PDA

View Full Version : Shadoog movies?

SATatami
Jul 6, 2007, 03:40 AM
I've never seen a Shadoog in action... Anyone got a vid?

Dragwind
Jul 6, 2007, 04:40 AM
I haven't tried myself, but possibly google or youtube videos might have one?

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 6, 2007, 04:56 AM
I don't think they do, I tried looking for some.

SATatami
Jul 6, 2007, 05:55 AM
Are you serious?...

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 6, 2007, 06:14 AM
I looked and didn't find any.

AC9breaker
Jul 6, 2007, 07:55 AM
Not really much to see. A little thing that floats next to you and shoots automatically at a slow rate of fire.

Ryna
Jul 6, 2007, 09:31 AM
As AC9Breaker mentioned, there isn't much to see. They hang over your shoulder and shoot at random times. Shaoodgs are mostly used to inflict status effects.

Rashiid
Jul 6, 2007, 09:33 AM
yepp purrty much what breaker said. not anything flashhy

Niloklives
Jul 6, 2007, 09:45 AM
I saw a video in the AoI vid/pic thread. it wasn't too breath taking but at least I saw the RoF which was about one shot every 2 seconds or so

DurakkenX
Jul 6, 2007, 09:51 AM
shadoog = imagine a shitty looking MAG that just sits there over your shoulder and randomly shoots at things with handgun type bullets and by thing i mean MOBs...not traps or turrets or anything else and they shoot at MOBs a lot of times weirdly so they can screw you over a lot more than help you...

Niloklives
Jul 6, 2007, 09:57 AM
sounds fun...lol

Shadoogs need different attack patterns/styles. I mean sure the one that shoots like a handgun is fine...but what if there was a model that fired like a laser, but has lower SE lvls than the current shadoogs? Or one that only fired once every 10 seconds but shot a rocket? If nothing else I'd think that would be a fantastic direction to go with the S rank models...*shrugs*

Rashiid
Jul 6, 2007, 10:02 AM
shadoogs are freakin awsome tho.

everytime i gotta check msgs or sumthin; imma just pull my shadoog out n say 'brb'

bet ill stay alive http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

amtalx
Jul 6, 2007, 10:09 AM
So basically its a weaker, slower version of a Handgun that shoots at things I don't want it to? Does it at least have SE17 or an increased attach rate or something? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Niloklives
Jul 6, 2007, 10:44 AM
SE4 and some of the SEs are ones you wouldn't normally be able to have on a gun. such as stun on the ground shadoogs. aside from that though, I don't know what the others do. I'm pretty sure dark is a different SE and Light may be as well. I didn't play the demo though, so I'm not as well versed in some of things as I'd like. also I'm not sure that it's weaker, but from what I saw it tends to target enemies in close proximty to you. So it would likely shoot the one you're fighting or maybe one that was coming up from the side. I'm not sure though.

In either case, the advantage is that it's doing this without you having to switch to your offhand. so you can be running around with a dagger, saber, slicer or claw and doing as you please and get in extra hits and inflict SEs while in mid melee. not really a fG weapon, but on a FG or AF, it should work well. especially now with these new additions to the combat system, a fighter with a shadoog may be able to solo a map with a single weapon if they had the timing down.

Rashiid
Jul 6, 2007, 10:50 AM
1) it NEVER runs outta ammo.
2) it shoots forever.
3) lets you focus on attacking and not switchin gun/melee/gun/melee

DurakkenX
Jul 6, 2007, 12:02 PM
the negatives out way the positives about them... At first i thought they were cool, but then i actually used them and found them too burdensome

Almighty_Envy
Jul 6, 2007, 12:04 PM
I want one that shoots Killer Shot >_>

KamiSori
Jul 6, 2007, 01:31 PM
i wanna see some S rank shadoogs and madoogs. the shadoogs better have something going other than just better stats. XD

AC9breaker
Jul 6, 2007, 03:39 PM
Its really hard to say on the specifics of Shadoogs, since everything was in JP I really didn't know what I was doing half the time.

