PDA

View Full Version : New Unit Ideas

Lykos
Jul 6, 2007, 10:55 AM
Personally I think that there should be a lot more units doing a lot more things because of the amount of things you can probably do with units. So I made a thread to come up with ideas for units... it'll probably die in an hour or so, and there was probably a thread before like this, but whatever.

My ideas:
A Leg or Extra Slot that keeps you from being knocked back from attacks.
An Extra Slot that ups your running speed at the cost of some of your stats. Perhaps your health.
An Arm slot that makes your striking attacks go faster at the cost of your attack power.
An Arm slot that makes your ranged attacks go faster at the cost of your accuracy.
An Arm slot that ups the number of monsters you can hit at once at the cost of your attack.

Mayu
Jul 6, 2007, 11:13 AM
- -

Reflect/Damage - Extra
- : When hit by a certain enemies, The damage is inflicted upon the target that hit you by a X%

Solid / Health S - Arm Slot
-: Sacrifice TP and MST to boost Health by X%

JC10001
Jul 6, 2007, 11:55 AM
- Something to boost HP
- Something to significantly increase your critical hit percentage

Notos
Jul 6, 2007, 12:02 PM
Cure/freeze - Dambarta lol

Jet/Pack - Because I don't like fighting flying stuff with a pistol on my fF.

Golto
Jul 6, 2007, 12:27 PM
There might be an unit or two that does speed up melee and/or ranged attacks. The unit Vijerina / Cronos or the / Rush units. And who knows what AOI will have in store with new non-suv units.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
Sori / rainbow
Sori / magic
Tero / Knight
Cati / Wall
Cati / Guard S (sacrifice EVP for DFP++)

a pp save unit that offers a smaller amount of pp savings on both ranged, AND melee.

a pp regen unit

a mutli resist body unit (ie 5% fire and earth).

arm unit that increases elemental %s on melee weapons (eff you forces/rangers).

a swap/slot unit (this unit can be placed in a slot and adds a slot in another area.
Extra/Head might be one, for example. or Head/Arm.

RegulusHikari
Jul 6, 2007, 12:51 PM
Golto, any lists of those known Units that we don't have yet? I've seen it before (with the 13* items as well, lol Par Ork) and I'm just curious.

Let's see... (for those that played PSO)

Gibbles / Power
Deldepth / Legs
Del Lily / Guard
RAmar / Hit

would all be pretty useful. >_>

Perhaps...
x / Drain - Drains HP to boost a stat or give some sort of resistance.
x / Crit - Criticals cause a knock back/down of some kind (possibly too useful >_>)
x / Focus - Cannot be interrupted mid-cast/PA.
x / Payout - Meseta you receive is boosted by x% (per pickup)
x / Snipe - Bullet range increases

HP units would be nice, and I'd like to see armors with 2 of the same slot. Obviously some limits would have to be made though, like no duplicate Units.

Golto
Jul 6, 2007, 01:27 PM
Here's the item list of stuff not found offline but most should be available online at some time in the future.

http://mewn.psupedia.info/PSU/PSU%20Items.txt

RegulusHikari
Jul 6, 2007, 01:30 PM
Yes, that's it, thank you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Emrald
Jul 6, 2007, 02:37 PM
I want something that has an effect of a Sori/tech charge...but without the extra PP usage >_>

Ryoki
Jul 6, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-07-06 10:02, Notos wrote:
Cure/freeze - Dambarta lol

Jet/Pack - Because I don't like fighting flying stuff with a pistol on my fF.

This is just Freeze / Resist. It isn't out yet, but it exists.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 6, 2007, 03:45 PM
Something that does damage to the monster that hit you.
Something that makes a aura around you that does damage to nearby monsters.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 6, 2007, 03:54 PM
resist/all
acts like a resist/ unit but stops all SE's
killer/hit
gives all your weapons/spells the incapacitate SE at level3.

Gryffin
Jul 6, 2007, 04:18 PM
I kinda would like Arm units that add status to melee attacks.....

Form/Chaos - Adds Confuse SE4, but only a 7.5% Chance of Confusion.
Ect..ect...ect...

