PDA

View Full Version : Is this Saguraki C.D.? (PSU: AotI)

EspioKaos
Jul 4, 2007, 10:49 PM
I happened across this screen (http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/EspioKaos/?action=view&current=saguraki.jpg) at Amazon.co.jp (http://www.amazon.co.jp/PC%E7%89%88-PHANTASY-STAR-UNIVERSE-%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9F%E3%83%8A%E3%82%B9%E3%8 1%AE%E9%87%8E%E6%9C%9B/dp/B000SXY8IE/ref=sr_1_4/250-5573390-3005856?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1183606445&sr=8-4) earlier today. It seems to be a completely new shot, as I don't recall seeing it anywhere else before.

Anyway, I want to point out a few things on this one. First, I think the area shown here might be one of the new fields in the expansion, Saguraki Conservation District. Noting the sakura trees all over the place, I think it's relatively safe to assume this area is on Neudaiz. (But, Go Boomas on my Neudaiz? Apparently it's more likely than you think.) Where did I pull the name Saguraki from? The Ambition of the Illuminus beta, of course. While exploring the Pavilion of Air lobby, I came across a mission counter that pointed you toward an area east of Ohtoku City called Saguraki C.D. It's quite possible this might not be that area, but I just have a feeling that it is.

Second, check out the clothes the character (Sonic) is wearing here. Frilly vest thing, checkered pants, red boots. Looks new to me! (Looks odd, too.)

OK, discuss!

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 4, 2007, 10:57 PM
Hmmm seems right, and those cloths just look weird...

Alisha
Jul 5, 2007, 12:19 AM
lol 48 views and one responce

Niered
Jul 5, 2007, 12:20 AM
Huh, havent seen that one before...but...those clothes...why are they so amazingly flamboyantly frooty?! I thought some of the ones we had right now were bad, but those are just ASKING for a...well, never mind.

Retehi
Jul 5, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-07-04 22:20, Niered wrote:
Huh, havent seen that one before...but...those clothes...why are they so amazingly flamboyantly frooty?! I thought some of the ones we had right now were bad, but those are just ASKING for a...well, never mind.

They're from Neudaiz, what do you expect?

Niered
Jul 5, 2007, 12:32 AM
On 2007-07-04 22:28, Retehi wrote:

On 2007-07-04 22:20, Niered wrote:

They're from Neudaiz, what do you expect?

Touche good sir. Touche.

Actually, SOME of the neudaiz clothes are ok, but yes, for the most part they are amazingly effeminate.

And you cant say much better about their A rank guns in AoI, I mean really, when did asian dynasty setting become synonymous with fudge packin'?

Soukosa
Jul 5, 2007, 01:39 AM
I came across two other new possible areas in the beta that didn't have anything yet, through the AMF building and the counter at the other end of the beach lobby. There's of course at least two other dead end counters from the first lobby in both the new Neudaiz and Moatoob areas. So yeah, what was in the beta was just a fraction of what they have been planning.

VanHalen
Jul 5, 2007, 01:43 AM
Looks like a cool new area. Its like a all round cherry blossom lobby. Erm, did they come out with a male bunbun outfit?

redcell
Jul 5, 2007, 01:44 AM
I.. I want those clothes.

Sychosis
Jul 5, 2007, 01:56 AM
Boomas becoming normal enemies? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-07-04 23:56 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Jul 5, 2007, 01:57 AM
Boomas!

kevington
Jul 5, 2007, 02:22 AM
I demand checker print pants.

A2K
Jul 5, 2007, 02:54 AM
On 2007-07-04 23:43, VanHalen wrote:
Looks like a cool new area. Its like a all round cherry blossom lobby. Erm, did they come out with a male bunbun outfit?

Perhaps in the expansion we can wear clothes of the opposite gender. (In which case, hilarity ensues... probably a pipe dream, though)

Nai_Calus
Jul 5, 2007, 07:27 AM
And here all this time I thought FOnewms were the height of fruitiness, followed closely by FOmars.

Apparently, I was wrong.

(Heh, it does kind of look like a male Bun Bun shirt. Looks more Moatoob to me than Neudaiz, it doesn't seem to be nearly wapanese enough. Er, I guess since the game is made by Japanese people it's not really wapanese, but you know what I mean. >_> )

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 5, 2007, 10:51 AM
I don't think so...allow me to redirect your attention to Unguis Lapis.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/ep3t/battlegrids/scenes/unguislapis.jpg

While there may not be cherrys there, it's possible they simply weren't in bloom at the time of the events of Episode III. The ground and the rocks however are almost a perfect match and it's the only sensible place where cannonically it could have taken place as we know right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-07-05 08:53 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jul 6, 2007, 12:41 AM
(The link contained in the following text displays possible spoilers for Ambition of the Illuminus. Don't click it if you don't want to risk spoiling anything.)

Well, guess it's confirmed (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/EspioKaos/new_fields.jpg): cherry blossom place is Saguraki.

GoDz
Jul 6, 2007, 01:01 AM
LooKs like forest creatures on neudaiz...

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 6, 2007, 01:02 AM
So the question then becomes...how?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 6, 2007, 01:13 AM
On 2007-07-05 23:02, Jonathan_F wrote:

CE + GG bypasses, duh.

Emrald
Jul 6, 2007, 02:30 PM
On 2007-07-05 00:54, A2K wrote:

On 2007-07-04 23:43, VanHalen wrote:

Perhaps in the expansion we can wear clothes of the opposite gender. (In which case, hilarity ensues... probably a pipe dream, though)

Do want!

EspioKaos
Jul 6, 2007, 02:52 PM

I'm curious about this, too.

