PDA

View Full Version : From Zero to Fighgunner in 4 and a half hours: Caina's Story

Morganna
Jul 5, 2007, 08:53 PM
I created a human early in the afternoon. After getting her a couple levels, I sent her to Neudaiz.

It was pretty amazing how quickly the lower class levels go when you are getting 50 or more mp per run. Well, not per every run. Naturally, some people messed up. Amazingly enough, I never died, even though I started there at level 3. I may have came close a couple times, but I spammed mates freely and did my best to keep on my toes. It was always people higher level than me who were dying. Protip: Fail Barta is Fail.

So I got to level 9, and managed to get together the class levels for fighgunner. All without dying.

Smart thing to do I guess would be to open up a shop with some of the money.

So if a worthless lazy noob like me can manage this (and you can't really be too lazy in Neudaiz mission, you need all four to participate to some degree, as well as a fair amount of dodging), surely some of you pros have managed even greater feats of levelling new characters super quickly thanks to the miracle of Bunami and Her Secret Mission.

What is your story?

Also...do you think Sega intended this?

Umberger
Jul 5, 2007, 08:54 PM
I think Dj's 1-80 in 2 weeks with Firebreak wins this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-07-05 18:59 ]</font>

pikachief
Jul 5, 2007, 08:56 PM
On 2007-07-05 18:54, Umberger wrote:
I think D.J.'s 1-80 in 2 weeks with Firebreak wins this.

omg someone already did it!? i keep trying to do something to keep me interested in the game, and when i wanna do it i find out about soemo9en doign it before me and it completely ruins it for me T_T

Lykos
Jul 5, 2007, 09:00 PM
Wait- PS2/PC?

On xbox I'd doubt to see higher levels letting you in a party at such a low level.
And by higher levels I mean anyone upwards of 10. Because they're all mean. http://209.85.12.234/11344/124/emo/awesome.gif

Morganna
Jul 5, 2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, PC. I only had one party refusal. Everyone else gave me a chance and I proved my...well, not skill, but my being not completely useless to them. As I said, I never died once. Closest was towards the end and I went into one of the last teleporters where the foie spamming gohmons were. I mated in time, fortunately.

Seira7
Jul 5, 2007, 11:17 PM
I mated in time, fortunately.

Ok, that sounds weird. But congrats on your figunner status.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 5, 2007, 11:18 PM
Ya I was able to get from 1-80 within two weeks of firebreak. I took like 6 days off just to hunt a few rounds with my main character then went back onto grinding XD.

I ended up with 230 hours of gameplay.

Newman female on the role of Fortegunner/Guntecher >3

In reality I haven't done much with "Her Secret Mission." I planned on working my 2rd Alt to 80 before level 90 ( currently level 38) but with how the parties are set up now it's kind of difficult to do it as to how I succeeded with my first alt. time-wise.

Her Secret Mission is a really good quest to do when there's a need for higher class rank, but with all the difficulties of planning out who to go where, and the type of drama you find similar to Bruce's Dungeon, it's not my cup of tea.

Maybe I'll play it every now and then with friends and sometimes with random players to spruce up some class points once in a while for my multiple characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-05 21:26 ]</font>

Morganna
Jul 5, 2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, the whole thing can get quite maddening. Because it requires more coordination than your typical De Ragan run, even more wannabe General Pattons come out of the woodwork. To coin the old song: "Is Morganna gonna have to choke a *****?"

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 5, 2007, 11:37 PM
I played in a party with some guy who was calling for members in the lobby.
What I got was him barking orders in the group, then having tension spasm for when some people get the slightest movement wrong, dies, etc.

Really not something I want to work with XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-05 21:37 ]</font>

MayLee
Jul 5, 2007, 11:49 PM
On 2007-07-05 21:17, Seira7 wrote:

I mated in time, fortunately.

Ok, that sounds weird. But congrats on your figunner status.

