PDA

View Full Version : "Bad" gamers ruin people's fun...

XDeviousX
Jul 4, 2007, 04:46 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^Period.

Some say people take this game too "seriously" and get ticked off if they don't get an S rank and while I agree that this or any game shouldn't be taken to the extreme, some people have limited time to play and or have invested a lot of hours playing this game. If you've logged a lot of time in this game and someone messes up because they find it funny, or cute to cheese people off by purposely dying or spamming messages then I am sure you're gonna get ticked off. In a game where your characters ability to improve based on mission rank people are gonna get mad at players not helping improve mission performance.

I'm all for having fun and not being so strict in every mission but if you feel like "goofing around" nothing is stopping you from making a party and labeling it "Just For fun" or "Not Serious", etc. If you know everyone in a party is trying to get mass MP and are focusing on that task intently then it's not cool to put your "need" to just be casual over the wants and needs of the party/team/group/community at hand.

Also, If you are too uptight about another player's choice of race/gender and class/type combo and boot them for that choice based on stat crunching then you suck at life. People should be judged based on how they contribute to the team, not on your bigotry or prejudice. If it was so bad of an option that no one should do it then sega wouldn't have allowed people the choice to do so. Some stats make up for others and because a cast force isn't "King Sh*t" at using techs doesn't mean the extra defense and hp isn't helpful to that class. (As well as the extra att and atp to bows...) Just because you can't make a race/class combo work doesn't mean another player can't make it excel...

Last but not least, to anyone that doesn't believe in scape dolls, just make your own party with a title "I don't carry scape dolls" or "No Scapes" or whatever fits in the title/game definition. That way people can play at their own risk without being surprised/ticked off when you die and go back to town or ask to be resurrected.

I have no problem with people playing how they want, but not when it messes with other people playing how they want! Everyone here has the ability to be a party leader and make groups with rules they want applied. If you complain that people booted you or how people play the game, either make your own party, find people that agree with you and party with them, or just be a team player when you join a team with a set goal...

Its called courtesy and responsible game-play people. Its not rocket science...

Shaidar
Jul 4, 2007, 04:48 PM
Hah, the new Neudaiz mission has caused alot of pain, sorrow and hate for sure. It's semi fun to sit at the Guardian Branch and listen to people arguing. Oh wait..it's not really fun. More like sad. And fun. Yeah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-07-04 14:49 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jul 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
All I have to say is LOL at your comment about a Cast fT's HP and DFP being useful. As a Newman fT, I rarely; if ever, get hit. That's not a issue. Your nukes and race/class choice still suck, so go cut yourself with your buddies before you try to argue that point again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-04 14:50 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jul 4, 2007, 04:50 PM
At first i was like HEL YEH.

and then i was like wow.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 4, 2007, 04:51 PM
Oh, and their ATP isn't so much in difference to make up for their using Bows and/or Cards more often than a Newman either. The difference in damage leaves much to be desired.

XDeviousX
Jul 4, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-07-04 14:49, Garnet_Moon wrote:
All I have to say is LOL at your comment about a Cast fT's HP and DFP being useful. As a Newman fT, I rarely; if ever, get hit. That's not a issue. Your nukes still suck, so go cut yourself with your buddies before you try to argue that point again.

Did you also notice the added att and atp for bows...

Also, buffs and debuffs rely on the techs lvl and not tp....

If you can't find the difference in a cast ft and a newman ft useful then you suck at this game.

If you need max stat characters to be effective or useful then you are a novice gamer and not meant to be an advanced player, period.

You are who this post was meant for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kion
Jul 4, 2007, 04:53 PM
As you said, everyone plays the game how they want to. That's how they want to so you should respect their play style even if they don't respect yours. No one deserves to play the game more than another (except for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), so if you can;t work together in a party then just find another group. Personally I like all of the play styles that show up in the game.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 4, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-07-04 14:52, XDeviousX wrote:

On 2007-07-04 14:49, Garnet_Moon wrote:
All I have to say is LOL at your comment about a Cast fT's HP and DFP being useful. As a Newman fT, I rarely; if ever, get hit. That's not a issue. Your nukes still suck, so go cut yourself with your buddies before you try to argue that point again.

Did you also notice the added att and atp for bows...

Also, buffs and debuffs rely on the techs lvl and not tp....

If you can't find the difference in a cast ft and a newman ft useful then you suck at this game.

If you need max stat characters to be effective or useful then you are a novice gamer and not meant to be an advanced player, period.

You are who this post was meant for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Yeah, their ATP isn't tha much higher than a Newmans...

XDeviousX
Jul 4, 2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I totally missed the point...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-07-04 14:56 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jul 4, 2007, 04:54 PM
Well to resolve some things:

Newmans>Humans>Casts>beasts in teching

Thats how it is.

If people want to be on the lower end of the branch then they do.

