PDA

View Full Version : Armors

GoDz
Jul 7, 2007, 01:50 AM
Does any1 know if theyre goin to have an armor with 4 slots...just slots like in pso???if not they should because its a lot better

omegapirate2k
Jul 7, 2007, 01:52 AM
On 2007-07-06 23:50, GoDz wrote:
Does any1 know if theyre goin to have an armor with 4 slots...just slots like in pso???if not they should because its a lot better

No, that would be broken compared to the other armors.

Serephim
Jul 7, 2007, 02:28 AM

-_-..

This. Isnt. Fucking. PSO.

Mayu
Jul 7, 2007, 02:31 AM
never

BloodDragoon
Jul 7, 2007, 02:33 AM
Well there is armors that have all 4 slots (head, arm, body, extra) but universal slots would be broken and push the game towards the absolute twinkage that was PSO. It's better the way it is now.

Reipard
Jul 7, 2007, 02:42 AM

Give it a few months and it might as well be ^_^.

Smile!

BloodDragoon
Jul 7, 2007, 02:47 AM
Nah, it won't be, however I think we had all these PSU =/= PSO discussions over 6 months ago. Just learn to lvl a new character without your script kiddied 12 star weapon grinded to +99 with a 4 slot armor that has god/battle and 3x god/power, all those stat materials, and that lv 200 power mag... >.>

Reipard
Jul 7, 2007, 02:51 AM
Nah, it won't be, however I think we had all these PSU =/= PSO discussions over 6 months ago. Just learn to lvl a new character without your script kiddied 12 star weapon grinded to +99 with a 4 slot armor that has god/battle and 3x god/power, all those stat materials, and that lv 200 power mag... >.>

Soars overhead like the air plane!

Aralia
Jul 7, 2007, 03:02 AM
On 2007-07-07 00:28, Serephim wrote:

-_-..

Is it phantasy star?
Is it online?
I think my point is clearly visible here...
this is a phantasy star game that's online.. ergo.. it is -A- PSO. kthxbai

Gryffin
Jul 7, 2007, 03:28 AM
It would be intense to see someone 4 Quicks >.>

or 4 SUV's. Or 4 HP Restores. Or 4 PP Saves...

Ebram
Jul 7, 2007, 11:29 AM
Armor is so much more interesting in PSU than it was in PSO. Before, all you needed to do was get the next best armor and make sure it has four slots. Now you actually need to consider whether armor with better defense is worth a different slot configuration. We actually have to THINK about what to wear, instead of simply wearing the next best armor like you would in an offline RPG. PSU is so much more elegant than PSO ever was.

Rashiid
Jul 7, 2007, 11:33 AM
Rabol Rappy!!!!

...what?

*reads other posts*

oh PSO armor.....

redsnow
Jul 7, 2007, 11:34 AM
I like armor the way it is now... the only change i would make is the ablity to grind armor, like one can grind a weapon.. this would make armor even more unique. However i like the fact the armor in PSU does not have "universal slots". The armor is as it should be, a strategic element, not a broken game mechanic.

KiteWolfwood
Jul 7, 2007, 11:35 AM
What are you all talkin about? My Sori-Senba has 4 slots.

Realmz
Jul 7, 2007, 11:40 AM
for reasons unknown to me i'll probably keep my sori for the rest of my PT's life, having all four slots is just so nice for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mayu
Jul 7, 2007, 11:43 AM
Har/quick X 4

Solid/Power S X 4

hmm... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rashiid
Jul 7, 2007, 11:45 AM
GiB 4 Sori / Forces =]

( w0ot diga 5k on regular creatures http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )

Mayu
Jul 7, 2007, 11:46 AM
50% Weapon +

Solid/ Power S x4

Ouch

ThEoRy
Jul 7, 2007, 11:53 AM
Firstly GoDz, there already are armors with 4 slots in PSU just not universal. As it's been said the reason it was changed to the current system is because it was broken.

Second, Aralia... you fail miserably here. Try to follow along here..

first there was PSO

then PSOver.2

then PSO episode 1 & 2

then PSO episode 3

then there was PSO Blue Burst which was essentially episode 4

PSU is NOT an extension of PSO simply put under the same umbrella.

Sure it shares a few similar mechanics, but mostly it is a completely reworked rebalanced and reimagined game.

Otherwise wouldn't they have just called it PSO episode 5?

But they didn't, so it's not, ergo it is PSU.

Thirdly Gryffin, even in PSO wearing 4 god battles was no different than wearing one so I don't believe 4 quicks would have a cumulative effect this time around either.

Finally Ebram.. Excellent post my friend. You win this topic with your insightful wisdom.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-07-07 09:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-07-07 09:56 ]</font>

Aralia
Jul 7, 2007, 12:30 PM
Octagon.. I'm making a point.
I'm tired of everyone on here saying "PSU is not PSO"

Whether it is the same game or not, the majority of people are going to view it as "another phantasy star online" game.

Understand? If not, then you fail.

PSU will always be looked at as a successor to PSO no matter how hard it's fought... embrace it, love it, come to terms with it.

And before you start calling wins/fails, understand what is posted.
It's all a matter of stopping people from freaking out, by bringing it to their attention that they need to accept the reality that even though PSU =/= PSO to them.. for most people, it does.

And topping that all off, I know the progression of PSO games, I been playing Since V1 on DC kthx. =p

But this just brings the thread further and further away from the topic at hand.. so I'll attempt to comment to the OP.