Unfortunantly, you're not the only one who thinks this..<.<

Also, My Cast reached FighGunner at level 14. It was hell trying to get her to use Double Sabers. She's level 39 thanks to Fire Break

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-07-05 21:52 ]</font>

Morganna
Jul 6, 2007, 12:03 AM
What level will I get to be able to use double sabers? Also, what is the cheapest I can expect to find crea doubles? Not that price will matter too much...my level 10 force just got her 421-chan (Chaos) and now I can almost solo De Ragan's zone (sans De Ragan himself) for easy xp; I just tag with Zalure and she pwns. So I'm concurrently levelling up a fortetecher who will be able to solo zones effortlessly with high level dambarta and megid type spells later on like Cherry and Elenia.

Mayu
Jul 6, 2007, 12:06 AM
PS2-PC

Crea double 10%-19%( USE A DAM high %NIGHTWALKER) (oh well Looks owns dmg all the way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

- - 20 -40 mill
- Dark: Very high chance of being Low priced
- Ice: Very High chance it will be very high priced
- Lightning: Same as Dark
- Ground: On par with Ice
- Light: On par with Dark
- Fire: Middle of Ice and Ground
- Neu: uhhhh mmmm lol

-Oh and any class can Solo effectively good as a FT

Even with crappy armor and weapons -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-05 22:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-05 22:10 ]</font>

Morganna
Jul 6, 2007, 12:08 AM
I also imagine that fire ones will be price gouged as well, given that Her Secret Mission is the new place to be.

Mayu
Jul 6, 2007, 12:09 AM
mm let me update that lol

Morganna
Jul 6, 2007, 12:09 AM
And yeah, as soon as my rappy feathers sell I'm gonna go get me a nightwalker, a fire one probably. Sure, I probably won't be able to use it for ages, but oh well.

MayLee
Jul 6, 2007, 12:23 AM
When I used Double Sabers I was like level 36 or something.

PMB960
Jul 6, 2007, 01:27 AM
On 2007-07-05 21:37, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I played in a party with some guy who was calling for members in the lobby.
What I got was him barking orders in the group, then having tension spasm for when some people get the slightest movement wrong, dies, etc.

Really not something I want to work with XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-05 21:37 ]</font>

I joined 1 random party there and never again(I really don't like random parties anyways). Basically the same thing happened. I only play HSM with people I know although its almost always on C rank anyways so my characters are a bit overpowered lol. Even on C rank though I managed to get to FG 10 in very little time plus you get good meseta considering the rank. Most S rank missions don't give out that much money and not nearly as much MP.

Morganna
Jul 6, 2007, 12:27 PM
Any other stories, advice, etc?

JFKdj
Jul 6, 2007, 12:36 PM
My F Cast was able to use a Double at level 36/5.

kevington
Jul 6, 2007, 12:45 PM
I got my alt from Protranser 1 to Protranser 5 in fairly quick time. I intended to switch to PT when she was a bit higher level (I started out PT at around 32), but Her Secret Mission made it too easy to resist. I'm about one class level away from being able to use Laser Cannons. Mayalee Prism here I come.

I've had a very mixed time playing with random groups here. Some controlling stress cases, some appallingly bad players and some really nice ones too. One guy gave me a 30% fire Falchiora+5 (sp?) after one run o_O

DarkRM7
Jul 6, 2007, 12:58 PM
That mission on Neaudaiz is pretty cool I got a lot of MP from it to finally get to Wartecher...but now I can't seem to find a party to play with...I also need money like crazy!!! I can't buy my techs man http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ashley50
Jul 6, 2007, 01:16 PM
dayum...it's so easy to level Jobs now than it was before, so be happy you didn't played it when it launched =/

Morganna
Jul 6, 2007, 02:19 PM
Meanwhile, I managed to get a 12% Fire Nightwalker for 30k somehow. Sure, I won't be able to use it for ages, but you don't pass up a deal like that.