PDA

View Full Version : Bullet exchange thingy in guardain hq on parum

RachaelH
Jul 6, 2007, 10:29 AM
Hiya,
Is there a bullet type other than fire, ice, plasma, grav, light and dark - or does the exchange just let you choose one of these from the guardain hq on parum http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

HFlowen
Jul 6, 2007, 10:30 AM
Bullet echange PAs (more often called "Ultimate PAs") do not have any element, they have a special effect.

I think that was what you were asking.... couldn't tell.

RachaelH
Jul 6, 2007, 10:31 AM
yea it was thanks - are they any good?

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 6, 2007, 10:34 AM
Some of them are Some of them arn't.

HFlowen
Jul 6, 2007, 10:47 AM
Some are, some aren't.

Bow: Increases attack power, range, and accuracy. It fires slower though, and has no element and Status effect that bows are known for. Not recomended.

Rifle: Has a chance to instantly kill an enemy. Pretty neat, although it takes an eternity to level, and has a high PP cost. You'll run out of ammo pretty fast.

Handgun: Steals HP from enemies, also has a splash effect, so it can hit two target if they are close enough. Again, high PP cost, and a monomate is more reliable than the tiny HP youll gain with it.

Twin handgun: Casts zalure, the def reducing effect on anything it hits. Pretty cool, a favorite of gunners.

Shotgun: Casts the EVP/ATA reducing effect (forgot the name) on anything it hits (has to be level 21+ to effect minibosses). This effect is not very sought after by most gunners, but as a Protranser, I love it, makes up for low accuracy.

Grenade launcher: Automatically effects one enemy with freeze 100% of the time. I think it freezes more enemies at higher levels... i dont have any experience with it though. Also has a HUGE PP cost.

Card: Same as handgun, kind of pointless if you could just use resta.

Machinegun: Makes an enemy flinch with each hit, essentially putting it into a "flinch lock" with how fast it fires. It has a purposefully low ATA modifier, 1%. That way, it only works when shooting an enemy from behind. High pp cost.

Laser cannon: My personal favorite. It gives the laser beam a knockback. Excelent with crowd control. The beam has half the range though, and a high PP cost.

Crossbow: Increases damage the lower your HP gets. Seems risky, but can have the highest damage per second of anything currently available right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-07-06 08:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-07-06 08:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-07-06 09:00 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jul 6, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-07-06 08:47, HFlowen wrote:

In my own opinion, The bow bullet is good, but pretty useless, to me anyway.

Rifle: Has a chance to instantly kill an enemy. Pretty neat, although it takes an eternity to level, and has a high PP cost. You'll run out of ammo pretty fast.
Good only if your a Fortgunner

Handgun: Steals HP from enemies, also has a splash effect, so it can hit two target if they are close enough. Again, high PP cost, and a monomate is more reliable than the tiny HP youll gain with it.
I had it, lvld it to 10, and got rid of it. Like Flowen said, a monomate does the job faster

Twin handgun: Casts zalure, the def reducing effect on anything it hits. Pretty cool, a favorite of gunners.
Imo the best Ult bullet pa. If u can, get this as your first Ult bullet pa.

Shotgun: Casts the EVP/ATA reducing effect (forgot the name) on anything it hits (has to be level 21+ to effect minibosses). This effect is not very sought after by most gunners, but as a Protranser, I love it, makes up for low accuracy.
Great for Protransers usually.

Grenade launcher: Automatically effects one enemy with freeze 100% of the time. I think it freezes more enemies at higher levels... i dont have any experience with it though. Also has a HUGE PP cost.
Not the best, Imo the worst ult pa.

Card: Same as handgun, kind of pointless if you could just use resta.

Machinegun: Makes an enemy flinch with each hit, essentially putting it into a "flinch lock" with how fast it fires. It has a purposefully low ATA modifier, 1%. That way, it only works when shooting an enemy from behind. High pp cost.
One of the best Bullet pas if used correctly. You can stun lock large enemies and let hunters move in for the kill. Its a great pa.

Laser cannon: My personal favorite. It gives the laser beam a knockback. Excelent with crowd control. The beam has half the range though, and a high PP cost.
Great for knockback,If used correctly

Crossbow: Increases damage the lower your HP gets. Seems risky, but can have the highest damage per second of anything currently available right now.
Good if used right,VERY high damage potential.

My 2 Meseta in bold ^

Rashiid
Jul 6, 2007, 01:00 PM
the shotgun PA is really useful. it doesnt hafta be 21+ to effect minibosses; just certain ones can and cannon be effected by the EVA/ATA down.

i can effect the doggy things at relics w/ it and Jarbas too. Gol Dova just cant be that status`d down; same for Sulvatus thinggy.

that and twin pistols i say go for. since a high number of forces (like me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) dont have (hehe me again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )or just dont use debuffs)

Realmz
Jul 6, 2007, 01:05 PM
i actually made a topic asking about this a while ago and it got a rather nice showing.

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=146000&forum=22&28

XDeviousX
Jul 6, 2007, 02:22 PM
Actually the card leveled to 21-30 isn't so bad considering it homes-in on enemies and with the multiple fans you are bound to get a lot of hp. its good for doing damage while you heal. If used right you can actually be an effective in combat as a force type without switching a wand to get resta usage, i.e. an elemented wand + ult card bullet leveled to 21-30 is an effective combo...