A random thought came to me last night. If we actually do end up traveling to an alternate dimension to find ourselves on Ragol, how could it have happened? What about the Gates of Denikaya? We (who played story mode, at least) should know that the Gates can only be opened during the Unification Point, when all three planets are perfectly aligned. (Happens only once every 1,000 years, I think.) Anyway, when the Gates are opened, the result is something along the lines of a giant nanotransformer. Space is distorted in a way that opens a pocket to another dimension. What if that other dimension that we transported so many of the SEED to during the Unification Point was the same galaxy that Ragol is in? Left field, I know, but stick with me. Considering this, perhaps a scientist (or group of them) found a way to concentrate the effect of the Gates. If that could be done, a smaller "door" to this alternate dimension could be opened, giving access to whatever is on that side. In this case, Ragol. Maybe the discovery of this planet leads the scientists to take specimen from the surface and bring them back to their labs for study. Usual stuff happens, they escape and boom: Go Boomas in Saguraki. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I don't know. Just some random thinking.

Allison_W
Jul 6, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-07-06 12:52, EspioKaos wrote:

I'm curious about this, too.

A random thought came to me last night. If we actually do end up traveling to an alternate dimension to find ourselves on Ragol, how could it have happened? What about the Gates of Denikaya? We (who played story mode, at least) should know that the Gates can only be opened during the Unification Point, when all three planets are perfectly aligned. (Happens only once every 1,000 years, I think.) Anyway, when the Gates are opened, the result is something along the lines of a giant nanotransformer. Space is distorted in a way that opens a pocket to another dimension. What if that other dimension that we transported so many of the SEED to during the Unification Point was the same galaxy that Ragol is in? Left field, I know, but stick with me. Considering this, perhaps a scientist (or group of them) found a way to concentrate the effect of the Gates. If that could be done, a smaller "door" to this alternate dimension could be opened, giving access to whatever is on that side. In this case, Ragol. Maybe the discovery of this planet leads the scientists to take specimen from the surface and bring them back to their labs for study. Usual stuff happens, they escape and boom: Go Boomas in Saguraki. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I don't know. Just some random thinking.

The basic explanation for the presence of Ragol in PSU makes perfect sense in the context of the story. The explanation for Go Boomas in Saguraki CD is, well, as sensible as any other explanation, I suppose.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 7, 2007, 12:05 AM
I think I'll stick with my "You can see the same red nebula from both locations meaning you can triangulate where they both are" theory although I guess I'll agree on the scientist curiosity thing. All we need now is Alis Landale to send an SOS from Copto and everything will be complete.

Hrith
Jul 7, 2007, 06:32 AM
On 2007-07-06 13:27, Allison_W wrote:
The explanation for Go Boomas in Saguraki CD is, well, as sensible as any other explanation, I suppose.They were probably brought there by 'bad guys' ;o Like in most online story missions ,where you can see SEED forms on Shikon Islands, Neudaiz fauna in Kugu Desert, thunder-element Badira/Koltova/Shagreece in a rogues' train, etc.

BAD GUYS!

WBMike
Jul 7, 2007, 07:39 PM
I love the theories but shame on us, we know sonicteam will simplify the whole process and this extra dimension just appears for some unexplainable photon reason that will be explained in the 5th expansion pack when it doesn't matter anymore. Yes Bad GUYS did it!

Soukosa
Jul 8, 2007, 05:15 AM
They put in Grass Assassins on a map and no one cares. They put Go Boomas on a map and everyone freaks out trying to stick PSO and Ragol in the story line. I hope they don't try to stick Ragol into this game >.>

EspioKaos
Jul 8, 2007, 08:51 AM
On 2007-07-08 03:15, Sounomi wrote:
They put in Grass Assassins on a map and no one cares. They put Go Boomas on a map and everyone freaks out trying to stick PSO and Ragol in the story line. I hope they don't try to stick Ragol into this game >.>

I wouldn't call it freaking out; I'm just trying to justify their appearance with a little speculation. But, you do have a good point about the Grass Assassins. I forgot about those being in Rozenom. I guess they could fall into the same category as Rappies -- they've been around a lot longer than Boomas, and aren't enemies that are exclusive to PSO. I'm just making a special case there, though. No big deal; we'll know for sure what's going on in a few months, anyway.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 8, 2007, 08:55 AM
I don't necessarily mind the forest area in PSU: AOI; actually, I like that. But sticking too much PSO in my PSU?

No.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 8, 2007, 08:57 AM

I'm personally neutral to the idea of Ragol and PSO in PSU, I mean, I don't really care, I just wanna kill stuff.

Parn
Jul 8, 2007, 09:34 AM
That's really the best position to take. There really is no point to cheering for more PSO stages or demanding there be less, since we have no control over the end product.

Complex_Jao
Jul 19, 2007, 07:37 AM
well i think just because we don't know now doz not mean we wont know in like a month,but it is good for getting the game known

Sinue_v2
Jul 19, 2007, 07:48 AM
There's also the possibility that it's just a promotional pic.

http://www.camineet.net/camineet/psoimages/pso-18.jpg

Alisha
Jul 19, 2007, 08:29 AM

the grass assassins were redrawn/reimagined though if the boomas were redrawn i doubt we would be having this conversation.

Emrald
Jul 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
WTF? I saw that picture on internets! I laughed! Grass-assaassions on forest? Rawr

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2007, 10:29 AM
On 2007-07-19 05:48, Sinue_v2 wrote:
There's also the possibility that it's just a promotional pic.

http://www.camineet.net/camineet/psoimages/pso-18.jpg

Good point. It's just like how early promo shots of PSU show Gohmons in Linear Line and De Ragnus in Raffon Meadow. Goboomas in Saguraki could be the same thing. Even though we're pretty close to the expansion's release, things could change.