PDA

View Full Version : Any word about Food?

redsnow
Jul 7, 2007, 04:36 PM
In the upcoming expansion, has there been any word on if food actually plays a role in the game now? I cannot tell you how disappointed I was when i made my first food items with my PM.. Right now there is no point, it just takes up space (Assuming you already have stuffed every hotdog and gourmet cake down your fully evolved 100level PM). If food did other things besides just healing you +30 HP; like higher level buffs, or temporarily reduce PP costs that would be awesome..

anyway .. any word on this, or am I just dreaming a foolish dream.

Realmz
Jul 7, 2007, 04:59 PM
spicy food gives you a burn debuff, ohh i need some water..

Lonzell
Jul 7, 2007, 05:05 PM
And here's a sexy image of pumpkin pie that'll make you feel as if your own tongue just busted one off in your own mouth.

http://www.tonidunlap.com/pumpkin_pie.jpg

P.S. A BAY BAY!

Vashyron
Jul 7, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-07-07 15:05, Lonzell wrote:

P.S. A BAY BAY!

O.o

Have you Done This at least 20 Times!?

MayLee
Jul 7, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-07-07 15:22, XtremeStarfox wrote:

On 2007-07-07 15:05, Lonzell wrote:

P.S. A BAY BAY!

O.o

Have you Done This at least 20 Times!?

Yes, also PMs and Xbox live messeges

AzureBlaze
Jul 7, 2007, 06:43 PM
I would like food to do something also.
I find it odd that it is rather useless. My HP is pushing 2000, so lugging around 12 Kree Mpuffs for 30 hp a piece is worthless. Especially considering how much they are to make.

There were RUMORS that it helped PM's if you fed them while they were running a synth, but this has long since been busted.

So...what exactly IS it good for? If it was a novelty, why is there such a large variety? It would help if you could SEE the food...then it would become 'collectible' like room decos. Or as Redsnow says, gave you status help.

ST apparently put some real effort into all the edible items and boards to make others with, so it has always seemed strange that nothing really became of it. PSO had a few things you could eat--but PSU has gone far beyond 'novelty haha' with this...to what end?

redsnow
Jul 7, 2007, 06:46 PM
*Sigh* I take that as a no ..
I really think Food could have brought a new dynamic to the game really. Its in many other Japanese games as well. I mean it things could be alot better with food. Some examples would be:

- A food that could heal more than a Trimate.
- A food that would give a level 1 buff for longer than normal meds.
- A food that gave temporary regeneration (level 1, 2)
- A food that would make all your attacks one element temporarily or even inflict status ailments from melee-strikes, of course with a duration.

The possibilites would be limitless and give reason to buy and sell food! Food right now is just so busted in this game and utterly useless. I dont see why they put it in the synth shop anyway, who the heck buys those boards? *ugh*

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 7, 2007, 06:56 PM
Yeah, would be nice if it did something ><

Almighty_Envy
Jul 7, 2007, 09:54 PM
Don't trimates heal full....

Niloklives
Jul 7, 2007, 10:34 PM
yes....yes it does...

Almighty_Envy
Jul 7, 2007, 10:39 PM
On 2007-07-07 16:46, redsnow wrote:
- A food that could heal more than a Trimate.

<_<

McLaughlin
Jul 7, 2007, 11:25 PM
Doesn't one of the foods boost Newman stats by 200%?

KiteWolfwood
Jul 8, 2007, 02:04 AM
Just look at what food did in FFXI. Thats the type of deal we need in PSU. But seriously though for how much effort they put in making the millions of different food it really is useless. Well Fruit juice at least makes a cheap pm food.