PDA

View Full Version : New Beast Forms??

Gojiro316
Jul 5, 2007, 08:44 PM
Just figured I would bring this up for all the beasts out there. With the inclusion of the new SUVS the casts got in the last update and the others soon to come.(The sword one)...

Does anyone think there will be stronger versions of the current beast forms later on? I've witnessed quite a few powerful beasts with high % weapons that have no need to even nanoblast, since they actually do less damage in that state. Kind of a waste for such a cool feature.

Hopefully we'd get to see that before AoI...Even if they looked the same and just had a higher damage output..Like the new Attacker SUV's..Just a thought..

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2007, 08:46 PM
How in the fuck can you get a buffed version of Adaka Val and have the balls to call it balanced. Adaka is already broken as hell.

pikachief
Jul 5, 2007, 08:46 PM
dont your beasts get sronger and stronger as u lvl? i dont think u need stronger beasts! my female beasts still does like 3 times more damage than any of my casts SUVs!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-07-05 18:46, pikachief wrote:
dont your beasts get sronger and stronger as u lvl? i dont think u need stronger beasts! my female beasts still does like 3 times more damage than any of my casts SUVs!

Yes, their blast badges grow proportionately with their stats. In the case of Adaka Val, it's exponentially.

Rashiid
Jul 5, 2007, 08:49 PM
I WANT T3H BEASTZ BADGE THAT HAZ KILLER POUND!! EVERY ATTACK IS A 1 HIT T3H KILLZ!!!1ONE!!!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2007, 08:53 PM
I want a blast badge so I can yiff in public.

Shishi-O
Jul 5, 2007, 09:02 PM
how about a beast form where you can still use weps?

like a 15 sec, stat boost.

every hit staggers

take less damage but uses hit points to feed the blast, so it can be done at will.

if done consecutively the more hit points it takes from the user, but the more critical the hits

Rizen
Jul 5, 2007, 09:04 PM
That form would be kinda broken imo....That would pretty much mean you can stay that form all the time with a Force with you.

Weeaboolits
Jul 5, 2007, 09:08 PM
How about onew that increases movement speed rather than offering a stat bonus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pikachief
Jul 5, 2007, 09:10 PM
On 2007-07-05 19:08, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
How about onew that increases movement speed rather than offering a stat bonus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

u mean the speed beast?

yea the yellow one makes u attack almost twice as fast...

Rashiid
Jul 5, 2007, 09:11 PM
How about one that increases movement speed rather than offering a stat bonus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

they all do that >.>

Syl
Jul 5, 2007, 09:12 PM

That wouldnt be so bad, but yeah, we dont need any more stat boosts for beast forms tyvm <_<

Weeaboolits
Jul 5, 2007, 09:12 PM
Does it? It looked the same to me, 'course I think they're all slow as hell. ._.

GunnerGoddess
Jul 5, 2007, 09:27 PM
On 2007-07-05 18:53, Garnet_Moon wrote:

eww...please tell me you got that phrase off CSI XD

a stronger version of any blast badge would really mess with the balence and guessing sega actually knows that one so never going to happen

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 5, 2007, 09:30 PM
They are already good enough, Cooler forms would be cool tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tita
Jul 5, 2007, 09:41 PM
i've tried out all four and i gotta say that the yellow isn't all that fast. it just hits more often and i'd have to say it's the least damaging nanos out of all of them.

as for a new blast, i feel creatively stunted as i can't really think of one that would be particularly unique and equally useful out of the ones available now. they could certainly improve yellow by making it faster.

or just offer new combos for the existing blasts. i think that would be a really really really welcomed change.

the invicibility badge is working out lovely for my 'transer right now, though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pikachief
Jul 5, 2007, 09:54 PM
oh yea they could give each beast different attacks!

Ryoki
Jul 5, 2007, 10:12 PM
Bah, Screw you guys, Zeed rocks.
I occasionally live from that Bil De Vear spin.
People forget to note that Zeed is Accuracy AND Evasion. You tend to block a lot of hits with it.

However, I refuse to change. It matches my hair color. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-07-05 20:12 ]</font>

KidoKresh
Jul 5, 2007, 10:17 PM
i think it is only fair that the Beast get something extra... Oh and the colors they could give em would be White and Orange! that way it would match all th elements in the game!

Katy
Jul 5, 2007, 10:17 PM
It would be nice to add some SE to future Nano's or anything to improve them as our Gunners are slowly taking over. Humans and Newmans are just uuhhh... neat.

Niered
Jul 5, 2007, 10:39 PM

This is the most intelligent post in this entire thread.

SATatami
Jul 5, 2007, 10:45 PM
Zeed+ Just Guard= Overpowered? Maybe?