XDeviousX
Jul 4, 2007, 04:59 PM
Their are other stats besides the ones that "Max Out" a class. If you can't find a use of a race/class combo, fine, but that doesn't mean people doing it are wrong or "gimped'.

I know people that are newman Foretechers and they suck at life. If you can make a cast fortecher effective, you are a good player, period. either way, whether you would do it or not doesn't mean others can't, doesn't mean its wrong, and isn't the main point of the post....

Garnet_Moon
Jul 4, 2007, 05:02 PM
CAST F lv80 fT10 // Newman F lv80 fT10

HP 1354 // 1160
ATP 358 // 301
ATA 177 // 169
TP 673// 1287 (lol)
DFP 87 // 73
EVP 408 // 587
MST 245 // 653 (lol)
STA 12 // 12

Yeah, that whole 50 ATP more will make you super useful. lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-04 15:03 ]</font>

Morganna
Jul 4, 2007, 05:04 PM
Your point would be perfect if you put a disclaimer in there that intemperate behavior in response to the bad gameplay of the players is unacceptable. After all, two wrongs don't make a right.

On a personal note, my new character, Meryl Bradford, is a human and I'm intending to make her a Fortefighter.

Para
Jul 4, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-07-04 15:02, Garnet_Moon wrote:

HP 1354 // 1160
ATP 358 // 301
ATA 177 // 169
TP 673// 1287 (lol)
DFP 87 // 73
EVP 408 // 587
MST 245 // 653 (lol)
STA 12 // 12

So will the extra 8 ATA lol
But if you want to play gimped its ur choice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-07-04 15:05 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jul 4, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-07-04 15:05, Para wrote:

HP 1354 // 1160
ATP 358 // 301
ATA 177 // 169
TP 673// 1287 (lol)
DFP 87 // 73
EVP 408 // 587
MST 245 // 653 (lol)
STA 12 // 12

But if you want to play gimped its ur choice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shit, they have 14 more defense too! Why am I newman? I can take hits from De Ragnus S2 and NOT die in one hit as a CAST! Time to re-roll as a Cast fT!!

Para
Jul 4, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-07-04 15:06, Garnet_Moon wrote:

HP 1354 // 1160
ATP 358 // 301
ATA 177 // 169
TP 673// 1287 (lol)
DFP 87 // 73
EVP 408 // 587
MST 245 // 653 (lol)
STA 12 // 12

Shit, they have 14 more defense too! Why am I newman? I can take hits from De Ragnus S2 and NOT die in one hit as a CAST! Time to re-roll as a Cast fT!!

But 8 is considered to be a lucky number in chinese culture XD

Almighty_Envy
Jul 4, 2007, 05:09 PM
Whatever u guyz.

Everyone knowz that beast FT is where its at http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niloklives
Jul 4, 2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah but...I mean granted a cast can be an effective techer...but a newman can be a MORE effective techer. if the cast's high stats aren't much better than a newman's that basically means just about anything a cast techer can do, a newman techer can do (almost) as well if not far better. I mean you can't really dispute that. Now I'm not saing that cast techers are bad. but facts are facts. if you want to play a cast FT, you're basically playing support and bows. now the support a FT is better for, but for the BOWs a GT is much better for that. by the time we see AoI, a lot of the Cast FTs will ikely go to GT or AT fr either better support than before or the same level of support with better ranged. Which means that that a cast FT is only a FT cause they're the only class with lvl 30 support.

Anyway my point was just that of course any class/race combo can be effective. but certain ones are far more effective than others.

XDeviousX
Jul 4, 2007, 05:15 PM

HP 1354 // 1160
ATP 358 // 301
ATA 177 // 169
TP 673// 1287 (lol)
DFP 87 // 73
EVP 408 // 587
MST 245 // 653 (lol)
STA 12 // 12

The point isn't whether they are better Fortetechers, or even if I would do this, but it is pointless to insult another player's character choice. Max Stats are good, but not necessary. If you have to have max stats to succeed in this game then you aren't very good... This game is easier then a two dollar hooker on coupon night.

So a newman Fortetecher has better stats, a cast fortetecher isn't horrible at support except resta, and thats how it should be. this is also not the point of the post, people acting like someone making a cast fortetecher is wrong is part of the point... I would make a cast fortetecher for the challenge of playing a tough race/class combo. Advanced gamers don't stat watch, they make combos to suit their style of gameplay, and if you cannot make the combo work personally, then you have limited game experience/skill.

DurakkenX
Jul 4, 2007, 05:22 PM
first off...to all the people replying...stop being assholes

secondly...to the OP... your post should be trimmed...like half of it is just a flame more than the supporting and correct argument.