The armor's would be too broken if they had universal slots.. there'd have to be limitations.. which in turn would result in us having almost the same set up as here...
Though, I'd like to see slot conversion units.. like.. to make an arm slot into an extra slot for my yamata senba so I could wear puyo with it. =p
Or have there be a 5th slot opened to allow usage of extra units that give a visual effect.
Though.. then casts would use the same armors as everyone else and eventually there'd only be about 4 types of armors -ever- being used. =p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aralia on 2007-07-07 10:34 ]</font>

Lonzell
Jul 7, 2007, 12:38 PM
a bay bay!

ThEoRy
Jul 7, 2007, 01:31 PM
Of course I understand your point Aralia but you have to understand that when you play devils advocate you're going to meet some resistance. My point was basically that this game is so vastly different, not greater, not lesser than PSO, that it has to be considered so. It Is a Phantasy Star game? Yes. Is it online? Yes. But it is not PSO.

On Topic I do like your idea of a slot converter item. I think in that way you would get to see some unique armor set ups.

Rashiid
Jul 7, 2007, 01:36 PM
if so; editing your armor should lower the states on it; sacrifice defence for offence. (or support; like 2 Me/ Restores)

Aralia
Jul 7, 2007, 01:52 PM
But if you look close enough, you can see that the majority of PSU is built off of the same things PSO was.
No matter how it's looked at.. PSO and PSU are built from the same ideas.

Don't get me wrong, I agree.. PSO and PSU aren't very similar at all..
After going back and playing PSO again for the first time in over a year, I saw just exactly how much had changed. But all in all, PSU is more of an upgrade.
Think.. for example.. the ,hack// franchise... the original .hack// games would be PSO, and the new "G.U." games would be PSU.
This isn't an add on, but rather a re-creation from the ground up. Maintaining a certain structure that is slightly visible.
Such as: now we have Newmen Techer's instead of "FOnewearl/FOnewm"
Human Fighters rather than "HUmar"

And that's not all.. if you look, there's elements of Ragol all over Guhral. It just takes a keen eye to see them.
(which obviously I don't have.. since I can't point any out atm.. but if I was to run around, I could find some.)

There's the combat structure... 3 simple strikes as opposed to a 3-hit combo. and of course, the photon arts are the "hard" attacks.
Guns are the only things that are very different in essence.. since they no longer have a 3-shot limit.

Anyway.. this isn't really the place to discuss this.. I could go on forever.. but yeah.. back to armors!!!

The slot unit idea wasn't exactly mine.. I mean.. I had though of it fleetingly.. but only really gave it any credit when I saw someone's post mentioning it. My idea was more of an "add slot" idea.. where you'd be able to use an item to add -1- other slot to the armor. making solid line actually have a purpose... >.>
edit: err... rather.. one slot that it lacks.. this "addslot" would be useless on armors like sori-senba... and would only add 1 slot to the armor.. even if you used 2.. only 1 slot would be opened.. so you could never have a phantomline with 4 slots.. but rather.. you -could- have a 3 slot phantomline. (just examples)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aralia on 2007-07-07 12:14 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Jul 7, 2007, 02:42 PM
Why do these Armor topics always turn into PSO><PSU?...

I thought u meant more of a slot conversion where you could exchange a head for a body slot for example.
You wouldn't actually add a slot, just rearrange them.

Reipard
Jul 7, 2007, 03:01 PM
Firstly GoDz, there already are armors with 4 slots in PSU just not universal. As it's been said the reason it was changed to the current system is because it was broken.

Second, Aralia... you fail miserably here. Try to follow along here..

first there was PSO

then PSOver.2

then PSO episode 1 & 2

then PSO episode 3

then there was PSO Blue Burst which was essentially episode 4

PSU is NOT an extension of PSO simply put under the same umbrella.

Sure it shares a few similar mechanics, but mostly it is a completely reworked rebalanced and reimagined game.

Otherwise wouldn't they have just called it PSO episode 5?

But they didn't, so it's not, ergo it is PSU.

Thirdly Gryffin, even in PSO wearing 4 god battles was no different than wearing one so I don't believe 4 quicks would have a cumulative effect this time around either.

Finally Ebram.. Excellent post my friend. You win this topic with your insightful wisdom.

Soars overhead like the air plane!

Aralia
Jul 7, 2007, 11:32 PM
I did.. but my original idea was an addslot.

I kinda adopted/retooled my idea to reflect the one I read, since it made more sense.

But of course, the new idea needs restrictions... obviously no 2 suv's, no 2 slot items being the same, etc.. there's alot of refinement to be done with it.. since for one.. I know I'd abuse it and have 4 suv's on my cast at once. =p

(imagines a meteor attacker's arms swinging while firing sturm out of the shoulders, blitz out of the hands, and a belly cannon firing hegel.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Stefanhizzle
Jul 8, 2007, 12:39 AM
He means 4 extra slots!

I think they are making a special slot for SUV's tho

GoDz
Jul 8, 2007, 02:54 AM
thnx for the replies but i didnt really mean for the 4 suvs or just like god/powers n stuff for power or accuracy and even speed but not stupid stuff like 4 suvs or 4 things like 1 black heart 1 puyo 1 electro heart and 1 whitillwing....that would be like too over powered

ThEoRy
Jul 8, 2007, 11:01 AM
can I just have 2 head slots and call it a day? lol