And unit combos...
Double/Regen - Regenrates PP at twice the rate
Double/Grace - Photon Arts do 5% More damage
Double/Focus - Resist Confuse, Stun, Paralyze and Sleep by 25%
Double/Key - Nothing on it's on, but in conjunction with other pieces, certain effects happen.
Regen- Recovers HP at double rate as well as PP
Grace- Photon Arts take 2.5% Less PP, and 2.5% more damage.
Focus- ATP, ACC, TP, MST, EVP, and DFP are all increased by 25.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BloodDragoon
Jul 6, 2007, 05:12 PM
At times I wish for the reappearance of the God/Battle Unit...
Or a Perfect/Resist unit that blocked any status effect...

And that the shoulderplates on the Evors set could fire off Pilla...

<.<

Random ideas though...

Critical/Boost, Extra Slot, does full stat boost (meaning all 4 of them at once) when you are the victim of a critical hit.

Hunter/Drain, Arm Slot, Restores HP equal to 1% of damage dealt with striking weapons.

Golto
Jul 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-07-06 13:54, chuck_norris wrote:
resist/all
acts like a resist/ unit but stops all SE's
killer/hit
gives all your weapons/spells the incapacitate SE at level3.

resist /all is named Cati and Lumirus/ Maintence judging by its description minus insta-ko protection.

Notos
Jul 6, 2007, 05:55 PM
Was bored at work on a Friday:

Pistol/Whip - Something you can use when your gun runs out of PP.

Bunny/Hop - No need to complain about running too slow anymore.

Baseball/Bat - I see foie/megid/diga/whatever coming, why can't I do anything about it?

Manual/Block - Just because I'm fF that doesn't mean I have to take every hit.

Combo/Cancel - Do I really have to wait till the combo is finished before starting another?

Me/Jump - I can do PA that launches myself several meters into the air yet I still have to slowly run to a monster's backside.

Stupid/Link - If Link was smart he would've pick a princess who doesn't get kidnapped. erm... I meant: +ATP/ATA when in first person mode, but it also enables friendly fire.

Draw/Hate - You're the paladin, go do your job.

Burning/Candle - Does extra burn damage when used in conjuncture with photon whip.

Flash/Light - I really hate the few dark rooms that are in the game.

Thermal/Vision - What's behind that wall?

Self/Destruct - Make sure you stand next to them when eating megid. Cast only.

Suicide/Bomber - Non-cast only. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

IM/SSJ - Humans finally get a use out of the SUV/nano bar! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif On the down side, the average maturity of the population goes down by 10 years. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

A2K
Jul 6, 2007, 06:40 PM
I'd like to see an arm unit that boosted power or accuracy ridiculously and increased the critical hit rate, and and a body unit that boosted defense and evasion ridiculously as well--the catch being the bonuses only apply when using non-elemental weapons and armor. Now it wouldn't be so broken as to make them better than 50% items, but, well... it'd be nice to get some use out of those green photons.

Ryoten
Jul 6, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-07-06 15:55, Notos wrote:
Was bored at work on a Friday:

Pistol/Whip - Something you can use when your gun runs out of PP.

Bunny/Hop - No need to complain about running too slow anymore.

Baseball/Bat - I see foie/megid/diga/whatever coming, why can't I do anything about it?

Manual/Block - Just because I'm fF that doesn't mean I have to take every hit.

Combo/Cancel - Do I really have to wait till the combo is finished before starting another?

Me/Jump - I can do PA that launches myself several meters into the air yet I still have to slowly run to a monster's backside.

Stupid/Link - If Link was smart he would've pick a princess who doesn't get kidnapped. erm... I meant: +ATP/ATA when in first person mode, but it also enables friendly fire.

Draw/Hate - You're the paladin, go do your job.

Burning/Candle - Does extra burn damage when used in conjuncture with photon whip.

Flash/Light - I really hate the few dark rooms that are in the game.

Thermal/Vision - What's behind that wall?

Self/Destruct - Make sure you stand next to them when eating megid. Cast only.