I don't mind people who just chill or talk or don't carry scape dolls. What I mind is people not carrying moon atomizers, those who get pissed at various things, those who spam inane crap the entire time, and those who are a detriment to a party. By detriment I mean you are slowing the party down, continuously dieing, continuously doing stupid things, refusing to do certain things...I get annoyed at people that are unskilled or dumb, but i'm not going to kick them...but if they are a detriment, ie causing slow down or problems, they will be spoken with and if they do not get their shyt together they will be booted... I also boot if a party is full and a person is AFK for no apparent reason for a length of time...I'd rather get someone who is playing the game in there than someone just taking up space.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 4, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-07-04 15:22, DurakkenX wrote:

I wasnt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I was adding my input that whatever stat a race lacks as a FT it makes up for in other areas.

Read between the lines ;]

XDeviousX
Jul 4, 2007, 05:28 PM

secondly...to the OP... your post should be trimmed...like half of it is just a flame more than the supporting and correct argument.

I don't mind people who just chill or talk or don't carry scape dolls. What I mind is people not carrying moon atomizers, those who get pissed at various things, those who spam inane crap the entire time, and those who are a detriment to a party. By detriment I mean you are slowing the party down, continuously dieing, continuously doing stupid things, refusing to do certain things...I get annoyed at people that are unskilled or dumb, but i'm not going to kick them...but if they are a detriment, ie causing slow down or problems, they will be spoken with and if they do not get their shyt together they will be booted... I also boot if a party is full and a person is AFK for no apparent reason for a length of time...I'd rather get someone who is playing the game in there than someone just taking up space.

I appreciate an intellegent reply to this post...

I was flaming a bit because people Stat watch too much, and I was hoping people would expand on gamers that limit fun or cause them grief so I left room for firther additions from other posters, as you've done above.

DurakkenX
Jul 4, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-07-04 15:24, Almighty_Envy wrote:

I was adding my input that whatever stat a race lacks as a FT it makes up for in other areas.

i was aiming more towards just about everyone else with a strong lean on garnet... you must have a guilty conscience.

Niloklives
Jul 4, 2007, 05:34 PM
When was I being anything more than cordial? I only said why people tend to lead towards certain class/race combos. I was going to make a cast FT a while back til I realized I would be much happier with a PT than a FT. not because of stats but because I enjoy playing that class more.

KidoKresh
Jul 4, 2007, 05:36 PM
The only time I find dying funny is when im playing with my friends and we happen to do at the same time or we make a joke of it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif but when ppl just run into a mission when everyone is going for S and just dies by megid really is not fair... come on no one really like spamming.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 4, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-07-04 15:32, DurakkenX wrote:

On 2007-07-04 15:24, Almighty_Envy wrote:

i was aiming more towards just about everyone else with a strong lean on garnet... you must have a guilty conscience.

Mabey >_>

XDeviousX
Jul 4, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-07-04 15:36, KidoKresh wrote:
The only time I find dying funny is when im playing with my friends and we happen to do at the same time or we make a joke of it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif but when ppl just run into a mission when everyone is going for S and just dies by megid really is not fair... come on no one really like spamming.

????

The point is there is no reason to do these thing and ruin other people's games when you can make your own group and live and play by your own rules.

Its not complaining that these things happen, or even that people do them, its that they do them when nobody in the group wants them to and it ruins the overall experience of the other players...

KidoKresh
Jul 4, 2007, 05:51 PM
what I'm saying like when my friends would help me look for weapons we would sometimes die at the same time and find it funny... but dying in a party with ppl that are trying to go for an S is when i try to stray from dying...

Almighty_Envy
Jul 4, 2007, 05:55 PM
On 2007-07-04 15:51, KidoKresh wrote:
what I'm saying like when my friends would help me look for weapons we would sometimes die at the same time and find it funny... but dying in a party with ppl that are trying to go for an S is when i try to stray from dying...

High five!

Dying when your messing around is perfectly fine.

Running into a party and dying on purpose = http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Niloklives
Jul 4, 2007, 05:57 PM
I've experienced those assholes

KidoKresh
Jul 4, 2007, 05:58 PM
(^.^)/

natewifi
Jul 4, 2007, 06:00 PM
Garnet = catty bitch. Enough argueing over someone's opinion, your not getting anywhere.

XDeviousX
Jul 4, 2007, 06:01 PM
On 2007-07-04 16:00, natewifi wrote:
I posted this way too late... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

J/K

XDeviousX
Jul 4, 2007, 06:13 PM
NVM...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-07-04 16:14 ]</font>

Morganna
Jul 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-07-04 16:00, natewifi wrote:
Garnet = catty bitch. Enough argueing over someone's opinion, your not getting anywhere.

That is ungentlemanly. Don't speak about women that way, regardless of how they act. You can disagree without being uncivil.

In any case, I think Garnet is a guy. That redhead in his avatar is actually male...>_<

Tita
Jul 4, 2007, 07:25 PM
people who run in and die on purpose and lol:

lol along with them. keep lolling and get really close, and congradulate him on what a great laugh he/she has caused while blacklisting him.

continue lolling.