PDA

View Full Version : AoI rumor control/confirmation

Saigan
Jul 5, 2007, 08:38 PM
I've heard two sizeable rumors through word of mouth and wanted to know if anyone had sources supporting/debunking them.

The first rumor: PC/PS2 servers will go worldwide with AoI to improve the population.

The second rumor: Meseta will be deleted upon moving to AoI in an attempt to reset the economy.

Note these are "rumors"; "sizeable" ones. I'm only asking for sources on the matter. Not flames. Thanks for any useful information. Please provide links to official sources if you have them.

pikachief
Jul 5, 2007, 08:39 PM
there has been nothing on any of those rumors at all. it jsut sounds like some PC/PS2 peoples dreams :/

Umberger
Jul 5, 2007, 08:42 PM
No.

No.

BanF
Jul 5, 2007, 08:45 PM
If they didn't fix the meseta back when they did all banning and such, I see no reason to do it now; character resets are usually a no no when you're dealing with paying customers, they tend to get upset and leave (something the PC/PS2 community doesn't need).

As for the servers, there must have been reasons they were split at the start; if those reasons are still present (and how would we know either way?) I expect the split will remain. About the only thing that could force a "merger" of the servers would be if the worldwide playerbase is so small all those extra unused servers' costs were really killing SEGA, and thus it would be best to pool everyone in the same few ones and shut the others. No idea how well-off SEGA is financially, so I'm not even going to take a guess.

Kion
Jul 5, 2007, 09:02 PM
Haven't heard anything about either of those, but I hope they're true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-05 19:02 ]</font>

February
Jul 5, 2007, 09:07 PM
There was apparently an interview in a magazine or something saying that they would reset meseta.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2007, 09:12 PM
On 2007-07-05 19:07, February wrote:
There was apparently an interview in a magazine or something saying that they would reset meseta.

Link/Snapshot or it didn't happen.

And before anyone says it first, lolrumors.

February
Jul 5, 2007, 09:13 PM
I'd like to see it to, I've had other PSOW members tell me about it in game actually.

Rashiid
Jul 5, 2007, 09:14 PM
holy hell; if it does; guarentee 3/4s of the 360 will quit.

February
Jul 5, 2007, 09:15 PM
If they seriously do reset meseta I've considered quitting.

BanF
Jul 5, 2007, 09:15 PM
Why would the 360 people be affected at all? The meseta issues were over on the PC/PS2.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 5, 2007, 09:21 PM
Nope to both of those.

Kent
Jul 5, 2007, 09:28 PM
It'd be awesome if they completely reset the PC/PS2 servers.

Not going to happen, though.

Lamak
Jul 5, 2007, 09:31 PM
If they merged the servers the 360 players would think that the PC/PS2 population would hack them. /fail

McLaughlin
Jul 5, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-07-05 19:15, BanF wrote:
Why would the 360 people be affected at all? The meseta issues were over on the PC/PS2.

Rashiid is under the assumption that "worldwide" meant that All platforms would play together. What it actually meant was that NA/EU PS2/PC servers would be merged with JP PS2/PC servers; something that's less likely to happen than a PS2/PC - 360 merger.

Both of those rumors are, as of now, a load of crock.

GunnerGoddess
Jul 5, 2007, 09:40 PM
On 2007-07-05 19:36, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Rashiid is under the assumption that "worldwide" meant that All platforms would play together. What it actually meant was that NA/EU PS2/PC servers would be merged with JP PS2/PC servers; something that's less likely to happen than a PS2/PC - 360 merger.

if they did merge the NA/EU PS2/PC and JP PS2/PC servers it would certainly boost the population but chances are it wouldn't mix well without some form of translation system or a lot of people knowing japanese and english

February
Jul 5, 2007, 09:45 PM
It wouldn't bee too much different from the 360 servers that way though

Rashiid
Jul 5, 2007, 09:48 PM

Rashiid is under the assumption that "worldwide" meant that All platforms would play together.

actually i just didnt read all the post >.>

Lamak
Jul 5, 2007, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't mind if money in PSU Vanilla and AOI are different. Then they could combine all the servers worldwide. And put in some kind of auto translate feature, but we all know they won't do that.

BanF
Jul 5, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-07-05 19:40, GunnerGoddess wrote:

if they did merge the NA/EU PS2/PC and JP PS2/PC servers it would certainly boost the population but chances are it wouldn't mix well without some form of translation system or a lot of people knowing japanese and english

Which is exactly how it is on the 360. The japanese players are usually only on Uni 16, with little interaction between their community and the larger english-speaking one.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 5, 2007, 09:56 PM
I think it'll be awesome if the PS2/PC servers went international. I'd love to play with some of the Japanese players, but I think I may wanna learn how to type in Japanese before I do so.

