PDA

View Full Version : Weapon/TECHNIC swap

Helly
Jul 7, 2007, 01:03 PM
I normally have mine on "hold" but after awhile it kinda hurts my fingers to keep doing it so I switch to "click" but get all confused and end up hitting R1 and mess up alot. x.x

So what do you got yours set to?

Lonzell
Jul 7, 2007, 01:04 PM
A bay bay ^.~

Niloklives
Jul 7, 2007, 01:05 PM
click

Aralia
Jul 7, 2007, 01:09 PM
hold as a hunter/force, click as a ranger...sometimes.

(yay for kubara playstyles. =p)

Inazuma
Jul 7, 2007, 01:11 PM
click takes a little while to adjust to, but i found it much better.

Scion
Jul 7, 2007, 01:13 PM
I always have it on hold when I'm playing normally. My lack of an attention span makes it really hard for me to remember if I pushed R1 down or not, and thus making me use the wrong weapon/tech. That can be very dangerous at critical moments when I'm trying to use resta, but instead I use retier. ><

But, if I'm leveling a bullet, or maybe a certain tech (very rarely will I do it for techs though), then I put it on click so my finger doesn't have to hold that button for 109134091837401987 hours straight, lol.

[Edit] >< Lol, I got the two backwards...fixed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-07-07 11:15 ]</font>

RedX
Jul 7, 2007, 01:16 PM
Just click for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedX on 2007-07-07 11:17 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 7, 2007, 01:25 PM
click definitely.

It's great having click because I can use say gravity strike with a saber and as the combo is going on hit the button, and as soon as the combo is over I'm now using my gun.

THE JACKEL

Rashiid
Jul 7, 2007, 01:26 PM
Hunter (if ever i decide to make a hunter character again) - Hold
Force/Ranger - Click

id like to see a force do hold w/ a rod.....

Scion
Jul 7, 2007, 01:28 PM
On 2007-07-07 11:26, Rashiid wrote:

Awww, too bad we aren't on the same servers. I could show you a thing or two. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Midicronica
Jul 7, 2007, 01:31 PM
Click on my GT and FI.

Hold on my FT.

Rashiid
Jul 7, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-07-07 11:28, Hikaru-san wrote:

Awww, too bad we aren't on the same servers. I could show you a thing or two. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

o.0

how the hell can yall do that??

im usin rabarta....then *whopps* finger slips; gibarta......

now thats a waste of 32 PP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
Jul 7, 2007, 01:38 PM
Hold, all the time.

I do it all the time. Since I keep Resta on RB+X and Reverser on RB+Y and I don't use them nearly as much as the two attack techs on the normal X and Y, it doesn't bother me one bit.

Even if I bind all same element techs to a rod, I usually have that element's debuff on RB+Y, and if there is no debuff, I keep the techs of that element that I don't plan on using often like Zonde and Barta.

Scion
Jul 7, 2007, 01:41 PM
Lol, well try my situation:

I put it on click, and I'm using gidiga, which is on my second set. Then 2 koltovas appear, and I wanna use rabarta, so I switch over to my ice rod, but then I accidentally use gibarta. Now I just wasted 32 pp, and most likely I didn't hit them because they weren't in range. LOL

Not to mention I've had some people get killed cuz I couldn't heal them on time, because I was using retier by accident.

I can't get used to click. I've tried. I end up screwing up A LOT. XD

PMB960
Jul 7, 2007, 02:00 PM
On 2007-07-07 11:41, Hikaru-san wrote:
Lol, well try my situation:

I put it on click, and I'm using gidiga, which is on my second set. Then 2 koltovas appear, and I wanna use rabarta, so I switch over to my ice rod, but then I accidentally use gibarta. Now I just wasted 32 pp, and most likely I didn't hit them because they weren't in range. LOL

Not to mention I've had some people get killed cuz I couldn't heal them on time, because I was using retier by accident.