Suicide/Bomber - Non-cast only. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

IM/SSJ - Humans finally get a use out of the SUV/nano bar! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif On the down side, the average maturity of the population goes down by 10 years. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LMAO! Classic. Now for some of minds.

Whoop/ass: When all of you weapons run out of pp, you simply beat the crap out of any enemies around you, bare handed. *Really violent thing to see.*

Me/Summon: Just like it said, you summon things that you tamed like De Ragus for example. *Uses the SUV/Nano bar.*

Weapon/fusion: Lets you & a parner fuse your weapons together for a powerful attack. Ex. Sword w/ cannon= Cannon that shoot swords.

Rage/death: Goes into a rage state when you're near death. You combos & PA attacks is double to six different combinations. Ex. normal hit twice then to pa attack then back to one normal attack & finish with two pa attacks.

Fusion/P. Arts: Lets you fuse two pa together. Ex. Spinning Break w/ megid or Tornado Dance w/ dambarta

Have to think of more...

Shiryuu
Jul 6, 2007, 06:47 PM
Cati / Power R: Increases elemental damage by 12%.

Umberger
Jul 6, 2007, 06:52 PM
Cati / Quick: -150 TP, 400% technic casting speed.
Hizeri / Quick: -200 TP, 500% technic casting speed.

*Numbers based on the supposed Me / Quick being 200% and Har / Quick being 300%.

There's a Cati and Hizeri version of Concentrate, so why not / Quick? =p

_Wolf_
Jul 6, 2007, 07:14 PM
Sori / HPrestore

HP restore level 3

Hrith
Jul 6, 2007, 07:24 PM
Notos' post made me lol IRL.

The Deldepth / Legs, too.

A lot of the "new ideas" people posted exist in PSU, just not released.

HFlowen
Jul 6, 2007, 07:28 PM
I remember seing a great post on the official forums like this.

Something along the lines of "woman/driver, Doubles effectiveness when paried with car/hit"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-07-06 20:19 ]</font>

Shiryuu
Jul 6, 2007, 08:53 PM
On 2007-07-06 17:14, EchoGC wrote:
Sori / HPrestore

HP restore level 3

There's already one. It's called Hard / HP restore.

Nuclearranger
Jul 6, 2007, 11:39 PM
God/battle plox

Umberger
Jul 7, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-07-06 21:39, NuclearRanger wrote:
God/battle plox

Tero / Rush and Hard / Rush are two arm units which have unknown purposes. I won't go around saying it's this and that, but it sounds like they're some sort of attack speed up thing.

Shou
Jul 7, 2007, 02:00 AM
On 2007-07-06 11:27, Golto wrote:
Here's the item list of stuff not found offline but most should be available online at some time in the future.

http://mewn.psupedia.info/PSU/PSU%20Items.txt

I wonder why a ton of these units havnt been released yet. i never knew there were so many! yeahs!

Chuck_Norris
Jul 7, 2007, 03:02 AM
OMGWTFBBQ/UBER1337
Unit takes all 4 slots to use, Makes all enemys do 0 damage and sends your damage up to OVER 9000!!!

Kion
Jul 7, 2007, 03:55 AM
tero / insomnia - to keep from falling asleep while doing runs

Ryoten
Jul 7, 2007, 07:18 AM
^ the greatest unit I've heard all day. lol

Realmz
Jul 7, 2007, 07:38 AM
On 2007-07-06 17:28, HFlowen wrote:
I remember seing a great post on the official forums like this.

Something along the lines of "woman/driver, Doubles effectiveness when paried with car/hit"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-07-06 20:19 ]</font>

well played my friend, well played indeed...

SStrikerR
Jul 7, 2007, 07:49 AM
i cant wait for hard/hp restore. it was on the list as coming out eventually, so, yea, i think it should be replace me/hp restore as soon as AOI comes out. =D

HFlowen
Jul 7, 2007, 08:59 AM
So many neat things in mewns file dump... Practically another game they haven't released yet.

ZEO_X
Jul 7, 2007, 06:26 PM
God / Equip