However what I do know about Shadoogs, is this

1. Shadoogs have different Elemental status effects for the following elementals. The rest are the same elementals we know.
Earth elmentals = Stun
Light Elementals = Sleep
Dark Elementals = Killer Shot/Megid

2. Shadoogs can be crafted and elementals can be chosen just like one would craft a hunter weapon. However I have no idea if a neutral elemental Shadoog can be crafted or what the effect for a such a shadoog would be.

3.The higher the rank of a shadoog the better the stats, obviously. However They also recieve an increased firing rate. 6 star shadoogs, the highest shadoogs we had in the beta would shoot 3 shots every 3.5 to 5 seconds. Not sure on the firing rate. My own rough guesstimation.

4. Shadoogs follow the same law of Status effects that some Protransers may come to know as Hflowens law. It will not inflict a status effect unless it does one point of damage. With the low powers of shadoogs, it will be damn near impossible to inflict a status effect on enemies with high defense and what not, ie. robots.

5. Shadoogs can not be aimed. Even though you can face the enemy and the shadoog will be facing it, It will still shoot off to the side in an angle if the target it has chosen is in its range or field of sight. Of course you can just maneuver yourself so that the bullets of the Shadoog hit your target.

6. Shadoogs, are totally worth using. Although from the outside they may seem unimpressive or underwhelming, they are totally useful. Imagine a room full of Vandas, all staring at their crotch, becuase an Acrofighter or whatever with a Shadoog rolled in the room with his 30% 6* +10 earth Shadoog and stunned everything in the room. They can do that, and it freaking owns too.

Midicronica
Jul 6, 2007, 04:01 PM
Awesome description AC9Breaker. I wish I would have toyed with Shadoogs a bit more when I played the beta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LeMan_Bayon
Jul 6, 2007, 04:54 PM
I had a vid saved that someone made (although it's not that great).
http://rapidshare.com/files/41428306/magu.avi.html

Hrith
Jul 6, 2007, 06:01 PM
On 2007-07-06 08:50, Rashiid wrote:
2) it shoots forever.
3) lets you focus on attacking and not switchin gun/melee/gun/meleeWhich makes it an excellent hunter weapon, not ranger *rants at Fortegunners getting this useless addition*

Chaobo99
Jul 6, 2007, 07:43 PM
there is a video of a the slicer +PA on youtube.the person wil the slicer has the shadoog on his side..its not much action but if i find it for you,you can see how the shadoog play.

Kairi_Li
Jul 6, 2007, 08:45 PM
On 2007-07-06 16:01, Hrith wrote:

On 2007-07-06 08:50, Rashiid wrote:
2) it shoots forever.
3) lets you focus on attacking and not switchin gun/melee/gun/meleeWhich makes it an excellent hunter weapon, not ranger *rants at Fortegunners getting this useless addition*

It DOES make you wonder why Fortegunners are getting a Shadoog, they're not gonna use much melee unless they ran out of ammo and photon charges... There are probably alot of different gun types out there that isn't in PSU they could have added.

Say... A Rocket Launcher? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But the shadoogs will be good for my all my hybrid classes, especially with the new Just attacks and timing system going on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-07-06 19:14 ]</font>

KidoKresh
Jul 7, 2007, 03:23 PM
Now that you mention it I have never seen one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KidoKresh on 2007-07-07 13:45 ]</font>

Kinako78
Jul 25, 2007, 11:01 AM
I may give it a try. I don't really want to give an opinion without trying it first.

ThEoRy
Jul 25, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-07-06 13:39, AC9breaker wrote:
Its really hard to say on the specifics of Shadoogs, since everything was in JP I really didn't know what I was doing half the time.

However what I do know about Shadoogs, is this

1. Shadoogs have different Elemental status effects for the following elementals. The rest are the same elementals we know.
Earth elmentals = Stun
Light Elementals = Sleep
Dark Elementals = Killer Shot/Megid

2. Shadoogs can be crafted and elementals can be chosen just like one would craft a hunter weapon. However I have no idea if a neutral elemental Shadoog can be crafted or what the effect for a such a shadoog would be.

