't decide on my fourth. female human... whattadoer?
i guess she can be a fighgunner, although i really have no interest in playing either human or fighgunner. might as well.
... just need a character to build a 100 strike PM on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Ryuki-
Jul 11, 2007, 04:41 PM
It gets boring after awhile having just one character. When I first started, I had a friend tell me
that she would rather have 4 characters with specific roles, than 1 character with 394781298 roles.
To be just, it adds more fun in my opinion to play with different characters, being that they'd play
differently depending what you do. For instance, this is my set-up

Main = ForteFighter/HUmar (WarTecher)
Alt 1 = FiGunner (Possible ProTranser)
Alt 2 = ForteGunner (Possible GunTecher or ProTranser)
Alt 3 = ForteTecher (Possible AcroTecher/AcroFighter)

If Alt 1 goes PT, Alt 2 wouldn't go PT. In any case, you can see what I mean from different roles by that set-up.

pRoJeCtFaMe
Jul 11, 2007, 05:12 PM
i only have multiple characters for the luck but im found out how lame lvl 3 luck is soo ehh 3 more characters to have fun with..