PDA

View Full Version : Will the expansion give more character slots?

Forumchibi
Jul 7, 2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure if I worded the question correctly, but does anyone know if the expansion will allow us to make more than 4 characters per account? Right now I'm getting frustrated with how I want to match races with classes and PMs, and owning two accounts to fix that would just be silly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

redcell
Jul 7, 2007, 04:38 PM
Highly doubt it, though would personally like it. I like my four characters, but I just like playing around with an extra character slot that isn't a race that I had chosen or a different look for a character race I do have [oh how I wish I made a Caseal].

Freshellent
Jul 7, 2007, 04:45 PM
I'm pretty certain we will actually. I can't provide a source though.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 7, 2007, 04:59 PM
I couldve sworn I heard it was 2 extra slots.

MayLee
Jul 7, 2007, 05:01 PM
I remember we had 12 slots in the old PSO EP 1 and 2

Give me a few more slots and I can make all the PMs. >.>

Realmz
Jul 7, 2007, 05:02 PM
if we do then i'm closing down my shop and raising a angel pm to be a shop keeper...

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 7, 2007, 05:21 PM
I think we do get 2 extra slots i remember hearing that.

Raven5_1
Jul 7, 2007, 05:32 PM
oh wicked if thats true. that means i can make another male char without sacrificing my 3 main female characters. that SPF suit is mine!

redcell
Jul 7, 2007, 05:33 PM
Seriously? That's great news, then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PALRAPPYS
Jul 7, 2007, 05:34 PM
If it's true I will love Sega forever.

maybe

Dragwind
Jul 7, 2007, 05:48 PM
I highly doubt this, just my opinion >.>

Cz
Jul 7, 2007, 06:11 PM
i am out of character slots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Innominate
Jul 7, 2007, 06:29 PM
This is one thing I'd most like added with AoI. It'd make sense considering there are new classes to try and you may not be able to fit them onto existing characters.

Helly
Jul 7, 2007, 06:39 PM
We need at least 4 more so players can have a m/f of each race. Even more would be cool. Since I never played PSO:BB~ was there a character limit? Or is this just a PSU thing?

Sasamichan
Jul 7, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-07-07 15:21, DaRkWoLf30 wrote:
I think we do get 2 extra slots i remember hearing that.

Source please.

Forumchibi
Jul 7, 2007, 06:50 PM
With the two new classes coming out I would've hoped for more spaces. I can sort of see people using the luck if you had 8 slots available, although if you were doing that just for grinding you could just keep one of your slots free for that anyway.

There's 4 races, there will be 9 expert types after the expansion, and if you're the kind of person who hunts with your PM you could also factor the 5 of those in as well. That's a lot of different combinations for just 4 slots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eeyore
Jul 7, 2007, 07:14 PM
Would ST have to increase character slots if they are merging both worlds of the JP servers?

Golto
Jul 7, 2007, 09:29 PM
I think someone confused the two new types with two new character slots and started this rumor. I have not seen it anywhere in all the info we are getting about AOI. I would like more character slots but I doubt it.

Niered
Jul 7, 2007, 09:34 PM
Logic is not in this thread. LETS SEE...

Its already confirmed that (or at least HIGHLY plausible) that World 1 and World 2 on the Japanese servers are being merged mmmright? Well as I recall, (and feel free to correct me at any point) Japanese players have 4 characters PER world. Ergo, they have 8 in total. Well it seems pretty silly to merge universes and delete character slots within those universe right? I mean, at that point your more or less just DELETING the world, not merging it. So at the very least, there should be a couple of those characters transferring, if not all of them, which would mean that your looking at anywhere from 6-8 slots in total.

Once again, thats just me using logic based on facts that I dont entirely remember. So it COULD be wrong, but if what Ive said holds up, I see no reason not to expect more character slots.

Golto
Jul 8, 2007, 12:31 AM
Even if they did that, would that necessarly apply to non JPN pc/ps2? We don't have two worlds.

norrisj15
Jul 8, 2007, 12:36 AM
why didnt i know this about 2 weeks ago when i deleted my lvl52 male newman to make a beast....jeez....couldve saved me 80 hrs....oh well more fun in PSU!

Wallin
Jul 8, 2007, 12:42 AM
Guess we'll have to wait and see if the Japan merge (assuming that it is how the theory goes) would apply to us as well.

And there's no guarantee Norris, so far it just seems like speculation, so maybe you didn't waste any time at all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Niered
Jul 8, 2007, 01:04 AM
On 2007-07-07 22:31, Golto wrote:
Even if they did that, would that necessarly apply to non JPN pc/ps2? We don't have two worlds.

Theres no reason it shouldnt, theyd have all the programming required to make 8 character saves (even if there isnt much required) and its not like Sonic Team is really hurting for server side memory space on either PC/ps2 or x360. If its not included its due to epic amounts of laziness, something I doubt even Sonic Team could get away with.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 8, 2007, 01:13 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:04, Niered wrote:

On 2007-07-07 22:31, Golto wrote:

Theres no reason it shouldnt, theyd have all the programming required to make 8 character saves (even if there isnt much required) and its not like Sonic Team is really hurting for server side memory space on either PC/ps2 or x360. If its not included its due to epic amounts of laziness, something I doubt even Sonic Team could get away with.

You're underestimating ST... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DonRoyale
Jul 8, 2007, 01:18 AM
Underestimating ST? That's something I thought I'd never hear...

I'd appreciate the extra slots. A slot for luck and more chars to use, woot m/

Niered
Jul 8, 2007, 01:20 AM
I personally think that Sonic Team has actually done a good job with the UPKEEP of PSU. Say what you will about the game, it may have its flaws, but they have kept to some sort of a semblance of an update schedule, not to mention that they legitimately did SOMETHING about hacking. Ergo, I see no reason why we cant expect more save slots in AoI if the japanese servers get them.