I can't get used to click. I've tried. I end up screwing up A LOT. XD

lol. You know I never even tried click. Hell I didn't even know that was an option. I won't change it anyways though since, especially as a force, I am contantly weapon switching. I have 7 rods each with a different element on them and I just take advantage of my PCs speed in weapon switching to cast the tech I want. If I used click I would end up clicking so much I might as well just hold the button down lol.

Rets
Jul 7, 2007, 02:18 PM
I have mine set on click. It takes awhile to adjust, but at least it doesn't hurt my fingers.

KidoKresh
Jul 7, 2007, 03:27 PM
Click! Because I got tired of my finger starting to hurt from it being press down for so long then the button would come up just enough to change me back to my wand and I would cast my resta spell instead of shooting my kikami.

EphekZ
Jul 7, 2007, 05:21 PM
clickity

Sexy_Raine
Jul 7, 2007, 07:58 PM
Click, because I have my techs committed to memory. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

beatrixkiddo
Jul 7, 2007, 08:09 PM
Click for Crossbows, and anything else you need to strafe with while shooting.

Mewn
Jul 7, 2007, 08:14 PM
Click all the way.

Packrat
Jul 7, 2007, 08:18 PM
I used to have it on hold, then changed to click. I found it very confusing at first but now I can't imagine going back to hold o.o

Stefanhizzle
Jul 8, 2007, 12:41 AM
I usually play on hold but i have switched to click a few times..

I just end up holding it any way

Kaloa
Jul 8, 2007, 06:01 AM
HOLD!

Always, always hold, with my FT, anyways. I keep my two most useful techs in the first two slots, and my lesser used ones in the second two slots (R1 slots). I tried "click" but it just didn't work well for my FT with how often I was wanting to switch between the first and second set of techs on my rod. I'm much more comfortable simply holding the R1 button to use my second set of techs and letting go when I'm done than I am having to click the R1 button, cast my tech, then click R1 again to switch back to my previous set of techs. If I forget to switch back I'll end up casting the wrong thing, and sometimes I'll forget that I DID switch back to my first set and go to switch back to my first set again anyways only to end up back at my second set and I'll end up accidentally casting something off my second set. To make matters worse, I'll then start quickly pressing the R1 button in frustration trying to get to the set of techs I want only to end up on the wrong set yet again. Plus, I play with my finger over the R1 button and I'm prone to accidentally clicking it every so often by accident. If my tech swapping is set to "click" it totally messes me up.

Mayu
Jul 8, 2007, 06:05 AM
Hold o.o

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 8, 2007, 06:21 AM
I put it on click cuz on the PC version, I can't really be able to move around, hold the gun button, and shoot all at the same time.

Sekani
Jul 8, 2007, 08:13 AM
On 2007-07-08 04:21, Shiroryuu wrote:
I put it on click cuz on the PC version, I can't really be able to move around, hold the gun button, and shoot all at the same time.

That's something interesting I would have never thought of.

Me, hold all the way. It's the same kind of playstyle I'm used to from other games.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 8, 2007, 08:20 AM
Hold is so much better for an FG who uses at least 1 pistol.

Neith
Jul 8, 2007, 09:51 AM
Hold, regardless what I play. I think i'd forget which current techs were selected if I used click.

I tried click on a HU before, and couldn't get used to it, so I use hold on all my characters.

Dragwind
Jul 8, 2007, 11:16 AM
If I'm using my fG and using single hand guns like an xbow, then I'll use click. If it's something else that i'll use sparingly or not constantly, i'll use hold.

Nobo
Jul 8, 2007, 11:21 AM
You can change what it's set too? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Helly
Jul 8, 2007, 11:44 AM
Pretty close poll! The clickers are all cool and living it up. Wish I could get used to click but its just to much! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ThEoRy
Jul 8, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hold plz. I can't imagine playing FT with click. Tried it, hated it, and now it's too late to ever change.