3.The higher the rank of a shadoog the better the stats, obviously. However They also recieve an increased firing rate. 6 star shadoogs, the highest shadoogs we had in the beta would shoot 3 shots every 3.5 to 5 seconds. Not sure on the firing rate. My own rough guesstimation.

4. Shadoogs follow the same law of Status effects that some Protransers may come to know as Hflowens law. It will not inflict a status effect unless it does one point of damage. With the low powers of shadoogs, it will be damn near impossible to inflict a status effect on enemies with high defense and what not, ie. robots.

5. Shadoogs can not be aimed. Even though you can face the enemy and the shadoog will be facing it, It will still shoot off to the side in an angle if the target it has chosen is in its range or field of sight. Of course you can just maneuver yourself so that the bullets of the Shadoog hit your target.

6. Shadoogs, are totally worth using. Although from the outside they may seem unimpressive or underwhelming, they are totally useful. Imagine a room full of Vandas, all staring at their crotch, becuase an Acrofighter or whatever with a Shadoog rolled in the room with his 30% 6* +10 earth Shadoog and stunned everything in the room. They can do that, and it freaking owns too.

I know I'm being a super nerd hero over here, but I just wanted to clarify that earth would silence and plasma would shock. Of course being a fT I've never actually fired either bullet so I could be wrong.

Starrz
Jul 25, 2007, 12:23 PM
In this slicer video, you can see my shadoog shooting things:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9lnhxspRJb8

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Starrz on 2007-07-25 10:24 ]</font>

kyle21
Jul 25, 2007, 12:35 PM
Awesome...its shooting a lot more than just a few shots. Can't wait.

amtalx
Jul 25, 2007, 12:38 PM
Yeaaahhhh....I don't see this replacing my Xbows. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AC9breaker
Jul 25, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-07-25 10:38, amtalx wrote:
Yeaaahhhh....I don't see this replacing my Xbows. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It shouldn't. Its an Acrofighter thing.

kyle21
Jul 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-07-25 10:41, AC9breaker wrote:

Shadoog - FG, FIG, AF
Madoog - WT, GT, AT

AlphaDragoon
Jul 25, 2007, 01:01 PM
Definitely using this. I dunno about you folks, but I was NEVER too keen on the "sword and gun simultaneously" idea they introduced in PSU. To me it doesn't look all that cool so I actually use Sabers by themselves on purpose. But with this, I can still have a second weapon without it looking weird, and I don't even have to switch, it does the blasting for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaDragoon on 2007-07-25 11:01 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jul 25, 2007, 01:14 PM
yes; ill probably change BulletMaster to an Acrofighter; this is by-far my (well from watching) favorite weapon. im diggin tha slicer too; i liek the normal attack rather then its PA.

AC9breaker
Jul 25, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-07-25 10:52, kyle21 wrote:

On 2007-07-25 10:41, AC9breaker wrote:

Shadoog - FG, FIG, AF
Madoog - WT, GT, AT

OMG HOW U FIND DAT OUT??? R U A HXER!?!269?

Soukosa
Jul 25, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-07-25 10:02, Octagon wrote:
I know I'm being a super nerd hero over here, but I just wanted to clarify that earth would silence and plasma would shock. Of course being a fT I've never actually fired either bullet so I could be wrong.

Nerd hero? Here we go...

SEs known to be associated with each element:
Fire - Burn, ATP Up, ATP Down
Ice - Freeze, DFP Up, DFP Down
Lightning - Shock, ATA/EVP Up, ATA/EVP Down
Earth - Silence, Poison, Stun
Light - Confuse, Sleep, TP/MST Up
Dark - Confuse, Infect, Down

The main bullets may be consistent with their SEs but these aren't bullets and techs aren't consistent either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (Look at the earth ones for instance)

Rashiid
Jul 25, 2007, 05:11 PM
technically its called 'Incapitate' not 'Down' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Jul 26, 2007, 01:27 AM
It says "Down" in the info window for the name of the SE. Unless they decided to be inconsistent with Megid or something >.>