XDeviousX
Jul 5, 2007, 10:46 PM
Beast forms can stay buffed or be buffed in AOI and that is all the improvement needed...

Criss
Jul 6, 2007, 02:53 AM
If I remember right, buffs will remain on the beast after nanoblast instead of being taken off. Not add the boost to the nanoblast itself. Though even that is already a good improvement. Too bad SUVs will get the same treatment.

But I agree nanoblasts should get some more diversity as well. Maybe an extra defensive one with less DEF but also an MST boost? Maybe an offensive one with half the power boost but longer duration. Or just different attack combos.

Oh well, at least it doesn't use up my extra unit slot.

Midicronica
Jul 6, 2007, 02:59 AM
how boutz a blak nan0bLas7 dat duel weelds ask's and ridezz on da bak off a big lizerd sh00ting foie rely fst?

dat wuld be ub3r l337!!!!!!!!!!

:Edit:

It's a shame that took me about 3 minutes to type up. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-07-06 00:59 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jul 6, 2007, 03:02 AM
Meh, just give them a second tier of nanoblasts. Our SUVs look the same, may as well keep theirs the same.
Then again, they can't change the look of their blasts. It'd be nice if they got some customization other than color. After all, beasts look bad enough as it is without the overmuscular humping motion.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 6, 2007, 03:06 AM
I want a blast bage that can fly and shoot lasers but instead of draning your nano bar it dranes your HP and not even a force can heal you, But you can come out of the form at any time.

Zorafim
Jul 6, 2007, 03:08 AM
'kay.

wut?

Criss
Jul 6, 2007, 04:06 AM
What about a blast badge that only morphs your right arm into whatever destructive weapon? Could be fun, and actually fix the lack of diversity in nanoblast appearances. But of course ST would be too lazy to recreate all 3D character models to allow that. Unless they just create a model that simply replaces the weapon, follows the arm movements and is actually big enough to cover it... to give the impression that the arm itself is morphed.

...I guess I'm thinking too hard.

SATatami
Jul 6, 2007, 04:08 AM
On 2007-07-06 02:06, Criss wrote:
What about a blast badge that only morphs your right arm into whatever destructive weapon? Could be fun, and actually fix the lack of diversity in nanoblast appearances. But of course ST would be too lazy to recreate all 3D character models to allow that. Unless they just create a model that simply replaces the weapon, follows the arm movements and is actually big enough to cover it... to give the impression that the arm itself is morphed.

...I guess I'm thinking too hard.

Rika's claw? >_> That would be a weird nanoblast considering what nanoblasts actually are...

Zorafim
Jul 6, 2007, 04:09 AM
How about, like, yellow nanoblasts are replaced with more agile looking beasts, purple with bigger ones, and red ones with a fiercer body? Stuff like that's what I'm looking for.

Criss
Jul 6, 2007, 04:14 AM
Female beasts could get an exclusive pink nanoblast with a sexy fur-less body that would do Charm SE on any nearby enemy. (And ironically making them attack that beast.)

Alisha
Jul 6, 2007, 05:33 AM
i just want a nanoblast that isnt fucking useless against flying monsters. come on sega ALTERED FUCKING BEAST!

Sylpheed
Jul 6, 2007, 05:37 AM
On 2007-07-06 03:33, Alisha wrote:
i just want a nanoblast that isnt fucking useless against flying monsters. come on sega ALTERED FUCKING BEAST!

Easily solved, every beast form can now shoot lasers out of their eyes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

landman
Jul 6, 2007, 07:02 AM
On 2007-07-06 02:14, Criss wrote:
Female beasts could get an exclusive pink nanoblast with a sexy fur-less body that would do Charm SE on any nearby enemy. (And ironically making them attack that beast.)

Why not male too???? D:

Revolt2origin
Jul 6, 2007, 07:02 AM
Lasers out of their eyes? Good idea, maybe just make it one form though... A Twin Mayalee Prism Blast Badge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BTW, if Casts are getting a healing SUV, why not give beasts a healing Blast Badge? Would be useful for those playing low ATP classes.

_Wolf_
Jul 6, 2007, 11:49 AM
i was thinking the same thing about new beast formd i thought they should make one of each element but then you could be totally useless on a nuedaiz when you turn earth beast when you usually go to parum and kill go vahras with it. idk just an idea

DreamLocke
Jul 6, 2007, 12:05 PM
If anything we should be allowed to buy any badge we want and switch them out for free in the dressing room or the makeover shop.

I'd use adaka val when I feel safe and want to clear a room fast, Vande Val against mobs that present a lot of problems or multiple hard-hitting mobs.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 6, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-07-05 18:46, Garnet_Moon wrote:
How in the fuck can you get a buffed version of Adaka Val and have the balls to call it balanced. Adaka is already broken as hell.

what color is the sky in your world?
/irritation with certain posters.