McLaughlin
Jul 5, 2007, 09:57 PM
On 2007-07-05 19:45, February wrote:

If by "too much different" you mean that the few JP players we do have, for the most part, huddle together on Universe 16. It'd be the same thing if they merged all the PS2/PC players.

February
Jul 5, 2007, 10:00 PM
Actually, that's exactly what I meant.

Mayu
Jul 5, 2007, 10:36 PM
1: No

2: No

PJ
Jul 5, 2007, 10:50 PM
On 2007-07-05 19:28, Kent wrote:

Going to back this up with something smart, genius?

Cause, you know, with our, "Broken economy," we certainly don't work for anything at all. Resetting makes PERFECT sense.

Yeah. Right.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 5, 2007, 11:12 PM
I doubt both of these, but...

I don't think I would mind too much if we merged internationally across all platforms. 360 and NA/EU/JP PC/PS2 combined would be kinda nice I guess.

Niloklives
Jul 5, 2007, 11:35 PM
thing is some of the money we got on PS2/PC we actually earned. and there are people who have been playing without having a shop to stay haxeta free. wiping everyone would result in a large number of the current players quitting. what would remain would be the people just joining as the expansion came out. this would likely kill PSU for that platform.

WolfBlade
Jul 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
men if da maseta one is true i spent it all.lolz

MayLee
Jul 5, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-07-05 19:57, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-07-05 19:45, February wrote:

If by "too much different" you mean that the few JP players we do have, for the most part, huddle together on Universe 16. It'd be the same thing if they merged all the PS2/PC players.

Some go to Universe 1 and 2. I've met a couple. I guess it's because some speak good english.

Miyoko
Jul 5, 2007, 11:44 PM
It'd be neat if they merged all the player shop servers, but nothing else...

Ryoki
Jul 5, 2007, 11:45 PM
Our money won't be reset. Remember, every time you buy a scape, a grinder board, a pp cube charge, that meseta gets DESTROYED. Forever.

As in: Gone.

We are losing meseta as we speak.

Kent
Jul 5, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-07-05 20:50, PJ wrote:

On 2007-07-05 19:28, Kent wrote:

Going to back this up with something smart, genius?

Cause, you know, with our, "Broken economy," we certainly don't work for anything at all. Resetting makes PERFECT sense.

Yeah. Right.

...Eh? Don't wet yourself - you're getting a little too excited here. Besides, the "it'd be awesome" part was more satirical...

Thing is, people don't like having things they want taken away from them - and in this case, "people" is customers.

If the customers aren't happy, you lose money. Real money, that is.

Being that the population is so sparse in the first place, would you really want to take the risk associated with wiping out everyone's money, be it earned or otherwise?

Sure, you take out all of the meseta in the already-fubar'd economy. That being, you've taken out all of the ill-gotten money from the game... But on the other hand, you also remove any money that players may have honestly worked for. Being that they're already in quite a pickle, does it make sense to beat the PC/PS2 population with the clobber stick one last time?

Realistically speaking, the players with lots of legitimate money are the ones that would want to stay. Take away all they've earned, and they're most likely going to quit... Meaning, the population cuts off sharply, leading to the death of the server.

In other words, they can maintain it as it is, and try to work with that... Or they can reset everyone, piss off a lot of players, and risk losing the majority of the population.

Zorafim
Jul 5, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-07-05 21:45, Ryoki wrote:
Our money won't be reset. Remember, every time you buy a scape, a grinder board, a pp cube charge, that meseta gets DESTROYED. Forever.

As in: Gone.

We are losing meseta as we speak.

Don't forget that we're also gaining money as well. Mission rewards, dropped meseta, selling to NPC, etc. There's probably a balance, but where it lies I cannot say.

Saigan
Jul 6, 2007, 01:50 AM
Well the economy has drastically improved in the past months, probably due to the expense of scape dolls and megid catch. I'd like to see the country servers merged because... well, no real reason. Just because >.<

But yeah with the meseta, best to just let it continue to work itself out- not like you can't hunt the items you want anyways.

Zorafim
Jul 6, 2007, 01:55 AM
I'd rather have the option of doing the mission for money, and buying the S rank that I want...

On 2007-07-05 21:44, Miyoko wrote:
It'd be neat if they merged all the player shop servers, but nothing else...

This is a nice concept, but due to how different the economies are, it'd cause alot of problems.
If the player shops are linked, and the search is kept as is, then PSUjp would have to search through a few PSUna shops to find what they want (I don't think they want to spend a million meseta on a monomate).
If there was a search, then all of PSUna's haxeta would flow into PSUjp's economy, causing damage to them.

Both circumstances only harm PSUjp, and may even help us. Both of which Sega cannot allow.