My suggestion for beast is to have a tech resist, or a form where you attacks count as ranged damage, or a form that inflicts SE (I was thinking fire SE2 or SE3). Hardly broken when you consider that machines are not affected by fire, nor are bosses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-07-06 10:51 ]</font>

eightball
Jul 6, 2007, 03:21 PM
i do much more damage with my weapons then my beast...especially when most things i want to beast on such as jarbas...are strong against melee...thus need to use my dual pistols...

Chuck_Norris
Jul 6, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-07-06 05:02, landman wrote:

Why not male too???? D:

Nah male shouldnt get charm SE, Something like Fear SE and the enemys cant move when you use it.

Ryoki
Jul 6, 2007, 03:30 PM
I want more attacks. I find myself only using the top one as a male beast on kamatoze to knock them over.

Other than that, we need attacks that hit all enemies.

Nanoblast needs the Bil De Vear Spin, damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

engelsein
Jul 6, 2007, 04:21 PM
how bout just different models for each beast like
the attack one gets a strong model(kinda like the one we have now)
the speed one gets a skinny model that has more agile moves
the invinsible one has a floating beast model normal size and hits with lazors ;D etc..etc..

Kylie
Jul 6, 2007, 04:35 PM
Even though it's based on percentages, I have no desire to nanoblast anymore because it's not really worth the danger it puts you in (you can't heal and stuff). The only one that is really useful at a high level is Adaka.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-07-06 14:36 ]</font>

ShineOnline
Jul 6, 2007, 05:12 PM
Need a magic beast. Does magic damage instead of physical. Would be white and all ethereal lookin...

BloodDragoon
Jul 6, 2007, 05:16 PM

Why not male too???? D:

Males would get the Bishie badge that blinds everyone and everything with the field of bright sparkling lights... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LS_Aksion
Jul 6, 2007, 06:15 PM
what about a Green Blast Badge? a hybrid between Attack Accuracy & Defence with the HP Recovery as well lasts longer. Balanced. sure megid will still be a threat but, why not? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LS_Aksion on 2007-07-06 16:18 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 6, 2007, 06:44 PM
there is only one Nano that is definitely needed, an MST boost Nano. I can't tell you how many times it would be so nice to finally be able to run in against high magic damage enemies and actually live.

What I've never understood is we basically have super "ride" items as Nanos. Agtaride is Adaka Val, Zodiaride is Zeed Val, Defbaride is Buguo Val... Retaride is ????
I mean we have an invincibility badge, but it'd make perfect sense to have a form that gave MST boost

THE JACKEL

TheLOLBandit
Jul 6, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-07-06 15:16, BloodDragoon wrote:

Why not male too???? D:

Males would get the Bishie badge that blinds everyone and everything with the field of bright sparkling lights... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NO females would get a brown poopy one because BEAST WOMEN ARE FILTHY!!!

JOHNIE
Jul 6, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-07-05 18:44, Gojiro316 wrote:
Just figured I would bring this up for all the beasts out there. With the inclusion of the new SUVS the casts got in the last update and the others soon to come.(The sword one)...

Does anyone think there will be stronger versions of the current beast forms later on? I've witnessed quite a few powerful beasts with high % weapons that have no need to even nanoblast, since they actually do less damage in that state. Kind of a waste for such a cool feature.

Hopefully we'd get to see that before AoI...Even if they looked the same and just had a higher damage output..Like the new Attacker SUV's..Just a thought..

I only use beast when fighting small guys, and thats just when im bored, Its true i am a beast, and i have a few high %s i think we need a better beast

Soukosa
Jul 6, 2007, 09:12 PM
On 2007-07-06 16:44, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
there is only one Nano that is definitely needed, an MST boost Nano. I can't tell you how many times it would be so nice to finally be able to run in against high magic damage enemies and actually live.

Doesn't the purple one boost MST as well?

Niloklives
Jul 6, 2007, 09:27 PM
no. I've been killed at full health in defense by an unbuffed jarba's dambarta. all defense does is make it so you dn't stagger when you're hit and raise DFP enough that you don't die from getting swarmed outright. I don;t think it even protect vs megid, but I can't verify that.

in any case beasts in nano blast are wrecking machines. I've single handedly killed bosses within 5 lvls of myself just by blasting at the beginning and then flailing on them for 10 seconds. the only downside of beasts is that in blast form they need to be babysat. I can't tell you how many times I've had beasts run up to me waiting next to me like they were holding my hand until I resta them. I think if beast hp doubled or if they had an adiquate hp regen when in blast form people wouldn't complain nearly as much.

of course at that point invincibility would need a damage boost....blah

I say leave it be

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jul 6, 2007, 10:06 PM

oh man i lol'd